Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Yes. Maybe just how it’s written is odd? Seems like it’s a bit early for the parents to just say, “Whelp that’s all we can do. Back to work!” I really doubt that’s how they sounded, but that’s how the article makes them sound.
Yeah, exactly. The "We'll see how it goes" is particular odd to me. It's your son and it's only been two weeks.

Yeah, exactly. The "We'll see how it goes" is particular odd to me. It's your son and it's only been two weeks.

Yeah but he's got an important job with people's futures hanging on his decisions. It's not as simple as not showing up for a job at the coffee shop or something.

I'm inclined to think there was a major family rupture over a lifestyle issue of some sort, and he may have decided that he needed to break away for some time to thinking about it. He did tell his girlfriend where he was intending to go, so I'm also inclined to think he ran into trouble on the way...

It reminded me about early stages of Mollie Tibbets disappearance. It was very little info available as well but her dad, mom, BF were all over the place with interviews, searches, talking to press...For some reason, in Alex's case we do not have this feeling - either the info is being withheld or they really do not have anything or parents suspect where he could be .. Not a single CCTv footage, people who saw him in a bar, friends, anything ?? Seems like Lauren Spierer case ( still unsolved) had more details...

Considering how many threads there are on this site in the Missing section, this could honestly go on for years. I'm not surprised that at some point the parents decide to wait there, rather than here.

At the beginning of this, someone (I don't recall who--no one official) said that after the first 72 hours, only 15% of people were found alive. At the time I assumed it was just an opinion of the person, but I wonder if there's actually "official" stats--from the police, FBI, whoever. I think back to people that were found ok, and honestly, it doesn't seem to be that many.

It reminded me about early stages of Mollie Tibbets disappearance. It was very little info available as well but her dad, mom, BF were all over the place with interviews, searches, talking to press...For some reason, in Alex's case we do not have this feeling - either the info is being withheld or they really do not have anything or parents suspect where he could be .. Not a single CCTv footage, people who saw him in a bar, friends, anything ?? Seems like Lauren Spierer case ( still unsolved) had more details...
In the Tibbets case though, it was clear that it was foul play from the beginning.

Lots of males around Alex’s age have found themselves in a tragic situation after drinking and walking off. Especially when there is water around.

I think something like that is far more probable than foul play.

Do you think there is a reason why LE is not giving details of the "emotional discussion" between Alex and KP?

RSBM it is really no one's business. The family has a PI that I am sure s privy to that info.

I’d like to know if he met someone at the bar that he returned to spend time with after the emotional talk, and something happened? MOO

The friend running the reddit thread was reportedly with Alex that night and said it would have been his place Alex intended to visit. There certainly could be others Alex reconnected with or that may have picked him up.

The friend running the reddit thread was reportedly with Alex that night and said it would have been his place Alex intended to visit. There certainly could be others Alex reconnected with or that may have picked him up.

That would actually make sense of his movements. He wasn't planning to walk all the way to the house, he was walking back to meet his friend, or maybe walking to meet them at the car. Maybe they missed connections because his phone died? Hmm. What would he have done then?

The lack of video disturbs me.

SBM

But surely they would have come forward at this point. Even all of the “official” flyers and notices say he was not seen or heard from after he left the house.

MOO.

SBM

But surely they would have come forward at this point. Even all of the “official” flyers and notices say he was not seen or heard from after he left the house.

MOO.
I agree - if anyone picked up Alex that night, they are in on his disappearance.

The lack of camera footage is super weird. I've rarely seen that in recent cases like this. I wonder if it says more about the lack of surveillance in Sacramento, though, and less about Alex's route. I also think LE is not telling the friends or family anything, including whether they have footage.

No, that's the name. If you go down 20th Street to C Street, take a left and there's a big arch on the right showing the entrance to the bike trail. It's a paved trail that look like it's leading into the wilderness.

Oooooh snap ... I just realized I've been picturing Elk Grove this whole time. Yikes. Okay, I get it. I'm awake now. I was wondering why nobody else was screaming about how ridiculous of a journey that would be on foot at 2:30am.

Yeah but he's got an important job with people's futures hanging on his decisions. It's not as simple as not showing up for a job at the coffee shop or something.

I'm inclined to think there was a major family rupture over a lifestyle issue of some sort, and he may have decided that he needed to break away for some time to thinking about it. He did tell his girlfriend where he was intending to go, so I'm also inclined to think he ran into trouble on the way...

I agree about his parents, they have important jobs and a duty to their own communities. They also likely want to save their time off for if something new comes up or to grieve in the worst case scenario.

Also, this may seem cold, but they likely have a lot more information than we do. They might know what the conversation was about and what Alex was supposed to be doing that night. If they knew he used drugs or took risks, they may not want to continually discuss that in public to tarnish their own reputations in their communities where they are important figures. I don't agree personally but I think it's a common enough way to deal with problems in your life - particularly if you do not think there's anything you can do to help your family member at this time.

I still want to know what was happening from the time he returned back to his apt (11:30) to the time he left (2:30). Did he continue to drink or possibly do drugs? (Speculation only) If I was the gf and woke up to that I'd be seriously p.o.ed and you can bet that would have triggered a very serious conversation.

Perhaps she told him that if he wanted to do drugs or continue to drink (speculating wildly here) she may have suggested he go do it where it's acceptable. And maybe that was to his old roomie's place.

If he was under the influence of anything, all good sense gone, he could have (inadvertantly) gone anywhere.
And the river makes the most sense.

When was he reported missing?

Sorry, replying to myself... I can’t tell exactly when LE received the missing person report for Alex. I went back and looked at Sacramento PD’s initial Facebook post (Jan. 2, 4:30pm) regarding Alex. Just noticed that the “last seen” is listed as 12/31 with no time of day specified. No wonder there’s so much confusion over it being NYE.

Sacramento Police Department

At what point does LE consider a missing person missing under “suspicious circumstances”? I get that he’s an adult and there is nothing specific (like a bloody shoe print) that points to something nefarious. But at what point will they pursue it more aggressively? And by more aggressively, I mean taking people in for questioning (have they done that? Friends he was with, etc?), or warrants for the liquor store video, or taking things out of the apartment in bags kind of thing.

I think about many other cases where there is not this same “well they are an adult and we have no reason to suspect anything” mentality. At least that is the impression I’m getting.

I do not at ALL believe he just wanted to go-and stay- off the grid, nor do I believe he has a mental illness that made him want to disappear, nor do I believe he’s got amnesia. Nor do I believe he’s gotten lost in Yosemite. I don’t have a great theory at this point (I have a couple but they aren’t great), but I absolutely don’t think he went missing voluntary, and I very sadly don’t think the outcome will be good if he is found.

MOO.
I’d love to hear your theories! I can’t wrap my head around how people just poof disappear.

I’d love to hear your theories! I can’t wrap my head around how people just poof disappear.

Well everyone is somewhere. It is just not known where a missing person is. They do not really “disappear”...they simply are not anywhere they should be or would be expected to be...and efforts to locate them have been unsuccessful. So many people go missing daily...hundreds, if not more. Most resurface of their own accords. Some are found injured or deceased, accidentally or otherwise. And others have not been found yet...jmo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back