Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about that? I’m not good at geometry but I thought it would be 8” across making it 4” from the center.
Oooh!! Noooooo, now that you say that, I am absolutely not sure about that at all. Sorry, I am terrible at math. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry, sorry. I am not a math person. Although, it still seems like glasses no problem to get out and a coat being fabric could go through. (And did.) But ya, might be less big of a hole than I envisioned. Thanks. ;)

I get the impression from reading a few articles about accidental positional asphixiation (assuming that's what happened), death could have occurred fairly quickly. Unconsciousness within 30 minutes. Especially if he was upside down too. If his chest was compressed due to cramped space (fixed expiration), then add in the issues with blood circulation due to gravity, I don't think he would have survived more than an hour or two. JMO and my fervent hope that he didn't suffer long.

Here's an example: 'Burglar' suffocated to death after becoming trapped in chimney of

An 8 inch diameter if you think about it, is somewhat large. It's 8 inches from every direction. Not big enough for a child to squeeze through especially with no room to maneuver, but big enough for glasses and even a malleable coat.

Are you sure about that? I’m not good at geometry but I thought it would be 8” across making it 4” from the center.

Four inches from the center is still eight inches across. And from every direction of the chimney.

That said, I don't recall reading anything saying that the flue opening the coat and glasses came out of, was 8" .. is that a presumption on our part or did I miss it?

Of course, but they didn’t even try. I’m not saying they should have broken the door down and ransacked the place. Just a nice little phone call asking “may we please enter your unoccupied residence to ensure a missing teen didn’t find his way in somehow and meet his demise” shouldn’t have been too much to ask.
ITA. Once they did finally decide to check it out, they got permission Right away. Without protest,or question. One thing I would like to know is did the sniffer dogs lead them to that house, when they were searching with them??????? IIRC didn't the chief say they went over there more than once. Just how many times did they go over there???? How many times did he block searches,say we got this???? Give us a couple more days?????

What makes these protesters think there was a bloody sledgehammer?How do they know that it wasn't just a red sledgehammer? I imagine after all the police have gone through they are pretty ticked off at all the allegations by these protesters.

Agreed. I pray he did not suffer long. It makes me feel short of breath just imagining how he must have felt when he realized he was trapped and no one knew where he was.

I get so frustrated reading about so many cases where LE just didn’t do something right. It’s 2020, yet some of the ways they treat certain cases is like it’s 1972.

What did they not do “right”?

I get it. Especially this case with him not being able to breathe. I had part of my right lung cut out in June. Talk about taking your breath away. Poor kid. I can’t even imagine the panic.

They say there is no more of a painful surgery- I’m so sorry you went through that, I hope you are 100% well now.

What makes these protesters think there was a bloody sledgehammer?How do they know that it wasn't just a red sledgehammer? I imagine after all the police have gone through they are pretty ticked off at all the allegations by these protesters.
I don't like how they are going about this,or them putting out crap like that. However if they could have confidence in the investigation,and yes Chief Hicknan, they wouldn't have fuel for their Dumpster fire.
MOO

Are there any links in regard to Harley's backpack?
Did they find it??
Was it ever located?

I’m just waiting for the homeowner to be blamed for having a fireplace in the house, having a chimney, having a vacant house, pick one.

I believe that LE making the statement it appeared to be an accident and is still under investigation is CYA until all tests are done and LE is completely satisfied based on science and forensics that it’s exactly what happened. To make a statement before all tests are in would be irresponsibl
Yes obviously. I was just noting that the sledgehammer was brought there BY the police, rather than taken OUT of the residence like the 'protesters' are claiming.
Like I suggested earlier, it was probably used to break down the wall/bricks to get inside the chimney.

We have to remember too that the toxicology report is not back yet.If the toxicology report comes back positive, the investigation will continue for some time. I believe that is one of the things the Chief has on his mind when he says it's an ongoing investigation.
Would I be surprised if it came back positive ? No ,I really pray it doesn't, but, would not be surprised.
Take it with a grain of salt, because I can't put the youtube video up of Harley using the term shrooms, because it was taken down. Needless to say Rest in Peace Harley, you have touched many including me.
I'm quoting myself here, because I want to apologize about writing what I did about Harley using the term "SHROOMS" . I am totally wrong about that and it was brought to my attention, and then I went back and saw that was already discussed in a thread. My sincere apology , I heard it wrong. Please forgive me :(

He apparently wasn’t carrying his backpack, it’s not visible on the surveillance image.

I say this cautiously and with uncertainty...It was suggested in an earlier post that on the evening of Thursday, Dec 19th, Harley’s friend’s Dad suggested he go home after spending the evening there. It was getting late and apparently Harley may have been worried to go home and wake his mom to get in. It was then suggested he may have been out all night, and spoke to his mom perhaps through the door very early in the morning on the 20th.

Exhausted and cold, he may have at the point said, I don’t want to go to school but mom didn’t agree. Maybe she thought he was just returning from an evening at his friend’s house. It’s been said he was wearing the same clothing as the evening before.

I have no idea the validity of this story whatsoever. This could however explain why he didn’t have a backpack and why he “left” so early.

I'm quoting myself here, because I want to apologize about writing what I did about Harley using the term "SHROOMS" . I am totally wrong about that and it was brought to my attention, and then I went back and saw that was already discussed in a thread. My sincere apology , I heard it wrong. Please forgive me :(

I had to listen a few times too.

UltimateGamingJr

BBM

~snip
The rally started about 10 a.m. at the house, which is also near the Dilly youth’s family home. Protesters got in and out of their cars to warm up and rejuvenate themselves. They waved signs at people passing in cars and called out “Justice for Harley.”

“We aren’t here to hurt anyone or cause problems,” said protester Brittney Sanderfer, of Sandusky, who held a 9-by-13-inch frame to show the size of the chimney police say the Dilly youth entered sometime after he went missing on Dec. 20. “We are just here to get answers so we can have a community that is at ease, at peace.”

Nearby, Port Clinton Police Chief Rob Hickman sat in his vehicle. He declined to comment on the investigation, but said he was near the house Sunday to ensure things were peaceful.

“Their theory is we screwed up the investigation. People are entitled to their opinion but there is only so much we can say right now, he said. “I feel the worst for the family right now; they aren’t allowed to grieve Harley.”

Chief Hickman confirmed that two people were arrested during the protest for trespassing onto the Fulton Street property during the event.

Port Clinton patrol officer Mike Wilburn also policed the scene. He disagreed with the group’s assessment that the chief and his investigators botched the investigation.

“I don’t think [Hickman] left any stone unturned,” he said.

People supporting the Dilly family and Port Clinton police also showed Sunday, holding up signs criticizing the protesters.

Live videos posted to the Facebook page for the Fisherman's Wharf bait and tackle shop in Port Clinton show a couple of individual counter-protesters holding signs. One man can be seen holding a crucifix and heard yelling at protesters across the street to "let him rest in peace," "please go home," and "leave his family alone."

~snip

More of the article and video at link:

House where Harley Dilly's body was found becomes stage for protests

Last edited:
I'm hoping this posts correctly, THIS IS NOT THE FLU THAT IS IN THE HOME THAT HARLEY WAS FOUND. It is a flu in my home.The flue was once used to vent a gas water heater. It is 6" across as the person reporting said some of the flus are 6" and some 8".
First pic is flu hole covered with cover, 2nd pic is cover removed and the 2 clamps that get inserted in hole,3rd pic is me measuring flu,6" in diameter, and last pic is of flu without cover.It goes directly into our chimney which is 8X13. BUT we have a fireplace that gets vented to that chimney also. I have no idea how it would get closed off, maybe someone else knows.

Attachments

• GEDC0281.JPG
    GEDC0281.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 65
  • GEDC0279.JPG
    GEDC0279.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 69
  • GEDC0280.JPG
    GEDC0280.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 69
  • GEDC0278.JPG
    GEDC0278.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 56
Are there any links in regard to Harley's backpack?
Did they find it??
Was it ever located?

IIRC, it was never reported if Harley had his backpack with him that day. In the still photo from the video surveillance of that morning he didn’t appear to have one and the video footage itself was not released.

Some speculated since it was the last day of school before Christmas break most kids wouldn’t be carrying their backpacks anyway because there wasn’t much going on at school that day other than an assembly.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member