Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Do you mean Sky? Did Chris talk about the killer not leaving after Sky told her bluntly to get out? BTW, lots of folks here believed Sky's life would have been in danger if the killer hadn't been arrested as she packed (with that gun and knife) to flee Yreka.

No, Chris didn't say or imply that...I'm just saying it.
I'd be afraid she'd sneak back in one of my windows or something.

Do you mean Sky? Did Chris talk about the killer not leaving after Sky told her bluntly to get out? BTW, lots of folks here believed Sky's life would have been in danger if the killer hadn't been arrested as she packed (with that gun and knife) to flee Yreka.

No, Chris didn't say or imply that...I'm just saying it.
I'd be afraid she'd sneak back in one of my windows or something.

[QUOTE="yawningreyhound, post: 15629398, member: 100501"
_------+---
(snipped)

Do any of YOU guys remember actually seeing (I'd HEARD of them) any of those letters supposedly written by Travis?
---
**Please tell me the show didn't include any more of the forged pedo letters??!**
---
Oh, I did find it interesting that there was a mention that if there WAS a retrial, Jodi could be up for the death penalty again.[/QUOTE]

On one point. The show said the killer might face the DP again if she was granted a new trial? Did an Arizona attorney say that?
----
**Arizona gets 2 tries for the DP and that's it.

Putting 2 or 3x DP aside for a moment.

The killer's opening brief and oral arguments included nothing specific about the killer's sentence. How could they? She was facing the DP and escaped with a 2nd sentencing mistrial and a judge imposed LWOP.

In different circumstances, the COA
could rule that the verdict was correct, but that the sentence imposed by the jury was unwarranted/too harsh. Not with a mistrial.

(It's been years ago, but IIRC, the incredibly generous and knowledgable AZLawyer, an AZ appellate attorney, did say there was no precedent for....(ummmm), so a theoretical 3rd DP try isn't 1O0% impossible but highly and about 98% improbable. ;)

I didn’t see the Reelz show but I can’t believe they gave LaViolet an outlet to spew her garbage. Alice LaViolet was and still is a man-hating paid shill for the defense. If she had been presented actual video evidence of all of the murderer’s stalking, tire slashing and fabricating, she still would have excused Arias and labeled Travis an abuser. She sickens me as much, if not more, than Arias. Arias will be locked away for the rest of her life. LaViolet is still out there doing damage.

Did anyone watch the special ‘Jodi Arias: The Friends Speak’ that showed tonight on Reelz? The title was misleading; it should’ve been called Travis’ Friends Speak.

Chris Hughes (good friend), Enrique Cortex (roommate), Chad Perkins (childhood friend), & Ryan Burns (One time date of Jodi’s) do both individual & round table interviews about Travis and the case. Mostly stories we’ve all heard before, although Chris did say that the supposed Spidey photo was one of that Jodi took of his kids. They also show some of the ‘letters’ that Jodi claimed he wrote.

But Alice LaViolette is there, still with her DV BS. They do have another forensic physiologist on there that kind of counters her.

Overall, interesting but not that much new (except I think Chris looks good as he ages and with the beard LOL). I think it supposed to re-air on Thursday at 7pm & 11pm. Not sure if it’s OnDemand.

Thoughts of anyone that watched?
Thanks! I'll look for it.

I was also shocked to hear that his ex-wife kind of told her off, and asked her to leave their home. I would of wondered if she would hv come and hunted me down after that...lol...(not funny, but ykwim) jmo

They got divorced? I thought they were LDS?

HUGE sigh here. I tried watching Jodi Arias: The Friends Speak, on ReelzHD. I think I watched about 10 minutes. I just couldn’t do it. Seeing LaViolet twice, that’s as far as I got. She makes me nauseous. I just kept telling myself the murderer has been put away for good, never to be heard from again. I don’t know if there’s a movie made about this horror, but I think Kathy Bates would be perfect to play Alice LaViolet. Does anyone know when we will hear about her appeals, OR has that news already come out and I just missed it.

Regarding the forged “pedo” letters yes I have seen them. Why those letters were even allowed in the trial is beyond me. But I don’t think the jury heard about those letters....anyone know for sure? Stephens DID allow the killer more than enough breaks in the trial. Looking back, so much wasted time with all those sidebars!!!!
I saw the recent Reelz program/ can’t believe Alyce was in it. Geez Louise. She was the worst ever defense witness EVER. She had the gall to say that Jodi was the more abused in the relationship even after Travis was dead at the killer’s hands. That to me put the lid on any credibility she had. I believe she was answering a juror question when she said that. She is a despicable sell out.

I was really hoping the COA would ruin the murderous liar’s holidays with a decision against her BS appeal. But I take comfort in knowing she will be eating prison food and not sleeping under anyone’s Christmas tree.

Happy holidays to everyone here!

I was really hoping the COA would ruin the murderous liar’s holidays with a decision against her BS appeal. But I take comfort in knowing she will be eating prison food and not sleeping under anyone’s Christmas tree.

Happy holidays to everyone here!

I too was hoping it would be announced tomorrow as it IS a Tuesday....Fingers crossed!

Happy New Year! Any Predictions for when the COA delivers the bad news to “Miss Arias” ??

I do think we will hear “Denied” by the end of this month. A poster on Twitter gets the
from the AZ COA website.

When I think back to the killer’s reaction in court when she was convicted, I actually believed the killer thought she would get acquitted.

So much for Magical Thinking, killer Arias....

<modsnip: referenced posts were removed>

If our H4M is not feeling well, I am truly sorry to hear this & hope you feel better soon.

I’ve been searching and waiting to hear what the COA decided. It’s almost 3 months so we should hear the decision soon. I’ll vote with “Appeal Denied” one huge factor being the overwhelming evidence against her. Juan’s behavior didn’t affect the verdict imo.

I admit I am quite disappointed in Mr Martinez’s antics behind the scenes especially with the juror who sent him breast pictures as well as his connection to the blogger (Trial Diaries). Martinez hasn’t denied those events as far as I know. But there was no prosecutorial misconduct that met the burden of effecting the verdict of this trial. The killer left enough evidence and it was proven it was M1.

I’ll be back, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: referenced posts were removed>

If our H4M is not feeling well, I am truly sorry to hear this & hope you feel better soon.

I’ve been searching and waiting to hear what the COA decided. It’s almost 3 months so we should hear the decision soon. I’ll vote with “Appeal Denied” one huge factor being the overwhelming evidence against her. Juan’s behavior didn’t affect the verdict imo.

I admit I am quite disappointed in Mr Martinez’s antics behind the scenes especially with the juror who sent him breast pictures as well as his connection to the blogger (Trial Diaries). Martinez hasn’t denied those events as far as I know. But there was no prosecutorial misconduct that met the burden of effecting the verdict of this trial. The killer left enough evidence and it was proven it was M1.

I’ll be back, lol.
Great post! <modsnip: referenced post was removed> As long as Hope is okay, that’s what matters. I agree Jodis appeal would be denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to state that I am a Martinez fan, but I did not agree with the interaction going on with some of the people in the courtroom such as the M&M's and so forth that the entourage gave him. Gifts for Travis' family yes, but not Martinez. Travis' family behaved in a very dignified way.

Anyway, JA is a monster and the jury got the verdict right, IMO, and she will lose any appeals.

Hi Hope,

I haven’t been here in a long time. Ever hear from the COA regarding JA?

And who is this trial watcher 17 who keeps using your name? What’s up with that?

anyway, so glad you are feeling better! Have a great 2020.

<modsnip: referenced posts were removed> Hope4More if you are not feeling well, we send you get well wishes. Hope to see you back here soon. I feel like we will have some celebrating to do

Great post! <modsnip: referenced posts were removed As long as Hope is okay, that’s what matters. I agree Jodis appeal would be denied.

I'm perfectly fine, thanks. There just hasn't been anything happening with the killer, etc. to post about.

I imagine the COA's calendar kinda froze over the long holidays, but they must be back to being judgy by now.

Given the freakiness this case/process has taken at every and turn, it's length, I'm sure the COA is doing everything in their power to do it right and proper, even if it means going sloooooowly. What's another few months of waiting when we're coming up on the 7th (!) anniversary of her conviction? o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back