Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Speaking of the $60 cash he had on him when he left..... wouldn’t that mean he very well could have gotten an Uber or Lyft and no one would know?

Have they been able to access the Uber app records (on either his end or the company end)? I would think no. And even if they’ve been able to show he didn’t access the app, he could have stopped one on the street at some point and he had plenty of cash.

I’d think a huge campaign to reach out to ride share drivers would be in order.

MOO.

I had been discounting the distance because early reports said he was a marathon runner. So I figured a few or even several miles on foot wouldn't be that big a deal to him. IIRC there were earlier reports that he has made this trip on foot before. Middle of the night is odd to me but people keep all kinds of schedules.

However, I don't believe he would have intended to cover that ground on foot while wearing Birkenstocks rather than running shoes!

So, hmmm...

MOO

I’m still stuck on him leaving with a dead phone.

Now that we know it was his work phone, I wonder if he had a personal cell phone also?

Good question. I’d say no, at least not on him. Just because the list of what he left with is incredibly specific. Down to the $60 cash. If my SO left in the middle of the night after having woken me up and then left, I would never in a million years be able to tell someone exactly- to that level of detail- what they were carrying on their person. But the GF here was very specific. JMO.

Re: knowing how much cash he had, he may have left behind an ATM receipt. $60 sounds like a typical withdrawal amount. He may have confirmed to his GF that he had cash on hand before he wandered out in the middle of the night.

that said, I never have any idea of how much cash my spouse has on hand, or vice versa.

Good question. I’d say no, at least not on him. Just because the list of what he left with is incredibly specific. Down to the $60 cash. If my SO left in the middle of the night after having woken me up and then left, I would never in a million years be able to tell someone exactly- to that level of detail- what they were carrying on their person. But the GF here was very specific. JMO.

Agreed, for me personally, I’d only know what mrtfs had in his pockets if I personally went through them. MOO

I’m still stuck on him leaving with a dead phone.

Now that we know it was his work phone, I wonder if he had a personal cell phone also?
Me too. Other than another phone, I'm thinking he planned to go straight to his destination and would charge it there.

Or, he wasn't going there at all and turned it off to save battery, because he didn't expect to be gone long.

I’d read somewhere, perhaps the dreaded R place by the main poster, that the passport was used as sort of a wallet. In that case, assuming that’s true, it would have to be the little blue book, wouldn’t it? And you can go more places internationally with that than just the card, correct? Someone also asked if that was a long-standing habit or something he’d begun recently, which I thought was an interesting question.
It was reported by the Springfield News-Leader, but the article cites Reddit as a source, among others ...:
“Holden also had his passport, which doubled as his wallet containing his debit card. (He did not carry a driver's license, according to reports, and rarely used his car.) Holden also carried the keys to his car and his apartment, along with AirPod earbuds, according to reports.”
Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31

The article is dated January 8th. It appears it was assumed at the time that Alex did not have his driver’s license with him when he disappeared, but perhaps it still has not been located and thus now the “Find Alex Holden” website says, “He was carrying his passport, driver’s license ....” (BBM)

Speaking of the passport:
“A check of his passport usage is pending.”
That was on January 7th, and I haven’t seen an update on it.

And I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe Alex has left the country. Going back to the Springfield newspaper article:
“Late Monday [January 6th], the Reddit user said ‘the detectives took Alex’s sneaker for a strong scent’ on that day.

‘The dogs led the detectives around Arden/Northgate area by the river but no true conclusions from this area,’ the poster wrote, referring to neighborhoods north of Alex's apartment.”

In a report by KSPR a couple of days ago, Alex’s dad was quoted as saying that the dogs would be out again today and tomorrow. Not sure as to what kind, but I hope they spend some time searching by the river.

I don’t really care about the Birkenstock’s, what I find odd and can’t get passed is going on that trail at night, especially with a dead phone. There is ALOT of homeless and not so nice people around there.

Published 10:33 a.m. CT Jan. 17, 2020
The son of two Greene County judges has been missing in California since New Year's Eve.

Police say 25-year-old Alex Holden walked away from his Sacramento apartment at about 2:30 a.m. that day and has not been seen since.

Holden's parents, Judge Calvin Holden and Judge Margaret Palmietto, have been in Sacramento helping with the search efforts since they got word their son was missing. This week they also announced a $10,000 reward would be given for information leading to the young man's return.

On Thursday, Judge Holden said he has not given up hope that his son will be found, but he plans on returning to Springfield this weekend and trying to work on Tuesday when the Greene County courthouse reopens after the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.

Judge Holden said he has retraced the route his son was believed to be walking numerous times, and at this point he isn't sure what more he can to do help the search efforts.

"At some point, we have to say we'll go back," Judge Holden said. "And if a good tip comes up or something, it won't take long to get on a plane and come back (to Sacramento)."

Judge Holden said he believes Judge Palmietto might also return to Springfield in the coming days. She had already been scheduled to take off work next week.

Judge Holden said he plans to try to return to the bench Tuesday through Friday, but he is not sure how his son's case will affect his ability to concentrate.

"We'll see how it goes," Holden said.

As search continues for missing son, Greene County Judge Holden plans return to bench

More at link

1b64134a-be7f-4b7e-8f22-5a65c778f92e-SNL1Brd_03-13-2018_NewsLeader_1_A001__2018_03_12_IMG_636340859023001880_t_1_1_VILE5M3E_L1194880204_IMG_636340859023001880_t_1_1_VILE5M3E.jpg

Do you think there is a reason why LE is not giving details of the "emotional discussion" between Alex and KP? That, to me, would be key information. If the info was being kept private bc it is key in any investigation, that would be one thing, but they don't seem to suspect foul play etc...so why not disclose?

Unless they think the info could affect his reputation somewhat because they still think it could be his conscious choice to disappear (I don't think it was voluntary). Just wonder what the emotional discussion could be about, and it is giving insight into him being missing. His parents are involved and worried it seems, but they would definitely have more power to force more of an investigation if they wanted to...I think. Like for example...actual interviews with friends and girlfriend, lie detector tests, etc..

I'm not saying his friends or gf are guilty of foul play, but looking into that info would provide info on a possible motive, right?

Published 10:33 a.m. CT Jan. 17, 2020
The son of two Greene County judges has been missing in California since New Year's Eve.

Police say 25-year-old Alex Holden walked away from his Sacramento apartment at about 2:30 a.m. that day and has not been seen since.

Holden's parents, Judge Calvin Holden and Judge Margaret Palmietto, have been in Sacramento helping with the search efforts since they got word their son was missing. This week they also announced a $10,000 reward would be given for information leading to the young man's return.

On Thursday, Judge Holden said he has not given up hope that his son will be found, but he plans on returning to Springfield this weekend and trying to work on Tuesday when the Greene County courthouse reopens after the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.

Judge Holden said he has retraced the route his son was believed to be walking numerous times, and at this point he isn't sure what more he can to do help the search efforts.

"At some point, we have to say we'll go back," Judge Holden said. "And if a good tip comes up or something, it won't take long to get on a plane and come back (to Sacramento)."

Judge Holden said he believes Judge Palmietto might also return to Springfield in the coming days. She had already been scheduled to take off work next week.

Judge Holden said he plans to try to return to the bench Tuesday through Friday, but he is not sure how his son's case will affect his ability to concentrate.

"We'll see how it goes," Holden said.

As search continues for missing son, Greene County Judge Holden plans return to bench

More at link

1b64134a-be7f-4b7e-8f22-5a65c778f92e-SNL1Brd_03-13-2018_NewsLeader_1_A001__2018_03_12_IMG_636340859023001880_t_1_1_VILE5M3E_L1194880204_IMG_636340859023001880_t_1_1_VILE5M3E.jpg
Hmm... seems odd to me. Anyone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back