Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Harley Dilly was last seen at Port Clinton High School wearing maroon puffer jacket on Friday. The teen is reportedly 4 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 101 pounds.

Port Clinton teen reported missing

e8f48b2b-73cc-4407-8c92-ebf569580ae4-missingteen.jpg

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Previous threads:
OH - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019
OH - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Link to poll
POLL - Harley Dilly Disappearance

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Youth UPDATE: Friends, our officers are continuing to investigate ANY and ALL leads involving Harley's disappearance.

WHEN he is located, WE will notify everyone here on our Facebook Page.

PLEASE stop posting that he has been located, unless WE the POLICE have actually notified you!

Our phone lines are busy enough without having to deal with “rumors”!

Thank you,

Chief Hickman

Port Clinton Police Department

I feel like way too much is being read into the HD locked outside video. For me, the "consequences", the "bad things" that could happen are as trivial as he eludes to, i.e not being allowed to go on a field trip

That could be, but it also tends to set a kids state of mind. A scared child tends to open up more. He alludes to there being more going on in his household.

HOWEVER what is concerning to me, is that fact that the timeline seems to be jacked up. We have a security image from 6:05 am saying "this is HD" and the Mom saying she last spoke to him at 6:50 am. So, if that was HD at 6:05 where did he go and what was he doing for 45 min's prior to telling his Mom he was sick? Or is that image, as I feel, some random person. This case is one HUGE mystery that keeps seeming to get bigger IMO

I am hung up on the locking kids out of the house cause your fighting. I asked my 15 year old daughter if that is common among her friends, she said yeah. Parents do it all the time?! She also said it’s not uncommon for a kid to get kicked out and drift from friends houses every night.
I am very confused my this, we are parents, we are the bigger person. We shouldn’t be locking our kids out and making them look for places to crash. We should be loving them unconditionally, parenting them and showing them how to deal with conflict.

Harley Dilly was last seen at Port Clinton High School wearing maroon puffer jacket on Friday. The teen is reportedly 4 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 101 pounds.

Port Clinton teen reported missing

e8f48b2b-73cc-4407-8c92-ebf569580ae4-missingteen.jpg

Previous threads:
OH - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019
OH - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Link to poll
POLL - Harley Dilly Disappearance

Can we get this post corrected please?
Harley was not last seen at the high school. by all accounts he never made it there!

Last edited:
I am hung up on the locking kids out of the house cause your fighting. I asked my 15 year old daughter if that is common among her friends, she said yeah. Parents do it all the time?! She also said it’s not uncommon for a kid to get kicked out and drift from friends houses every night.
I am very confused my this, we are parents, we are the bigger person. We shouldn’t be locking our kids out and making them look for places to crash. We should be loving them unconditionally, parenting them and showing them how to deal with conflict.

Yes, parents call this "putting kids out." It's terrible.

In that same video he said "Mom said if I'm not here when she returns there will be CONSEQUENCES". Someone transcribed the video on reddit, since they are HD's words and I KNOW they are as I have watched the video numerous times prior to it being deleted I am going to c/p the part that I am referring to.

"I wish I was at my friends but my mom told me if I’m not here when she gets back there will be consequences. So, I’m hoping nothing bad happens. But I’m still going to stay on until my mom gets back. But guys…this is a very serious moment. I’m not even going to ask for likes and subscribes. I just want you guys to wish me good luck because the future could hold bad things for me. And I don’t want to find out what that can mean. That could mean me not going to Washington DC for my field trip."

even though it IS reddit I can site my source if you would like since this is directly from HD's video, someone transcribed it. The video "I'm Scared" From Oct 2018 has been removed from HD's Channel. Not sure as to WHO removed it.

Bringing this post over from the old thread -
I'm pretty sure it was my post you found on reddit lol but anyway! Yes! The video is now deleted. Wouldn't shock me if local LE did it somehow to lessen the "bullying" on the family. MOO.

One of our members had the good sense to save the video before it got deleted so I have seen it since it got deleted. I am not sure how to share it with you all here, but maybe if that member reads my post they will share it.

@heed I can’t go through all the pressers to find it again (I’ve done it several times up thread As have others). Hickman specifically states Harleys mom said saw him (later changes to talked to him) at 650a in either the first or second conference.

It’s listed on the Ohio Attorney General page and major news outlets as “around 7am” last seen time
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...r/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Dilly

https://www.wave3.com/2019/12/24/ohio-attorney-general-issues-endangered-child-alert-missing-port-clinton-teen/

Who's to say she didn't lock him out again as they had apparently had another argument recently before he went missing? MOO, amateur speculation, etc etc. That could be reason for him to stay good and mad for a long time, maybe also scared of his mother, and somehow run away for this long (I have no idea where/how he would get the resources to do so)

I am shocked multiple people are saying they've heard of parents locking their teenagers out. How common is this? o_O

When it happened to me in high school, my friends were absolutely horrified. I remember calling my friend bawling my eyes out and she drove 20 miles to come and get me and let me spend the night at her house. For which there were consequences with my mom and stepdad. Which is also what Harley was discussing in his video, he wanted to leave but he was scared so he stayed and endured. I couldn't handle being outside in the cold for 4 hours and had a bad day at school on top of it as well as a chronic illness flare up (I was locked out multiple times but this is referring to the time I called my friend). My close group of friends (about 7 people) said their parents had never done that to them, and they all told their parents who were absolutely upset about it.

So... it isn't a "normal" thing to do. Definitely.

@heed I can’t go through all the pressers to find it again (I’ve done it several times up thread As have others). Hickman specifically states Harleys mom said saw him (later changes to talked to him) at 650a in either the first or second conference.

It’s listed on the Ohio Attorney General page and major news outlets as “around 7am” last seen time
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...r/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Dilly

https://www.wave3.com/2019/12/24/oh...ngered-child-alert-missing-port-clinton-teen/
Ohio Attorney General issues endangered child alert for missing Port Clinton teen

I see that. Thank you. I was trying to find it also. The morning of Dec 20 has so many discrepancies it is hard to keep everything straight.

OMG I have flipped the lock on our back door on my son as a joke a few times....NOTICE I said backdoor, our front door doesn't really lock, ok so it does but we don't have a key for it so we don't lock it. Either way, he was knocking on the door sayin "Mom let me in" I told him to walk around and as he got to the end of the sidewalk to go to the front door I opened the door for him. I have done this in summer and winter just playing around.
I can't believe that parent's LITERALLY lock their kids out of the house for hours on end and make them find another place to go. I mean what if their kid is the one that doesn't fit in at school and has NO friends? I guess that child is supposed to contact a police officer and let them know about what's going on at home.

When it happened to me in high school, my friends were absolutely horrified. I remember calling my friend bawling my eyes out and she drove 20 miles to come and get me and let me spend the night at her house. For which there were consequences with my mom and stepdad. Which is also what Harley was discussing in his video, he wanted to leave but he was scared so he stayed and endured. I couldn't handle being outside in the cold for 4 hours and had a bad day at school on top of it as well as a chronic illness flare up (I was locked out multiple times but this is referring to the time I called my friend). My close group of friends (about 7 people) said their parents had never done that to them, and they all told their parents who were absolutely upset about it.

So... it isn't a "normal" thing to do. Definitely.
when i watched the video last week i got the impression that harley came home and his mother was not at home so the house was locked. so, harley either did not have a key to the house that day or maybe no key at all. i did not see it as harleys mom "locked him out" though. just that when he got to the house his mom was gone and for some reason he had no key. anyway, i'd need more "backstory" to this incident before i could say his mom locked him out. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie