TX names Incels a domestic terror threat

Oh my. That write-up makes the author/SPLC appear even more like hysterical nutjobs than the people they're writing about. A large portion of what the author lists as "hate" is actually opinion. Much of it outlandish, yes, but still, OPINION. I can't take any link to SPLC seriously as I don't find SPLC to be objective and unbiased in their policing of what is/isn't "hate" or "extremist". For example:

"After years of smearing good people with false charges of bigotry, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has finally been held to account. A former Islamic radical named Maajid Nawaz sued the center for including him in its bogus “Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists,” and this week the SPLC agreed to pay him a $3.375 million settlement and issued a public apology..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ab7d60-756d-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html

Just as a head's up, this is an Opinion, not actual reporting. Here is the SPLC's statement, which does not contradict the op/ed, but definitely shows integrity in acknowledging their failure to get it right. I respect those who own their mistakes, apologize publicly, pay restitution, and continue doing work intended to help others. This is a rarity in this day and age, and preferable to the truculence, greed, and dishonesty shown by many. SPLC Statement

Last edited:
I just read the whole thing. This has to be a joke!!!

If only. These grifter clowns. Only "natural born biological women" are allowed to fork over $2000, and can look forward to learning how to be more feminine, and how to lose a few pounds as well :) I do wonder who would spend that kind of money for this experience.

Last edited:
Texas has far greater potential domestic threats than losers who can't get a GF.

But, of course, why discuss the elephant in the room, when you can focus on the fly flying around.

I used to work for a “Christian” man who belonged to that men’s group...though I did not stay not for very long. Found him most “Unchristian” like, as far as that means kind, charitable, forgiving, etc...Jmo...

This is also a subset of the "Men's rights Movement" which is another hate group.

Please go to the above link and post quote(s) here of what you believe is "hate". Just because you don't agree with what they say doesn't mean you get to label it "hate". Is it outrageous and could it be offensive? Sure. But hateful? Bottom line: no laws are being broken here, and as triggered and hysterical as you are over this convention at the end of the day it's just a silly workshop that most people aren't going to take seriously.

So again, please bring quotes here to prove that the 22 Convention is promoting hate.

You quoted (from my post) below:

A large majority of the people quoted on that site are white men that lean far to the right. If the concern of SPLC is truly battling misogyny, where are the quotes of all of the offensive degrading misogynistic violence-glorifying lyrics from rap and other categories of music in that article?

You responded:

bbm

I think all those quotes are objectively awful. And yes, that’s what they all have in common. Weird right?

And Oh, I get it. You told me all I need to know about how you feel. Makes total sense

LOL nope! That's not an answer! You're not getting off that easy! Again, if male supremacy is the true concern of the SPLC, where are all of the other examples of male supremacy that aren't white men who lean right? Again, why aren't violent and degrading (to women) rap/other music lyrics and those who promote it and make it mainstream pop culture being called out on their website? What about drug dealers and traffickers who pimp women out and use them as sex slaves being called out? Isn't that hate too? Isn't that terrorism? Isn't that "male supremacy"?

We have music and video, and pop culture in general, promoting the degradation and violence of women. We have a substance abuse crisis like we have never seen, to the state of it being a national emergency, a crisis which leaves women especially young girls vulnerable to being exploited especially sexually. But a few young men voicing their dating grievances on the chans is hate and terrorism and male supremacy!!!!! Come on now.

I’m sorry. I don’t believe hate speech, racism and sexism is an opinion. just like murder is not an act of personal expression.

Yelling fire in a theater isn’t free speech (one of many examples) and IMO purposeful hate speech that incels and MRA preach and radicalize young suggestible men with is no different. It holds no societal value and only causes damage. There has been tremendous rise in hate crimes perpetrated by them.

and yes they are being radicalized just like textbook terrorists (look at statistics of who commits 71% of domestic terrorism is in the US).

The mindset you are displaying above is a big problem in our world today. Some people simply cannot separate what is personally offensive vs. what is a crime. "I DON'T LIKE IT SO THEREFORE IT IS HATE!" There are a lot of viewpoints that I don't like, how nice it would be to label everything that I don't like "hate" and weaponize that to silence those who have opposing views. Do you not understand how dangerous this has the potential to become? Don't assume that it will always work in your favor. :)

Just as a head's up, this is an Opinion, not actual reporting. Here is the SPLC's statement, which does not contradict the op/ed, but definitely shows integrity in acknowledging their failure to get it right. I respect those who own their mistakes, apologize publicly, pay restitution, and continue doing work intended to help others. This is a rarity in this day and age, and preferable to the truculence, greed, and dishonesty shown by many. SPLC Statement

Respectfully, this is a "mistake" that should never have been made. The victim made several attempts to clear things up but was ignored. The SPLC should have known what they were doing was wrong. The victim only attained justice when he was forced to sue the SPLC so I'm sorry but their apology rings hollow to me.

I couldn't help but notice your signature, "No one is above the law...", but clearly SPLC believes that they are. It is reckless and unfair to publicly label a person as hateful or terrorist without giving them a chance to publicly defend themselves against those accusations. That is why we have the laws that we have, with courts, judges, etc. Clearly SPLC considers themselves above the law with their hate lists and hate maps. If the people on these lists have committed a crime, have them arrested and charged. Until then, how dare they?

Can I believe in men's rights & not be labeled a terrorist. Can't you believe in mens rights & not in male superiority?
Yes. Here is a good video by a trans woman explaining incels in an academic sense for anyone that s confused as to why incels are specifically a problem (think of the values and motivators of many jihadists, for example)

I do agree that the root cause needs to be dealt with rather than reacting to the result of that cause. This is a societal issue.

Yes. Here is a good video by a trans woman explaining incels in an academic sense for anyone that s confused as to why incels are specifically a problem (think of the values and motivators of many jihadists, for example)

I do agree that the root cause needs to be dealt with rather than reacting to the result of that cause. This is a societal issue.
Right. If we argue about what is and isn't hate, then we need to think about where hate comes from. What mindsets lead to actual crimes or institutionally-backed oppression? What are the steps along the way from mere words on SM or a grifter's convention to oppressive legislation or a mass shooting? Even if those steps are not crimes (and are indeed free speech), public censure of them is warranted, as we all have a role in creating a just, civil, and peaceful society.

Last edited:
Respectfully, this is a "mistake" that should never have been made. The victim made several attempts to clear things up but was ignored. The SPLC should have known what they were doing was wrong. The victim only attained justice when he was forced to sue the SPLC so I'm sorry but their apology rings hollow to me.

I couldn't help but notice your signature, "No one is above the law...", but clearly SPLC believes that they are. It is reckless and unfair to publicly label a person as hateful or terrorist without giving them a chance to publicly defend themselves against those accusations. That is why we have the laws that we have, with courts, judges, etc. Clearly SPLC considers themselves above the law with their hate lists and hate maps. If the people on these lists have committed a crime, have them arrested and charged. Until then, how dare they?

I see your points. But of course he had a chance to publicly defend himself. SPLC is a nonprofit. It is not a government entity. They did not oppress him or silence him. He wrote an op-ed, used social media, and used the courts. They did mislabel him. Then they set it straight and paid him. But he will be okay, at least career-wise. The evidence for that is that he is still ticking, leading British conversations 2 years later.

Of course the mistake shouldn't have been made. But mistakes are human reality. And they need to be owned and restitution made, even if it's at the behest of a court. In this case, it was. How many "mistakes" have been made by more powerful entities and have not been acknowledged, apologized for, or paid for, and who will manipulate the courts so they will never have to deal with he consequences? It's easy to pick on SPLC, because they are the ones who apologized and paid what the court told them to pay.

Honor is a weakness these days. Far better to claim that everyone else is to blame, never apologize, and act as though you are being oppressed when you aren't.

Last edited:
I see your points. But of course he had a chance to publicly defend himself. SPLC is a nonprofit. It is not a government entity. They did not oppress him or silence him. He wrote an op-ed, used social media, and used the courts. They did mislabel him. Then they set it straight and paid him. But he will be okay, at least career-wise. The evidence for that is that he is still ticking, leading British conversations 2 years later.

Of course the mistake shouldn't have been made. But mistakes are human reality. And they need to be owned and restitution made, even if it's at the behest of a court. In this case, it was. How many "mistakes" have been made by more powerful entities and have not been acknowledged, apologized for, or paid for, and who will manipulate the courts so they will never have to deal with he consequences? It's easy to pick on SPLC, because they are the ones who apologized and paid what the court told them to pay.

Honor is a weakness these days. Far better to claim that everyone else is to blame, never apologize, and act as though you are being oppressed when you aren't.

"Victimhood" as a status symbol. No one is more oppressed than...pick your "issue". I could really go down a rabbit hole here, but it would be off topic.

I'm happy to see this designation in TX and I hope other states follow. This isn't about men's rights. It's about potentially dangerous men who believe they're entitled to things simply because they are men. There are many forums that cater to incels and the "opinions" shared on these forums are deeply troubling. I believe we'll see a significant increase in this population as social media further erodes personal and actual social interactions between humans while promoting an unrealistic perception of people's lifestyles.

A good article here:

The Incel Movement

"Victimhood" as a status symbol. No one is more oppressed than...pick your "issue". I could really go down a rabbit hole here, but it would be off topic.
I’m sorry I don’t mean to offend but this laughably ignorant and wrong

there are certain groups who are oppressed on a systematic way to this day. And those group fight for equal rights to this day.

It takes a certain privilege to believe the world is fantasy bubble gum equal for everyone. because the reality it isn’t true and statistics back that up

I won’t argue with certain people here because their “beliefs” have been made clear as day.

again, I know some ppl here hve a different idea but I believe sexism (just like racism) is NOT an opinion and should not be treated as one.

Yelling fire in a theater isn’t just an opinion, Murder isn’t just a personal expression, (and unlike the quotes MRA and incel leaders argue and those beliefs, disturbingly, some ppl here want to defend for some reason) rape isn’t a right men should have.

I would hve thought that was a universal thought, but I guess not.

The mindset you are displaying above is a big problem in our world today. Some people simply cannot separate what is personally offensive vs. what is a crime. "I DON'T LIKE IT SO THEREFORE IT IS HATE!" There are a lot of viewpoints that I don't like, how nice it would be to label everything that I don't like "hate" and weaponize that to silence those who have opposing views. Do you not understand how dangerous this has the potential to become? Don't assume that it will always work in your favor. :)

So it’s dangerous to say sexism and racism are wrong and not a valid opinion?

okay......?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam