Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

I know it can be tempting to think of this as a possible suicide, but to get there requires some serious mental leaps right now imo. Consider that KG:

- Took a water bottle with her
- Put on a shawl
- Left her room door ajar
- Was found in a small lake/pond surrounding her hotel

This would mean that she meticulously did the first three above because as noted, there is some thought that went into those actions, then walked down the back stairwell of the hotel and threw herself into said waterway.

Most people who commit suicide by drowning tie something heavy to themselves to avoid the natural thrash/fight for your life that kicks in when you go under water. Others jump off things like bridges or cruise ships and the impact of the fall either kills them anyway or renders them incapacitated so said thrash/fight response can't kick in. The circumstances here satisfy none of these conditions.

I'm more inclined to believe someone pushed her in vs. suicide but neither hold weight at the moment. Unless some new evidence or info is released, neither of those scenarios make sense imo.

No clue if she took a sleep aid like Ambien but that’s what it sounds like to me with no prior history of this sort of thing. Ambien can be super dangerous with well documented cases of people walking, driving, eating etc with zero memory of it the next day. Happened to me once and it scared me to death! I was told about it the next day and now, 9 years later, still have no memory of my activities.

Terrifying. Insomnia doesn't seem so bad in comparison. This article I posted earlier discusses car accidents and more - there was at least one class-action suit over it so it's no joke.

Comments reported by a family member came off strange to me: Does not think there's foul play involved. Noted no fence between the pool and the pond at the Westin. Thinks she drowned, and glad it's over because it could have gone on [search] 20-30 more days.

I don't think I can recall manner of death comment made to media (by family) same day body of the missing recovered. Makes me wonder if wrongful death suit forthcoming?

If it was ambien related, there should be a wrongful death suit, IMHO.

Video footage shows divers pulling her body to shore already in a body bag. Usually they bag the body once on shore? Were they being sensitive to family, protecting evidence, or keeping details of the investigation private?

Wasn't LE criticized in the Lauren Agee case for not bagging her in the water and preserving potential evidence?

And, was the surface slick? Had it rained? Did she know how to swim? MOO
Pommy, it has rained more than normal for this time of the year. In SFL, pop up showers are a part of everyday life so hard to say if it had rained at the hotel. The moon has been incredible the last few nights. At the time she went missing @2:00am early Thursday morning the moon was shining brightly towards the east and not quite high in the sky. I live @10 miles from the ocean, with east facing bedroom windows, and could see it shining through the top open part of our plantation shutters... even got out of bed to look out the window. In SLF the sky never gets really dark due to the flatness and all the lights, so when I saw the moon, I also saw the occasional clouds passing over the moon. It was eerily beautiful....kind of mesmerizing. My husband and I were tempted to go out back and take a look (but my lazy butt didn't want to go downstairs :p). The hotel is only a few miles from the ocean. Is it possible that she was in a room facing the east/ ocean and could see the moon shine from her window and decided to go outside to take a look?? ... and would she have had to walk further away from the the hotel to get a break in the corporate park buildings to see towards the ocean/moon? I don't know the answer, nor do I think anyone will.... but I would understand if that was the case.

fllwi-outdoor-pool-1055-hor-clsc.jpg

Fenced, landscaped, bulwark protection behind swimming pool.

The Westin Fort Lauderdale

There is no fence or bulwark between the pool and the lake, just landscaping surrounded by gravel. You can see an actual fence probably containing hvac equipment with a person standing beside it to the left in this picture. That lack of any obstacle to the lake will probably be grounds for a hefty lawsuit, especially if an alligator turns out to have been involved which a body bag being taken out into the water suggests to me.

Maybe she couldn’t sleep and decided to take a walk around the pool/water area. It’s very pretty and soothing looking. What if she lost her footing and fell in? It being a total accident and has nothing to do with sleepwalking, Ambien, suicide, gators, ice, or Snickers bars? JMO

Maybe she couldn’t sleep and decided to take a walk around the pool/water area. It’s very pretty and soothing looking. What if she lost her footing and fell in? It being a total accident and has nothing to do with sleepwalking, Ambien, suicide, gators, ice, or Snickers bars? JMO

Could be. I will be shocked if no video surfaces. I find it hard to believe there would be no cameras on the pool area at a Westin! I'm not saying I've heard there are NOT.....just that I'll be surprised if there are not.

Could be. I will be shocked if no video surfaces. I find it hard to believe there would be no cameras on the pool area at a Westin! I'm not saying I've heard there are NOT.....just that I'll be surprised if there are not.
Yeh, it’s still early in that part of the investigation. It bothers me there was no video of her leaving the hotel when she obviously did, so I’m hoping that with them knowing where she went now that video will show how it all happened. I just hope it’s well lit and the video is clear and not grainy. MOO

I don't know much about this case, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some foul play, and someone decided that this would be a great way to eliminate evidence.

Suicide by gator, is definitely not something I think ANYONE would consider. Strike that down.

Trip and fall into slimy water? I don't think so. Random gator attack while taking a walk? Very unlikely. Gators tend to stay in the water, and attack when someone gets in the water. Yes, they do go on land, but not to hunt, and not a person. Otherwise, we would hear about gator attacks daily.

My daughter used to walk past several gator ponds home from school, for years. No problems.

Nice moonlit night. Might seem inviting to sit on the wall and dangle your legs down near the water to feel one with nature. Gator would grab the leg easily. Like I have said from the beginning, folks underestimate the dangers lurking below. Even locals. IMHOO

A woman alone and seasoned traveler would not leave her room door open to take a walk.

100% agree. Also walking in socks is not something I would ever do in a hotel or anywhere, really. Barefoot *maybe* - not for me, but not as odd to me as the socks.

I agree. I wonder if they were slipper socks with grips on the bottom, or jus run of the mill socks? I’m also curious... did she hurry down the stairs as if on a mission, or was it casual? And how was she not seen exiting to the pool area?

Going outside to have a stroll in the middle of the night at a strange hotel in socks while leaving your hotel door unlocked with your valuables and sleeping friend inside doesn't sound like something anyone I know would do. Certainly not something any woman is likely to do, especially one who is a savvy traveler. That's a long list of "no no's" for a person to ignore. I would have to lean towards intoxication, drugs (prescription or otherwise), meeting with someone, or grabbed from the hotel and dragged outside. It seems hard to believe she did this all willingly and fully sober. Could also have been a bad panic attack. They can certainly cause someone to make some hasty and ultimately bad decisions.

A friend of one of Glover’s siblings posted on FB that her body was found floating in the water near the hotel pool. “Somehow she got out there in her sleep or a confused state.... they suspect she fell in.”

Yeah I could almost buy that she went out walking because she couldn't sleep, went out to the pool area, and maybe wanted to get closer to see the lake/horizon and fell in, drowning (has her husband said if she knows how to swim?) But the other stuff doesn't add up for me.

I just can't imagine walking outside at a hotel like this in just socks. Not even slipper or something. And leaving the room door open to leave her roommate vulnerable? This doesn't make sense. It seems like she did not leave her room in a right state of mind, whether that be due to meds, sleep aids, alcohol (I wonder if any alcohol was drunk from the mini bar in the room?)

This is very sad and strange.

Sleepwalkers don’t grab items to take with them. If this was a gator attack it would be very apparent and LE would be quick to label it as such. This will be classified as an accidental drowning and if there was something in her system we’ll probably never know those results.

Sleepwalkers don’t grab items to take with them. If this was a gator attack it would be very apparent and LE would be quick to label it as such. This will be classified as an accidental drowning and if there was something in her system we’ll probably never know those results.

This story was compelling - she took a box of macaroni with her. And left in her socks. And the people who have sleep driven on Ambien took at least their car keys.

I really hope they do do toxicology - if only for the peace of her family, who I'm sure are wondering all the same things. :(

This story was compelling - she took a box of macaroni with her. And left in her socks. And the people who have sleep driven on Ambien took at least their car keys.

I really hope they do do toxicology - if only for the peace of her family, who I'm sure are wondering all the same things. :(
I’ve taken Ambien in the past for insomnia. I took my stepson to school in it’s haze and have no recollection. Got up, got dressed, made him drive to school and then I drove to the gym. I drove on the interstate. I “woke up” on the treadmill once I got the blood flowing. I had no idea how I got there. I never took another one again. Step son said I was quiet on the drive but he figured it was because I hadn’t had coffee yet.
Leaving room in socks, door ajar..if she does use ambien I wouldn’t be surprised if she was walking her home path to the kitchen or bathroom under the haze of it and fell in.

I’ve taken Ambien in the past for insomnia. I took my stepson to school in it’s haze and have no recollection. Got up, got dressed, made him drive to school and then I drove to the gym. I drove on the interstate. I “woke up” on the treadmill once I got the blood flowing. I had no idea how I got there. I never took another one again. Step son said I was quiet on the drive but he figured it was because I hadn’t had coffee yet.
Leaving room in socks, door ajar..if she does use ambien I wouldn’t be surprised if she was walking her home path to the kitchen or bathroom under the haze of it and fell in.

So frightening. I bet you were scared to death. That's an interesting theory about the "home path". Muscle memory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back