Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I cannot wrap my head around is they didn't often know where he was that he'd leave overnight often. He didn't text/call ask permission first or at least tell them where he was going or at? He is still a minor so knowing where your minor teen is should be top priority for a parent, correct?
I don't think it has been said that 'he would leave overnight often', but rather that it has happened before, and more than once (which doesn't necessarily equate to 'often', imo). We also don't know if he let his parents know where he was at during those other times. Imho, the only reason it is mentioned is because it is an important piece of information that parents and police will consider when evaluating the perceived risk that HD may have been subject to at that time.

Because he *had* done this in the past, his situation would have been evaluated differently than for a child who had *never* done this before, or a much younger child, etc. The parents knew their child well enough to know that he wouldn't have 'run away from home', however they did know that it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that he may have stayed with a friend because he was reportedly PO'd about his phone not being replaced immediately when it was broken.

My youngest boy did this as well a couple of times when he was in grade nine, and I used to try to get it through to him that in doing so, (aside from making me sick with worry) police and others would be less likely to take it seriously in a timely enough manner if he ever DID run into *real* trouble and really did become 'missing' at some point. It seems that HD did have a grasp of the relationship between actions and consequences, however sometimes some of his wants and needs overtook his common sense in the moment (impulsivity is very common in kids with ADHD, imo).

His inner struggle is clearly witnessed in his 'I'm Scared' youtube video, when he laments about the decisions he'd made in having chosen to stay outside instead of going with his mom as requested to pick up a friend (3:50). At one point, you can see the struggle within when he says, 'no I'm not gonna do it, I'm not gonna do it'.. (around 5:36 - I believe he was referring to asking for likes and 'subs' at the time - again jmo).

Sorry if this has been discussed, but do we know if he went feet-first down the chimney or head-first?

There has been nothing in MSM, unless I missed something, that has been released about his positioning or anything besides his COD and that they believe he died the same day he went missing.

Brittney Sanderfer talks about why they are protesting in front of the house where missing teen Harley Dilly’s body was found last week. @toledonews

12:39PM - 1/19/20

Video: Roberta Redfern on Twitter

What is this person trying to imply, that somebody carried him up there and threw him down? " we're not leaving until somebody answers our question if it was an accident or somebody hurt him?"

ETA I'm about 20 Pages behind, glad to see they were arrested for trespassing

Last edited:
RSBM
I wondering about the school calling, was it the norm she would ignore the calls from the school?

I often miss calls because I don't have my phone on my person 50% of the time, but when I pick up my phone I see who has called. And I would call them back especially if it was the school calling. I wonder if what time she saw on her phone that the school had called? And what time she called them back, if ever?

ETA I see other people have stated that she may not have the phone number shown as the school in her phone so did not know it was the school. That makes sense. But with children, most parents do not have their voicemail filled up

People are saying a lot of made -up fiction regarding this case. Remember the rumors when LE and ambulance etc. were first near his house? Just false rumors overflowing. It's long-since absurd.
I guess this is aimed at the people out there who, for some reason, are simply making things up. It's crazy. It's still happening? Let him RIP RIH.
(I'm not saying it originates on WS.)

Yes, there is often Fringe folks who will say there is a conspiracy. Ignorance or looking for their 5 minutes or both? it reminds me of the ongoing conspiracy stuff about the young lady who was tragically trapped in a hotel freezer that gray Hughes covers. Moo

my opinion is that Harley was not at home Thursday night. He left the friend’s house at 7 pm and was seen on camera at 6:08 Friday morning. That is all we know, and all we have been told.

he may have checked in with mom Friday morning, when he wanted to stay home, and was told to go to school. He was outside very early that Friday morning.

Obviously behind on threads, but I thought the mother said that she specifically did not see and talk with him that morning?

ETA I guess I must be wrong on what I heard the mother say in her interview, or at least my impression, because in this article it says that he did not want to go to school and his mother told him to go to school.

Harley Dilly Found Dead: Teen Was Trapped in Chimney | Heavy.com

I definitely need to start backwards on a thread, even though it is hard to do, when I have been away for 3 days.

She said she was in bed when he came into her room and it was dark, so she talked to him but didn’t clearly see him. She clarified this in a conversation on Facebook after her interview where she made the distinction of talked to him, NOT seen him.

Last edited:
Obviously behind on threads, but I thought the mother said that she specifically did not see and talk with him that morning?

ETA I guess I must be wrong on what I heard the mother say in her interview, or at least my impression, because in this article it says that he did not want to go to school and his mother told him to go to school.

Harley Dilly Found Dead: Teen Was Trapped in Chimney | Heavy.com
The mother said in a video news interview that she "spoke with him, didn't see him, and there's a difference."

I think it's odd that no details came out, even later, clarifying where Harley was Thursday night, after he left his friend's house and was seen on a surveillance camera heading toward home. I don't think there is anything nefarious going on, but it's just odd to me that for a missing child, his last known sightings weren't discussed in detail. Why wouldn't they just come out and say Harley got home at 9pm on Thursday, watched tv, went to bed, at 6am told his mother he wanted to stay home from school, she yelled through the door that he needed to go... ? The whole chain of events leading up to his last known whereabouts is very tight lipped and bizarre. I don't really understand the secrecy when it seems transparency would stop fueling commentary. It makes me think he wasn't at home Thursday night and tried to go back home at 6am when mom wouldn't let him in, but that's jmo.

It’s just my opinion but I did read and saw photos that the mother had posted of two of Harley’s psychotropic medications.
They were in the pharmacy paper prescription bags with his name/dosages/medication/doctors name printed on them.
JMO

I must have missed that. Which makes it even more strange to me. If he has/had meds, then he had to have been diagnosed, which leads to the LEO saying it was uncorroborated even more strange to me. Unless he was once diagnosed and it had changed from the time of that picture (unless it was really recent). It's so very strange to me. Not bashing mom, but why would somebody post on FB medications that their children were taking. Maybe it's just me, but that isn't information that I feel needs to be shared with that many people. I guess I have been interested in true crime for entirely too long because I think putting that much personal info out there about a child is so scary!
MOO

She said she didn't see him, but talked him. Something about not being able to explain as it's an ongoing investigation,and not wanting to jeopardize Harley. That's starting to make sense to me now. After sleeping on it,and taking another look at the police reports,the presser from when they found Harley makes sense now too. What led them back to that house. What indeed. " The Fa". The police reports are very interesting. Especially when Harley's dad went with the police,and was in his car, watching, looking for his son. What he saw at that moment. No wonder things haven't added up. I feel like an idiot,and pardon my word . once again for looking at this all wrong. Thankful this is an ongoing investigation,and there will be answers for Harley.
MOO

According to these articles, Harley climbed onto the roof and entered the home through the chimney then died in the chimney when he became compressed and couldn't get enough air.

Then he left his glasses and coat on the 2nd floor of the home.
How is this possible?

It's not possible. He somehow got inside safely then decided to go up the chimney for some reason. Probably removed his coat so it would not be such a tight squeeze. Sounds like he was exploring options of how to get in and out of the house...(opinion)

Something is missing from the story in my opinion.

"..Hickman said they found glasses and a coat matching those worn by Dilly on the second floor of the home. That resulted in crews finding Dilly's body lodged in the chimney.."

‘Horrible accident’: Body of missing Ohio teen found in chimney of vacant home

Dilly died in what police believe was an accident after climbing a TV antenna tower alongside the house, walking across the roof and entering the 9-inch-by-13-inch chimney, in which he became stuck and died due to compressive asphyxia, according to preliminary autopsy results.

Volunteers plan scholarship fund in honor of Harley Dilly

You stated "how is this possible"?

I guess you are in the same boat as me. That we haven't caught up on all the information, and we knew long ago that those were blocked off and Walled in.

So that could not have happened.

Some cases, I realize that I should start at the end and work backwards. And I just missed three days!

I'm going to do that right now because I'm coming across stuff like this that makes mistakes like I did. MOO

No doubt in my mind that Harley entered the chimney from the roof voluntarily or maybe involuntarily. I have read numerous times about the inside measurements of the chimney being approximately 9 inches by 13 inches. What is the exact or true measurement? The perimeter of a 9 x 13 inch rectangle would be 44 inches and the diagonal would be 15.81 inches, almost 16 inches. Harley was a small teen. What was his chest measurement? What was his hip measurement?

Wh
She said she didn't see him, but talked him. Something about not being able to explain as it's an ongoing investigation,and not wanting to jeopardize Harley. That's starting to make sense to me now. After sleeping on it,and taking another look at the police reports,the presser from when they found Harley makes sense now too. What led them back to that house. What indeed. " The Fa". The police reports are very interesting. Especially when Harley's dad went with the police,and was in his car, watching, looking for his son. What he saw at that moment. No wonder things haven't added up. I feel like an idiot,and pardon my word *******. once again for looking at this all wrong. Thankful this is an ongoing investigation,and there will be answers for Harley.
MOO
What? I haven't read anything in MSM that said Marcus was in the car. How'd I miss that?!

Does someone have a link?

I often miss calls because I don't have my phone on my person 50% of the time, but when I pick up my phone I see who has called. And I would call them back especially if it was the school calling. I wonder if what time she saw on her phone that the school had called? And what time she called them back, if ever?

ETA I see other people have stated that she may not have the phone number shown as the school in her phone so did not know it was the school. That makes sense. But with children, most parents do not have their voicemail filled up
However, my phone is only going to tell you it is filled up. That's because I can't get it figured out to set up my voicemail. Lol! However, everyone texts. So I get them right away.

The mother said in a video news interview that she "spoke with him, didn't see him, and there's a difference."

I think it's odd that no details came out, even later, clarifying where Harley was Thursday night, after he left his friend's house and was seen on a surveillance camera heading toward home. I don't think there is anything nefarious going on, but it's just odd to me that for a missing child, his last known sightings weren't discussed in detail. Why wouldn't they just come out and say Harley got home at 9pm on Thursday, watched tv, went to bed, at 6am told his mother he wanted to stay home from school, she yelled through the door that he needed to go... ? The whole chain of events leading up to his last known whereabouts is very tight lipped and bizarre. I don't really understand the secrecy when it seems transparency would stop fueling commentary. It makes me think he wasn't at home Thursday night and tried to go back home at 6am when mom wouldn't let him in, but that's jmo.

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member