Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sheriff stated there was no evidence of physical trauma to the body that would lead to PH's death. I believe investigators are confident this includes physical assault when affirming no assault caused her death.

If there was evidence of rape or sexual assault, I definitely think the suspect would have been declared dangerous and public advised to take precautions for the suspect at large. There was no such advisory during the presser that I watched. (Suspect convicted of rape some 29 years ago -- does not automatically make it so here).

MOO

I understand, and this has been a question, and it is the 'led to her death,' which I question. If he said no foul play or physical trauma was reported and conclusive with the autopsy findings, drug testing has yet to be completed to confirm other alternatives, or if they potentially led to the victim's death.

the 'led to her death,' does not conclusively tell me she did not have any external injuries that would not have led to a person's death.

The suspect is an ex con with priors, who served a long sentence. Unless, he is widely known as a weak and passive man today, a suspect becoming dangerous is always a possibility while apprehending any subject for lesser offenses, imo. State Troopers could verify this.

I agree with TheExperience in a sort of way. Let's get him before he kills himself.

Good possibility, if he feels framed or if he is in fact guilty and does not want to face the consequences. All hope gone, suicide would not be surprising. I would not make a citizens arrest without myself being armed and dangerous.

I always think of a person watching the news with someone, and press like this is released, with the someone being the suspect, sitting to the side, a possibility if he left states and has been long gone after the initial release.

"I feel roofied", said no one who has ever been roofied in the history of roofies

But why trick someone into taking flunitrazepam when fentanyl is way cheaper, easier to come by and your victim will be happy to take it?

...other than the fact that a fatal dose of roofie is like 50x the dose to incapacitate someone while the space between conscious and dead from fentanyl is... less. Fred doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take that into account.

She could have been roofied tho for all we really know. And sometimes yes a person can know if they have been drugged and feel in danger enough to realize what is going on enough to attempt to reach out, personally a text would be easier to do (like say they got to go to use bathroom and send a quick text out without offender knowing or over hearing) fight or flight response can obviously trigger a panic attack and PH had a heart condition so that would make it even more of a chaotic event. This is all opinion.
Fentanyl is all over the place these days. It’s cheap and deadly :(

Daily event in Brighton but they will get him.

Someone please watch Bessemer police arrests and Jefferson County Sheriff's website "news"...I would but can't so I won't. Hopefully, we will have this **** in custody soon.

She could have been roofied tho for all we really know. And sometimes yes a person can know if they have been drugged and feel in danger enough to realize what is going on enough to attempt to reach out, personally a text would be easier to do (like say they got to go to use bathroom and send a quick text out without offender knowing or over hearing) fight or flight response can obviously trigger a panic attack and PH had a heart condition so that would make it even more of a chaotic event. This is all opinion.
Fentanyl is all over the place these days. It’s cheap and deadly :(
Yes, which is exactly why a text that in itself doesn't make good complete sense actually makes MORE sense than the texts that people who obviously have no experience with hard partying seem to think they would send in that situation. An oddly worded somewhat alarming text that doesn't read like how your daughter would normally text? Gee what possible explanation could there be...

Yes, which is exactly why a text that in itself doesn't make good complete sense actually makes MORE sense than the texts that people who obviously have no experience with hard partying seem to think they would send in that situation. An oddly worded somewhat alarming text that doesn't read like how your daughter would normally text? Gee what possible explanation could there be...

i know what you mean, I’m just saying people end up doing irrational things in scary situations. I might have misunderstood your post little and then wasn’t able to go back and edit. The text does bother me quite a bit, a phone call would be much more effective. I read in a link that was posted in here earlier today that PH was texting her friend prior to that last alarming text and PH mom found it odd because it didn’t sound/seem like her. I honestly don’t even think she was the one to send that last text but that’s just my opinion that keeps changing as the story unfolds.
Also, she left to the TR on dec 20th and LE thinks she passed 21st at the other location before being buried on chapel rd right? I have the timeline all jumbled.

Maybe LE does have more on the suspect but doesn’t want anyone to know and they are hoping if he thinks it’s a less offense he may turn himself in. Just something I thought about. I could be wrong though I have been once or twice lol

@oviedo said:
What is the evidence she died the next day? Any ideas?

Maybe because her last text was after midnight and in the early morning of the 21st? IIRC

The info was provided by the Sheriff at the presser but he did not elaborate on what the evidence was.

We have evidence the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019,'' said Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief David Agee in a Thursday press conference.

“We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton. We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of in a criminal manner by Fredrick Hampton.”

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

@oviedo said:
What is the evidence she died the next day? Any ideas?

The info was provided by the Sheriff at the presser but he did not elaborate on what the evidence was.

We have evidence the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019,'' said Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief David Agee in a Thursday press conference.

“We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton. We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of in a criminal manner by Fredrick Hampton.”

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

I would think the autopsy determined time of death.

The Sheriff stated there was no evidence of physical trauma to the body that would lead to PH's death. I believe investigators are confident this includes physical assault when affirming no assault caused her death.

If there was evidence of rape or sexual assault, I definitely think the suspect would have been declared dangerous and public advised to take precautions for the suspect at large. There was no such advisory during the presser that I watched. (Suspect convicted of rape some 29 years ago -- does not automatically make it so here).

MOO
“What we know is that no physical trauma to the body of the victim would have led to her death. We have evidence that the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019,” Deputy Chief David Agee, of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, said Thursday during a news conference.
Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave
I’m not entirely convinced they are saying PH had no evidence of physical trauma. I am reading this as she did but non of which would have been the cause of her death. Moo

I’m not entirely convinced they are saying PH had no evidence of physical trauma. I am reading this as she did but non of which would have been the cause of her death. Moo

I agree. In Hampton vs. State, posted above, it states "Forcible compulsion' is an element of first degree rape." and this.....

"Q. [ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY:] What did you observe during your vaginal examination? "A. She had a lot of bruising and swelling outside of the vagina. The right side of the peritoneal area was swollen and bruised and she also had a bruise under the urethra and a bruise at the very top of the opening to the vagina. "Q. Based on your training and experience in doing these sex cases, what opinion did you reach as to the injuries that you observed, what was the cause of those injuries? "[DEFENSE COUNSEL]: Objection. That calls for an issue for the jury to decide. It is an improper factual basis for this doctor to form that opinion improper hypotheticaland we would object. ". . . . "THE COURT: Overruled. ". . . . "Q. [ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY:] Doctor, what were these injuries consistent with? "A. They were consistent with any kind of trauma to that area. Forcible intercourse could do this." R. 243-45.

It is PURE SPECULATION that she was raped at this point, or died of overdose. She may have had some other medical condition that caused her death. HOWEVER, MOO, both of these are strong possibilities.

Her mom's statement was very telling imo and I am starting to believe the same thing. I wonder how different the coworkers stories are. I can't come up with a valid explanation to why all would be lying or stretching the truth.

Imo the co-worker’s stories were likely misinterpreted by the mother as “not adding up”. They were not lying, I don’t think. Perhaps the accounts don’t all match perfectly because there was alcohol involved. Considering the latest developments, I doubt there was any kind of coverup here on behalf of the co-workers. Moo.
( @TheExperience , this is what I was basically referring to when I said it sounds like the mom was wrong about the co-workers. The stories were in fact at least partly true after all because there was a “black male”. )

I think there may have been two black males indeed, but that’s JMO.

Last edited:
Imo the co-worker’s stories were likely misinterpreted by the mother as “not adding up”. They were not lying, I don’t think. Perhaps the accounts don’t all match perfectly because there was alcohol involved. Considering the latest developments, I doubt there was any kind of coverup here on behalf of the co-workers. Moo.
( @TheExperience , this is what I was basically referring to when I said it sounds like the mom was wrong about the co-workers. The stories did in fact add up after all because there was a “black male”. )

I think there may have been two black males indeed, but that’s JMO.
Except LE indicated no one was seen on surveillance that fit the description of the 2 black males.
This suspect doesn’t appear to fit the description of either of the black males.
And nothing has been said to indicate this suspect was at the bar that night. Or that PH left with him. In fact they were very careful to not say she did. They reiterated only that they were together that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288