Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

I think we should lay him to rest. There is no proof he switched his phone off.....this being said....he is gone....do I really have to say more....
well I imagine his family will want to know, as will the coroner. No need to have a go at me.....

And sky news have written that Police said his phone was turned off shortly after he left the pub

I thought Denton island was more like 8 miles away.

No, I have lived in the neighbouring town of Peacehaven for a lot of my life and Denton Island is very close to the harbour and port of Newhaven, as Cagney said, about 1 mile from the open sea. If it had been much longer before they found him he could soon have been gone for good.

well I imagine his family will want to know, as will the coroner. No need to have a go at me.....

And sky news have written that Police said his phone was turned off shortly after he left the pub

OMG....I'm not having a go at you, please....sky news....please put a link...respect the family then, it's non of our business....do not speculate...because this was discussed since this thread started and over and over it was stated that nobody could trace if the phone went dead of was switched off...Can we at least have some respect for a person who died.

A lovely hashtag from his team

Orpington Athletic FC
@OrpAFC

·
2h
We are incredibly saddened to report that the body of our friend and player, Anthony Knott, has been found in Newhaven. Anthony disappeared in Lewes, East Sussex on 20th December. Anthony's family have asked for privacy at this overwhelmingly difficult time. #weplayforAnthony

That's wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Thank goodness he has been found though...so many discussions and rumors, i.e left on purpose etc, when to me this was always what seemed to have happened...drinking, leaving friends, end up in water. Just keeps happening.
At least his family can have a proper funeral, etc...instead of endless doubt. Jmo

I hope the police do too, but Sussex Police, like all other forces, are woefully under resourced, and as can be seen from headlines in the news, for some reason Sussex and particularly Brighton and surrounding areas seem to be going through a major serious crime wave at present. I hope the family’s questions can be answered in due course to give them some closure. RIP AK, fly high.

Still catching up .... what sad news! Another drinking + water nearby case that ends up in tragedy.

My heart goes out to Lucy and the children. How devastating for them. His friends must be utterly shocked too, and left with a lot of "If only" thoughts.

Really, men out drinking should put something like the buddy system in place and stick to it no matter how drunk. This kind of situation happens far too often.

RIP Anthony.

It's not really low or dangerous at all (hence it's open I guess) - It's the main walkway between the Tesco car park and the centre of town - I've walked over it many a time and never thought of it as dangerous or been concerned. Having said that I've not walked over it in the dark or when I've been drunk, but even so, I don't think you would ever stumble into it and go over, no way.

I suppose it would be possible to go over it if you wanted to/were trying to.

Or maybe if you felt adventurous due to alcohol and sat or balanced on the railings. Jmo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back