CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also looks as though the woman in Little 's sketch has blue eyes? He may have assumed though. I can see some similarities. I guess anything is possible? Since Little seems cooperative to a degree, you would think they could always ask him??

for comparison: View attachment 227524 View attachment 227525

Having a read a few articles about Little, his MO was to befriend his victims so they would go with him willingly. He picked them up in bars in poorer communities were his nice car seemed impressive. He also targeted sex workers and marginalized women. I don't see him crossing paths with an upper-middle class college student. The vast majority of his victims were never on the local, let alone national news, which is exactly how he got away with his crimes and murdered over 90 women :(

I completely did misread it, that’s what happens when you login before coffee :)
I wonder what your friend thinks of the possibility of PF being involved? Forgive me if you’ve discussed this already, I’m 3 sips in my first cup.

It is ok, I got very little sleep so we are both at the same level of coffee need! I haven’t spoken to my friend since about 2005 or 2006. She thought he was creepy before this happened and was freaked out, as everyone seems to be, when proximity makes it feel like a near miss (like it could gave been her.) She knew of KS, but did not know her personally. Yes, she did always think it was him. I went to check my oldest email account to see if I could dig up her emails but but it won’t go back farther than 2008 without rolling forever. Scott Peterson was there at that time too (though not yet a killer) and we had David Cash and a serial rapist so that was a dark and dry joke about the relative safety of our schools. Now it is so very common.

For those who listened to podcast: what do you think of the concrete in PF mother’s backyard? The beeping of a watch that couldn’t be found? The earring believed to be Kristens that went missing by a detective? Ruben coming to pick up a metal garbage can after the renters moved in?

I think LE are inept and corrupt at the same time.

It could be news that would seem stranger than fiction, specific to certain cases and victim's family's lasered eyed focus on one suspect, whom to others, would be completely believable.

Sandra Levy's case is the most notorious of a mothers search for killer. Sandra'a mother went as far as to beat a bongo drum loudly in protest of her daughter's murder going unsolved, this action done on nationally televised news stations.

The entire country suspected Congressman Gary Condit. There was male DNA found on the belongings of Chandra Levy found in Rock Creek Park. However, the DNA has not been matched to anyone (including Gary Condit).

Imo, at times sole focus on one obvious suspect, could take all attention from another suspect, leading to an extremely cold case, and minds permantely in belief of the obvious suspect, and as a result, minds that would never consider any other POI or suspect in specific cases.

Gary Condit, had an affair and romantic relationship with Sandra, so he was the obvious suspect and may still be thought of as guilty of murder in the minds of people who do not actively go back to cases and research new leads, arrests, and suspects.

Wayne Adam Ford- Considerable time roaming Buttonville (body found, not clear if a murder or woman raped and bound, left off road/reserves/parks/forest areas, woman unnamed), San Jaoquin, plus Visalia...and others areas around and about, near Poly Tech College.

th

Little over an hour from Poly Tech in San Luis Obispo, depending on highway's speedlimit 94 miles. 1 hour and half if speed limit, estimation of course. He spent quite some time roaming Large national forestries around San Joaquin/Fresno parklands.

Agents do not believe with his extensive rap sheet including raping a 15 year old girl, raping undetermined amount of women and leaving them off roads with hands bound. Some women have come forward after he confessed to 4 murders. He was charged with animal cruelty and has extensive history and confession to this crime.

***Timeline: Ford married for a second time to a woman named Elizabeth in 1994 and had a son named Max in 1995, but Elizabeth abandoned him for unspecified reasons in 1996. This served as a catalyst for Ford, who became an alcoholic and started murdering and dismembering women whom he saw as surrogates of his wife and later ex-wife. He went by his middle name, Adam, during his killings. (This timeline given by the questionable self professed killer with a conscious, necrophilia, savage beatings and rape, plus severe mutilation and dismemberment, spreading body parts in great distances apart and freezing others, is not fooling agents with this actor having a conscious or feeling any remorse. They also suspect Wayne committed and began killing hitchhikers, prostitutes, and others, 4+, before his account of a 1997 hitchhiker's murder).

Ironically, he skipped from trucking job to trucking job thru out his marriages to others and thru out his marriage to Elizabeth, and was gone for extensive periods of time. The irony, I suppose, is he worked not only for long haul truck companies, but also worked with concrete trucks and pouring..OOF, imo!

Last edited:
It's one thing for the ex agent to say there is some information coming in the near future. I could see the mother misinterpreting that. But where did she get the idea of a pr spokesperson, get out of town etc? That's just a mind boggling jump.

It is odd, and the person clarifying her original statement is their 'family spokesman,' in regards to their case. This tells me, either this family spokesman is new or had already been hired previously.

There have been caseloads of unsolved murders, many which were mainstream, well known cases, mostly solved by new DNA/heretidy lineage technology, annnnd that was that, solved, family commented or did not wish to make a comment, the end, sadly.

Last edited:
It also looks as though the woman in Little 's sketch has blue eyes? He may have assumed though. I can see some similarities. I guess anything is possible? Since Little seems cooperative to a degree, you would think they could always ask him??

for comparison: View attachment 227524 View attachment 227525

Imo, the face is drawn with an obvious heart shaped face, plenty of make up, and strikingly blue eyes, which was, all the rage in 1996 LA, of hopeful entertainers. Sadly, looks like another dream of stardom lost, and one pf many poor, hopeless, down and out Pam Anderson look alikes, and the fact, blue contacts were the rage in 1996 LA. Aslo, how many dead blonde (fake and real) jane does have been reported missing, found dead or murdered in that area alone, my guess is many, and with few other descriptions, from a mostly decayed body, it could be anyone.

Imo, an artist, if unsure of the specific eye color, would likely choose a non striking hazel, or have eyes shifting downward, and specify they are unclear if blue, green, hazel, black, or brown.

Did he give any other info, alongside, this photo?

Kristin had a long face and imo would be easy to sense a difference, and have the ability to describe her in detail with differences picked up by the killer or LE, than the typical, 1996 heavily made up, lost starry eyes, filled with dead & void of unexpected real life LA, the rough living existence and struggles, in an expensive, dangerous city. The previous dreams gone of becoming, a 1/million star faded, and now life is simply survival, day to day.

Last edited:
Having a read a few articles about Little, his MO was to befriend his victims so they would go with him willingly. He picked them up in bars in poorer communities were his nice car seemed impressive. He also targeted sex workers and marginalized women. I don't see him crossing paths with an upper-middle class college student. The vast majority of his victims were never on the local, let alone national news, which is exactly how he got away with his crimes and murdered over 90 women :(

I agree. I would personally be shocked if Little was responsible. It's a very out there sort of scenario, where KS has to end up alone somewhere seedy. I was only replying to the suggestion in thread, & wanted to compare images.

I wonder about the reliability of the source, tbh... Although it would seem strange to go that route after all these years.

Well, it seems that I was right to question...

I wonder if this was a miscommunication, or an intentional strategy to get the case back in the news?

Very strange that the family would choose to go public with any “inside information” and advice they had been given from a former FBI agent, and not through official channels.

Something is definitely very off here.

I'm just not sure what to think now. It almost sounds like someone thought it a good idea to get this message of "it'll be unexpected/spokesperson/get away for a while" out to the media. Since... the media did in fact eat it right up. o_O

I'm just not sure what to think now. It almost sounds like someone thought it a good idea to get this message of "it'll be unexpected/spokesperson/get away for a while" out to the media. Since... the media did in fact eat it right up. o_O

True, very true! I had no idea who Kristin Smart was and that she had been missing since 1996. Plus, myself, and others, are now looking closely at a cold case. I believe, I now know more about, one strange dude, a serial killer named Wayne Adam Ford, than I may know about some of my closet friends and family..LOL! Ughhh, someone knock some sense into me, please. I need a life, seriously, need Wayne cleansed from my brain...I lost valuable time on earth researching this A-hole (imo)!

Last edited:
RBBM

Huh????? (Putting on best dufus expression)

Regarding the retired FBI agent, would he still have full access to any FBI records for this case? And access to local LE records?
There were retired FBI agents who did specialized things in the case- handled cadaver dogs/xrayed the backyard/etc. it could be possible he’s very much involved in the case but in a different capacity then FBI agent.

Contrary to recent reports, federal agents told The Chronicle on Wednesday that they did not tell the family of missing Cal Poly freshman Kristin Smart that a big break in the 23-year cold case was imminent.

The agency’s comments raise questions about whether an announcement is forthcoming in the cold case, as reported by several news outlets this week — including The Chronicle — after the missing woman’s mother was quoted in a Stockton Record news story saying that the FBI advised the family to prepare for a major development that would bring closure to the case.

A spokesman for the family confirmed Wednesday that the person who advised Smart’s mother, Denise, was not an active FBI agent.

“To clarify, the Stockton Record news story was based on a conversation between the Smart family and a former FBI agent,” said family spokesman John Segale. “The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation and will notify all of us when there is official news to announce.”
FBI: No agent spoke to Kristin Smart family in missing college student case

Imo, the face is drawn with an obvious heart shaped face, plenty of make up, and strikingly blue eyes, which was, all the rage in 1996 LA, of hopeful entertainers. Sadly, looks like another dream of stardom lost, and one pf many poor, hopeless, down and out Pam Anderson look alikes, and the fact, blue contacts were the rage in 1996 LA. Aslo, how many dead blonde (fake and real) jane does have been reported missing, found dead or murdered in that area alone, my guess is many, and with few other descriptions, from a mostly decayed body, it could be anyone.

Imo, an artist, if unsure of the specific eye color, would likely choose a non striking hazel, or have eyes shifting downward, and specify they are unclear if blue, green, hazel, black, or brown.

Did he give any other info, alongside, this photo?

Kristin had a long face and imo would be easy to sense a difference, and have the ability to describe her in detail with differences picked up by the killer or LE, than the typical, 1996 heavily made up, lost starry eyes, filled with dead & void of unexpected real life LA, the rough living existence and struggles, in an expensive, dangerous city. The previous dreams gone of becoming, a 1/million star faded, and now life is simply survival, day to day.

I don't disagree, but I feel most of Little's sketches have a similar quality. Even the victims who were not prostitutes, for example the one who was just taking out the trash, have this weirdly "overly made up" appearance, with the garish lipstick, etc. I think it's partly how he views women?

I also really do not believe he killed Kristin. Only that anything is possible, so I wouldn't 100% rule it out. I'm assuming if LE had any reason to believe this could be her, they would have asked Little.

Kristin's height alone is statistically significant. Little almost certainly would have remembered killing a woman who was over 6ft tall.

Was Mrs. Smart advised to go public with the info from the former FBI agent? How long was this FBI agent on the case? When did he retire? Did Mrs. Smart embellish in her statement to the Stockton Record? Just too many moving parts to get a feel on what's tangible and what isn't.

maybe they are mad now that the Smart family released info so they are back tracking? One thing that is odd... if Kristin truly is in the Flores backyard, why would they rent it out?

Reactions: MFH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member