Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an ancestry account, that can do some research? I currently don't have mine active (trying to save $$$).

I came across someone who was buried in Chenango, Brazoria County, but I think it is possible that the person died earlier in the year in Winona, TX. This would have been about 6 years prior to Princess Blue being found. There appears to be a trooper and another person (non-relative) listed in the obituary I found. It doesn't list a first name for this individual and doesn't list any other individuals. If I'm correct--I think its possible, this person could be the same person who is buried in Brazoria County.

Edit to add: I thought these could be the same person, the person buried in Brazoria County is female, while the person with the same last name who died the same year, is male. The last name is NOT a common name to my knowledge, so to have 2 people die in the same year with the same last name, in the same general area still warrants more research.

I started my research on the basis that there have been many UID's found with no living relatives, so I decided to pursue that avenue, but I'm stuck since I don't have my account active at this time.

Please PM me and I will give you details.

Of course--I could be all wrong and this could be another wrong lead.

Edit to add--I read Princess Blue's autopsy again last night and the examiner noted mongoloid features which would include Native Americans.

"Extrernal Appearance: The body was that of a totally skeletonized human remains which consisted of the entire skull with nonprominant frontal ridges or mastoid process. The nasal aperture were those of a caucasion configuration and the upper arch was U-shaped, resembling mongoloid character"

Last edited:
Bumping off my last post--has the following been considered for Princess Blue?

Christine Lester, Female, American Indian -- May 5, 1987--Missing From--Indian Wells, Arizona
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Amy Marie Johnson, Female, American Indian -- May 22, 1986--Missing From Livingston, Montana

Lisa A Farmer, Female, Multiple -- August 2, 1983--Missing From Lawton, Oklahoma

Lorelee Sue Lhotka, Female, Uncertain-- January 1, 1975 -- Missing From Seattle, Washington

Linda Ann Miller, Female, American Indian -- July 1, 1973 -- Missing From San Rafael, California
In 2001, Linda Miller was reported missing by her sister. She reported Linda Miller went to Guadalajara Mexico in July, 1973 with a male friend possibly named "Cary Kristal" and she never returned.
(Perhaps they made their way to Texas to get to Mexico??)
IMHO---the 2nd picture on NamUS looks very similar to the UID.

Last but not least---
Tina Marie Finley, Female, American Indian -- March 7, 1988 -- Missing From Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation, Idaho
Again--IMHO---the 2nd and 3rd pictures on NamUS look very similar to the UID.

I can't get over the similar features to Princess Blue in all of the Native American women that are missing. The puffiness in the lips, the wider nose, and the more narrow eyelids (I don't know how to explain that any better)

I went back to these women, and looked at Tina Finley again.

She would have been a young teen in 1975.

Might she have owned the class ring herself? If not hers, perhaps it belonged to a friend or someone she was involved with? Do we know anything about her other than details in NAMUS? Did she always live on the Reservation where she went missing from?

Has Julie Lynn Seay ever been proposed?

Demographics
Missing Age 24 Years

Sex Female
Height 4' 11" - 5' 0" (59 - 60 Inches)
Weight 97 - 103 lbs
Race / Ethnicity Asian
Julie seay.JPG Capture_Julie.JPG
Date of Last Contact December 26, 1988
Daytona Beach, Florida

Julie left work in Daytona Beach and never returned to her apartment. We missed her Christmas Day of 1988 when she didn't show up for a Christmas gathering.

Bumping off my post on Julie Seay....

A suspect in her case has lived in the Houston Area. One of his former residences was in Bellaire, Tx approximately 24 minutes from where Princess Blue was found...

The family has a FB page set up for her. The suspect information is posted on that page.

FIND JULIE Braswell SEAY

I've sent a message to the admin of the page to see if they recognize the jewelry. I'll post back if and when I hear something.

Bumping off my post on Julie Seay....

A suspect in her case has lived in the Houston Area. One of his former residences was in Bellaire, Tx approximately 24 minutes from where Princess Blue was found...

The family has a FB page set up for her. The suspect information is posted on that page.

FIND JULIE Braswell SEAY

I've sent a message to the admin of the page to see if they recognize the jewelry. I'll post back if and when I hear something.

Here is a recent report and appeal about the missing person mentioned in the above post:

Woman pleads for answers in Christmas 1988 disappearance of sister-in-law Julie Braswell Seay

Her Facebook is so sad. They all are, but I felt particularly moved reading entries there. Would love for her friends & family to have closure.

I've submitted Julie as a possible match given all the circumstances. Similar facially, suspect moved within 24 mile radius of where Princess Doe was found, height is in the range, and DOD is within the time frame, as well as the autopsy stating Mongolian features.

does anyone know if there is a way to find closed missing persons cases from houston from the early 90ies? i'd like to know if someone was identified that would have matched her description.

It seems like Julie's family is deep into trying to find Julie which leads me to ask if they have submitted their DNA and if so has it been entered into CODIS? If so, it should be compared to Princess Blue's automatically. It is worth asking.

Has Julie Lynn Seay ever been proposed?

Demographics
Missing Age 24 Years

Sex Female
Height 4' 11" - 5' 0" (59 - 60 Inches)
Weight 97 - 103 lbs
Race / Ethnicity Asian
View attachment 223655 View attachment 223656
Date of Last Contact December 26, 1988
Daytona Beach, Florida

Julie left work in Daytona Beach and never returned to her apartment. We missed her Christmas Day of 1988 when she didn't show up for a Christmas gathering.

Michelle seems to be much taller than is noted on
Princess Blue's statistics.

Yes, Michelle is taller. I'm not going as far as suggesting her as a match. Only adding her for consideration to the profile BCA created. This is so cold, I feel it doesn't hurt to take a few minutes to look at others, right?

Michelle's jewelry is interesting to me.

Michelle's jewelry: "an engagement ring, an onyx ring and some turquoise rings. "

Princess Blue was found with this ring. It could possibly be an engagement/wedding band:

Screenshot_20200120-080330_kindlephoto-2356158.png

A popular setting/style for onyx rings resembles the Class ring. Could it be *possible* Michelle had a class ring? I'm not sure why she might have it, just throwing it out there as *possible*.

This is NOT Michelle's ring. I can't find info about the style. It's merely a common style, and I found that interesting.

Screenshot_20200120-075840_kindlephoto-2071329.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-075436_kindlephoto-1820309.png
    Screenshot_20200120-075436_kindlephoto-1820309.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 3
I agree it doesn't hurt to add Michelle to the list and check everything you can connect anything. What are the pro's and cons of being Princess Blue?

The rings are interesting but to me, Princess Blue's rings appear to be lower quality but it's really hard to tell from the images.

Keep up the great work!

I do hold out hope that Princess Blue will be identified someday.

I sure wish they forensic DNA on her, there has been so many advancements made since Princess Blue's last forensic autopsy in 2007 (I believe). Also, since they are still holding her body they could easily do more tests. What about the tests that by the isotopes in teeth they can narrow down the places someone lived. Any of could be a big help in finding out her identity.

It would be a big help.

It's also possible PB was never reported missing. I know we have seen a few additions in the past year with women who went missing in the 70s finally being formally reported and added.

The jewelry is a tough call. I agree with you that PB's looks inexpensive. It's hard to know if Michelle's rings were better quality. It sounds like her life might have been hard.

Is there any way for you to find out what Michelle's onyx ring looked like? It wouldn't hurt to ask LE or the person who is i charge of her NamUs file?

It would be a big help.

It's also possible PB was never reported missing. I know we have seen a few additions in the past year with women who went missing in the 70s finally being formally reported and added.

The jewelry is a tough call. I agree with you that PB's looks inexpensive. It's hard to know if Michelle's rings were better quality. It sounds like her life might have been hard.

Yes, I will do that right now.

There is also a former neighbor/friend posting in her thread, so I will ask there too in case they remember.

This is a write-up of all the information I could find on Princess Blue, within the official networks as well as websleuths. I am trying to quote the sources as much as possible. If something is missing, kindly let me know. The facts that I consider most plausible are highlighted in green for better visibility. Please note that these markings are my personal opinion. This thread is not finished. It will be updated, especially as I have not gone through all the potential matches and their current status.

Case Summary: PRINCESS BLUE

sketches-png.239239

Reconstruction of the decedent by the Manvel Police Department
Colored Version by EmilyHTX from Websleuths

composite-png.239242

Composite by TmmEye

NCIC Case Number: U600005786
NamUs Case Number: 989
NCMEC Case Number:1184258

MP / UID Networks:
Doe Network [DN] 137UFTX: 137UFTX
NamUs [NAMUS] #UP989: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NCMEC [NCMEC] 1184258: Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1990
Texas Department of Public Safety [TXDPS]: unDetails

Press:
Houston Press [HP]: Cold Case

Date of Discovery: September 10, 1990; 5 p.m. [HP]
Location of Discovery: Manvel, Brazoria County, Texas
"located at a dump site off County Road 101 and State Highway 288 near Manvel, Texas" [NCMEC]
Estimated Date of Death: 6 months - 1 year prior
Thread on Wheather Conditions: Weather factors in Brazoria County, TX
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age:
  • DoeNetwork: 15-25 years old
  • Texas MP Clearhouse Online Bulletin: 16 - 22 years old
  • NamUs: 15-19 years old
  • NCMEC: 15-19
  • HP: 17-21 years old
  • WB1: 17-21 years old
Race:
  • DoeNetwork: It is likely she Biracial (White and Black). It is likely she had a parent or grandparent who was Black. Originally believed to be Hispanic.
  • Texas MP Clearhouse Online Bulletin: White.
  • NamUs: White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino.
  • NCMEC: Hispanic
Height:
  • DoeNetwork: 4'10" - 5'3"
  • Texas MP Clearhouse Online Bulletin: 4'10" - 5' 2"
  • NamUs: 5' 0"
  • HP referring to original autopsy report: 4'8" to 5'2"
  • HP referring to ore current report: >4'11"
  • WB1: 4'11" to 5'3"
Weight: Unknown, but likely slim to medium build.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two fractured ribs; and a defect on a bone beneath her left knee. The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.

Full Autopsy Report:
Princess Blue's autopsy report

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. There were several teeth with untreated caries, and two amalgam fillings. Tooth #10, an upper left, lateral incisor, which is right next to her two front most teeth was surgically removed prior to death and the corresponding space was partially obliterated by mature bone. For exhaustive report see: Princess Blue's dentals

princessteeth-png.239248

Sketch by me, I'm not a dentist, so I can not guarantee it is correct.

Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry:

jewellery-png.239243

• One pearl, beaded bracelet.
  • Six rings.
    • One gold band ring with six clear stones [DN]; Yellow band with 6 clear stones [NAMUS]; Yellow Gold Band with 6 clear jewels/stones [NCIC]
    • one silver band with a scroll design [DN]; White colored band with scroll pattern [NAMUS]; White Gold Band With Scroll Design [NCIC]
    • two thin silver bands [DN]; White colored bands [NAMUS]; Two Thin White Gold Bands [NCIC]
    • one silver-colored ring with a turquoise horse or unicorn [DN]; a white gold ring with turquoise unicorn [NAMUS].
    • One 1975 class ring, size 9 1/2, of Robert E. Lee High School (now the Margaret Long Wisdom High School), located in Houston. This ring has a blue stone with a silver colored, inexpensive metal band. It is unknown whether or not there were ever engravings on the inner side of the ring's band. The ring was up sized twice, which would have removed evidence of previous engravings. However, it does have an inlaid, "L" which many students chose as an option that year that stands for the school mascot, Robert E. Lee himself.
      "We're going to look at the facts. The class ring was found near the body but we can't prove this class ring really had anything to do with this person," Meshell said. [WBS1]

Additional Personal Items: None.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located on a pile of debris ("in a mound of dead vegetation and trash" [HP]) at the end of a Brazoria County Road 101 ("a mostly unpaved and minor trail " [HP]) just east of Highway 288 inside the Manvel city limits on September 10, 1990.

The skeleton was found by a man who had pulled off the highway to relieve himself ("person looking for bottles and cans" see [WBS1]). He stepped behind a barricade ("a low-slung barbed-wire fence" [HP]) and saw a skull in an old tire.

"I remember the tires. I remember her skull being under a tire. I remember her being disarticulated and everywhere, which is what it's going to be when you're out in the country," Wingo said. [WBS1]

No purse, wallet, clothing or hair were located around the skeleton, six rings were on the fingers, and a bracelet around her wrist.

The company that made Robert E. Lee High School's (now Margaret Long Wisdom High School) rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 had about 300 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else, as the female would likely have been too young to have graduated in 1975.

Toxicology tests yielded no trace of opiates in her bone marrow. However, it is unknown whether or not other drugs were present, tested for or could have been tested for.

The female is known as "Princess Blue" for the class ring she wore.

The autopsy was conducted by Dr. Eduardo Bellas with the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office. [HP]

Possible Matches:
ALBERTI, Babette [HP] ?
MONTEIRO, Christina M. ?

BAIN, Elizabeth - Elizabeth Bain, 22 - Missing Since: 19 June 1990 from Scarborough ON
BARNETT, Teresa Lanette - Teresa Lanette Barnett, 30 - Missing Since: 7 Aug 1987 from Marshall TX
CHANDLER, Christina Jeanette - TX - Christine Jeanette Chandler, 29 , missing time frame varies 1989-90, Fort Worth, TX:
FINLEY, Tina Marie [WBS2] - Possible match - Tina Marie Finley, 25 - Missing Since: 7 March 1988 from Benewah County ID
FISHBACH, Theresa M. - Possible match - Theresa M. Fishbach, 17 - Missing Since: May 24 1986 from Spring TX
GILKERSON, June - TX - June Gilkerson missing since November 08 1986
JEFFREY, Lynn - Jeffrey Lynn Smith, 15 - Missing Since: 4 December 1985 from Hot Springs AR
JONES-SEVERANCE, Ruth Marie - Possible match - TX - Ruth Marie Jones-Severance, 25, Houston, 11-Dec-1982
JONES, Theresa Vernelle [WBS2]
MANCIA, Mirian - Teresa Lanette Barnett, 30 - Missing Since: 7 Aug 1987 from Marshall TX
MALLARI, Anna JOVITA [WBS2] - Possible match - Anna Jovita Mallari, 24 - Missing Since: 1 Dec 1988 from El Paso TX
MORENO, Sophia Felecita - Sophia Felecita Moreno (16) - Bryan TX, 1979
KNOX, Marjorie Alice - Possible match - Marjorie Alice Knox, 14 - Missing Since: 14 Feb 1987 from El Paso TX
PORRIN, Tamara Dawn - Tamara Dawn Porrin, 15 - Missing Since: 22 Nov 1986 from DuBois PA
YOCOM, Rhonda - Rhonda Lynn Yocom - missing since February 7, 1985
DEAN, Deborah Lois - Deborah Lois Dean, 24 - Missing Since: 3 May 1985 from St Louis MO
OSBORN, Patricia Anne - Patricia Anne Osborn, 19 - Missing Since: 28 Oct 1983 from Seattle WA
WARREN, Ramona - Possible match - Ramona Warren, 24 - Missing Since: Feb 1991 from Greensboro NC

Ruled Out:
BARTON, Jennifer Joyce - Ruled out - Dentals
BEARD, Rebecca Jean [WBS2]
BERGERON, Lurline M - Ruled out - Lurline M. Bereron was ruled out based on the date she last seen. The date she was last seen (July 1, 1991) was after Princess Blue had been found (September 10,1990). Lurline's case may need to be revisited as sometimes dates listed as last seen may not be accurate.
BILLIG, Amy - Ruled out - Dentals
BOOTH, Kristy Lynn - Ruled out - DNA
BYERS, Teresa Marie
CAMPBELL, Elizabeth Ann - Ruled out - Dentals
CHEATHAM, Kimberly Shawn - Ruled out - DNA
CLITHEROE, Dorothy Mildred - Ruled out - DNA
DE LA ROSA, Krista [NAMUS]
DUNN, Martha Wes - Ruled out - DNA
GRIMM, Linda Rose - Ruled out - Dentals
HERRON, Pinkie Mae Davis - Ruled out - DNA
JASTER, Paulette
FULLER READ, Ashley [WBS2]
KROH, Tracy [NAMUS]
LIGHT, Lorraine Mihl - Ruled out - Dentals
MOCK, Misty Michelle - Ruled out - Dentals
MURPHY, Kathleen - Ruled out - DNA
NORWOOD, Kimberly - Ruled out - DNA
PFEIFER, Elizabeth Ann - Ruled out - Dentals
PHILLIPS, Angela Faye - Ruled out - DNA (Found Deceased CW39 Houston)
PHILLIPS, Babette [NAMUS]
PRIDDY, Wanda Lee Ann - Ruled out - Dentals
PYLE PETERS, Dean [NAMUS]
RAMBER, Sandra Kay - Ruled out - DNA
REED, Ashley Fuller - Ruled out - DNA
RICHARDSON, Dorothy Jean - Ruled out - DNA
RICHERSON, Suzanne Rene - Ruled out - Dentals
RIDINGER, Simone Stephanie - Ruled out - Dentals
RISENHOOVER, Tammy Dawn - Ruled out - DNA
ROBERSON, Blanca Eliza
SIKES, Shelley Kathleen - Ruled out - Dentals
SHEPARD RODRIGUEZ, Pearl - Possible match - Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez, 17, August 1 1987, Angelina County TX
SNYDER, Carol Sue - Ruled out - DNA and/or Dentals
STEWART, Debra Kay - Ruled out - DNA
SUTHERLAND, Ginger Anne - Ruled out - Dentals
THOMAS, Michelle Doherty - Ruled out - DNA
VELASQUEZ, Maria Trinidad - Ruled out - DNA

Suspects / POI:
Roy Alan Stuart

Investigating Agency(s):
For current information, please refer to the links provided at the top.

Links

News Articles:

[WBS1]: Media Links Only - *No Discussion*

Cases, that can not be ruled out:
[WBS2]: Possible match - Alphabetical List of Cases Submitted That Can't Be Ruled Out

Teeth Report:
[WBS3] Princess Blue's dentals

Alphabetical List of Rule-Outs:
[WBS4] Ruled out - Alphabetical List of Those Ruled Out

Attachments

• sketches.png
    sketches.png
    615.7 KB · Views: 89
  • composite.png
    composite.png
    99 KB · Views: 89
  • jewellery.png