Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the day before they found Heidi and Margo in Houston, there were articles and news reports out about FBI/LE knocking on every single door, sometimes multiple times. Some of the residents didn't even know Heidi and Margo were missing and it had been 6 days! I am a bit of a news junkie, and I think I sometimes forget that others are not like me, don't watch the news daily, don't read news stories online all day, every day lol

I think the same goes for CG too... I know I have read posts questioning how he didn't know, didn't hear about it, etc. I looked on one of the news sites one day to see if they had a video about Heidi and Margo before they were found in Houston, they didn't, or they didn't upload it if they did. And I'm going to assume that MF didn't tell him because ... well.. that would be too obvious!

I would like to know if the witness that saw MF that day was more confident about who she was after seeing a more recent photo on the news.

JMO

I guess we shouldn't expect others to know that if you have someone missing you should put flyers on all the doors of where she is missing?

I guess we shouldn't expect others to know that if you have someone missing you should put flyers on all the doors of where she is missing?
The turnover in complexes is so high where I live, no one seems to know their neighbors or what vehicle they drive.
People coming and going 24/7, I’m surprised there is an eyewitness. Moo

Oh, was the witness traveling the same direction, I’ve read both. Moo.
No, I don't think it's been stated which direction she was traveling in anything I've read.

One part of the affidavit (#29) says she saw the female identified as MF in the front seat, but I reckon that could be seen from passing the car (approaching from behind), or from approaching the car from opposite direction, or in a rear view mirror, or turning her head back to look, and I don't know if that is an officer's interpretation of the witness's version stated in #27, where she only saw MF emerging from the front passenger door.

It says the witness turned from the main lane but it doesn't say where she turned to. Could have been turning into a parking space even I suppose.

Something else occurred to me to wonder about - IF she saw there was someone in the driver's seat, is it possible that information has been deliberately withheld from the affidavit because it doesn't relate specifically to MF's arrest?

After reading two recently posted articles on 'maternal desire' and MF's possible psychology, I think it's possible that MF pulled off the abduction of her best friend and baby margo, and murdered HB without assistance (probably why she still had HB's remains in her trunk a week later). MF was on a mission...

RSBM

I think there's a good possibility that MF was experiencing maternal desire psychopathy as well.

She may truly believe that Margo is HER baby and came to view Heidi as an obstacle to be outplayed and eliminated.

That might be part of the 'case complexity' cited by LE. MF obviously knew what she was planning and ultimately did was illegal, thus all the deception. At the same time, her intent may have been to save her own child (in her warped mind).

MOO.

In reading about similar (comparatively rare) crimes, it's interesting, and sometimes frustrating, how differently the criminal justice system has handled the cases of women killing other women to take their fetuses or newborns as their own. Fetal abduction - Wikipedia

Some of the women guilty of this type of crime targeted friends or acquaintances, while others targeted strangers.

Some killed the mothers, stole the fetuses/babies, and immediately bolted from the scene. Others attempted to conceal the bodies on/in their own property, and yet others dumped or burned them.

Most acted alone, but a few had assistance.

Some of the killers were sentenced to prison for decades or for life, one was sentenced to death, some committed suicide before justice could be served, others were sent to psychiatric facilities and were later released...

At least two unsuccessfully attempted to steal an infant or fetus and were set free (which pisses me off), later killing a mother and kidnapping a fetus or infant.

Anyway, I think the LE agencies and DA in Heidi's tragic case are probably taking the time to get a firm grasp on exactly what they're dealing with and what the defense might claim before filing murder charges since MF is already incarcerated. It wouldn't surprise me if she's on suicide watch.

No matter what the totality of charges ultimately filed against her, MF should never have the opportunity to be free in society again and Heidi's case should be closely analyzed and used to increase LE awareness nationwide. MOO.

Not sure what you're trying to restate.

The link you relates to reported crime for the area of 744 W William Cannon Dr. (Club at Summer Valley Apartments). Log itemizes daily reported crime categorized by type and date for a period of up to 365 days.

As part of a discussion about HB's apartment car park and vehicle SC reportedly found unlocked with her purse inside, I specifically quantified auto related crimes including "auto theft," "license plate theft," and "theft from vehicle" reported for the actual period Dec 1, 2019 to Jan 4, 2020 -- and not all auto-related crimes reported during the entirety of 365 days.
I was just replying to your post which stated the crime report was for crimes at the apartment community - these reports are not confined to just the apartment community, it's for the area - for instance the HEB would be included across the street, the car lot next door, etc. When I looked at the actual report at link you provided, I didn't see 10 license plates stolen December 1, 2019 - Jan 1, 2020 even for the area. Doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just didn't see it.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC the day before they found Heidi and Margo in Houston, there were articles and news reports out about FBI/LE knocking on every single door, sometimes multiple times. Some of the residents didn't even know Heidi and Margo were missing and it had been 6 days! I am a bit of a news junkie, and I think I sometimes forget that others are not like me, don't watch the news daily, don't read news stories online all day, every day lol

I think the same goes for CG too... I know I have read posts questioning how he didn't know, didn't hear about it, etc. I looked on one of the news sites one day to see if they had a video about Heidi and Margo before they were found in Houston, they didn't, or they didn't upload it if they did. And I'm going to assume that MF didn't tell him because ... well.. that would be too obvious!

I would like to know if the witness that saw MF that day was more confident about who she was after seeing a more recent photo on the news.
JMO
That's a really good question...I wonder if the mugshot with the short hair and crazy eyes is the one LE showed the witness. We have seen her as a blonde, a teen, and that one. Her latest mugsots look like a whole other person, IMO

IMO...
I think MF was aware that HB was having to supplement her breast milk with formula (due to the jaundice mentioned in the arrest affidavit) and simply used that knowledge as her reasoning for the early morning phone conversation.
HB had friends who have children, why would she ask MF for advice about breastfeeding when she is also a new mother. I think MF made that up to appear a "helpful friend" as opposed to a murdering, kidnapping friend.

The turnover in complexes is so high where I live, no one seems to know their neighbors or what vehicle they drive.
People coming and going 24/7, I’m surprised there is an eyewitness. Moo
There's also the "snitches get stitches" factor. A lot of people are afraid if they say something there might be retaliation. They don't even want police at their door asking questions.

I was just replying to your post which stated the crime report was for crimes at the apartment community - these reports are not confined to just the apartment community, it's for the area - for instance the HEB would be included across the street, the car lot next door, etc. When I looked at the actual report at link you provided, I didn't see 10 license plates stolen December 1, 2019 - Jan 1, 2020 even for the area. Doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just didn't see it.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Nonetheless, I'm confident my post was clear to others that even when inputting their personal address, the crimes reported were not only for their address but included their property as well as the area colored on the map.

And there was another theft of a license plate reported on Jan 10, 2020 so that brings the count to 11.

Thanks! That's very handy. I didn't know that Trulia had a crime feature. Naturally, I just checked out my own neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:
HB had friends who have children, why would she ask MF for advice about breastfeeding when she is also a new mother. I think MF made that up to appear a "helpful friend" as opposed to a murdering, kidnapping friend.
Someone posted earlier in the week that a perpetrator will weave bits of truth into their fabricated stories. Iirc, Tim Miller said that MF told him HB was having trouble breastfeeding. I imagine it's possible that MF told HB she needed help breastfeeding ( her pretend baby was 3? days old). As a ruse to get her to the car. She's completely inexperienced so it makes sense she'd ask a friend for help. Then as she's fibbing to LE she just switched it around to say HB was having trouble. Just more wild supposition.

Weird MF was in the passenger seat at all - why wasn't she driving her own car? I'm rethinking a hired stranger helping her. Maybe MF wanted to be hands free to control HB.

Another thought, what if MF lied and told HB her cousin or whomever, wanted to see the baby but couldn't go up 3 flights of stairs due to breathing problems or something else.

I can easily see this scenario - just going to sit in the car for a few minutes.

Who knows? Well, MF knows but we will never know the specifics & if she does weave a tale, we won’t know what part could be true. Even the DA won’t know. They’ll only know what they’re told. Can’t recreate the convo based on MF. Heidi had no reason to not get into the car, she was entering her bestie’s car. As far as the car seat, MF prob had one is MOO & by time the car reached the road Margo was likely secured. Even tho HB had a few errands doesn’t mean she would have refused coffee or breakfast with a friend. I can think of thousand of ‘what if’s’.
Very possible MF parked the car & went around to the passenger side while waiting for HB to get to the car. All moo

Last edited:
Has anyone researched if MF was involved with HB's son's delivery and birth? This might help to know when MF developed her maternal desire (if, this what she is suspected of)?

Who knows? Well, MF knows but we will never know the specifics & if she does weave a tale, we won’t know what part could be true. Even the DA won’t know. They’ll only know what they’re told. Can’t recreate the convo based on MF. Heidi had no reason to not get into the car, she was entering her bestie’s car. As far as the car seat, MF prob had one is MOO & by time the car reached the road Margo was likely secured. Even tho HB had a few errands doesn’t mean she would have refused coffee or breakfast with a friend. I can think of thousand of ‘what if’s’.
Very possible MF parked the car & went around to the passenger side while waiting for HB to get to the car. All moo
If she is charged with capital murder, the death penalty will be on the table which may make her tell detectives exactly what happened for some sort of plea. Otherwise whatever she tells them will need to match the evidence in front of a jury.

Also we have to remember that by the time they zeroed in on her there hadn't been much of an investigation on her at all. IMO they now have a ton more evidence than what little we've seen in AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77