Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it difficult to believe that FD wanted to have a deadly confrontation in the garage. I believe he wanted to kidnap JD and take her elsewhere. To help with his random abduction plan. He would not have had a mess to clean up nor spend more time there in JD's home. But JD proved to be more resourceful than he had planned. IMO.
@pseudo_hum, with you on this as I've always wondered if the original plan was abduction and extortion.

Perhaps the original intent was abduction and extortion with the goal of ending the divorce action and getting a lump sum from GF and things just went quickly south in the garage? It was clear from AW3 that BOTH LA and JFd were concerned about Fd coming into the house as they locked the door and stayed inside during his visit.

Others POV's here though have expanded my original thought beyond kidnapping and now with confirmation from Dr Gill about the blood evidence (we had just guesstimated this info previously), it looks like the violence in the Welles garage in New Canaan was extreme.

MOO

Zero argument with this as IMO your observation is on point.

Actually Fd had a high bail by the 'low bar' standards in CT IMO (Atty. P. was probably right when he said in his interview that he expected and they had prepared for $5 million bond). I do wish States Atty. had pushed bail higher to see where perhaps his 'financial backers' might balk. Ditto for MT! Don't get Judge Blawie reducing MT bail by $500,000 either given that she appears enmeshed in everything that happened in this crime.

I believe the flight risk associated with both Fd and MT is real and I don't understand why that perhaps couldn't have been used as an effective argument to keep both in prison, pending trial. IDK.

KM at $2 million bail was probably more typical for murder charges but my sense is that they wanted him in prison.

Yes, your observation about 'Fudge' is also sadly true IMO as well as discrimination is alive and well in the Nutmeg State.

I believe I was sent to 'band camp' here on WS for suggesting reinstatement of the DP in CT for capital murder. The political environment of the State has changed over the years such that there is not the will to push for reinstatement IMO. Perhaps the gruesome details of the Dulos murder might sway some folks, but I doubt it.

But, I agree with your original point about bail and will write a few letters.

MOO
If the Petit murders did not inspire desire for the Death Penalty, there is no hope.

@pseudo_hum, with you on this as I've always wondered if the original plan was abduction and extortion.

Perhaps the original intent was abduction and extortion with the goal of ending the divorce action and getting a lump sum from GF and things just went quickly south in the garage? It was clear from AW3 that BOTH LA and JFd were concerned about Fd coming into the house as they locked the door and stayed inside during his visit.
MOO
Nah. FD knew that anything like that would finish him off in every way. Sent to jail, no children. Even just an unannounced visit to the home would have finished him off. There was no middle ground. It was all or nothing. MOO.

Chemically Resistant Zip Ties-
..... the reason Fd cut off the zip ties before disposing of her body. Zip ties could be traceable to purchase place.
Chemical Resistant Zip Ties
I suspect we are going to see a lot of evidence tying Dulos, et al, to purchases committed to facilitate this murder and its clean-up. Even items not specifically purchased, but nonetheless used during this crime, will have been investigated. LE may even have some purchase point videos or actual witness testimony regarding those purchases. People would be very surprised to learn how many common products can be traced via purchase point.

A murder prosecution being currently prosecuted out of in Yulee, FL, has traced the killer purchasing an electric carving knife. There is no body in that case, either, and you can guess why, but North Florida justice is a bit different from CT, and the State is going full bore. Its theory is obvious dismemberment, followed by a garbage dump into a dumpster. Despite no body, the State has a rock solid case because of its meticulous use of forensic evidence, including DNA found on the dumpster.

I was speaking with my son about this case and he says there is a very well known rap song about killing a person, dismembering them, and throwing the victim away like garbage. Dulos was by no means unique in his planning. In fact, I can think of 3 cases in one city in a matter of months with no body due to a garbage dump, and those cases have either resulted in convictions, pleas, or successful murder prosecutions So lack of a body is not going to get Dulos acquitted.

Obviously, disposing of Jennifer's body was thought of in advance by Dulos. IMO he did so (again, obviously) to hinder prosecution. The reason I have believed he dismembered her at 80 MS is because I do not see much opportunity to dispose of her body between New Canaan and Farmington. Couple that lack of opportunity with cut garments and cut zip ties used on her, as well as that garbage run, and it seems like a reasonable hypothesis. While what Dulos did to Jennifer post-mortem is of interest, it is NOT significant to the question of whether he brutally murdered his wife in her own garage. He did, and the evidence of his guilt is overwhelming.

Nah. FD knew that anything like that would finish him off in every way. Sent to jail, no children. Even just an unannounced visit to the home would have finished him off. There was no middle ground. It was all or nothing. MOO.
Agreed, I believe his plan included her life, but I do not believe he intended it to end where it did. MOO

It's evil, but I doubt think it's complicated. IMO he intended to breach her home security, overpower and remove her. Only one car in, one car out. He'd be missing from 4JC for a few hours but with his moronic master alibi-plan, it'd look like he was home the whole time. Even KM was conveniently alibi-ed for the early morning time frame. The Suburban would be found at the park, or any luck at all, stolen and relocated. No one would know where JF had gone or why. FD would sweep in, gather up his little piggy banks. How FD must have hated dealing with JF's father, but surely he figured he could manipulate JF's mother. A woman, after all. He'd use his children, play to her emotions, capitalize on them. Gravy train. Steady "income"....

JF lost her life but she made absolute sure he couldn't get away with this.

Hero.

JMO

Others POV's here though have expanded my original thought beyond kidnapping and now with confirmation from Dr Gill about the blood evidence (we had just guesstimated this info previously), it looks like the violence in the Welles garage in New Canaan was extreme.

MOO
Looks to me like LE agrees w/ you to some degree. They clearly stated the reason for zip ties was to restrain a 'live person'.
I'd like to hear more about their theory because
doubled up zip ties have been used in other murders for simple strangulation. Then the perp also stabbed the victim as they were suffocating.
I think when all info comes out, we will see that
Fd (and KM) studied other murder cases and
borrowed techniques of hiding evidence.
I also believe their studies took months of prep.
Long pre-meditated.

If the Petit murders did not inspire desire for the Death Penalty, there is no hope.

Right?? We were on our way, driving to Connecticut to live, when this crime happened and I heard it on the radio. I thought "Where am I moving too?" I stay out of politics in my posts but even Governor Rell said at the time the Petit murders deserved the death penalty and they still did away with it. Funny how things have changed in the state who historically had one of the only individuals sentenced to death not once, but twice.

Looks to me like LE agrees w/ you to some degree. They clearly stated the reason for zip ties was to restrain a 'live person'.
doubled up zip ties have been used in other murders for simple strangulation. Then the perp also stabbed the victim as they were suffocating.
Long pre-meditated.
I think for LE that the reason for zip ties is to restrain a live person is a good angle. It enhances the charges. It's conjecture though. IMO. If he managed to get her zip tied before blood being spilled, I don't see any reason for stabbing/bludgeoning. I know it's been done in other cases, I just can't imagine FD wanted blood evidence of any kind. MOO.

Isn’t that the truth! I often still think about the horror, the fear, and the unimaginable pain that family suffered.
It’s almost an unbelievable scenario that took place there, like something you’d only see at a horror movie, kwim?

I suspect we are going to see a lot of evidence tying Dulos, et al, to purchases committed to facilitate this murder and its clean-up. Even items not specifically purchased, but nonetheless used during this crime, will have been investigated. LE may even have some purchase point videos or actual witness testimony regarding those purchases. People would be very surprised to learn how many common products can be traced via purchase point.

A murder prosecution being currently prosecuted out of in Yulee, FL, has traced the killer purchasing an electric carving knife. There is no body in that case, either, and you can guess why, but North Florida justice is a bit different from CT, and the State is going full bore. Its theory is obvious dismemberment, followed by a garbage dump into a dumpster. Despite no body, the State has a rock solid case because of its meticulous use of forensic evidence, including DNA found on the dumpster.

I was speaking with my son about this case and he says there is a very well known rap song about killing a person, dismembering them, and throwing the victim away like garbage. Dulos was by no means unique in his planning. In fact, I can think of 3 cases in one city in a matter of months with no body due to a garbage dump, and those cases have either resulted in convictions, pleas, or successful murder prosecutions So lack of a body is not going to get Dulos acquitted.

Obviously, disposing of Jennifer's body was thought of in advance by Dulos. IMO he did so (again, obviously) to hinder prosecution. The reason I have believed he dismembered her at 80 MS is because I do not see much opportunity to dispose of her body between New Canaan and Farmington. Couple that lack of opportunity with cut garments and cut zip ties used on her, as well as that garbage run, and it seems like a reasonable hypothesis. While what Dulos did to Jennifer post-mortem is of interest, it is NOT significant to the question of whether he brutally murdered his wife in her own garage. He did, and the evidence of his guilt is overwhelming.

I agree that there will be purchase point evidence tying FD and most likely MT to the physical evidence. Other WS have mentioned Pattis professional reputation in CT and he is known for effectively representing people accused of committing terrible crimes. One such case was Jennifer Valiente the girlfriend of Kyle Navin who never turned on him and only got 8 years for her role in his parents premeditated murders. This case has been mentioned by other sleuthers here. Kyle Navin of course shot both of his parents in cold blood after he heard that they were cutting him out of his will.

This relates to NP and purchase point evidence bc NPs client Jennifer Valiente was seen on Home Depot cameras purchasing items that were used to clean the evidence of the Navins murders. She also discussed the murders with him prior to their being committed (texts). To repeat she never flipped on Kyle Navin and still only got 8 years after pleading guilty of conspiracy to commit murder—two victims. One of NPs many “victories”.
Valiante gets 8 years for helping Navin kill his parents

MT might never flip.

::::::::high five:::::::

It's evil, but I doubt think it's complicated. IMO he intended to breach her home security, overpower and remove her. Only one car in, one car out. He'd be missing from 4JC for a few hours but with his moronic master alibi-plan, it'd look like he was home the whole time. Even KM was conveniently alibi-ed for the early morning time frame. The Suburban would be found at the park, or any luck at all, stolen and relocated. No one would know where JF had gone or why. FD would sweep in, gather up his little piggy banks. How FD must have hated dealing with JF's father, but surely he figured he could manipulate JF's mother. A woman, after all. He'd use his children, play to her emotions, capitalize on them. Gravy train. Steady "income"....

Hero.

JMO

Hero.

JMO
Amen to that.

I think for LE that the reason for zip ties is to restrain a live person is a good angle. It enhances the charges. It's conjecture though. IMO. If he managed to get her zip tied before blood being spilled, I don't see any reason for stabbing/bludgeoning. I know it's been done in other cases, I just can't imagine FD wanted blood evidence of any kind. MOO.
Me neither. Not to mention the difficulty of
restraining a person enough to zip tie unless
you threaded the loop before hand.
I believe he incapacitated her first then zip tied for convenience. Of course he was much, much stronger than she was- especially since she looked gaunt and fragile in her last months.
To me she did look sickly, but stress, anxiety fatigue
and overexertion can make a person sick. She was living under extreme conditions- knowing her husband had a mistress, no longer loved her or his family and was robbing her and her family blind. Extreme conditions with no end in sight.

Isn’t that the truth! I often still think about the horror, the fear, and the unimaginable pain that family suffered.
It’s almost an unbelievable scenario that took place there, like something you’d only see at a horror movie, kwim?
That is a case(Petit case) where there is ZERO doubt about who committed those crimes. IF CT DID have the DP, or any state where these are the circumstances, ZERO DOUBT, why unlimited appeals? Why do I have to pay taxes to enable these[REDACTED]to even breathe? One of the problems, IMO, is that most people do not understand the torture that is inflicted on victims. Oh, she is dead. They only see the headline and a generic, thoughtless article. I guess it is better to keep their heads in the sand and think it could never happen to them. MOO.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s true. Dang, now I’m back to square one!

That is a case where there is ZERO doubt about who committed those crimes. IF CT DID have the DP, or any state where these are the circumstances, ZERO DOUBT, why unlimited appeals? Why do I have to pay taxes to enable these[REDACTED]to even breathe? One of the problems, IMO, is that most people do not understand the torture that is inflicted on victims. Oh, she is dead. They only see the headline and a generic, thoughtless article. I guess it is better to keep their heads in the sand and think it could never happen to them. MOO.
You are so right.

Right?? We were on our way, driving to Connecticut to live, when this crime happened and I heard it on the radio. I thought "Where am I moving too?" I stay out of politics in my posts but even Governor Rell said at the time the Petit murders deserved the death penalty and they still did away with it. Funny how things have changed in the state who historically had one of the only individuals sentenced to death not once, but twice.
Yes, the evolution of party politics in CT has been profound over the past 20 years and certainly since the presence of Gov Rell. I mean this to be a factually based post to explain to folks not from CT what has happened over the past 20 years as the party in power changed in CT. This is NOT a political post making judgments!

I think many here on WS have tried to understand why change never seems to happen in CT. I'm sure there are many answers to this but at a very basic level I would posit that one party rule in Hartford has to have had an impact on the direction of CT over the past 20 years. IDK, political scientists have debated the 'CT Dilemma' in terms of the stats for many years and many theories exist as to why the CT slide and population exodus happened. Just wanted to put the issue here as there have been many calls for change and reform here on WS but the history of change in CT is limited.

I do have to say though that the recent possibility of a proposed bill in the Judiciary Committee regarding DV is encouraging. I balance this feeling of optimism on DV legislation with absolute disgust that First Selectman Moynihan and Chief K in New Canaan, CT have done zero to move quickly on the Waveny Park security situation with the installation of cameras. New Canaan To Install Security Cameras At Waveny Park Watching the football be tossed on the Waveny Camera situation and the comments from some of the Selectman was painful, particularly when you see so many other large scale and very expensive projects happening in Town. Priorities....

Interestingly enough, I believe New Canaan is one of the last towns in the State that consistently votes Republican and has largely Republican town officers. But I think in the last presidential election that the tide turned such that I'm not sure that the Republican dominance will be in evidence in future elections. Here are some NC info: 2019 New Canaan Election Results: Kevin Moynihan Wins Re-Election

Hartford is dominated by party politics and has been for many years and power is presently concentrated firmly in the hands of the Democrats. IMO this concentration of political power and agenda is reflected in the financial situation of CT and the economy which has continued to slide as neighbouring states bounced back. NY State too is going through some rough times both in terms of the real estate markets and economy too, so economic issues aren't just a CT issue, but CT has had zero economic growth for many many years and companies have been leaving in droves to find less hostile business environments too. But the CT slide on the way to possible bankruptcy at some point has been rough on the citizens of the state who are punished by some of the highest taxes in the country and with falling home prices. I do wish I could say that the issues we have seen in the CT Judiciary relate to lack of funding but I'm not sure anyone has presented a compelling argument that this might be the case. My suspicion is that what we have seen and what Fd has been allowed to get away with reflects lack of leadership at every level in the Judiciary and this is painful to say but I don't know how else to explain what we have now seen in Family Court, Civil Court and Criminal Court.

@thekirbyfamily, be glad you got out of the Nutmeg State and enjoy your new environment!

MOO

Curious question. Hate to say it but others here have explained that it is hard to kill someone. Blunt force might have been needed to even get to the point where using zip ties was possible. Sharp instrument could have been used to ultimately kill.

Hate thinking of this happening as its sickening and disturbing but my guess is that this scenario might be close to what we will ultimately see play out once LE release more details at trial eventually.

MOO

Long pre-meditated.

AND, LE has never given any results from the computers they seized. It will be interesting and revealing as this case slowly moves through the court process to see what the FBI and state police have gleaned from the computer searches. I believe that FD/MT were in possession of computers when they were arrested. Hope LE was able to seize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88