Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many things went wrong with the search. I understand people being mad and wanting to place blame. The fact is he was dead before anyone even knew he was missing. nothing will ever change that.

The only good from this is; his story will probably save other lives. I know we had a talk with 2 of our grandkids yesterday about the dangers of climbing into small spaces. I feel a lot of parents and grandparents have also done this in the few days.

Harley's obituary was released on Thursday, it reads:

Did you ever find a penny while walking through town? Harley would drop pennies while walking, as pennies from Heaven for other people. He had a soft heart and wanted to be a blessing to other people.

Obituary released for Port Clinton teen Harley Dilly; Public memorial service to be held Jan. 25

i snipped your post, i hope you don't mind but the pennies from heaven part really got me...

i am always, forever, now going to think of harley when i find a penny

harley, thank you for this, it was such a thoughtful and beautiful thing to do

So many things went wrong with the search. I understand people being mad and wanting to place blame. The fact is he was dead before anyone even knew he was missing. nothing will ever change that.

The only good from this is; his story will probably save other lives. I know we had a talk with 2 of our grandkids yesterday about the dangers of climbing into small spaces. I feel a lot of parents and grandparents have also done this in the few days.
BBM
"He was dead before anyone knew he was missing"
Is that a fact? Do we have an estimated time of death?

I’m thinking something like this should be added to building codes or something as a requirement to prevent these types of accidents.

1.jpg

Custom Chimney Caps to Keep Your Home Safe This Winter - Accurate Heating & Cooling

Last edited:
Port Clinton Police Department
1 hour ago

Dear Chief Hickman,

It has been brought to my attention that a petition is circulating on social media by Roxy Fisher who claims to be an employee of Texas Equusearch according to her face book employment status.

This is a misrepresentation.

Ms Fisher is not nor has ever been an employee of Texas Equusearch.

I, Tim Miller, the director and founder of Texas Equusearch and the Organization have not and don’t not support this petition.

Myself as Director and our Organization give our full support to the Dilly Family, the Community of Port Clinton and the Police Dept. of Port Clinton, Ohio through this long and painful grieving process.

Blessed are the Peacemakers...

If only there were more of them.

Sincerely,
Tim Miller

Port Clinton Police Department

Sorry, but in my opinion when you have a missing kid, you will search the unoccupied houses at least in the immediate area, no matter if there is a sign of forced entry or not. Sadly in this case it would'nt have made a difference, because Harley was reported missing so late. JMO

Why did they wait to report him missing for two days?
Did they think he was going to stay with a friend? No cell phone contact to see if he arrived there safely?

If he heard the glasses 'land' onto a surface, could he have thought they had landed inside a fireplace hearth, as opposed to a blockage between first and second floors, as was said to exist?

why throw his glasses if he needed them to see? Why not a rock? a pinecone or a stick?

Last edited:
is it possible he didn’t go home Thursday night after being told to leave his friends house? came in Friday morning early before 6 according to the cctv, talked to his mom ( who made a point she didn’t see him), wanted to stay home, and when he couldn’t, he then went to the house and tried to get in. So tired, hungry maybe didn’t feel well, just wanted to sleep?
I really can’t think of anything that fits him being seen on camera at 6:08 am, then climbing to the roof and into the chimney. Maybe he hung around outside for a while thinking of a way in and waited until it was light out to try the chimney.

What time did his mom say she talked to him?

it seems impossible that someone forced him into the chimney either, for many reasons.

such a sad strange case.

If it was dark and he went up the antennae willing with a friend then the friend dared, or threw his glasses and jacket down the chimney he bent over to grab them and the bully shoved him headfirst. That's one way. Or he slipped and fell headfirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998