The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this below is an example of why the British press favour Kate over Megan. There are traditions and responsibilities she should be adhering to but Megan just doesn't play ball.
Meghan ‘WON'T pose with baby on hospital steps’ as she’s a feminist
But Diana created that tradition, while breaking the old tradition. It’s not that big a deal. You don’t see pictures of Elizabeth or her mother on the actual day of the births of their children (at least not that I can find).

Meghan and Harry's child wasn't going to be a top heir to the throne, his parents decided not to use a title for him, even though there was one available that he was legitimately entitled to use.

QE did not offer to give Archie the title of Prince, iirc, he could be an Earl though. Moo

Maybe MM got caught up in the royal trappings, the splendor of it all, expecting the world would fall madly in love with her, praising her endlessly for doing nothing but marrying well. When she found out she couldn’t call the shots, she no longer wished to be a part of it.
Kate is beautiful, MM has to be jealous, imo. Not only of her beauty but her poise, popularity & status. Moo

I don't see why she would be jealous of Kate's status, I can't imagine she would want Kate's position if she can't handle the role she already has. Personally I don't think Kate is prettier than Meghan but none of this matters. I don't get why they have to be matched against each other.

Last edited:
Of course it doesn't cover *every* headline, and yes, most of the Royals have had some negative press in the mix, and some of it imho has gone way too far.

But look how these examples have been selected? Kate has an avocado and this is wonderful. Meghan has an avocado and she's taking water from the mouths of babies living in drought regions. Kate has lily of the valley in her bouquet and it's such a beautiful flower! Meghan has lily of the valley in her bouquet and she's trying to murder Princess Charlotte with it.

I think the selection is perfect, in a very disturbing way.
Kate keeps a business manager, lawyer and agent available throughout her marriage, ready for the day she feels neglected and walks out, so she can capitalize on it. No, wait a minute, that's MM.

Kate (mother of 3)is interviewed in a poverty stricken area of the world and seizes the opportunity to complain about how hard her
life is. No, wait a minute, that was MM.

Kate appears in public with her husband and every time hangs onto him with both hands throughout the appearance. No again, that was MM the strong Independent feminist.

Kate flew to NYC for a £500k baby shower, by Clooney private jet, same days as posting on IG to always consider the poor. No, just kidding, that was MM.

I could go on.

Of course it doesn't cover *every* headline, and yes, most of the Royals have had some negative press in the mix, and some of it imho has gone way too far.

But look how these examples have been selected? Kate has an avocado and this is wonderful. Meghan has an avocado and she's taking water from the mouths of babies living in drought regions. Kate has lily of the valley in her bouquet and it's such a beautiful flower! Meghan has lily of the valley in her bouquet and she's trying to murder Princess Charlotte with it.

I think the selection is perfect, in a very disturbing way.
Kate keeps a business manager, lawyer and agent available throughout her marriage, ready for the day she feels neglected and walks out, so she can capitalize on it. No, wait a minute, that's MM.

Kate (mother of 3)is interviewed in a poverty stricken area of the world and seizes the opportunity to complain about how hard her
life is. No, wait a minute, that was MM.

Kate appears in public with her husband and every time hangs onto him with both hands throughout the appearance. No again, that was MM the strong Independent feminist.

Kate flew to NYC for a £500k baby shower, by Clooney private jet, same day as posting on IG to always consider the poor. No, just kidding, that was MM.

I could go on.

I think its Tiara Time! missing those tiara posts

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/02/12/italian-royal-tiaras/#1

( Former Monarchy) Italian Royal Tiaras

124.png

Center photo is Marina, Princess of Naples wearing Queen Margherita's (House of Savoy) Musy Tiara

Left top , in a wedding gown, next to the Princess of Naples, is the Clotilde, Princess of Venice on her wedding day (2003) wearing the Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara

I don't see why she would be jealous of Kate's status, I can't imagine she would want Kate's postition if she can't handle the role she already has. Personally I don't think Kate is prettier than Meghan but none of this matters. I don't get why they have to be matched against each other.
Neither do I. Not all women are cursed with feelings of jealousy. I have no reason to suspect MM harbors any jealousy.

I think its Tiara Time! missing those tiara posts

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/02/12/italian-royal-tiaras/#1

( Former Monarchy) Italian Royal Tiaras

124.png

Center photo is Marina, Princess of Naples wearing Queen Margherita's (House of Savoy) Musy Tiara

Left top , in a wedding gown, next to the Princess of Naples, is the Clotilde, Princess of Venice on her wedding day (2003) wearing the Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara
See - herein lies the problem with Tiaras

You don’t just need one , you need a Tiara Wardrobe

And you need to update your look with a new one every few years

Last edited:
But Diana created that tradition, while breaking the old tradition. It’s not that big a deal. You don’t see pictures of Elizabeth or her mother on the actual day of the births of their children (at least not that I can find).
You won't find any of me either! Which is the point, IMO. Far more realistic and relatable to stay in your jim jams and avoid the paps

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/13/before-meghan-markle-how-royal-wives-were-ridiculed-in-the-press/

Remember all the news media abuse Sarah Ferguson endured because of her weight? They labeled her the "Duchess of Pork"?

Remember they called Kate "Waity Katie" and criticized her mother, accusing her of being a social climber?

Her mother Carole Middleton was branded a scheming social climber who had engineered her daughter’s relationship with William. Rumors abounded that William’s friends would whisper “doors to manual” when Kate entered a room, a snobbish reference to Kate’s parents being flight attendants before establishing a multi-million-pound party supply business.

Kate was even criticized for chewing gum during William’s passing-out parade from Sandhurst in 2006.

I don't see why she would be jealous of Kate's status, I can't imagine she would want Kate's position if she can't handle the role she already has. Personally I don't think Kate is prettier than Meghan but none of this matters. I don't get why they have to be matched against each other.

They don’t & shouldn't be compared, imo. As far as beauty, that is an opinion. You prefer MM, I Kate. I find nothing attractive about MM, I guess because I think she does a lot of “ugly” things, I find her an “ugly” person. Moo

QE did not offer to give Archie the title of Prince, iirc, he could be an Earl though. Moo

The title of Earl, the one which he was fully entitled to, is the one I was referring to. The title of Prince isn't supposed to go down as far as the great-grandson of the monarch, so Archie wouldn't be entitled to that one. But Harry and Meghan didn't want him to be known by any title....same as Princess Anne's children didn't have a title, but there weren't titles like Earl available for them to which they would have been automatically entitled to use.

All I meant was that not only was Archie further down the hierarchy of those in line to the throne, his parents also chose to not give him any title. I just think these are more reasons why their decision to not do the hospital steps after the birth isn't really such an awful or disrespectful decision? Maybe Diana thought it would be a nice thing to do for the public when she gave birth to her children, who were closer to the succession of the throne? But was it really necessary for Meghan to do the same thing for Archie?

I was looking at photos of the Nadya Sulemen octuplets and I realized something - that's who Meghan Markle looks like! I had thought MM looked like somebody...Meghan looks like Octomom.

Someone obviously thought the same. She looks like Octomom before she had eleventy billion kids and a couple of facelifts!!

upload_2020-1-13_22-9-38.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member