Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was publicly announced no body found. They were suspending the search and returning the next day after they secured a search warrant.

I think a lot of that had to do with the amount of trash and clutter behind the house, and maybe where PH was positioned as well. The dog hit on the scent and they knew then whatever tip they had been given played out. No need to rush the process and miss something in the dark of night.

I think a lot of that had to do with the amount of trash and clutter behind the house, and maybe where PH was positioned as well. The dog hit on the scent and they knew then whatever tip they had been given played out. No need to rush the process and miss something in the dark of night.
And get a search warrant so there’s no possible dispute of legality.

They announced that they didn’t have a body, and that it was “complicated” - which, just MOO, but I believe cadaver dogs hit on that spot, and they knew it was likely PH..so yes and no. They didn’t literally have PH, but they did.
Understood and you’re probably right but @margarita was asking what we knew for certain. And that was they said no body and returning tomorrow with search warrant. And yes “it’s complicated” :)

Depends on where the dogs were released. They may have got a hit in the open field near to where her body was found

For all I know, Paighton was stone cold sober and clear eyed. Whoever put her in that grave could have done so even if Paighton did all the right things all the way along the way. I don’t think anyone has said any different. She was small in stature, she could have been overpowered the minute she turned her back or let her guard down.

Her killer, if there is one, needs to be brought to justice. In the very least, whoever buried her owes LE a conversation.

And more than all that, her family needs answers. They are entitled to them. IMO

It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs, including heroin, are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.

I agree with you about P's character and the description of a responsible, strong work ethic, personable and caring young woman. I know your number of fb friends is no way to judge a person but her 1,000+ friends really seemed to be rooting for her. I perceive these are people that knew P before, during, and after her battle with heroin addiction. I don't think this was a person with disposable friends as she was not disposable.

The last pics on P's Instagram are from an industry dinner a week before she vanished. It also hasn't gone unnoticed how generous her industry family from coast to coast have been with their financial contributions to support her memory. That doesn't just happen, that's respect that was earned. MOO

Does anyone know how much clean time PH had? And were there any reports of her drinking or intoxicated at the Tin Roof that night? Just wondering. Goes to her frame off mind.

P appeared in a testimonial for the recovery center she was treated at and the report quotes she entered the center near-death sometime 2018. No idea how much clean time she had but we know her worst time wasn't that long ago.

No MSM reports alleging, confirming, denying prior or current alcohol use. MOO current.

I doubt they think so too, which why I feel they should come right out and tell the public whether or not they should be concerned for their own safety. They haven't said either way. Imo

Maybe "not mentioning" it, is the same thing as tacit admittance that the general public has nothing to worry about from HSBMx2. I realize it could go either way; but it seems more problematic if there's a public nuisance/threat out there and LE in fact isn't saying anything about it, KWIM? If LE don't say something and someone else in AL gets kidnapped or killed, aren't they in more hot water?

Thanks for sharing. That's one thing that nagged at me, that even if they didn't talk at all before one of them left that they'd communicate somehow about the ride.
If I saw anyone I had driven leaving for any reason I'd at least text them "how are you getting home?"
Also, we don't know how close Paighton and this coworker are, but the fact they met at a house and rode together indicates to me that they were friendlier than the usual "going out for drinks" after work.

But there's certainly a lot that happened that we don't know, and nothing we do know definitively points to *any* POI.

All jmo

Edited for typos

The witness named in MSM by her attorney is a co-worker of PH. She appears with PH in the last photos PH posted to her Instagram. I also don't know anything about their relationship but they seem close enough to embrace each other in public at an industry dinner. I imagine she must be absolutely shattered over the loss of her friend. Wishing her strength and comfort.

From my own experience: I can understand what people are saying about white collar addicts.
The issue is there are varying degrees of addiction. I was a high functioning addict. A white collar Addict as has been stated here. A workaholic. Most would probably say extremely responsible in all areas of the rest of my life. Very few knew, and even those would not have known that it was a problem. The problem is , money does not give you a free pass to an upscale candy store of drugs where no "stab you in the neck bottom feeders" will be encountered. Contrary to what you think you know, I assure you depending on the drug, even your white collar addict, is dealing with societies underbelly. All drugs are no created equal. Different classes of drugs come with different classes of people. I assure you, my weed dealer was no threat. Others, made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and I wasn't always living up town. I was intimately familiar with the street for lack of a better term. I have no idea, if PH was using, but would venture a guess, and probably be right. Heroin, Meth, Some Opioids, are a monster compared to other drugs. What they do to you is entirely different. The level of addiction is also very different form some drugs to others. Don't get me wrong, I've seen alcoholics that would drink vanilla extract, or rubbing alcohol when they couldn't get a drink, but Meth, and heroin addicts, are nuts. Trust me. Your societal status goes out the window, when you need a fix. You will roll up your white sleeves, break into your neighbors house and steel the crystal, get high, then be at work tomorrow morning, like nothing ever happened. As for the co worker, I would suggest people reserve judgement until they have a reason not to.

As for the co worker, I would suggest people reserve judgement until they have a reason not to.
In principle, this is very true...we should base judgments solely on evidence. But I just don't think that's how crime solving works. You have to read between the lines to look for clues. And unfortunately, for Grace, she's caught in the middle of this horror.
[Edit: This doesn't reflect my actual opinion on her involvement. I am undecided.]

Question for Well Seasoned Sleuthers:
My title makes you sound edible, doesn't it:)
Is there any legal onus on the part of LE to control the narrative of a case in such a way that innocent parties are not unfairly implicated in a crime?
LE has done nothing to control the narrative in this case. Yes, there can be good reasons for this....and I am generally in LE's court. But
assuming Grace holds no responsibility and that LE is positive of this, IMO , they could have communicated so to take the heat off of her. Can Grace sue for defamation?
Many assumptions here...I'm purely asking on principle.
Hope my question makes sense.:)

Question for Well Seasoned Sleuthers:
My title makes you sound edible, doesn't it:)
Is there any legal onus on the part of LE to control the narrative of a case in such a way that innocent parties are not unfairly implicated in a crime?
LE has done nothing to control the narrative in this case. Yes, there can be good reasons for this....and I am generally in LE's court. But
assuming Grace holds no responsibility and that LE is positive of this, IMO , they could have communicated so to take the heat off of her. Can Grace sue for defamation?
Many assumptions here...I'm purely asking on principle.
Hope my question makes sense.:)

I am going to answer even though I am only mildly seasoned. I think they only have to do so if they were the ones that implicated her to begin with and they have never mentioned Grace. Many people are accused of stuff on social media, that would be alot of time wasted if LE gets involved. I doubt they would release any information until the are certain. For example with Shane Carey they did release saying he was not involved after they arrested Megan.

It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs, including heroin, are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.

I am not saying she left with them to do drugs, she may have left with them just to get a ride. Assuming the person she came with had left and either she was intoxicated and her judgement was impaired or she thought they were safe cause she had interacted with them. I guess if the people who know her say its not like her I have to believe it unless LE proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth