Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copy pasted this from the link you provided for the case.

Case Information
Case Number: FC2019-092936 Judge: Coffey, Rodrick
File Date: 2/8/2019 Location: Southeast
Case Type: Family Court With Children
Party Information
Party Name Relationship Sex Attorney
Charles Vallow Petitioner Male F Larson
Lori N Vallow Respondent Female Pro Per
Party is a minor: name not published Minor Male Pro Per
Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
3/6/2019 042 - ME: Case Dismissed - Full 3/6/2019
3/5/2019 ODI - Order Of Dismissal 3/6/2019
NOTE: WITHOUT PREJUDICE
3/1/2019 NDI - Notice Of Dismissal 3/4/2019
NOTE: Notice of Dismissal Pursuant to Rule 46(A) A.F.L.P.
2/26/2019 MOT - Motion 2/27/2019
NOTE: Motion for Order for Alternative Service/Expedited Ruling Requested
2/21/2019 ORA - Order To Appear 2/25/2019
NOTE: RE TEMPORARY ORDERS
2/15/2019 AFI - Affidavit of Financial Information, Restricted after 1/1/06 2/19/2019
NOTE: Notice of Filing Affidavit of Financial Information of Petitioner/Husband
2/15/2019 PTO - PETITION/MOTION FOR TEMPORARY ORDERS 2/19/2019
NOTE: Motion for Order to Appear Re: Temporary Orders
2/15/2019 MOT - Motion 2/19/2019
NOTE: Motion to Accelerate Temporary Orders Hearing
2/15/2019 MOT - Motion 2/19/2019
NOTE: Motion to Designate Documents as Confidential
2/8/2019 ONA - Ord & Notice Attend Parent Inf 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 COM - Complaint 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 PIN - Preliminary Injunction 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 NCH - Notice To Convert Health Ins 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 SUM - Summons 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 NAR - Notice Of Appearance 2/11/2019
2/8/2019 SDS - Sensitive Data Sheet - Restricted Access 2/11/2019
Case Calendar
Date Time Event
3/6/2019 16:00 Resolution Management Conference

The case was dismissed after a resolution management conference on 6 Mar 2019.
Thank you for posting the text from the link. It is good to have it here in this form rather than just a link. Moo.

3/1/2019 NDI - Notice Of Dismissal 3/4/2019
NOTE: Notice of Dismissal Pursuant to Rule 46(A) A.F.L.P.

Rule 46(A) of AFLP means CV asked for a dismissal himself. He filed for the dismissal several days before the resolution management conference so I suspect the conference was just a quick meeting to sign papers.

If you were able to look at the link today, LE was able to look at it in July. There is no reason it wouldn't have been available. I am not sure why you don't understand this. Moo
edited: earlier reply I thought better of posting deleted
Because if a divorce case is dismissed, as this was, why would it be considered by LE? A court had never made a judgement on those filed documents to even ascertain their validity IMO.

Well, you can't arrest a dead person, which would be one of the potential suspects (Alex). And since Alex is now dead, and children are missing, I fail to see how they could possibly get enough for an arrest of Lori-ever.
If they had analyzed blood splatter patterns, angle of the bat bruise and fingerprints on the bat I think if Lori swung the bat after the fact they would have been able to tell. I doubt they did any of those things but maybe they took pictures and can piece something together from those.

Of course if they can find the children they might have more facts. Which may be why the kids are nowhere to be found.

MOO

Can someone tell me what kind of Jeep that was? Wrangler, Rubicon, Renegade, Patriot, Liberty, etc? Color? Please. It's important.

Edit: Also color.

Tried to find more information for you, and found this photo on twitter from Justin Lum Fox 10 of Brandon Boudreaux's divorce/custody? paper work describing the drive by shooting incident. There is no description of the vehicle at all.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

"Due to the severity of this incident and the current investigation into the attempted murder of Father, Father has been instructed by the investigating law enforcement agencies that he is not to reveal the name of the individual(s) who are currently viewed as suspects or to reveal any information as to the specific details relating to the evidence gathered thus far in the investigation."

But from all the other reporting I read, it was a Jeep registered to Charles Vallow. The Gray Hughes You tube I listened to referred to it as "Tylee's Jeep"

I don't believe either of the death is due to natural causes. Whether autopsy will figure it out is another story, especially in Tammy's case (considering she was buried for almost two months).

I found this podcast/YT video interesting simply because there is a criminal def attorney speaking about some of the events in this case. While I believe they miss a few details, I still think the overall legal viewpoints are worthwhile.

Because if a divorce case is dismissed, as this was, why would it be considered by LE? A court had never made a judgement on those filed documents to even ascertain their validity IMO.
Follow the link to that video above. The def Atty states those statements included in the petition are likely part of a declaration that must be made under penalty of perjury. Listen about 15:45 min in.

with that said, I don’t know if they’d look at the case or not.

I really felt like I read something about it early on but I looked intently the other day and could not find it. I’ve wondered if @echoecho222 knew anything about the Jeep specifics.

Can someone tell me what kind of Jeep that was? Wrangler, Rubicon, Renegade, Patriot, Liberty, etc? Color? Please. It's important.

Edit: Also color.

Tried to find more information for you, and found this photo on twitter from Justin Lum Fox 10 of Brandon Boudreaux's divorce/custody? paper work describing the drive by shooting incident. There is no description of the vehicle at all.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

"Due to the severity of this incident and the current investigation into the attempted murder of Father, Father has been instructed by the investigating law enforcement agencies that he is not to reveal the name of the individual(s) who are currently viewed as suspects or to reveal any information as to the specific details relating to the evidence gathered thus far in the investigation."

But from all the other reporting I read, it was a Jeep registered to Charles Vallow. The Gray Hughes You tube I listened to referred to it as "Tylee's Jeep"

*IF* they saw and read them (not something I would think would be normal to do) then just knowing the kinds of accusations being thrown about would be valuable information. Assuming they were true without further evidence would be where a mistake could be made, not considering the possibility. However, I would think a dismissed filing for divorce would neccesarily attract that much attention if they saw it listed. Of course I'm not even LE, let alone a detective, so maybe I'm wrong. MOO

Follow the link to that video above. The def Atty states those statements included in the petition are likely part of a declaration that must be made under penalty of perjury. Listen about 15:45 min in.

with that said, I don’t know if they’d look at the case or not.
I understand that the statements are made under penalty of perjury but the case did not go forward and the writer is now dead. He was making a statement about who to blame in the event of his death. We know that AC admitted killing him so that is true. Was it premeditated, accident, self defence. LE determined it was self defence at the time. Could they change that determination? Yes but the shooter is dead and cannot now be prosecuted. The only other known witness/participant is LV and possibly two children who may have witnessed the argument and or the shooting, or heard it. That's where we are now. The only other additional possibility is that I recall there being a recording that CV made of LV threatening his life and wonder if that is still available and whether any of that would make a difference to any decision to prosecute LV in the future. The main focus seems to be finding the kids rather than pursuing the adults. MOO.

But what about the order to have Lori committed for a psych evaluation? would that have been readily visible to LE, even though it expired?

*IF* they saw and read them (not something I would think would be normal to do) then just knowing the kinds of accusations being thrown about would be valuable information. Assuming they were true without further evidence would be where a mistake could be made, not considering the possibility. However, I would think a dismissed filing for divorce would neccesarily attract that much attention if they saw it listed. Of course I'm not even LE, let alone a detective, so maybe I'm wrong. MOO

right. And they knew it was a high-conflict domestic violence situation, so a prior divorce filing is sort of par for the course...the request for a 72hour psych hold, though...just part of that kind of DV situation too?

Yes, the papers were filed in court, links have already been provided but here it is again.

Family Court Case Information - Case History
The documents shown can be requested, usually just a cost per page. LE probably has those fees waived.
This article explains a little more about her evading the 72 hour hold:
Lawyers: Charles Vallow predicted who would be responsible for his death
"The divorce papers also show Charles tried to get Lori mental health care help. Lori refused his requests to see a doctor, court documents said. She didn’t want doctors to discover she was a translated being. Charles then went on to petition Community Bridges Healthcare for a 72-hour hold and evaluation of Lori. He set up a time for her to arrive at the care center, but Lori never showed up.

“Community Bridges then informed (Charles) that based on the information he provided them, they would be issuing a 72 hour involuntary hold petition to Gilbert Police instructing the police department to take (Lori) into custody and transport her to Community Bridges if she made any contact with the police,” the document stated.
It appears Lori never did contact police and was never taken to Community Bridges.
The court documents make clear that it was not just his own safety Charles feared was at stake. Charles requested his request for temporary custody be accelerated through the court.
“Father is greatly concerned for Mother’s well-being and the minor child’s best interests. Father is worried that the child will be affected by Mother’s mental instability if Mother continues to go without seeking professional help.”
So all of the information they needed was available. They just didn't do the work. Moo
I have wondered why Community Bridges did not contact Chandler PD (where CV/Lori's) house was and instead Gilbert PD where Alex lived?

I still say that if this was a situation involving me and my estranged husband, and during a pickup/exchange of our child was occurring my family member shot and killed him... Repeated interrogation and investigation of me and my brother would last long enough that I would have no desire to throw a pool party. Also, the facts of why we were estranged and any divorce proceedings (ongoing or not) would have been discovered.

I guess I am now repeating myself. But, obviously I'm sincere in my thoughts.

Useless, I suppose.

I understand that the statements are made under penalty of perjury but the case did not go forward and the writer is now dead. He was making a statement about who to blame in the event of his death. We know that AC admitted killing him so that is true. Was it premeditated, accident, self defence. LE determined it was self defence at the time. Could they change that determination? Yes but the shooter is dead and cannot now be prosecuted. The only other known witness/participant is LV and possibly two children who may have witnessed the argument and or the shooting, or heard it. That's where we are now. The only other additional possibility is that I recall there being a recording that CV made of LV threatening his life and wonder if that is still available and whether any of that would make a difference to any decision to prosecute LV in the future. The main focus seems to be finding the kids rather than pursuing the adults. MOO.
No mention of that recording in msm that I have heard. Can you link?

I still say that if this was a situation involving me and my estranged husband, and during a pickup/exchange of our child was occurring my family member shot and killed him... Repeated interrogation and investigation of me and my brother would last long enough that I would have no desire to throw a pool party. Also, the facts of why we were estranged and any divorce proceedings (ongoing or not) would have been discovered.

I guess I am now repeating myself. But, obviously I'm sincere in my thoughts.

Useless, I suppose.
I agree... I would expect a long draining day, followed by a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆