Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mere fact that there are two co-conspirators may indeed bode well for Justice for Jennifer. I mean if I’m KM/KM attorney I’m sitting there wondering if MT will flip and get a deal and if I don’t talk to LE then I won’t have any bargaining chips. Same for MT/and her attorney Bowman. We
Saw what MT did with her three interviews with LE when it was just her and FD facing charges of tampering etc...initially. Now you have a third person charged in KM. It makes things a lot more interesting. I’ll be honest I gave up hope on MT fessing up and I know nothing good about KM BUT again now we have a third person charged and that might be just enough to get some critical information. Cuz we all know it’s not gonna come from FD. So that’s my prayer and hope to tonite: please let either one or both of KM and MT share everything that they know and may the important things they share be corroborated by LE in some way. Words aren’t gonna cut it because MT has lied so many times so I hope if she has anything to share at this point that can further sink FD and can be backed up somehow I pray she will share it and same for KM.

Justice for Jennifer.

MT made a complete mockery of her deposition in the civil suit against FD and her AW doesn't win her any prizes in clear or honest communication either.

While I'd like as much ammunition as possible to convict FD for JD's murder, I think the DA would really struggle to make MT appear credible -- plus jury will hate her! I'm hoping KM has the most bargain with and lays all his cards down without delay. MOO

@gitana1, totally agree that this sicko Fd created a scenario in Family Court that was misery for all involved.

But where I struggle with the Family Court situation is seeing that there were points along the way where non compliance wasn't punished using the tools available to the Court. So far as I know from the file there was no jail time for non compliance, no fines for non compliance and no requirement on Fd to financially support his 5 children due to the unresolved financial disclosure issue I believe, amongst other issues possibly. I'm sure the Court has other tools available but I didn't see any of these used in the file either unfortunately.

We also so far as I know didn't see any atty related sanctions for their facilitating Fd financial disclosure issues in the case although I do think its possible that Atty Pyetranker might have been excused from the case in a similar way to Atty. P. being excused from the case via closed door and off the record meetings which seem to be the norm in CT (file is unclear on exactly how this situation was handled IMO but Pyetranker left the case abruptly). IDK but it was hard to read some of the court testimony from Fd which IMO made it clear that Fd atty's were actually preparing some of his financial disclosure documents and knew that such disclosure documents didn't 'match up' to similar documents submitted to banks by Fd/FORE for the purposes of obtaining a loan.

I think what surprised me a bit here (vs some other DV cases I'm familiar with) is that Judge Heller seemed to understand Fd perfectly and was very strong in her statements about his behaviour and in particular where he lied under oath and also engaged his children in lying on his behalf. But even though Judge Heller called Fd a liar on multiple occasions, she never punished his repeated lying. Sure removing access to the children was a type of punishment but it wasn't really because at any time I think Fd could have chosen to comply with the Judge Heller order and his visitation would have been reinstated. Fd chose not to comply and so didn't see his children for nearly 10 months.

Judge Heller understood Fd quite well I think and this was well done of her I believe. Perhaps the options available to a Judge to punish someone like a Fd are limited but other than removing access to the children after the lying incident there really were no consequences to Fd for lying under oath or submitting false financial statements to the court or any of the other actions we saw in the case to delay the case or prevent resolution of financial support for the children. The Family Court case had contempt orders issued and as @gitana1 so clearly states, Fd had only very restrictive access to his children and this was a source of great frustration and anger for his and he also complained constantly about the associated cost of the GAL and court appointed observer.

I know you/@gitana1 and I go back and forth on this issue of how Judge's manage cases. Something about this Dulos v Dulos case IMO became explosive and IDK if it was the custody aspect or the financial aspect, or perhaps both?

But what is puzzling to me is that even with very experienced atty's involved and a final Judge (of the 3/4 total Judge's involved in the case over the 2 years) who I believe understood the issues of the parties involved, that compliance with financial disclosure from Fd was allowed to go on for such a prolonged period of time that for lack of better expression I think the case simply 'blew up'. Fd fought to the legal mat over and over to not disclose and by virtue of his doing this the Court wasn't able to make financial determination of his ability to contribute to the welfare of his children.

His delay in providing financial information IMO also meant that JFd (and her mother) were put in the position of supporting the children as Fd contributed nothing from the time JFd left 4Jx in 2017 to the maintenance of the children.

What would have happened if JFd and her mother hadn't been able to financially support the children? Would Judge Heller have allowed no support for the children? How many women in the US have the financial wherewithal that JFd and her mother had? IMO very few women have the money to do what JFd was forced to do and IMO she was forced to do it because the Court couldn't figure out how to get money from Fd for nearly 2 years. IDK why the Court allowed the situation to go on for so long as I believe that it escalated anger on both sides. Sure, this case had 2 people that most likely couldn't agree on anything. But to not impose a financial support obligation on Fd is something that I simply don't understand even if it was $2,000/month. Fd paid $0 over the 2 year period for the maintenance of his children. The week after JFd went missing was yet another hearing on the financial disclosure issue. I do believe this was a major contributor to motive in this murder.

Even after 2 years, IMO the Dulos case was nowhere near being able to go to trial as the motions just kept on being filed with no end. I find it hard to believe that had consequences that were significant been imposed at some stage of the process (on both parties) that perhaps the situation might have been resolved or at least heading to trial with decent documentation? IDK, maybe its a pipe dream?

I do hope someone studies the Dulos family case that has Family Law expertise in Hartford and perhaps offers up ideas on how to avoid this happening in the future. Sadly, I don't think there are many easy answers for hard cases where both parties simply cannot agree. But, I do think compliance with court orders is a basic place to start (pretty low bar too IMO) as I'm not convinced Fd ever was consistently held to this basic standard of compliance unfortunately and neither were his attorneys.

Some of the local DV advocates in CT have offered up some commentary on this case along with some suggestions for reform. Perhaps those in Hartford might take note. DV is not a new issue in CT and sadly the situation and stats aren't improving.

Here is a quick article from today with an interview from local DV person:
Fotis Dulos’ murder charge puts new light on domestic violence allegations
MOO

Excellent points about court inaction and especially with regard to letting him get off for 2 years without paying a dime for 5 children. That is insane he should have been required to pay a minimum monthly at least $2,000 until the finances were resolved not zero. Really what kind of intelligent judge doesn't impose at least that? She just did not care to assist JD the primary caregiver because she had means. Insanity in the family courts in CT....

Hmm, I'd be interested in seeing what a 10 minute radius of Welles / 10 minute radius of Waveny Venn diagram looks like.
On June 23rd, the day after it was announced that the search at MIRA had ended, FD set off his GPS when he was out driving on Silver Spring Rd which runs between NC and Wilton, and which briefly crosses the state line into NY (but there isn't a sign).
Even before this happened, I had pegged Silver Spring Rd as a place to dispose of a body within reach of Welles Ln, because it is so remote and wooded, which although there's a lot of woods in this area, is still unique because it is much less suburban and still undeveloped back there. Silver Spring Rd. gets really rough in the stretch before the Wilton line (where the pavement abruptly changes and smooths out) and so there is little to no traffic back there. There is also a branch (East St) that crosses Browns Reservoir. (The reservoir isn't always full at the crossing, sometimes the water is low and muddy flats at the road level.)

BUT: this would be a place where one could go and dig a grave and not be seen, most especially if at night. It is a big expanse and it would be hard to figure out without clues where such a grave might be. He could have easily done what KM did back there and it would not be noticed, especially in May when all the leaves are out. Whether or not he put her there, he might have gone back once he felt relieved they didn't find anything at MIRA, and covered up anything or checked on things.

AND: way earlier in the thread back in September when they released the info that FD had travelled back there, someone did the drive from Waveny and it more or less fit the time points exactly. (I think it was 18 minutes RT from Waveny, which added to the Welles-Waveny trip and the little piece on the Merritt to NC rest stop added up to 47 minutes).
SO: It is possible that FD was attempting to distract or mislead with his little foray out there setting off his anklet just after LE finished searching at MIRA. (When one is wearing an ankle bracelet, you would think you would be careful where you went, but we see FD is very stupid.)
But now we see that KM dug a grave in a remote place, and went back to it (on 5/31 at 11pm) to revisit/patch over the site once LE got heated up (think of the stress for KM on the 31st during the Albany investigation on the news).
The problem is, I don't think you could do a blind search out on Silver Spring if you didn't have some clue where to look, there would be too many places to look. I don't know if LE did ever search there once they found out that's where he went when he set off his GPS. We never heard about them searching the gun club property but now we know they did, so perhaps they checked it out and the media didn't catch wind.

maybe jail forced an 'involuntary' detox and she
needs rehab and continued detox. moo.
Poor MT-- whatever the triggers may be that sent her to the hospital from the courthouse when she was released after posting bail because she's 'not well', I'll hazard a guess that she's suffering from the consequences of reality at being back in jail on charges related to JFd's disappearance for the 3rd time in 7 months, and her comeuppance that conspiracy to commit murder charges are serious 'bidi'ness.

I'm surprised about the quick bailing out & release from jail, and wish there was more LE could hold her on indefinitely, but I think there is enough evidence against her that isn't dismissable from the 3 AWs, that her next court date in February is going to be the 1st time they're going to really let her have it, and she's going to cave under pressure and rat out FD, since their fantasy of getting back together after eliminating JFd didn't work out, and so she doesn't have to go to prison forever.

I think that's why she's been holding out thus far -- cuz she, her atty and family were just waiting to see how bad it was going to get before pulling the rabbit out of the hat and copping a plea. IMO

ETA: I think KM is in "a world of hurt", MT is getting there, and they're beginning to realize they were FD's dupes, as he skates along and attempts to 'rise above' the heinous charges against him and 'get on with his life' and cares not a bit about their fates, and is all smug about being 'back home' toot suite and complaining to LE about press in his neighborhood once again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What if he didn’t bury her at all? I remember the Summer Inman murder.
I agree, there are almost too many alternatives to contemplate, and, IMO, FD had multiple possibilities set up for disposing of her remains just to hedge his bets and have a menu of available options -- he had access to nearby construction sites, homes he was in the process of developing, incinerators, thick woods, water bodies, etc., and picked one when all was said and done, where he's confident JFd's body and/or her remains and/or DNA will never be found. MOO

i'd be interested in hearing more about this deal FD, or NP, made with the bail bond company. it was reported that a friend supplied $~147K, [hope that's right] and then the bond company was to handle the rest? that on the surface looks like a real sweet arrangement considering it was supposed to be $~420K the bond company had to cover.
Bail companies can take a 35% down payment and the defendant has 15 months to pay off the rest.

Yes IMO Its FRAUD.

Yes PEOPLES BANK should not have accepted these checks for deposit without the signature of JFd. Not only that, why is a joint account still open in the name of JFd when she is missing and how was Fd able to then transfer all the proceeds out of the joint account into his personal account? Were there no restrictions on the Joint acct?

It doesn't appear that anything has been done about this matter at all but given that it is in AW then at least Atty Colangelo is aware as is Judge Blawie. Perhaps they will report it? IDK.

Deposits like this should not happen. You would have thought also that given the dollar amount that they would have great scrutiny too. My recollection is that for a deposit of this size to be accepted that a Managers signature would have been required too. WHAT IS GOING ON PEOPLE's Bank of Bridgeport, CT?????

First we have the Sue Morin situation taking the 5th in Family Court on the suspicious mortgage transaction (she was from Farmington Bank and which is now owned by People's Bank of Bridgeport, CT. And now these Chubb checks with no endorsement from JFd.

NOT GOOD. Wonder if Fd perhaps paid someone off to deposit the checks? Situation needs to be reviewed by the bank IMO. Slipshod check processing IMO but sadly perhaps an 'inside job' too. Can't you just imagine Fd telling someone they would give them a few thousand to accept the checks 'as is'???

MOO
Anything can happen with joint accounts. Whatever size the check is for, all rules are the same except for how long it takes a check to clear. Check doesn't even have to be signed. Just write For Deposit Only and account number on the back. Once it's in joint account, it's fair game for either signer to do what they wish. There are no restrictions on joint accounts. This is not the bank's problem or the court's problem. This is a Midler problem. IMO.

Fox61 Tony Terzi Report - includes pictures of MT entering hospital and her sister and mother entering court

Troconis taken to Stamford Hospital after posting bond, Dulos released from custody

Good close-ups. MT’s mama and sis seem to have have lost their Showbiz-pizzazz. I wonder why.

And what’s the story with FT’s concealed right hand? Why is he wearing a plastic bag over it? Does he want us to think he’s carrying a package wrapped in plastic? Check out the bit where he does up his jacket button with his left hand.

On June 23rd, the day after it was announced that the search at MIRA had ended, FD set off his GPS when he was out driving on Silver Spring Rd which runs between NC and Wilton, and which briefly crosses the state line into NY (but there isn't a sign).
Even before this happened, I had pegged Silver Spring Rd as a place to dispose of a body within reach of Welles Ln, because it is so remote and wooded, which although there's a lot of woods in this area, is still unique because it is much less suburban and still undeveloped back there. Silver Spring Rd. gets really rough in the stretch before the Wilton line (where the pavement abruptly changes and smooths out) and so there is little to no traffic back there. There is also a branch (East St) that crosses Browns Reservoir. (The reservoir isn't always full at the crossing, sometimes the water is low and muddy flats at the road level.)

BUT: this would be a place where one could go and dig a grave and not be seen, most especially if at night. It is a big expanse and it would be hard to figure out without clues where such a grave might be. He could have easily done what KM did back there and it would not be noticed, especially in May when all the leaves are out. Whether or not he put her there, he might have gone back once he felt relieved they didn't find anything at MIRA, and covered up anything or checked on things.

AND: way earlier in the thread back in September when they released the info that FD had travelled back there, someone did the drive from Waveny and it more or less fit the time points exactly. (I think it was 18 minutes RT from Waveny, which added to the Welles-Waveny trip and the little piece on the Merritt to NC rest stop added up to 47 minutes).
SO: It is possible that FD was attempting to distract or mislead with his little foray out there setting off his anklet just after LE finished searching at MIRA. (When one is wearing an ankle bracelet, you would think you would be careful where you went, but we see FD is very stupid.)
But now we see that KM dug a grave in a remote place, and went back to it (on 5/31 at 11pm) to revisit/patch over the site once LE got heated up (think of the stress for KM on the 31st during the Albany investigation on the news).
The problem is, I don't think you could do a blind search out on Silver Spring if you didn't have some clue where to look, there would be too many places to look. I don't know if LE did ever search there once they found out that's where he went when he set off his GPS. We never heard about them searching the gun club property but now we know they did, so perhaps they checked it out and the media didn't catch wind.
I'm with you 100% on this as a possible location. It seems that it might make sense for Fd to head north from the JFd house on Welles. Where it gets tricky is AW2 and 3 said that Fd in JFd Suburban headed west leaving Welles and the phone tracked back to Lapham and then there is the "gap time" before Fd is seen in the Tacoma heading north on the Merritt with what looks to be a bike in the bed of the Tacoma. The Suburban we know was left on Lapham with the running lights on.

What happened during the "gap time" from 10:25 am - 11:12 am in NC?

The AW3 says that JFd was zip tied at Welles and presumably in the far rear of the Suburban on the liner.

Did JFd leave Welles alive or dead? Was the 'gap time' in NC used to murder JFd in the Suburban? Or was the 'gap time' in NC used to transfer the body and all the clean up materials to the Tacoma?

I was the one that did the drive to Brown's way back when and I agree that for the NC area, its quite remote with little traffic.

Gray Hughes second video on the most recent AW3 has him going back to something he did originally in the Dulos case which I found quite helpful to visualise Fd options in NC for body disposal. He used Google Earth to draw a rough area that Fd could have driven during the "gap period" between leaving 69/71 Welles, being seen on Lapham Rd, and finally being seen heading north in EE Truck on the Merritt heading back to Farmington.

Here is the AW3 slightly modified version of the 'gap time' available to Fd in NC.

Interesting that AW3 makes mention of possible sight of bike wheel in the bed of the Tacoma as Fd is heading back to Farmington. AW3 makes no mention of a body being visible in the Tacoma truck bed. Could the JFd body have been in passenger seat of the Tacoma and that was what Fd and MT were cleaning up at 80 MS?

What is still unclear is whether the 'gap time' in NC was used for disposal of a body into a predug grave or whether the time spent was used to transfer the JFd body from the Suburban where it appears she was zip tied into the Tacoma or was it used to murder JFd in the Suburban where she was zip tied? I'm sure other possibilities exist too for this timeline.

Did Fd put a zip tied JFd into the passenger seat of the Tacoma or did he bury her someplace in/around NC?

The AW2 and 3 stated that the JFd phone traveled from Welles to Lapham and is less clear about the route of that the JFd Suburban traveled to get back to Lapham. IMO given the age of the Suburban its likely that OnStar gave LE the exact path that the vehicle traveled.

The Suburban is seen leaving Welles at 10:25 am and the time the Suburban reached Lapham is not disclosed in AW3. Fd is not seen again in the AW2&3 until 11:12 am on the Northbound Merritt when Fd is in the Tacoma. I'm curious what others think about the AW language as I'm not 100% certain that the Suburban did travel directly from Welles to Lapham.

What happened between 10:25 am and 11:12 am? I believe Lindy Urso (EE Atty) speculated in an interview early in this case, that the JFd body was buried in NC area. Was the 'gap time' in NC spent burying a body or moving a body between 2 vehicles so that the body could be buried in Farmington area?

NCtimegappng.png

MOO

Last edited:
That pair doesn’t strike me as being penny-pinchers. On the contrary, squandering JFd’s money to get people to do their dirty work, would be routine. If they did previous dump runs they had something to hide, IMO.
Yes, it was probably items that the dump wouldn't accept or made them pay to dispose of IMO. Fd had multiple houses in Farmington where there is Town trash pickup. This issue was explored in an earlier thread. NC has a very complete Transfer station that Fd would have had access to as well given that he owned property in NC.

I'm with you 100% on this as a possible location. It seems that it might make sense for Fd to head north from the JFd house on Welles. Where it gets tricky is AW2 and 3 said that Fd in JFd Suburban headed west leaving Welles and the phone tracked back to Lapham and then there is the "gap time" before Fd is seen in the Tacoma heading north on the Merritt with what looks to be a bike in the bed of the Tacoma. The Suburban we know was left on Lapham with the running lights on.

What happened during the "gap time" from 10:25 am - 11:12 am in NC?

The AW3 says that JFd was zip tied at Welles and presumably in the far rear of the Suburban on the liner.

Did JFd leave Welles alive or dead? Was the 'gap time' in NC used to murder JFd in the Suburban? Or was the 'gap time' in NC used to transfer the body and all the clean up materials to the Tacoma?

I was the one that did the drive to Brown's way back when and I agree that for the NC area, its quite remote with little traffic.

Gray Hughes second video on the most recent AW3 has him going back to something he did originally in the Dulos case which I found quite helpful to visualise Fd options in NC for body disposal. He used Google Earth to draw a rough area that Fd could have driven during the "gap period" between leaving 69/71 Welles, being seen on Lapham Rd, and finally being seen heading north in EE Truck on the Merritt heading back to Farmington.

Here is the AW3 slightly modified version of the 'gap time' available to Fd in NC.

Interesting that AW3 makes mention of possible sight of bike wheel in the bed of the Tacoma as Fd is heading back to Farmington. AW3 makes no mention of a body being visible in the Tacoma truck bed. Could the JFd body have been in passenger seat of the Tacoma and that was what Fd and MT were cleaning up at 80 MS?

What is still unclear is whether the 'gap time' in NC was used for disposal of a body into a predug grave or whether the time spent was used to transfer the JFd body from the Suburban where it appears she was zip tied into the Tacoma or was it used to murder JFd in the Suburban where she was zip tied? I'm sure other possibilities exist too for this timeline.

Did Fd put a zip tied JFd into the passenger seat of the Tacoma or did he bury her someplace in/around NC?

The AW2 and 3 stated that the JFd phone traveled from Welles to Lapham and is less clear about the route of that the JFd Suburban traveled to get back to Lapham. IMO given the age of the Suburban its likely that OnStar gave LE the exact path that the vehicle traveled.

The Suburban is seen leaving Welles at 10:25 am and the time the Suburban reached Lapham is not disclosed in AW3. Fd is not seen again in the AW2&3 until 11:12 am on the Northbound Merritt when Fd is in the Tacoma. I'm curious what others think about the AW language as I'm not 100% certain that the Suburban did travel directly from Welles to Lapham.

What happened between 10:25 am and 11:12 am? I believe Lindy Urso (EE Atty) speculated in an interview early in this case, that the JFd body was buried in NC area. Was the 'gap time' in NC spent burying a body or moving a body between 2 vehicles so that the body could be buried in Farmington area?

View attachment 224965

MOO
Yes, Urso says the answer to where JD is, is in NC. I tend to believe that and accounts for the time gap.

Thanks for that.

As you’ve seen me state before, he ended up with one of the most restrictive custody orders available without denying all contact. And indeed (you know this case so well!) the judge issued those orders once she had evidence of what a liar FD is and that he violated court orders.

Prior to that, it was just he said she said. As I’ve stated before (as you also know!), false DV or child abuse allegations are too common. It’s constant. So this judge doesn’t need to be schooled as to DV.

Too often people seem to think that an allegation should be enough to terminate parental rights and if the judge doesn’t do so they’re idiots.

It’s obviously not the way things work.

And even in cases where domestic violence has been established the policy of every state is to enable contact between parent and child as much as possible while maintaining safety. So even abusers get things like supervised visits.

Finally, as I’ve stated before (and I’m agreeing with your comments not addressing you, @afitzy because I know you know all this by now), a DV restraining order wouldn’t have prevented FD (who doesn’t follow court orders) from murdering Jennifer. Too many women with restraining orders are actually killed after they get one.

The judge didn’t cause this through action or inaction. This is all on that sicko FD.

Edited to add: yes, generally speaking you are absolutely correct. Courts attempt to maintain parent child relationships for the benefit of the CHILD. It’s for the “best interest of the child” standard.

She had not enforced any Orders by contempt, sanctions or jail time. Tools provided to her to keep her courtroom dignified. She allowed FD to become emboldened. Her pattern is much like a parent who does not enforce discipline at home but expects teachers to maintain discipline at school. Then wonders what went wrong as they turn into delinquents and criminals.
Sure, FD was ultimately the killer. Had she acted, the divorce would have moved forward, with FD forced to comply with disclosure of financial information and child support and custody issues being resolved. Instead, he got away with flaunting his utter contempt of the judicial system in multiple courts, and almost got away with murder.
Sorry, the judges are all wimps, disgusting in their lack of control and being part of the good ole boys. Yes, as someone mentioned, a Special Prosecutor needs to be appointed to oversee an overhaul of CT politics. No wonder people leave the state in droves.
Sometimes bulldozing and starting over is better than remodeling. Unfortunately, I don’t think it applies in all cases. Even FD knew that process.

Last edited:
That’s pretty long so I only skimmed. The length of time this case took is pretty common in highly contested divorces with complex financial issues. Jail time is almost never ordered for violation of court orders. It just doesn’t happen much because these are civil issues.

To get close to that someone would have to file a contempt of court and if found guilty usually it’s community service or a fine.

Motions for monetary sanctions are much more common as a means of controlling or punishing bad behavior. But it usually takes a long time for those orders to be issued. Multiple violations.

Further, child custody matters take precedence and the courts are impacted so financial issues often drag.

I’m just telling you as a family law attorney I see nothing remarkable about how this case was managed and not one darn thing to fault the judge for.

And I have no dog in this fight. No connection to the judge, no reason to defend her. Except for experience and fact.

The judge didn’t issue any decisions nor fail to issue decisions in a negligent manner. Not close. I think people have to be familiar with the judicial system from a professional standpoint in order to understand. I hear my clients complain a lot and I try to explain but they aren’t able to really understand. I’ve explained this before on the threads about this case:

“But I don’t understand WHY he keeps getting AWAY with it! How can the judge not DO anything!! Why is this taking so LONG!”

What the client doesn’t understand is that the judge doesn’t have access to everything about the case that we have. The judge hasn’t been exchanging emails and letters between the parties and counsel isn’t on the calls. The judge hasn’t read every discovery request and response and meet and confer letter.

The judge doesn’t know the case like the back of his or her hand. Doesn’t know the history usually. They are impacted. They have multiple cases each day so they read only what they need to for the upcoming day and don’t retain a lot.

Eventually, after months or even years, they will start to know a case pretty well though, if there’s protracted litigation. Then all of a sudden, just when the judge is starting to get a grasp on a particular case? They’re moved. They retire. They go to a different venue. Whatever. So you’re starting from scratch with anew judge who knows no one and has no obligation nor ability to read the entire court file.

The best thing that can happen with nasty cases like this one is either appointing a special master or sending it out to a retired judge who comes in just to try one or two specific cases. When we are able to do that it resolves a lot of issues. But we don’t always have those options.

Regardless, I will repeat: Nothing the judge did or didn’t do caused this. The litigation didn’t cause this. This was a high conflict and complex case. There are thousands of those in every jurisdiction every year. It’s not an excuse to murder.

Finally, putting FD in jail for a couple days for violating court orders would be irrelevant to the ultimate murder. It wouldn’t have prevented it either.

Not verified but need to add, yes, you are absolutely correct in portraying what really happens in every day family law court.
IT DOES NOT MAKE IT OK.
The entire system needs to be overhauled so that non compliance is stopped. And putting more of the non complying parties in jail works.
I’d ask three questions: were you ordered to pay child support? Did you pay child support? What color toothbrush would you like? I have a drawer full to choose your favorite color.
It has always amazed me how quickly the non paying client finds money to pay me to represent them and if jailed, the back child support.
Just ask any parent who is not receiving child support, or compliance with other court orders. I’ve been on the no receiving end. I’ve been on the representing dead beat parents end. Guess which side I’m on.

I agree. She probably has been on some benzo. Either Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, etc. Withdrawal starts after 24 hours and is horrific from knowing of this from someone first hand. That is my bet. She wouldn't have been able to sleep the second night at all. Probably crawling out of her skin. Well, good... nothing compared to the suffering that Jennifer went through.
benzo hell, as it is commonly referred to by those who have been through it. 30 years ago i found out by living it. no fun at all. and for those that don't know, zolpidem [ambien] should be used infrequently at best cause it can make sleep difficult if you stop after using longer than 4 or 5 days. if she had been using ambien recently she probably had a few rough nights in lockup. pity.

Thanks for posting this @afitzy...

UGH...Fd's facial expression almost always appears to be that smug smirk...it appears to be a game to him, and he loves the attention. Really, really dislike everything about him.
Yes, that smirk and his perfectly quaffed hair. That buzz cut that he had when he was arrested speaks volumes too. He likely hated the way he looked back then...scary as ever, but he didn't want his hair to be all over the garage. Monster.

MOO If they are really having to go thru detox and then some rehab it may take a few days or weeks for them to realize they need to talk and tell the truth. Hopefully one of them will have some kind of human feelings of guilt and regret. MOO

To play the devils advocare here she could have been in withdrawal from a antidepressant. I know we all speculate it is something that has a stigma or she is illegally using drugs but it may not be. Time my old coworker would get sick if she missed hers within a few hours.

From approximately April of 2018 until May 31, 2019 Chubb Insurance sent 3 checks totaling $193,610 payable to Jennifer and Fotis Dulos. Each check was deposited into a joint account at Peoples United Bank. None of the checks bare Jennifer Dulos signature on the back. After each deposit, the funds were withdrawn by means of withdrawal slip or a check payable to Fotis Dulos. It appears all three checks were received and deposited into a private account in Fotis’s name and then transferred to a Fore Group, Inc. account. There is no evidence that Jennifer received any of the approximately $194,000 (or her half of $87000). Isn’t this fraud!? A felony?

I understand the AW3 lists FDs financials as providing a possible motive for murder. But is not the above a criminal act? A felony?

Like crimes over a certain amount??? Of money?
incidentally does anyone know what the Chubb checks were for? Why JD/FD were getting them?

I have been wondering what those checks were for too. I was a bank manager for many years. The check should not have been accepted for deposit without proper endorsements (signature is both FD and JD). If FD forged her signature then he would be guilty of forgery.[/QUOTE]
If they were deposited in a joint account that bears both payees a simple for deposit only endorsement would be acceptable at any bank I have had an account. I have done that for years when my husband was not available to sign them. Then again I have not ever done it with checks that were of that amount so I wouldnt be surprised if the requirements were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member