Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened so quickly, and someone had to make sure Heidi - or, the woman with the baby - didn't get away/out.
. I see things dif’, I think HB did not want out, she had just “willingly” entered. I firmly believe all was well between the two & HB was along the lines of a quick ride to talk, that MF had told her she had to discuss something....Jmo.
Again, the “not enough time to put Margo in car seat” bothers me none. We don’t know what another “always” does. People that know me might say “she’d never let her dogs out without being with them” because they never see them out without me, yet mostly they are out alone.
My experience on a daily basis, all women do not use the car seats. Yes, if caught they are ticketed, but many I see risk it.

She could have snuck in and poisoned some food she knew only the mother would consume...
Why would Heidi need to be poisoned to enter MF’s car?

Been a way few days, where I am is School Holidays, been madly catching up on the post.
There is a few questions I do need some help as I was trying out a few theories.
"Understanding Partner" did suggest this as I was trying out theory how easy it was for MF (In my Opinion) could transfer Hedi from one car to another or crime scene to car.
I will admit our boot of our car is a Station Wagon, and Driveway is on a sloop downwards to street so experiment is not 100% I will admit that.
And it is a theory as I might not have the right bag.

What is described as a black duffle bag is it what we call a sport bag,checking if it was one/type used in the crime so it is . I brought one(Sports Bag from Aldi mid last year, quite large size extended handle with wheels. You can fit a person in it I got in. Due to wheels and handle there is quite sturdy brace in the back of the bag I filled the weight required ( With books) as we only got one car and I was not going to ask neighbours to borrow their, brother in law said no. So I had to wheel it out put it into the car and out of the boot with wheels and support back, I can say IMO sadly it is quite easy to do.
I been home schooling my child who has special needs and things did not work out with school mid year last years. There has been a lot trouble getting him into another school as we live in outside region of a country town due to stress,stay at home etc so like, MF I am not very fit person and over weight yet with this type bag I manged it to get in and out of the car. I manage to do this in daylight on our street no one noticed except Understanding Partner who pointed out I may have the wrong type of bag.
Thought it was best to ask, have they mention what style duffle, bag I looked and could not find any description.

Not that I've seen, but a lot of people here have mentioned/speculated something similar to what you're describing. I believe one person called that style a hockey bag.

Thank you UnderstandingBlue, and Trudie,for the the information I quite forgot about Hockey Bags, I have seen them at local High Schools and Colleges in Town and when I visited the City, when my partner and I attented an event where school hall was hired during holidays, would see teams madly practising down in the field below, Hockey bags are quite large and sturdy even now like everything on wheels.
Trudie I smack myself in the head,of course.
I have friends whose partners are in the Army I visited the base where the family was living few years seen those bags.
Very little news at the moment it might stay that way until the Court Hearing when there will be more information.
I think this may be a controversy Court case.
I could be wrong, but I admit, IMO, that it is similar to Heather Elvis Case.
That MF has been charged with 2 counts of Kidnapping, Tampering with a Body but she may not be charged with murder/manslaughter due to lack of evidence and from reports and earlier posts of HB Death Certificate it states she was found(sadly gone from life) but not the place she died.
Unless MF tells what happened but it is currently said she has pleaded not guilty

RSABBM
Not going to "flame" you at all @Alathea :) This thought has crossed my mind a number of times. I can't seem to come up with how that would have gone down, but it does niggle at me.
It would seem if the infant was going to be the target of the kidnapping then HB had to be dealt with.

Well, as a smoker.... I can say that I do leave smokes in my vehicle sometimes, not in the open because it just gives someone a reason to break my window lol But it could have been an empty pack as well.

As for LE testing....

I am still troubled that the car was left there for at least a day after they were found, and it appeared to be unattended and not taped off. There is video out there showing the residence with the car in the backyard still on the 20th, a photo in a DM article that was so close, it had to be taken right from the fence/gate, and a report from the evening of the 20th where it was reported to 'still be in the backyard'. I just do not understand why it was not loaded up onto a truck or towed and taken for forensics, especially if this is the vehicle that Heidi got into and they have it on video on the 12th.
It would seem LE processed the car onsite and the car was used only for transport. It may mean HB was killed outside of the car/trunk.

^^sbbm

It's true that the witness account begins with HB walking between two buildings carrying an infant in her arms.

Is it possible that HB and baby margo stepped outside to collect the mail (or maybe even order a new apartment key from management) and was surprised to see her best friend pull up behind parked cars and HB walked towards her and got inside when MF opened the rear door for her? Could possibly explain why HB was carrying nothing but her baby and her phone.

I think this entire event was dependant on the element of surprise. MOO
HB had a phone call from MF that morning. It was reported by Tim Miller that MF was the last phone call. It would seem probable that HB expected her. It could be that she was not told the day before that MF would be in town but was called in the morning surprising her.

HB had a phone call from MF that morning. It was reported by Tim Miller that MF was the last phone call. It would seem probable that HB expected her. It could be that she was not told the day before that MF would be in town but was called in the morning surprising her.

it is interesting MF supposedly told Tim she was the last person to talk with Heidi. How would MF know? Oh......cuz she had her phone. Foot-mouth. Moo.
Unless it was police who had told MF when they (hopefully?) spoke to her that she had been the last one to communicate with HB via phone that morning?

Unless it was police who had told MF when they (hopefully?) spoke to her that she had been the last one to communicate with HB via phone that morning?

I think maybe she did tell Tim according to LE shecwas the last. Not sure. Either way, she likely had HB’s phone, at least for a short time. Moo

I think maybe she did tell Tim according to LE shecwas the last. Not sure. Either way, she likely had HB’s phone, at least for a short time. Moo
I think if MF did have HB's phone though, she would have been the stupidest person alive if she had left it on, or with its battery still in it.. police would presumably have been able to track it by contacting the provider to see which towers it pinged from, etc. ?? Would be interesting to know what police have discovered as to HB's phone's last pings.
PS Why no murder charge yet????????

Unlike so many tragedy's, public generosity does not seem to follow SC. I'm afraid early scrutiny is still clouding him. The children should not be punished. MOO

Fiance of Heidi Broussard who was murdered for her baby sets up an Amazon wishlist of gifts | Daily Mail Online

Jan 27, 2020

The fiance of slain Texas mother Heidi Broussard has posted a donation site asking well-wishers to contribute by purchasing items for his family.

Shane Carey created the Heidi and Shane Family Fund asking for financial support for his family of three children, including newborn daughter Margo, after the body of his fiancee, Broussard, was found in a duffel bag in the trunk of a car last month in the Houston area.

[..]

'How do you describe the ultimate betrayal?' a description on the fund's website reads.

'I think that’s what this story is. We are a family temporarily displaced by a brutal slaying with glimmers of hope coming from the return of my daughter.

‘In this way we are blessed.

‘The love I have for my Heidi will transcend and shine through my three children.'

The Amazon wish list was started on December 22 and has been steadily growing since then.

The most recent item - the portable personal refrigerator - was added on Sunday.

Carey is asking the public for help in buying a list of items which includes baby formula, baby nail file, a shopping cart cover for toddlers, a set of Pokemon cards, a baby walker, diapers, baseball cleats, and pajamas for babies.

Carey is also soliciting donations through a https://www..com/f/heidi-and-shanes-family-fund page whose goal is to raise a total of $50,000.

As of Monday, the crowdfunding effort has so far raised $785.

I believe it was on video clip when TM said that he talked to MF for 45 minutes and besides trying to frame SC, she stated that LE told her she was the last to communicate with HB. Also, I didn't recall this before but recently read that MF was calling friends asking how to help search and MF really wanted to go on TV!

TM also said that in 45 minutes call with MF, she never disclosed to him that she had a baby.

“I understand Magen even had out on Facebook that she had a baby and that baby is 15 days old and she never gave any indication to me on Sunday she had a baby,” said Miller.

Search expert "can't believe" how sincere suspect sounded days before arrest

Unlike so many tragedy's, public generosity does not seem to follow SC. I'm afraid early scrutiny is still clouding him. The children should not be punished. MOO

Fiance of Heidi Broussard who was murdered for her baby sets up an Amazon wishlist of gifts | Daily Mail Online

Jan 27, 2020

The fiance of slain Texas mother Heidi Broussard has posted a donation site asking well-wishers to contribute by purchasing items for his family.

Shane Carey created the Heidi and Shane Family Fund asking for financial support for his family of three children, including newborn daughter Margo, after the body of his fiancee, Broussard, was found in a duffel bag in the trunk of a car last month in the Houston area.

[..]

'How do you describe the ultimate betrayal?' a description on the fund's website reads.

'I think that’s what this story is. We are a family temporarily displaced by a brutal slaying with glimmers of hope coming from the return of my daughter.

‘In this way we are blessed.

‘The love I have for my Heidi will transcend and shine through my three children.'

The Amazon wish list was started on December 22 and has been steadily growing since then.

The most recent item - the portable personal refrigerator - was added on Sunday.

Carey is asking the public for help in buying a list of items which includes baby formula, baby nail file, a shopping cart cover for toddlers, a set of Pokemon cards, a baby walker, diapers, baseball cleats, and pajamas for babies.

Carey is also soliciting donations through a ******** page whose goal is to raise a total of $50,000.

As of Monday, the crowdfunding effort has so far raised $785.
I wonder if it is because not much has been said about SC's daughter from another relationship - I'm not sure on her age, but I believe she is a little bit older than HB/SC's older boy. At first when I saw stuff like 'pokeman' items, I thought something different, but then realized the older child may be into stuff like that. Also, I wonder if people are kind of waiting to lend financial support until charges have been laid for HB's murder, as opposed to only the kidnapping and tampering? Can't fathom why it's taking so damned long?! Surely they must have enough circumstantial evidence to proceed? In this case I would think it would be terribly difficult for SC to manage the kids and their schedules and continue to hold down a full-time job, if he has to rely on *anyone* outside of immediate family to assist with daycare/babysitting - so financial assistance would be a necessity in this case, I would think. imo.

I believe it was on video clip when TM said that he talked to MF for 45 minutes and besides trying to frame SC, she stated that LE told her she was the last to communicate with HB. Also, I didn't recall this before but recently read that MF was calling friends asking how to help search and MF really wanted to go on TV!

TM also said that in 45 minutes call with MF, she never disclosed to him that she had a baby.

“I understand Magen even had out on Facebook that she had a baby and that baby is 15 days old and she never gave any indication to me on Sunday she had a baby,” said Miller.

Search expert "can't believe" how sincere suspect sounded days before arrest
I think I had never heard that before, that MF had never disclosed to TM that she had a newborn of her own. I wonder if that piece of information that MF had a baby of her own, born either the same day HB disappeared or just a few days earlier (depending which version she told him?), would have raised huge red waving flags for TM. I'm guessing that it would have! How could it not? From an 'outsider', it may seem too much of a coincidence to accept at face value without questioning more, whereas perhaps those who knew her and her relationship with HB were willing to accept that story no questions asked?

I wonder if it is because not much has been said about SC's daughter from another relationship - I'm not sure on her age, but I believe she is a little bit older than HB/SC's older boy. At first when I saw stuff like 'pokeman' items, I thought something different, but then realized the older child may be into stuff like that. Also, I wonder if people are kind of waiting to lend financial support until charges have been laid for HB's murder, as opposed to only the kidnapping and tampering? Can't fathom why it's taking so damned long?! Surely they must have enough circumstantial evidence to proceed? In this case I would think it would be terribly difficult for SC to manage the kids and their schedules and continue to hold down a full-time job, if he has to rely on *anyone* outside of immediate family to assist with daycare/babysitting - so financial assistance would be a necessity in this case, I would think. imo.

By all accounts - HB was the life of the household and I can't imagine the difficulty SC is facing with a newborn and then add two more children!

The public is so very generous when minor children are left behind after a tragedy and I was very surprised that the Amazon wish list after nearly a month is left wanting.

I get the feeling the response would be different if KB's parents had custody of the grandchildren. I could be wrong but it seems to me there's a perceived trust factor with SC.

Perhaps if somebody else would step in to collect for the children it could help fulfill their needs.

MOO

By all accounts - HB was the life of the household and I can't imagine the difficulty SC is facing with a newborn and then add two more children!

The public is so very generous when minor children are left behind after a tragedy and I was very surprised that the Amazon wish list after nearly a month is left wanting.

I get the feeling the response would be different if KB's parents had custody of the grandchildren. I could be wrong but it seems to me there's a perceived trust factor with SC.

Perhaps if somebody else would step in to collect for the children it could help fulfill their needs.

MOO
I wonder if HB's parents are still very active in their grandchildren's lives. I haven't heard a thing about them ever since baby Margo was returned to SC's custody. Agreed that if someone more neutral were handling the funds, at least until murder charges are laid, the fundraising would be much more successful. Not that SC is under any suspicion, but until charges are laid, people perhaps don't feel secure in donating?

I wonder if HB's parents are still very active in their grandchildren's lives. I haven't heard a thing about them ever since baby Margo was returned to SC's custody. Agreed that if someone more neutral were handling the funds, at least until murder charges are laid, the fundraising would be much more successful. Not that SC is under any suspicion, but until charges are laid, people perhaps don't feel secure in donating?
I think it was a mistake for him to ask for 50,000 dollars. That was a red flag for me.

The wish list, I thought was fine. I'd be happy to send baseball cleats or infant formula. I know he needs help and it is understandable.

But the cash request for 50K? ...that probably sent the wrong message....

I think it was a mistake for him to ask for 50,000 dollars. That was a red flag for me.

The wish list, I thought was fine. I'd be happy to send baseball cleats or infant formula. I know he needs help and it is understandable.

But the cash request for 50K? ...that probably sent the wrong message....
Probably.. but on the other hand, how can the guy even go to work right now, unless he's got his dad or HB's parents to personally look after Margo and pick up and drive the other kid(s) to school and back every day.. at least for NOW.. so I'm thinking he may be in need of replacement income so he can be at home for awhile, at least until this case is solved/resolved. Who could trust a babysitter/daycare if you can't even trust your best friend (if you were him, anyway!)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong