IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 48 and look it (still youthful which 48 is lol) but have to give my head a shake every time I see a picture of SA and realize he is only 51. It’s truly shocking how aged he looks. OT but I also chocked on my cornflakes yesterday when I realized that Lev Parnas is only 47 years old! He has the same hard living, unkept, 20 years older look as SA.
My DH just turned 75 and he looks younger than SA.

Still can't get the one doc to upload, getting the error message it's "too large". Here is the motion to strike for now will I try to figure out a way to get this bad boy up there. You have to see the photos of Winky pretending to be SA and doing his darndest to make it look like it's not possible for him to have gotten his head out that window.

PLAINTIFFS’ MOTION TO STRIKE VIDEO FOOTAGE CONVENTIONALLY FILED [D.E. 13] AND REFERENCED IN DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS [D.E. 7]
Wiegand vs RCCL CASE NO. 19-CV-25100-DLG filed on 1/17/20

Attachments

• motion to strike video.pdf
    255.4 KB · Views: 77
Cameron Mattheson: 50. Not a good yardstick by which to measure, but this is after his kidney surgery, so there is a little perspective ;o)

cameron-mathison-getty-810x610-1.jpg

Still can't get the one doc to upload, getting the error message it's "too large". Here is the motion to strike for now will I try to figure out a way to get this bad boy up there. You have to see the photos of Winky pretending to be SA and doing his darndest to make it look like it's not possible for him to have gotten his head out that window...

Thanks for posting MW's motion to strike. Looks like it's going to get nasty.

Alright I couldn't get the doc to upload here but here is a link to where I've uploaded it to DocDroid

PLAINTIFFS’MOTION TO COMPEL DEFENDANT TO PRODUCEALL VIDEO FOOTAGE AND UNOPPOSED MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS UPON PRODUCTION OF VIDEO FOOTAGE
Wiegand vs RCCL CASE NO. 19-CV-25100-DLG filed 1/17/20

demand for all videos.pdf

Highlights include where Winky claims "Plaintiffs’ counsel(who is nearly identical in height and torso to Sam Anello)could not lean “out of the window frame” due to the distance between the railing and the window frame." but doesn't give any numbers for what SA or his own "height and torso" are. As well as the photo of Winky putting the Chloe doll ON THE WINDOW FRAME basically admitting SA did same.

Attachments

• totally twins bro.png
    totally twins bro.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 399
  • winky puts chloe on the frame.png
    winky puts chloe on the frame.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 367
So respectfully, IMHO, this case has nothing to do with being drunk, hot, fat, dementia, having shoulder neuropathy , blood flow, banging on or disappearing glass, getting a better view or anything else that Winkie and the Fam have brought up. I have thought that it has been about MONEY since I first heard about it. FWIW. JMO. MOO. Etc.

Such a great list of the defense's various proposals. We can add "color blind" as color blind people still can see contrast.

I’m 48 and look it (still youthful which 48 is lol) but have to give my head a shake every time I see a picture of SA and realize he is only 51. It’s truly shocking how aged he looks. OT but I also chocked on my cornflakes yesterday when I realized that Lev Parnas is only 47 years old! He has the same hard living, unkept, 20 years older look as SA.

Wow. I don't think I ever completely internalized that. I wonder if sunscreen is in the same category as seat belts for SA...

Alright I couldn't get the doc to upload here but here is a link to where I've uploaded it to DocDroid

PLAINTIFFS’MOTION TO COMPEL DEFENDANT TO PRODUCEALL VIDEO FOOTAGE AND UNOPPOSED MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS UPON PRODUCTION OF VIDEO FOOTAGE
Wiegand vs RCCL CASE NO. 19-CV-25100-DLG filed 1/17/20

demand for all videos.pdf

Highlights include where Winky claims "Plaintiffs’ counsel(who is nearly identical in height and torso to Sam Anello)could not lean “out of the window frame” due to the distance between the railing and the window frame." but doesn't give any numbers for what SA or his own "height and torso" are. As well as the photo of Winky putting the Chloe doll ON THE WINDOW FRAME basically admitting SA did same.
This is so useless! Why is the guy not standing directly against the rail in the first pic. Like, uh, yeah, your head won’t go out the window if you don’t PUT IT OUT THE WINDOW. Dude can’t just *stand* there. He needs to Look. Out. The. Window. Extend your turtle neck, bro.

I really do love the way that he keeps contradicting himself.

From the Motion to strike, pages 2-3: "Aside from its blatant misrepresentations, however, is the fact that Royal Caribbean submitted evidence to the court without establishing the authenticity of such evidence."

From the Demand for All Videos:
hypocrisy much.png

How exactly can you claim to be using the same vantage point from camera that took the video, but then claim the video is "un-authenticated"?

"This photo shows the same view so clearly I can determine which camera it came from, but you can't prove that video is real or came from this camera because reasons"

The Chloe doll looks like a teen wearing a bikini :rolleyes: Disgusting.

That position is definitely dangerous whether SA's head/body were out of the window. Chloe never should have been lifted up to the open window.
And it really doesn’t matter if he didn’t dangle her, or she never breeched the window frame (which I believe he did both). Because if she did not that only means she pitched forward out the window. Because she was unsafely held up in a high window.

Could the judge in the civil case assign some percentage of fault and/or liability to SA even if he isn’t named?

Not in a judgement against him as he's not a named plaintiff or defendant, but as part of a judge's ruling on the case with RCCL saying SA is entirely responsible, assigning percentage fault would be a byproduct of this should the case go to trial and have a verdict. A verdict could for instance be 90% SA/10% RCCL and a divorced AW could sue SA based on this verdict. The Wiegands getting divorced wouldn't be surprising and right now I think the only thing holding back AW on SA is because SA is currently his FIL and he's not thrilled about the RCCL lawsuit and is only going along with it for his marriage.

I really do love the way that he keeps contradicting himself.

From the Motion to strike, pages 2-3: "Aside from its blatant misrepresentations, however, is the fact that Royal Caribbean submitted evidence to the court without establishing the authenticity of such evidence."

From the Demand for All Videos:
View attachment 226665

How exactly can you claim to be using the same vantage point from camera that took the video, but then claim the video is "un-authenticated"?

"This photo shows the same view so clearly I can determine which camera it came from, but you can't prove that video is real or came from this camera because reasons"

Didn't Winkleman himself authentic the videos by saying how upset they were with the videos leaking and calling for an investigation? If he didn't think the videos were authentic, why did he want this investigation?:
Family fuming after video of toddler falling from cruise ship leaked
This sort of thing I wonder if Winkleman could be sanctioned for where on one hand he puts out press releases attesting to the authenticity of the video to the point of calling for an internal affairs investigation into law enforcement while on the other hand filing a motion with the court challenging the authenticity of the video, which this seems like a knowingly bad faith motion.

However, the high profile of this case can probably land him more work and a steady gig on all the cable news shows as an expert whenever there is a cruise ship situation.
BBM

Interestingly, Winkleman has already established himself as a TV expert, but of course this case would simply add to his bonafides. You have to keep hustling, after all. ;)

Michael A. Winkleman is one of the nation’s top maritime lawyers. An active trial and appellate attorney, Mr. Winkleman is also a frequent contributing expert on maritime and cruise ship law. He has made more than 100 national television appearances regarding cruise ship law, including The Today Show, 20/20, Inside Edition, OutFront with Erin Burnett, Fox News Channel’s ‘American’s Newsroom,’ ‘Fox & Friends,’ ‘America Live,’ ‘Happening Now,’ ‘Justice with Judge Jeanine’; and ‘Imus in the Morning.’
BBM

Michael Winkleman - Miami, FL - Lawyer | Best Lawyers

This statement doesn't exactly seem to help SA's criminal case:
In fact, it was physically impossible for Sam to have had his head out of the window frame with his feet on the deck, as demonstrated in the photos below.
Assuming that's true, that further seems to establish SA's negligence.

So respectfully, IMHO, this case has nothing to do with being drunk, hot, fat, dementia, having shoulder neuropathy , blood flow, banging on or disappearing glass, getting a better view or anything else that Winkie and the Fam have brought up. I have thought that it has been about MONEY since I first heard about it. FWIW. JMO. MOO. Etc.

I didn't want to think that in the beginning, but the more I consider it now, I'm inclined to agree with you.

LOL. He’s younger than my 49 year old daughter (who also looks youthful which 49 is :)) and I choked too. But he’s packed a lot of hard high-roller living in, and the stress of being under federal indictment can’t help. :eek: His wife is beautiful though (in her early 30’s).

My DH just turned 75 and he looks younger than SA.

Mine’s also 75 and he looks younger too. I will say that genetics and good hair do help, but keeping active is also a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak