TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it!

Heidi's car.jpg

The X is where Heidi's bldg is and her parking lot is on the side where the red line is. Now note the blue swimming pool and bldgs 7 & 8. The woman carrying the baby came walking out from between bldgs 7 & 8, back by the pool. It would make no sense for a kidnapper to take Margo out the front, where the parking area is and then walk around back by the pool and then back out to the parking lot. They would go straight out the front and get into the car. OTOH, is DOES make sense that Heidi would be back there, be it for a little walk or, as Understand Blue suggested, getting her mail at the office which is also back by the pool.
Thank you. The map really helps!

Do we know where MF’s car was when Heidi walked to it?

In retrospect, choosing the exact same due date as HB wasn't a particularly judicious decision. IMO
Yeah but it does happen. Women who are close and spend lots of time together,or live with each other cycle at the same time. ( My dad had blast lol with Ma,and five daughters). So getting pregnant and having the same due dates isn't too far fetched. So it worked for her. Especially considering she was Bible camp,church friend.
MOO

I don't have a sense of the distance between where HB was parked and the office...? but if she thot she'd need the purse for her MF encounter, it doesn't stretch me to imagine her making a quick trip to the office (leaving her purse in the car) while she waited for MF to arrive
Jmo but I think there’s a strong possibility SC unlocked the car, using the fob, and didn’t realize it or forgot when talking to LE, or HB left it in the car, thinking she locked it & forgot. We all know how touchy the fob can be. I am always unlocking/locking or hitting alarm w/o reason.
Another thing, when HB returned home from the school & went upstairs, she probably didn’t need her purse, so leaving it in what she thought was a locked car (perhaps) is no big thing, it would be there when she got ready to do errands.
The chance of HB/MF being in the lot at the exact same time would be hugely coincidental, so I think HB expected her. If HB was headed to get her mail, maybe MF honked & HB turned around......so many small deets will never be known, unless someone finds more cam footage,imo

In retrospect, choosing the exact same due date as HB wasn't a particularly judicious decision. IMO
lol what if Margo arrived two months early?

Last edited:
Agreed. I just read the statement again. She positively identified MF. She didn't identify or even describe the woman with the baby except as a white female. Nothing about clothes, build, etc.

I can't believe they didn't completely search the apartment. MF had the key. She could have given the key to someone else, too, right as HB got home - while MF dealt with the baby part.

The whole KB trial comes back to mind. They didn't even consider or look at the apartment for weeks.

True, the car was there just after 9AM to get the baby. But no one was known to be in that apartment until SC apparently got home at 2:50PM.
I can't find where the witness positively identified MF. See attachment. Is it somewhere else? Thanks!

The witness statement is a snippet, not LE's entire interview.

Unless they had probable cause, police can't cordon off a persons home with crime scene tape and search it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200110-180545_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200110-180545_Chrome.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 20
Things that still cause me to pause:

I would like to know the size of HB's red purse that was found inside her unlocked, 2012 Honda Fit. We saw pictures of the grocery list, do we have pictures of the purse?

SC states he went to collect his son from Karate class and waited there for HB until after 6 pm.

After SC and his son returned to the apartment, SC states he looked inside HB's unlocked car and found her red purse complete with cash, credit cards, identification, etc. SC was very surprised HB's car was left unlocked, and shocked her purse was inside.

Books that HB purchased for her son at the bookfair on 12/12 were found inside her apartment when SC got home from work.

If a matter of logistics, would a reasonable person first carry the purse or books inside?

Assuming the door locks in working order, why leave them unlocked with your valuables inside?

In any neighborhood, how likely is it for an unconcealed purse to remain inside an unlocked parked car--for approximately 10 hours--without being touched or stolen? (Apartment high crime area?)

Did HB really leave her purse in the car, or did somebody else place it there?
The purse in the car has been bothering me too. Before we knew MF was the culprit I envisioned Heidi starting to get into the car when some non-threatening someone interrupted and she stepped over to talk to them. Since she didn’t have the baby I hypothesized she left the baby with someone she trusted while she ran a quick errand.
But if Heidi brought the baby to the car from the back by the pool area the purse in the unlocked car makes no sense.

If MF had an accomplice I can see Heidi asking MF to watch Margot while HB ran to the store to get items on her shopping list and the accomplice being the person who interrupted her when she was getting into the car. Then MF bringing the baby to the car, but it doesn’t explain why she would come from the back of the building.

I’m well aware that most of you think MF bringing the baby to the car is a preposterous theory in part because the person with the baby came from behind the building. After seeing the map I understand why. But the purse in the unlocked car is a loose end that bugs me and IMO the “quick errand” theory explains it best.

If anyone’s interested in playing “what if” with me, what was in the common area that might have given MF reason to go back there? (For ex: HB asking her to get the mail).

What we know for sure: HB had the baby and her keys, her purse was in her unlocked car and the diaper bag and carseat was in the apartment. Heidi exited the apartment with only the baby.

So with this in mind I am thinking maybe -

HB got home from school, took Margo and the diaper bag up, grabbed her keys and went to get the rest of the items, her purse, etc. MF drives up, maybe she had been watching from the parking lot, she likely knew that this would be Heidi's first day to take her son to school and that Heidi's mother had gone home.

MF tells Heidi she needed to run to the store before coming in, tells her she has a car seat so just grab Margot, we'll be right back. No need for diaper bag.

Or, HB got a text or call from MF to meet her outside to go wherever, and not to worry with the car seat, she has one b/c Luna stayed home with CG. Heidi grabs Margo and her keys so she can grab her purse - HB gets in to put Margo in the car seat - baby locks engaged and driver speeds away.

I know it's full of holes, just trying to figure out the scenario.

The purse in the car has been bothering me too.
Have you ever locked your car & later while fumbling thru your purse or pockets unlocked it or hit the alarm?

FYI: I was at my local Lowe’s the other day talking to people in the lot, I hit “unlock” on my fob, three vehicles in a row unlocked! Click click click click. The acquaintances I was chatting with were all like “wow, omg, did you hear that.” A person that was going to enter the store took pic of LPs to give to CSR so they could put out a page.
My experience only....

And apparently she also had her phone.. so why didn't she use it if she became at all alarmed? (It was an iphone 11, I believe? Do iphone11's have that feature where you hold it a certain way and it automatically dials 911?)

Yes, I see now that Heidi looks to be wearing the purse strapped across her at the school.

purse-and-wallet-png.220742

link in post #587

iu

Search continues after Austin woman and 3-week-old baby mysteriously disappear
Most excellent catch.

Have you ever locked your car & later while fumbling thru your purse or pockets unlocked it or hit the alarm?

FYI: I was at my local Lowe’s the other day talking to people in the lot, I hit “unlock” on my fob, three vehicles in a row unlocked! Click click click click. The acquaintances I was chatting with were all like “wow, omg, did you hear that.” A person that was going to enter the store took pic of LPs to give to CSR so they could put out a page.
My experience only....

Yes - I not only unlocked someone else's Yukon, I got in it, and then started noticing it was messy and there was a car seat in the back and freaked out and got out ASAP. It's not that uncommon if it's happened to two people on this thread :)

And apparently she also had her phone.. so why didn't she use it if she became at all alarmed? (It was an iphone 11, I believe? Do iphone11's have that feature where you hold it a certain way and it automatically dials 911?)

The only way I've done this is by accident with my hands free device. :)

And also, there's no reason to be alarmed if your much beloved longtime BFF shows up for a surprise or planned visit, IMHO. If mine did, I'd happily hop in and do whatever. Things would have to get pretty weird before I'd think my best friend was a threat to me.

@UnderstandBlue that is hilarious, glad you noticed before you drove off. Same thing happened to a friend, she got in the wrong car, hers parked 3-4 away.
when I unlocked three (4 including mine) all were dif makes. A universal fob?
With HB in an apartment complex & a good many vehicles, I consider it possible another fob unlocked it, or if she had her fob in a pocket, leaning against something could have activated the unlock feature, Jmo

OMG. I’ve never heard of that. If my phone has it it’s only a matter of time before I accidentally summon for help.

Tortoise said:
this is the wording - "preventing her liberation by holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found; specifically, inside a black duffel bag in the trunk of a parked vehicle."
Does this mean they think she was still alive inside the duffle bag in the trunk?
Unfortunately, while I've tried to think of alternative meanings to that statement, I can't think of one, aside from your explanation. I just never dared to post it before.

It's horrible to think, but what else could it mean? A dead body can't liberate itself.

Last edited:
Got it!

Heidi's car.jpg

The X is where Heidi's bldg is and her parking lot is on the side where the red line is. Now note the blue swimming pool and bldgs 7 & 8. The woman carrying the baby came walking out from between bldgs 7 & 8, back by the pool. It would make no sense for a kidnapper to take Margo out the front, where the parking area is and then walk around back by the pool and then back out to the parking lot. They would go straight out the front and get into the car. OTOH, is DOES make sense that Heidi would be back there, be it for a little walk or, as Understand Blue suggested, getting her mail at the office which is also back by the pool.

Can you please source this map? Thanks!

edited because this site is haunted!

@Trudie for a brief second I wondered if I was losing my mind. Because honestly at the time, that seemed more likely than my remote unlocking someone else's car! It was pretty unsettling, even after realizing I wasn't having some sort of fugue state, LOL.

I can't find where the witness positively identified MF. See attachment. Is it somewhere else? Thanks!

The witness statement is a snippet, not LE's entire interview.

Unless they had probable cause, police can't cordon off a persons home with crime scene tape and search it.
Yes, it's in the AW/affidavit - the certainty with which she identified MF was around 70%... sorry, do not have the AW/affidavit on this computer :/

Does this mean they think she was still alive inside the duffle bag in the trunk?
I had the exact same question. How can you liberate yourself if you're deceased? Or even if you were found, deceased, would you then be liberated? The alternative (trapped in duffle) is too awful to contemplate.
If we go insane can we blame MF?

Tortoise said:
this is the wording - "preventing her liberation by holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found; specifically, inside a black duffel bag in the trunk of a parked vehicle."

Unfortunately, while I've tried to think of alternative meanings to that statement, I can't think of one, aside from your explanation. I just never dared to post it before.

It's horrible to think, but what else could it mean? A dead body can't liberate itself.
Tortoise said:

possibly forced into a large duffel that locks, like we use for flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ