Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am way behind and sorry if this is a redundant question but I have to wonder, if they are not looking at someone else along with MF, why they have not charged her with murder as well.
It might not be that they are not looking at anyone else, but that they need positive evidence of her exact role. I'm sure the prosecution will not be aided to this extent (if they say MF acted alone) by the witness who remembers seeing MF in the passenger seat and only the passenger doors opening and closing and the car driving away seemingly without much pause, or any at all.

I expect MF will be charged with murder whether they find an accomplice or not, but they need to get the degree right and find the evidence that she did it and proof that the witness was correct. I don't think it's sufficient to say we don't know if there was an accomplice so it was MF. Plus, would it have to go to a grand jury first?

MOO

I am way behind and sorry if this is a redundant question but I have to wonder, if they are not looking at someone else along with MF, why they have not charged her with murder as well.
Good question! Yes they r either looking at someone else. Or they r still considering appropriate charges. If she does have a mental disorder may be hard for them to charge her with capital murder and seek the death penalty. Moo

IMO
I think "helping HB with problems about breast feeding" was the story she gave HB in order to get HB to meet with her at the car and here is why I believe that.

Linking the interview with TM below and at 4:15 in that interview is where Tim talks about what MF told him.

We have seen in other cases where there are bits of truth the guilty person will give people and I think we got a little truth about the story she told HB to lure her out to the car that day.

She claimed to TM that her last conversation with HB was around 8:30 am that morning where there was talk about problems breast feeding.

I am betting MF told HB that she had a solution for whatever breast feeding problem was brought up OR maybe it was simply MF telling her she had given birth to her fake baby and wanted HB to come see it.

When TM was talking to her about the last time she spoke with HB I think a little truth slipped out on what the actual discussion was about that lured HB down to the car. Since MF told TM that the discussion was about breast feeding I have to wonder if that was the ruse she used to get HB down to the car to meet with her.

I suspect you may be correct in your reasoning that the breastfeeding issues (or meeting the baby) may have played a role in luring HB to the vehicle. Whatever tacitic(s) she used were important to HB. It saddens me to know that HB got into the vehicle wanting to help, support, or rejoice with (who she thought) her best friend. Totally trusting and loving the woman who took her life (and baby).

The subject and discussion with TM, however, is baffling to me. Why would MF (as a first-time mother) indicate that HB was the one having issues with breastfeeding? It would make more sense (IMO), if MF was the one seeking advice. Assuming HB nursed both of her beautiful babies, she would be the one more experienced in resolving difficulties?

As the events continue to come to light, I am certain we will see many more instances of things that just don't make sense to us. What a twisted lying liar MF is. I'm afraid we may never know the full truth of events. :( May justice be quick and harsh.

Good question! Yes they r either looking at someone else. Or they r still considering appropriate charges. If she does have a mental disorder may be hard for them to charge her with capital murder and seek the death penalty. Moo
I am lifelong Texan and I have to say, I'm very surprised that she hasn't been charged yet. Maybe just getting their ducks in a row because unless she's stark raving mad, certifiably, she would be charged with at least murder. Even if there was an accomplice and she was along for the ride, she still gets charged by Texas law...I wonder if she has had psychological evaluations at this time, and if that is what the hold up is. I honestly doubt, from what I see of her planning abilities, ie. pre-meditation, that she could possibly be certified psychologically unfit to stand trial. It is so frustrating waiting and wondering with so little info...I guess it leads to grasping at straws.

I am lifelong Texan and I have to say, I'm very surprised that she hasn't been charged yet. Maybe just getting their ducks in a row because unless she's stark raving mad, certifiably, she would be charged with at least murder. Even if there was an accomplice and she was along for the ride, she still gets charged by Texas law...I wonder if she has had psychological evaluations at this time, and if that is what the hold up is. I honestly doubt, from what I see of her planning abilities, ie. pre-meditation, that she could possibly be certified psychologically unfit to stand trial. It is so frustrating waiting and wondering with so little info...I guess it leads to grasping at straws.
Agree! And the fact they unsealed the AA makes it even more baffling.

Well, to be picky, we know MF left with a white female who got in the back seat with the baby. We don't know for certain that was Heidi who got in the back seat then (willingly).

Yes, it probably was, but we don't have that confirmation - yet, anyway.
If we’re being really, REALLY picky do we know that car was even MF’s car? Could it have been an entirely innocent, unrelated event?

Oh gosh I just had a thought. She volunteered to investigators she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and not receiving treatment. What if she also google searched how to act mentally incompetent and she’s currently playing the act?

If we’re being really, REALLY picky do we know that car was even MF’s car? Could it have been an entirely innocent, unrelated event?

I get where you are coming from in that the resident didn't come forward sooner after HB's photo and missing case from her apartment complex was all over the news. Why the delay in the reporting from the neighbor?

I can understand why they couldn't id the MF, as she looks so very different from her previous photos if those were showed. Heck, unless I was shown a photo of the mug shot, I would never have thought that those previous photos was MF iykwim.

At first there were plenty of people crawling out of the woodwork claiming that HB was in an abusive relationship and S had done terrible things to her, but she wouldn’t leave.

I could see MF telling one of them that Heidi wanted to escape the abusive relationship and wanted MF and this other person to come get her. Or perhaps she convinced this second person they needed to stage an intervention. That doesn’t seem too far-fetched and would explain how someone else might willingly be in the car that morning.

But it goes sideways from there. Why hasn’t that person come forward? Were they killed? Then why hasn’t someone declared them missing? Are they holding back because they’re guilty? Seems like LE would be on to them by now, and MF would be trying to pin the murder on them.

How often are accomplices able to get away with helping scott free? I suppose if there are cases like that we’d never know.

Oh gosh I just had a thought. She volunteered to investigators she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and not receiving treatment. What if she also google searched how to act mentally incompetent and she’s currently playing the act?
Now, if I were the investigator, the first thing I would do is research what doctor diagnosed her and when. Just like they determined there was no birthing centre, no prenatal appointments & no baby. One can't possibly believe anything that comes out of her mouth without corroboration.

Now, if I were the investigator, the first thing I would do is research what doctor diagnosed her and when. Just like they determined there was no birthing centre, no prenatal appointments & no baby. One can't possibly believe anything that comes out of her mouth without corroboration.
You mean the doctor she likely can’t remember the name of?
Any hoot easy to see where there may still be a lot of investigating left to do before we get to the deserving capital murder charge. Moo

No worries..they might seek verification of diagnosis but Texas will also send he
They will not just take her word for it. I'm thinking this would probably be relevant in psych eval

It might not be that they are not looking at anyone else, but that they need positive evidence of her exact role. I'm sure the prosecution will not be aided to this extent (if they say MF acted alone) by the witness who remembers seeing MF in the passenger seat and only the passenger doors opening and closing and the car driving away seemingly without much pause, or any at all.

I expect MF will be charged with murder whether they find an accomplice or not, but they need to get the degree right and find the evidence that she did it and proof that the witness was correct. I don't think it's sufficient to say we don't know if there was an accomplice so it was MF. Plus, would it have to go to a grand jury first?

MOO
Yes on Grand Jury

The parking lot eyewitness may not even have remembered or realized the significance of what she saw until LE officers caught her at home asked her questions about the missing mother and baby (or until the relevance clicked after hearing more news about the case).

To her, those few seconds she witnessed would likely have looked like nothing more than a woman with a baby being picked up by a friend, and according to the AA she was unable to recall if that was on the 11th or 12th of December.

Anyway, I'm very glad she was able to provide what turned out to be a critical lead and hope the explanation for the delay in reporting it is something as simple as that.

The parking lot eyewitness may not even have remembered or realized the significance of what she saw until LE officers caught her at home asked her questions about the missing mother and baby (or until the relevance clicked after hearing more news about the case).

To her, those few seconds she witnessed would likely have looked like nothing more than a woman with a baby being picked up by a friend, and according to the AA she was unable to recall if that was on the 11th or 12th of December.

Anyway, I'm very glad she was able to provide what turned out to be a critical lead and hope the explanation for the delay in reporting it is something as simple as that.
I got the impression she lives there and LE knocked on all the apartment doors, no?

Haha. I get you. But:

It was clear it was MF's car.
It was clear it was MF in front passenger's seat who greeted the woman with the baby, but:
it was NOT AT ALL clear who was with the baby who went into the back seat. Just leaving that FACT open, because after following far too many murders, there are too many twists left open to assumption! :)

I read this previously. Quite interesting. Did the FBI actually interview MF or are they using “one size fits all” diagnosis? I feel her need for a baby was prompted by CG’s split with her, not an overwhelming desire to have a baby. Obviously we don’t know if she can conceive, she could be barren.
Remember how it was said MF quietly left the room after baby M was born? If true, I think that signified something. Not sure just what.....was she sad that “their” dual pregnancies had ended, distraught that her time was up-knowing she had to “deliver” soon too? Moo

Perhaps her plan was to kidnap at the hospital at some point. It was too difficult and MF went to plan B.

I get where you are coming from in that the resident didn't come forward sooner after HB's photo and missing case from her apartment complex was all over the news. Why the delay in the reporting from the neighbor?

I can understand why they couldn't id the MF, as she looks so very different from her previous photos if those were showed. Heck, unless I was shown a photo of the mug shot, I would never have thought that those previous photos was MF iykwim.

IIRC the day before they found Heidi and Margo in Houston, there were articles and news reports out about FBI/LE knocking on every single door, sometimes multiple times. Some of the residents didn't even know Heidi and Margo were missing and it had been 6 days! I am a bit of a news junkie, and I think I sometimes forget that others are not like me, don't watch the news daily, don't read news stories online all day, every day lol

I think the same goes for CG too... I know I have read posts questioning how he didn't know, didn't hear about it, etc. I looked on one of the news sites one day to see if they had a video about Heidi and Margo before they were found in Houston, they didn't, or they didn't upload it if they did. And I'm going to assume that MF didn't tell him because ... well.. that would be too obvious!

I would like to know if the witness that saw MF that day was more confident about who she was after seeing a more recent photo on the news.

JMO

This is a very complex case with potential for an accomplice--there
is no rush to file murder charges-- i like that tbey are taking their time--
there is a great need to get this right and put MF away for life, or seek
the death penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online