Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make sense. Her mom mentions multiple coworkers so it's a bit disheartening that not one of them told the truth.

There IS a black male, though, one that is being charged with the abuse of her corpse. They were in a bar drinking so maybe their stories are hazy due to alcohol consumption. Again, I’m not seeing any evidence anywhere that they were not telling the truth. I’m thinking that an alleged possible coverup is all a big misinterpretation, UNLESS maybe one of them knew FH and called him to hook PH up with drugs and/or participated in any drug use, went to a “party”, etc. but at this time there is nothing to indicate any such thing.

Last edited:
Except LE indicated no one was seen on surveillance that fit the description of the 2 black males.
This suspect doesn’t appear to fit the description of either of the black males.
And nothing has been said to indicate this suspect was at the bar that night. Or that PH left with him. In fact they were very careful to not say she did. They reiterated only that they were together that night.

Hi! You’re up late (or early) :wave:

Here’s where I am with the surveillance. As I mentioned initially, just because surveillance footage doesn’t depict them together, it doesn’t mean they weren’t there. It just could mean the camera angles/range were not conducive to capturing them.

Re: nothing has been said that he was at the bar that night, conversely, nothing has been said that he was “not” at the bar that night.

In fact, I’m wondering if this may have been one of the tips, that someone saw FH and called it in. Once LE would’ve seen his criminal history, they would have been all over that tip, moo.

As far as the description, I’ve been meaning to check/find his height and weight, perhaps it’s posted here, I’m still reading...

Last edited:
Hi! You’re up late (or early) :wave:

Here’s where I am with the surveillance. As I mentioned initially, just because surveillance footage doesn’t depict them together, it doesn’t mean they weren’t there. It just could mean the camera range was not conducive to capturing them.

Re: nothing has been said that he was at the bar that night, conversely, nothing has been said that he was “not” at the bar that night.

In fact, I’m wondering if this may have been one of the tips, that someone saw FH and called it in. Once LE would’ve seen his criminal history, they would have been all over that tip, moo.

As far as the description, I’ve been meaning to check/find his height and weight, perhaps it’s posted here, I’m still reading...

Bingo. That could be it, moo.
Good morning! Yes up Early to head into work. Hopefully by the time I get home tonight he will have been caught.
LE only place the suspect at the two homes. Because of that my theory right now is that she left the bar with at least one person known to her And ended up at this home with The suspect who made her feel uncomfortable enough to send an alert text. My thought is that whoever she left with is who assisted LE and LE is doing their best to protect them. I also think the initial arrest for kidnapping likely stemmed from The suspect taking pH from the first home. Perhaps initially on the 28th they suspected she was still alive When he took her to the second home.moo

Making a note, possibly confused, reading back to see if there is actual confirmation that there is another location involved other than the disposal location, that has been mentioned by LE. Maybe I missed this in the PC somehow because I’m seeing references to this. Can someone please provide a link? Tia.

Last edited:
I have from the beginning, been willing to see the truth as it landed. Maybe the story was a bit skewed, but I figured that right off. We've all heard there is some truth in every lie. This holds true for most similar cases. Once the word on PH's history was out, it all became relatively clear. It's an old story. One we have all seen too often. No truer words than "there is nothing new under the sun". I never assumed the coworkers/friends were being completely honest, or that we even knew what they had told LE. I did assume early on that it was very likely that the story the family got initially was false, or at least partially false. No one wants to tell the family of a missing person, "she was out trying to score". I have thought from early on, that three were more text exchanges, that we will probably not know about until trial, if even then. I really just assumed that they were at the bar at some point that evening and that the persons she was seen leaving with, happened either in the parking lot, or somewhere close, but initially when questioned by the family, it fit close enough together to tell what maybe the witness thought was helpful without telling on themselves. I don't know if he/she/they, knew the suspect, or knew of him. I suspect, that PH may have known someone who knew him. It never made sense to me for her to have left with a complete stranger. Not that she knew him, but more, was aware of him.
The text never bothered me. It, sounded not so much frantic, but uncomfortable. Per the suspects own words, his previous victim "was down to party", I'm paraphrasing but I think the point matches. He thought his get out of jail card was that his previous victim got in the car willingly. This may be absolutely true. Not sure, but maybe. His idea of partying and hers, obviously differed.
He's an opportunistic predator. Probably how he managed to stay out of prison this long. I's sure there are other victims that just never came forward because they were embarrassed, or high, or whatever reservation, similar victims have historically avoided seeing themselves as victims over. Addicts are easy targets for this type of predator. They either never want to tell they were in this situation, because it would cause those who believe in them to question everything else they are portraying as a life of sobriety, or they feel responsible and embarrassed. I could be completely off base. This could have been an outright abduction. I wouldn't put money on it, but it's possible. I pray for her family, as, they had faith in her to the end. Although not always productive, we could all not ask for more, than a family that believes in us.

Last edited:
In Hampton vs state it seems like he didn’t take accountability at all for his actions. It’s always someone else’s fault. My opinion on reading that. Does anyone know if he spent the full 20yrs & 6mos in prison or did he get released early for good behavior or time previously spent?
i was also thinking that since he’s a registered SO he probably avoided being on camera cuz SOs are not supposed to be in places like that and there’s stipulations and having to check in every so often with a po (if he has one?) . Maybe AL works differently with their SOs.

Curious. How much trauma could still be determined after nearly 2 weeks of death? Can the autopsy determine she was sexually assaulted? I'm worried that all they are going to have is abuse of a corpse for burying her. The complicated case may be that she left willingly and was willing along with everything else that occurred that night and all they have is that last text...

I’m worried that COD may come back inconclusive, even after tox, etc. Hopefully this will not be the case.

ETA: Considering the lack of external visible trauma, I’m going to guess asphyxiation on Paighton’s COD, should her tox reports not yield any lethal drug levels.

ETA2: And if it turns out it was an overdose or health issue, etc., then my oh my what a coincidence he just happens to be a violent sex offender.

Last edited:
For Paighton and other victims of this preditor.
He probably looks for girls in/out of recovery.
Let today be the day
Fredrick Hampton, of Brighton
Age 50

Fredrick Hampton, of Brighton, Alabama

see photo linked above

Anyone with information on Hampton’s whereabouts is asked to call 911, the sheriff’s office at 205-325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.

Last edited:
Regarding surveillance at Tin Roof. It is impossible to prove that someone WASN'T there unless there were cameras pointed at every single entrance (there isn't). Even if you interview every single person that was there and nobody recalls seeing them, it doesn't prove anything. Simply put, you cannot prove that something didn't happen. The ONLY way to prove it is to prove that they were somewhere else.

Of course, there is plenty of things that may cause one to doubt they were there. Lets say hypothetically that Paighton texted a true friend at 9:00 saying that she didn't feel like going to the bar. Let's also hypothesize that the friends told LE that they bailed from the bar at 9:30 and left Paighton there alone. In this scenario it would be hard to believe that she was ever there IMO.

All MOO

IMO, addiction puts people in very dangerous situations, places, and amongst dangerous people quite easily.

Yes, and I also think there is the possibility of PH having been previously acquainted with FH and/or the possible 2 HSBM through a recovery program, or community activities around addiction.

Something was definitely going on for her to not immediately ask for help if she was straight up kidnapped, IMO. I do not see a perp sending the texts we know exist. To me, they read as though PH initially went somewhere of her own free will, and then she was concerned things were dicey, BUT she still had motivation to stay.

This is why I'm personally leaning towards a weak moment with someone she knew, had some level of trust, but it was a set up to use her that went wrong.

Rsbm
Regarding surveillance at Tin Roof. It is impossible to prove that someone WASN'T there unless there were cameras pointed at every single entrance (there isn't). Even if you interview every single person that was there and nobody recalls seeing them, it doesn't prove anything. Simply put, you cannot prove that something didn't happen. The ONLY way to prove it is to prove that they were somewhere else.

All MOO

I totally agree.

For Paighton and other victims of this preditor.
He probably looks for girls in/out of recovery.
Let today be the day
Fredrick Hampton, of Brighton
Age 50

Fredrick Hampton, of Brighton, Alabama

see photo linked above

Anyone with information on Hampton’s whereabouts is asked to call 911, the sheriff’s office at 205-325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
I really think this guy was only involved in the cleanup, and possibly supplying whatever killed PH. If there was a sexual assault committed, that would already be known through the autopsy and DNA testing, and he surly would have had that added to his warrant.

I really think this guy was only involved in the cleanup, and possibly supplying whatever killed PH. If there was a sexual assault committed, that would already be known through the autopsy and DNA testing, and he surly would have had that added to his warrant.

Thinking about this more, IF there is DNA from sexual activity, one may not be able to definitively prove at this point if it was consensual or not, and therefore can not add SA to his charges.

Noted:
But with his past criminal record this guy would not be stupid enough after serving 20 years to be a cleaning man. IMO
They stated further charges possible
They are not showing all evidence on the table yet.
But you could be right.........

Noted:
But with his past criminal record this guy would not be stupid enough after serving 20 years to be a cleaning man. IMO

I will be surprised if this known violent sexual offender did not violently sexually offend Paighton, moo.

Noted:
I believe that he might have been helping out someone who was actually involved, possibly someone he was related to. Just a hunch and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko