Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he shoved the coat in first, with glasses possibly inside the pocket. Then I think he probably pushed it out the opening with his feet.
I think Harley struggled quite a bit before losing consciousness and most likely pushed his coat and glasses out of the chimney during his struggle to free himself. Someone else also mentioned that he may have rolled his glasses into his jacket before throwing it down to see if it landed before descending. This seems plausible to me after reviewing the news reports and links about his death.

Wow, the protesters were hard to watch. They are entitled to their opinions but there are certainty more appropriate ways to demonstrate them.
Again, not expressing my feelings on the case, one way or another on what may have happened.
I just speculate on how the family will be able to go on afterwards. I couldn't imagine having to live there right across the street from where he was found and dealing with people that are going to show up like that.
I would be terrified to have people gathering outside my home like that and trying to deal with a death of a child on top of it is beyond my comprehension.

It was 9° and windy in Port Clinton, Ohio on the morning on December 20, at 6am when a 100 pound boy with zero body fat, no insulation from the cold, was (reportedly) told to walk 4 blocks to school. He didn't climb into a chimney to 'explore' to 'plan a party', or to steal something... He was desperately trying to get warm.

I am not too sure about that. I live in a small Ohio town like Port Clinton and we have no busses. Kids walk up to two miles to the school, and we have 45 lb kindergarteners doing it with their brothers and sisters. A kid doesn't think, "I'm cold, I'm going to hide in the chimney." They think "I'm cold, I better get to school fast." or "I'm cold, maybe if I stop by a neighbor's house I can get a ride." It was a small town so he likely knew someone along the route.

Santa goes down the chimney. It was a few days before Christmas. He likely didn't believe in Santa but kids are bombarded with people talking about Santa coming down the chimney. Especially since he had a 4 year old brother. A lot of Ohio schools were already out with their last day being the 19th so if he decided to hide out at a coffee shop or Walmart or whatever, nobody would say anything to him.

I think you have a valid point but I just can't see it working out that way. I really respect your opinions.

This thread has become very argumentative and has obviously become personal to many of us. Harley is the focus and the topic of discussion and his memory is being lost due to infighting. Let’s take a 15 minute break (me included)...breathe, get some fresh air, etc and remember why we are all here. I’ll reopen the thread in 15.

ETA: Ready for a fresh start? #HereForHarley

Last edited:
My cell won't let me pull this up. What is it?
It's basically a piece rehashing some of the things Chief Hickman had said throughout the case....with feigned moral outrage by a person on social media hemming and hawing at Chief Hickman and PCPD.

PC Chief Hickman at the scene of a protest Sunday in front of the home where missing teen Harley Dilly’s body was found, confirmed that two people were arrested for trespassing on the property. @toledonews

12:46PM - 1/19/20

Roberta Redfern on Twitter

From above link: confirmed that two people were arrested for trespassing on the property.

I'll refrain from posting my thoughts about these so-called protests, and just tiptoe back into the shadows........

My cell won't let me pull this up. What is it?

Here is the information from the Sandusky Register article (for anyone who is unable to access):
Sandusky Register

RSBM
On Sunday, roughly a dozen people gathered outside the vacant house (where Harley was found) with signs demanding answers.

The demonstrators had cardboard cutouts the size of the chimney to show how hard it would be for Dilly to fit through it. They also took issue with how the investigation was handled by Port Clinton police Chief Rob Hickman.

Many of the people came to show support for Dilly peacefully, but others clashed with those who believe the display was disrespectful to the family.

Some attendees engaged in arguments with Port Clinton residents by shouting across the street.

DILLY-RALLY-C-01192020-C-JPG.jpg

7958038038459619291-jpg.jpg

A screenshot of a Facebook video that appears to show Port Clinton police Chief Rob Hickman and an officer confronting a woman at a rally questioning the police's investigation into the disappearance of Harley Dilly.

People are saying a lot of made -up fiction regarding this case. Remember the rumors when LE and ambulance etc. were first near his house? Just false rumors overflowing. It's long-since absurd.
I guess this is aimed at the people out there who, for some reason, are simply making things up. It's crazy. It's still happening? Let him RIP RIH.
(I'm not saying it originates on WS.)

We don’t know why he left so early. If mom was in bed when he was talking to her and getting ready to leave, she really had no control over when he would leave the house. He could have stayed and hung out. Who knows what reason made him leave the house at such an early time. I think IMO if freezing was such a concern for him, he would have just stayed in the warm house for a bit longer before heading out. I’m not so sure he was very concerned over how cold it was.

my opinion is that Harley was not at home Thursday night. He left the friend’s house at 7 pm and was seen on camera at 6:08 Friday morning. That is all we know, and all we have been told.

he may have checked in with mom Friday morning, when he wanted to stay home, and was told to go to school. He was outside very early that Friday morning.

Thank You. I thought so, but with the way this case was handled I did kind of wonder. Especially after Chief Hickman's last presser. He really hasn't made it easy for people not to speculate,and wonder. Sad to say. I wish someone higher up can do the presser's from now on.
MOO
Im guessing the sledgehammer was used by LE to break down the wall that has been mentioned.

People are saying a lot of made -up fiction regarding this case. Remember the rumors when LE and ambulance etc. were first near his house? Just false rumors overflowing. It's long-since absurd.
I guess this is aimed at the people out there who, for some reason, are simply making things up. It's crazy. It's still happening? Let him RIP RIH.
(I'm not saying it originates on WS.)
Yes, it is still happening. There are those that can not and will not let that boy rest. And they will stop at nothing to attack that family and LE.

I do recall the fiction when police were swarmed at that house on Fulton St.
I was one that mentioned something heavily speculated that turned out to be completely untrue on here.

I am 100% standing corrected. I was wrong. So very wrong.
Mr and Mrs Dilly are totally innocent. They had nothing to do with the disappearance, and death of their son.
No amount of mental gymnastics by anybody will change that. But dang Skippy, there are some sick ppl out there that just keep trying.

Im guessing the sledgehammer was used by LE to break down the wall that has been mentioned.
Exactly -- how else were they to extract him from inside the chimney?

I think these protests are getting out of control. First, the petition for parents to be charged with negligence and now this. :eek: If every dysfunctional family investigated it would require a new supplement of forces and jails across the country!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member