CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND we have no idea of she was hiking in her underwear. We have the same person stating that as well.

Ya know, it’s almost like he’s trying to put her down for some reason.

Claims last he saw her she was holding a beer
Claims last he saw her she was hiking back to the RV in her underwear
AND suggests that because of those two things, she was possibly abducted and taken to Las Vegas. How disparaging. MOO

Whether one wishes to call this a bikini or underwear is only an issue for those here.

Arizona woman missing in California's Mojave Desert

Attachments

• thomas.jpg
    thomas.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 47
Ita.

I think Barbara was experienced enough to not drink while on a long hike from when the arrived in the desert (9:30- 10:00 am ?) to nearly 3:26 when RT called 911 after putting away his camera from photographing the rock formation.
It would be interesting to see the rock formations pics.
That is a lengthy time to stay out in the blistering heat dressed in her underwear.
If she was -- which is doubtful.
A possible embellishment or fabrication.

I realize for the sake of the investigation that LE aren't releasing pics of Barbara taken that that and in that exact spot (if there are any).
But other photos taken would be significant in zeroing in on the spot where he says she became lost.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

How long does it take to put a camera away ?
A few seconds ?

Eta: If she was within sight before he put his camera away and then walked around the corner -- on flat land with no cliffs or crags, no less -- she shouldn't have walked far enough away in the time it took to stick his camera in it's case.
Puzzling.

Lets take a look at the "flat land" everyone surmises BT was on shall we ?

In this photo, I have circled a SAR team member unseen due to the height of the bush. You can review the entire video at the link and watch when he/she emerges. From the SBCSO video.

Attachments

• bt 4.png
    bt 4.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
This is the Attorney General of the state of California.
They are legal and Accurate

Clothing:
Black bra and underwear, black tall socks, tan hiking boots, and a white hat.
Barbara Thomas

That is not a bikini that you go to the beach or swimming pool.

I would not consider this to be accurate.
Her hair is grey if one sincerely wished to be "accurate".

I've read the idea that "maybe Barbara stormed off" here so many times, and it always bothers me...what reason is there to think that she would get so irrationally angry that she would act against her own self-interest and blindly charge into the desert, only to get lost and die?

I don't believe she was angry.
In fact I don't believe at the time they were close together.
RT was taking a photo.
I surmise BT was looking for various rocks/wood etc.

I suspect they were each doing "their own thing" and had moved some distance apart.

Why hasn’t there been anything turn up that Barbara could have left behind? I know she had the minimum on. Undies, bra, socks, boots, hat. Maybe a beer. What about sunglasses? How come nothing was found to show Barbara was ever there, that she ever was at that trail?

BBM:

My main man William of Occam says that the simplest explanation for no evidence of Barbara ever having been found at that location is that she was never in fact at that location.

So there's that.

JMO.

Attachments

• bt 1.png
    bt 1.png
    754.7 KB · Views: 56
  • bt 2.png
    bt 2.png
    710.5 KB · Views: 56
  • bt 3.png
    bt 3.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 62
  • bt 4.png
    bt 4.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for reposting this, @anneg !
There were comments earlier in the first thread about the searching for her under the rocks....
As far as protocol -- you couldn't force me to stop searching.
It wouldn't matter what anyone said in person or online.
And with the fifth wheel one could drive it to different locations and have a camper there with you .
Just walking and looking for Barbara.

If possible, I'd get people with atv's and ask them to help look.
Starting from where the rock formation is and branching out.
I wouldn't care what anyone said --that would be the least of my worries.

We really don't know what RT stated as this was the VI sisters recollection ?

I believe you will find that ATV's were used during the search.
Since this has not been released to my knowledge I will state MOO.

We really don't know what RT stated as this was the VI sisters recollection ?

I believe you will find that ATV's were used during the search.
Since this has not been released to my knowledge I will state MOO.
You may have missed the reports below. There are probably more, but my computer is acting strangely this morning...

Anyway, I have also linked the media thread for you which you may find helpful. MOO

JUL 16, 2019
Search continues for missing Bullhead City woman
The sheriff’s department said that search efforts have included the use of a helicopter, search dogs and personnel on foot and on all-terrain vehicles.

JUL 16, 2019
July 16th - The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69, is continuing in the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
Off-road vehicles are being utilized to allow searchers to cover additional area.

JUL 17, 2019
Search for bikini-clad woman in Mojave Desert expands with off-road vehicles
"Off-road vehicles are being utilized to allow searchers to cover additional area," the sheriff's office said.

JUL 17, 2019
Volunteers and off-road vehicles join hunt for bikini-clad 69-year-old 'abducted' in Mojave Desert | Daily Mail Online
On Tuesday authorities took on the help of off-road vehicles to cover additional area and nearly 20 people were looking for Thomas, including Search and Rescue volunteers, a K9 Unit, Sheriff's Aviation and River Station personnel.

July 18th - The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69, is continuing in the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

UPDATE #7
Friday, July 19th, the search continues this morning for Barbara Thomas. Search and Rescue members are utilizing off road vehicles, K9 units and hikers.

AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

The photos very kindly provided by the members in the media thread, and others with drones show a very different terrain.
Flat trails and terrain, and clearly marked by Cholla cactus growing on either side.
Obviously not in the exact area that RT claimed.
Unless his memory was faulty or old age was a factor ?

Lol, one pile of rock formations can look much like another.

Last edited:
You may have missed the reports below. There are probably more, but my computer is acting strangely this morning...

Anyway, I have also linked the media thread for you which you may find helpful. MOO

Ty PM I simply did not want a post to be removed.

I believe that we will also find that resources yet to be named in MSM have been utilized. MOO

The photos very kindly provided by the member sroad and others with drones show a very different terrain.
Flat trails and terrain, and clearly marked by Cholla cactus growing on either side.
Obviously not in the exact area that RT claimed.
Unless his memory was faulty or old age was a factor ?

Lol, one pile of rock formations can look much like another.

Yet this is from video released by the SBCSO !

What would be the purpose to release video of the search for BT from a completely different area than what was searched ?

Let me link the SBCSO video again.

Last edited:
And more than a few folks thought Paul Miller wasnt in Joshua Tree....
I fall in the camp of believing RT, and that Barb has yet to be found in the vicinity RT identified.

it’s very difficult to see remains outdoors. She will be found eventually

all amateur opinion and speculation

Not only did some not believe he was in Joshua Tree, they did not believe he drove there.
They as well wanted to know why LE had not released surveillance video.
They did not believe another hiker actually saw him when he passed him and exchanged a few words.

Arguments posted in this case were for the most part posted in the Paul Miller forum as well.

Because the SBCSO may not have been told the exact spot where the rock formation was ?
The area they searched was a distance from the rock formation and Kelbaker Rd.
Again with old age comes dementia and/or a faulty memory.
So we need to be considerate of an aging person who may not be as accurate as he would like to be.

They may have been told to search a completely different area than the one they were actually at.
And the one person who came back from the hike from 9:30-10:00 am to nearly 3:26 pm when the 911 call came in has never explained which rock formation.
The VI said he was told she went missing as early at 2pm. That is a long time to be out walking in the blistering heat.
The member in the media thread --and this thread --who shared photos explained that any rock formations were a distance from the flat area that Barbara went missing.

Ty PM I simply did not want a post to be removed.

I believe that we will also find that resources yet to be named in MSM have been utilized. MOO

I have to disagree. With as much digging as our members here have done, someone would almost certainly have become aware of this

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM:

My main man William of Occam says that the simplest explanation for no evidence of Barbara ever having been found at that location is that she was never in fact at that location.

So there's that.

JMO.
More precisely- the simplest explanation is that they haven't looked in the place where the evidence is; obviously I know.

Which could mean she wasn't ever in that area at all, or it could also mean she is just outside the finite spots they did search in that area.

There are more than enough cracks and crevices and Chollas for her to be hidden in/under.

Lots of people get lost in the desert under very similar circumstances (minus the bikini and the beer).

Dogs don't find every corpse and searchers sometimes walk right over bodies.

Lots of people also get murdered by their SO.

Not enough verifiable evidence to tell which is which.

If I were on his jury, he would be acquitted.

Thanks for the link.
RT has repeatedly stated she was kidnapped.
We don't even know what type of hiking boots or if it was a can she was carrying or a drink cooler.
So if someone finds those items they won't even know if it was lost or dropped by Barbara.
Sad that people who care about Barbara are the ones searching for her.
Almost seems like she IS out there, but not in the area of Kelbaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak