Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't know what he died of until the autopsy, but if he climbed down it's likely he died of "positional asphyxia," a condition in which the contortion of your body prevents the normal in-and-out motions of your diaphragm.

In other words: if you don't get out of that position, you're going to die from lack of oxygen. And, in a chimney, there's not enough room to get out of that position. "positional asphyxia," a condition in which the contortion of your body prevents the normal in-and-out motions of your diaphragm.

And, in a chimney, there's not enough room to get out of that position.

So that means he could've been dead with 15 minutes of climbing in the chimney.
We can certainly hope this was the case.

Because he pushed them out of the 2nd floor flue opening when he was stuck.
View attachment 225851
So that means he'd have to have taken off his coat before he went down the chimney because no way he could have done that while he was already in there. He would have had to drag then coat in after him.

I'm really shaken up by this. I'm roughly the same size as Harley and I can't imagine how absolutely dreadful that chimney must have felt to be in. My arms would have to be up over my head for my shoulders to fit in that span. 9" x 13". Fuuuuuu.
Just for frame of reference, the pan I use to make brownies is 13x9. :(

Y'all, I'm so sick over this. Please note I am 4'11" and 104 pounds, only slightly bigger than Harley. This piece of paper is cut to 9" by 13". I can't imagine. I'm horrified.

4eb2e7b86f6e2e7b230e0932151d2174a48fce4c.jpg

I'm sure you are in excellent physical shape :), but Harley is male and a teen, so more likely to have low body fat with greater lean muscle mass (and his photos seem to confirm that). That would make the piece of paper look larger relative to his body.

RIP, Harley.

Yeah, I think this is a misspeak! Antenna and chimney aren't that close.
I wanna know how he accidentally said antenna, they're honestly assuming.

I do want to say though this whole website wouldnt be here if everything was black and white but what is black and white is Harley didn't slip and fall off an antenna, even if he did he could not fall into that chimney.

True, but that chimney is smack dab in the middle of the peak of the double-story roof. The risk of being seen as Harley first climbs the antennae and then climbs into the chimney seems kind of high compared to finding a fairly privately-located window or lock to break and gain entry.

It was still dark out, so he did the climbing in the dark of night. Sunday rise was more than an hour later.

I'm sure you are in excellent physical shape :), but Harley is male and a teen, so more likely to have low body fat with greater lean muscle mass (and his photos seem to confirm that). That would make the piece of paper look larger relative to his body.

RIP, Harley.

It was a post for comparison, nothing more. I did not post it for comments about my body.

I was only able to see part of it.

I assume an autopsy is being conducted to eliminate the possibility of staging to conceal an event involving others (as would be assumed if manner of death doesn't match being trapped in a chimney)?

It concerns me that the jacket was left hanging on a door after being retrieved by LE. That would indicate heavy investment in the accident presumption.
Staging would have had to include a similar looking person walking that way in video surveillance, no? Seems unlikely. MOO.

In actual content, I think people are reading a lot into what the media has written in their articles as being verbatim from LE, which is not the case. I do not recall "slipped" being used by LE in the presser, nor do I recall there being a ruling as to manner of death. Only the medical examiner can make that ruling; what LE said was that they believed the death to be accidental, and that they had found no indications of foul play as of the presser.

He didn’t mean that literally, like he fell.

He meant that he intentionally entered it, by slipping inside.

ETA: I have to check how it was worded.
Hey mass that article gave 2 scenarios I think le are just guessing.something doesn’t seem right with le. I think ya it’s a accident but I think le are covering their butts because they messed up on not searching. I think he threw his coat and glasses down and tried to go in feet first and got stuck half way down or so .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname