Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Clinton Police Department

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020

RE: Harley Dilly Press Conference

The Port Clinton Police Department will be holding a press conference today, January 14th, 2020 at 12:00 (Noon) regarding an update on the Harley Dilly investigation.

Chief Robert J. Hickman

I may have to catch the replay as I think Ohio is ahead of me in time and I tend to sleep a little late, but I WILL see it. The one good thing abt watching it after it's already done, all the technical issues are taken care of :)

It's been some time since I've seen the use of a body bag when recovering remains from a crime scene. Most recently, we've seen the use of rectangle stainless steel looking crates -- reminds me of those truck bed large toolboxes. I recall KY medical examiner used one to take Savanna Spurlock to the morgue. Also saw the two teen Canadian murderers McCloud and Schmegelsky collected in the same type of crate.
I'm sure they're an advancement used to preserve evidence. MOO

This is new to me, hearing about these crates, etc. Thanks for the information.

Sorry, I haven't been here in a LONG time, but we're not allowed to reference anything from family SM, right? Even if we don't directly post it?

Correct.

Here’s the post from our moderator just a few minutes ago:

STOP posting info from family social media. It is a violation of Websleuths TOS.

Have some patience and wait for MSM or LE to update.

We had a case here in the UK several years back where a missing girls body had been in the family loft the whole time... Dogs didn't alert the first time through the house then either.

Edit: I understand this isn't the Dilly home being investigated, but I find it unlikely they didn't check empty properties in the vacinity.

It's been some time since I've seen the use of a body bag when recovering remains from a crime scene. Most recently, we've seen the use of rectangle stainless steel looking crates -- reminds me of those truck bed large toolboxes. I recall KY medical examiner used one to take Savanna Spurlock to the morgue. Also saw the two teen Canadian murderers McCloud and Schmegelsky collected in the same type of crate.
I'm sure they're an advancement used to preserve evidence. MOO

My county still uses body bags, I still have freakin nightmares from time to time. Didn't think I would EVER have that experience and then, there was a day we realized we hadn't seen my grouchy neighbor lady in a few days, after the Sheriff made entrance into her house, and found out what was going on, our Death Examiner showed up and.....yeah, I experienced it.

HARLEY DILLY: Police have been searching this vacant home across the street from the Dilly’s house since last night.

BCI was here as well as a white van that appeared to be a coroner’s van. Police still have not confirmed why they searched the home. @WTOL11Toledo

Michelle Backus on Twitter

Attachments

• CFA35EB1-CD6F-4E5A-AE89-CD086D9ABF11.jpeg
    CFA35EB1-CD6F-4E5A-AE89-CD086D9ABF11.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 144
  • EA69F526-A911-4F84-984E-AEFC397FCA25.jpeg
    EA69F526-A911-4F84-984E-AEFC397FCA25.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 135
Early Tuesday, Police Chief Robert Hickman was seen walking out of the family's home.

Shortly after he walked out of the home, all the police vehicles left the scene.

It's unclear if investigators found anything inside the unoccupied house.

On Monday night, police said there was no body and that the 14-year-old was still missing.

Police chief announces press conference in Harley Dilly case

This article was updated in the last 1/2 hour but the previous version indicated that a police cruiser was stationed outside the house that had been searched.

Additionally from the above link:

“There is no information from law enforcement that suggests the parents are suspected of any wrongdoing. On more than one occasion, Port Clinton police have stated that Harley's parents have fully cooperated with the investigation and they had no reason to suspect them, including on their most recent Facebook update on the case. We have no information about any lie detector tests being suggested to the family.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong