WA WA - Kirkland, Hisp/Unsfem 30-60, UP61645, med bracelet w/“DOE, JO” admitted Jan 10, 2019, Jan'19

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
The body of an adult mixed race female was found in the 700 block of 1st Street, Kirkland. She appears to be 30-60 years old with a height of 5'5" and weight of 149 pounds. She has an old caesarean section scar. At the time of death, she was wearing an unnamed medical facility bracelet bearing the name "DOE, JO", with an admission date of January 10, 2019. She died from hypothermia and was presumed to be homeless.

unidentified-case-19-0101.ashx

Unidentified remains - King County

Do you recognize this woman found dead in Kirkland?

Wonder if there were any piercings... the nose reminds me a lot of Danica Childs (went missing in the SeaTac area in 2007, believed to be a victim of trafficking). Wouldn't have had a cesarean scar when she disappeared (to my knowledge) but that doesn't mean she couldn't have had a child at some point in the last decade... probably too young anyway but she was the first thought I had looking at the picture.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I am thinking her first name is Jo or something similar to that, otherwise wouldn't she be listed as Jane Doe?

Good catch. I also wonder if they checked with nearby hospitals. Even if the hospital didn't know her name, they might have other information about her that could help someone identify her.

Also, I think the sketch is difficult because to me, the sketch looks like a 14 year old girl. The woman is supposedly 30 to 60, though.

It also could be short for the hospital she was in or short for where she was found???

Good catch. I also wonder if they checked with nearby hospitals. Even if the hospital didn't know her name, they might have other information about her that could help someone identify her.

Also, I think the sketch is difficult because to me, the sketch looks like a 14 year old girl. The woman is supposedly 30 to 60, though.

Thank you, I thought of that one also, seriously though, how far could this lady get within 2 days? They said the ID bracelet didn't have a hospital name that was ledgible, how many hospitals we're in the area near where she was located? Did they go to those hospitals to see if they knew anything about this lady?

Sometimes if a hospital has more than one identified patient admitted they will use different first names (Jane, Jo, Jill, June, Joe, Jack, Jim).

Thank you, I thought of that one also, seriously though, how far could this lady get within 2 days? They said the ID bracelet didn't have a hospital name that was ledgible, how many hospitals we're in the area near where she was located? Did they go to those hospitals to see if they knew anything about this lady?
Kirkland is right outside of Seattle, and even with traffic you can get there from pretty much any place along I5 in the state in under 4hrs. There are a ton of hospitals and inpatient clinics in the region.

The location where she was found is about 3.7 miles from Evergreen Hospital. I would hope that police checked with Evergreen to see if they knew her. :(

Thank you, I was just figuring that if she was homeless she would be walking, she may not have money for a cab and although she may have hitchhiked I have a feeling that she wouldn't have been. If she was homeless she may have had I certain place she stayed/slept that people from that area may recognize her if they were shown a pic of her...something to think about.

Kirkland is right outside of Seattle, and even with traffic you can get there from pretty much any place along I5 in the state in under 4hrs. There are a ton of hospitals and inpatient clinics in the region.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

#UP61645
Date Body Found January 12, 2019
ME/C Case Number 19-00101

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino, Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range 30-60
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight 149 lbs, Measured

Location Kirkland, Washington
County King County

Circumstances of Recovery The unidentified woman, believed to have been homeless, was found Jan. 12 in the 700 block of First Street. The woman is described as likely mixed race and was 30 to 60 years old, 5-feet-5 and 149 pounds. She was wearing a bracelet from an unnamed medical facility bearing the name “DOE, JO” with an admit date of Jan. 10, 2019.

Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description 13" in length; extensive lice infestation
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

Scar/mark Scar on abdomen - 8" horizontal across anterior pelvis

Clothing and Accessories

Accessories
Red backpack (filled with garbage and rotting food)
Near the Body

Clothing
Beige/grey long sleeved sweater
On the Body

Clothing
Blue disposable hospital pants (soiled)
Near the Body

Clothing
Grey and green socks
On the Body

Jewelry
Hospital bracelet with the name "Doe, Jo" with an admit date of 01/10/2019
On the Body

What seems strange to me is that she was admitted to the hospital on 1/10/2019 and her body is found a mere 2 days later, this woman has terrible hygiene and had serious head lice, the hospital had to know about this and did nothing about it and in fact nothing for her. Very sad!

Another thing that irks me is that this woman was a Jane Doe or as they are calling her, Doe Jo, the hospital releases her without her having a clue as to who she is, this is so negligent of them. Just one more thing to add, with the situation the lady was living in and struggling with mental illness, is it possible that she may have had a record for maybe loitering or vagrancy or something along those lines? Did they take her fingerprints? The

Another thing that irks me is that this woman was a Jane Doe or as they are calling her, Doe Jo, the hospital releases her without her having a clue as to who she is, this is so negligent of them. Just one more thing to add, with the situation the lady was living in and struggling with mental illness, is it possible that she may have had a record for maybe loitering or vagrancy or something along those lines? Did they take her fingerprints? The

[bbm]

you don't know she was released
she could've walked out

That might be true..still, she was admitted to the hospital with terrible head lice for one, did they even bother to treat that? It certainly doesn't seem so, she was a Jane Doe when she was admitted to the hospital verified by her hospital bracelet, were the police called? The woman had rotting food, garbage, other various crap in a backpack, did have it with her when she was admitted? If the woman just walked out of the hospital, how far could she have traveled on foot? If she was on foot, she couldn't have gotten far, what hospitals were near where her body was found? Just questions to ask myself.

[bbm]

you don't know she was released
she could've walked out

That might be true..still, she was admitted to the hospital with terrible head lice for one, did they even bother to treat that? It certainly doesn't seem so, she was a Jane Doe when she was admitted to the hospital verified by her hospital bracelet, were the police called? The woman had rotting food, garbage, other various crap in a backpack, did have it with her when she was admitted? If the woman just walked out of the hospital, how far could she have traveled on foot? If she was on foot, she couldn't have gotten far, what hospitals were near where her body was found? Just questions to ask myself.

If she was determined not to be a suicide risk or else homicidal no matter how many lice she had, how much garbage she was carrying with her etc it's still her right as an adult human to refuse treatment, and to leave a hospital against medical advice.

Possible, what brought her to the hospital? Was she a walk in? Was she brought in an ambulance? Just what? Did friend or family member drop her off? To me they are important details.

If she was determined not to be a suicide risk or else homicidal no matter how many lice she had, how much garbage she was carrying with her etc it's still her right as an adult human to refuse treatment, and to leave a hospital against medical advice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back