Found Deceased AZ - Corey Bailey, 31, remote area near Castle Hot Springs, 29 Dec 2019

Looks like someone started a missing page for him. Missing Corey Bailey
That has to have been started by Jessica, his wife. She's been keeping her online presence low in regards to this as she's been contacted by so many news outlets, "psychics", and other random people. The page is probably the best way to filter it.

From NAMUS “Corey was described as an avid hiker, survivalist and expressed a desire to live a self sustainable life style.“

@Billi@m I have read all of your comments. Do you believe in your heart of hearts that he would disappear for this long with intent?
I wouldn't put it past him, but I doubt he'd go about it this way. No goodbyes, no contact, and he left his car at the repair shop and stuck his wife with the bill in his absence. THAT, more than anything else, is the most out of character action if this were a voluntary choice.

I’m sorry about your friend. The longer this goes on, the least likely it is they he took some “me” time.

The only thing I can think of is he got sick and one of the cave dwellers has been nursing him back to health. Yeh, I have a hard time believing it too. I’m trying.

@Billi@m keep this in mind...just because police say they do not suspect foul play - ain’t necessarily so.
I'm not exactly the most trusting person of government agency. They've a use, but aren't perfect. I know they can and will lie to loved ones, but trust me, Jessica ain't no fool. She can tell when someone is being less than honest and probably even why.

Great. I was concerned about the dude with the weapon too.

One of my habits in researching a case is to look at most recent posts in the area. Insta and Snapchat if available. I was kinda curious if he might be in the background of a pic was my whole point. I hope someone does a full and thorough investigation, not just a search.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. May we all have a loyal friend like you.

In looking at recent Insta posts, one that caught my attention is a video of an area which is the dirt road that runs along the Castle Hot Springs Hotel property. I can tell you that the Hotel staff accommodations are old shipping containers repurposed as living quarters and storage units. IMO MOO

Last edited:
@Billi@m One thing you might consider is to take the offer up from this guy in comments about drone help. Yavapai County Sheriff's Office

I have to say— I agree with the other commenters. I don’t understand not reporting him missing right away.
Thanks for the link. Honestly, I wouldn't have been worried about Corey for that long either. He's incredibly independent and self sufficient. He was also grieving at the time so even more alone time would just be natural for him. They probably only reported him missing when they did because he left his phone behind and they had no way to check up on him.

Hey everyone ... screenshots and discussing non-approved social media is not allowed. Please review WS Social Media rules (link to The Rules in my signature).

Tricia and Beach are doing the verifications as quickly as possible, so please be patient. In the meantime, do not post any inside information until you are approved as a Verified Insider.

Regarding not receiving notification about removal of posts, we do not always have time to provide a reason for each and every post that is removed, along with all the responses. Rest assured, if your post disappeared ... a moderator will have reviewed it and there will be a valid reason.

ETA: Just an FYI ... I have checked back on moderation actions and there have been no posts removed prior to the ones I have just deleted tonite.

Thank you. I should also mention that he's officially registered as a missing person with namus now. Idk when that occurred, but here's the link.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Disappearance
On 12/28/2019 Corey Bailey went on a hike in a remote area of Castle Hot Springs, AZ with three other men known to him. During the hike, all three men stated Corey left the party, hiked up a hill and disappeared out of sight. After a few minutes Corey shouted to the group, "don't wait for me." Corey has not been seen or heard from since. Corey was described as an avid hiker, survivalist and expressed a desire to live a self sustainable life style.

Billi@m, do you know what hill that was? ^^^

The photo below and others like it were posted to Corey's FB back in 2010. And, I realize that this is not the same area where he went missing, but I'm wondering if this is what he was doing when he went up the hill and disappeared? Could he have fallen?

59320_1265147327141_6139640_n.jpg

Source: Corey Bailey

MOO

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 12/28/2019 Corey Bailey went on a hike in a remote area of Castle Hot Springs, AZ with three other men known to him. During the hike, all three men stated Corey left the party, hiked up a hill and disappeared out of sight. After a few minutes Corey shouted to the group, "don't wait for me." Corey has not been seen or heard from since. Corey was described as an avid hiker, survivalist and expressed a desire to live a self sustainable life style.

Billi@m, do you know what hill that was? ^^^

The photo below and others like it were posted to Corey's FB back in 2010. And, I realize that this is not the same area where he went missing, but I'm wondering if this is what he was doing when he went up the hill and disappeared? Could he have fallen?

59320_1265147327141_6139640_n.jpg

Source: Corey Bailey

MOO
According to his wife, this is the slope. She says she's not sure, but that cactus is probably 25 feet tall for scale. Tho, if he fell there, that would be a very short search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-102642_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-102642_Messenger.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20200122-102732_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-102732_Messenger.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20200122-102741_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-102741_Messenger.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 116
Hey everyone ... screenshots and discussing non-approved social media is not allowed. Please review WS Social Media rules (link to The Rules in my signature).

Tricia and Beach are doing the verifications as quickly as possible, so please be patient. In the meantime, do not post any inside information until you are approved as a Verified Insider.

Regarding not receiving notification about removal of posts, we do not always have time to provide a reason for each and every post that is removed, along with all the responses. Rest assured, if your post disappeared ... a moderator will have reviewed it and there will be a valid reason.

ETA: Just an FYI ... I have checked back on moderation actions and there have been no posts removed prior to the ones I have just deleted tonite.
Sorry, I just saw this post after I shared the above images. I hope it isn't another breach on my part. I'm willing to repost After being verified if removed to answer PommyMommy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back