The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a lovely post @LaLouve
I'd like to add a thought to this, if I may.
As you mentioned, Harry is a rebel and I think that his choice to marry someone who would not be accepted goes a bit deeper. To me it seems that he is repeating the cycle that he went through when losing his Mother. He couldn't protect his Mum from the media so by protecting Megan...it is a way of reliving and healing his pain.
As you stated, he isn't conscious of this and I think that we all do this in our lives.
Although I am not a huge fan of MM, I do think that that is why she was brought into his life. To help him heal. JMO
Hi there, I think this makes a lot of sense. He couldn't save his mum, but he had the chance to "save" his family. I hope he takes great comfort from this, if so.

As you mentioned, Harry is a rebel and I think that his choice to marry someone who would not be accepted goes a bit deeper. To me it seems that he is repeating the cycle that he went through when losing his Mother. He couldn't protect his Mum from the media so by protecting Megan...it is a way of reliving and healing his pain.
As you stated, he isn't conscious of this and I think that we all do this in our lives.
Although I am not a huge fan of MM, I do think that that is why she was brought into his life. To help him heal. JMO

I think you are probably right and I hope she does help him heal. There is so much behind closed doors that we don't know about, and therefore we can't be too critical of their decisions (except their misguided statement release timing!)

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle is planning to give her first interview to Ellen because she feels they are 'kindred spirits and host understands her pain and suffering' - as 'secretive' sit-down is expected to include Prince Harry

Meghan Markle plans to give first interview to Ellen because she understands her pain | Daily Mail Online
So many shallow things in this article, I don’t even know where to begin. Glad I have more interesting things to talk about with my close friends that what I’m doing for work next, who will then “leak” the information to the press. Once she does this interview I’m fairly sure they are going to struggle claiming privacy infringements when out and about. Always been a big fan of the pair of them, but I am quickly losing interest in their future plans.

Prince Harry ‘Desperately’ Wants Archie To Grow Up Away From ‘Pomp And Royalty’
From a radio interview with Dr. Jane Goodall this week. (JG is one of my personal heroes.)

from the article:
Discussing Harry and Meghan’s decision to step down as ‘senior members’ of the royal family earlier this month, Goodall said: ‘Well it doesn't surprise me, having met them both.

‘I know that Prince Harry really felt constrained and he desperately wants little Archie to grow up away from all the pomp and royalty, I know that. I haven't been in the UK. I haven't really followed the news... I had no idea that anything like this was going to happen.’

More at link.

Great insight, lmr.

I confess to being perplexed by the negative comments about Meghan and Archie staying behind in Canada rather than coming with Harry for the family meeting.

Maybe Archie had a cold and his parents didn't want to make him fly or leave him behind while he was sick. (Occam's razor) ETA: and maybe Harry was specifically told NOT to bring them with, that Meghan could be conferenced in if need be.

If Meghan ~had~ joined Harry at the meeting, the press and their "royal sources" would've accused her with meddling in family business and the naysayers would be pouncing on that instead.

Meghan's often damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. It rankles me that a lot of MSM is calling this "Megxit" and blaming Meghan for this, like Harry has no mind of his own. It just shows how much misogyny plays a role in all of the hoopla.

IMO MOO JMO

Last edited:
I confess to being honestly perplexed by the negative comments about Meghan and Archie staying behind in Canada rather than coming with Harry for the family meeting.

Maybe Archie had a cold and his parents didn't want to make him fly or leave him behind while he was sick. (Occam's razor)

If Meghan ~had~ joined Harry at the meeting, the press and their "royal sources" would've accused her with meddling in family business and the naysayers would be pouncing on that instead.

Meghan's often damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. It rankles me that a lot of MSM is calling this "Megxit" and blaming Meghan for this, like Harry has no mind of his own. It just shows how much misogyny plays a role in all of the hoopla.

IMO MOO JMO
The pair of them were quoted as saying the reason Harry and Meghan didn’t bring Archie when they flew back to the UK was because he would have got jet lag. Which is a bizarre argument for an 8 month old who probably still wakes in the night and definitely still naps during the day. As for Meghan flying home back to Archie , which again seems odd, unless you have no choice, to leave an under one year old and both parents fly 9 hours away (what if there had been a medical emergency). I think she made the right choice not to get involved in the talks though. One other thing that I feel also sways a lot of people’s opinions is what seems a deliberate choice to avoid including any grandparents in Archies life (apart from Meghans mum)- I know many people who merely tolerate the company of their parents or in-laws so that they have a relationship with their grandparents. The top royals are ageing in their years now and whilst no one can predict the future, it seems he will have very few photos of his own family members to reflect on when he is older. Whilst Harry and Meghan are free to carve their own path, by completely estranging themselves from other royal members (even out of the public view), they are making choices for him before he can voice his own opinion.

The pair of them were quoted as saying the reason Harry and Meghan didn’t bring Archie when they flew back to the UK was because he would have got jet lag. Which is a bizarre argument for an 8 month old who probably still wakes in the night and definitely still naps during the day. As for Meghan flying home back to Archie , which again seems odd, unless you have no choice, to leave an under one year old and both parents fly 9 hours away (what if there had been a medical emergency). I think she made the right choice not to get involved in the talks though. One other thing that I feel also sways a lot of people’s opinions is what seems a deliberate choice to avoid including any grandparents in Archies life (apart from Meghans mum)- I know many people who merely tolerate the company of their parents or in-laws so that they have a relationship with their grandparents. The top royals are ageing in their years now and whilst no one can predict the future, it seems he will have very few photos of his own family members to reflect on when he is older. Whilst Harry and Meghan are free to carve their own path, by completely estranging themselves from other royal members (even out of the public view), they are making choices for him before he can voice his own opinion.
I agree with some of what you say, but not the grandparent theory. I dont see a move equating to excluding grandparents. To put it into context, if my children moved down to Cornwall with their kids (8 hours drive) or up to the Scottish isles (a day or so..), I would think they are pursuing their own adventures. Not excluding us as grandparents. Also, the RF have certain advantages over others in terms of practicalities. They dont need to use precious annual leave and they can afford to travel. So any gap narrows, I think. The choice they are making for Archie, which I believe to be escaping the madness of what their life was becoming, paps etc, is a good one. JMO.

I agree with some of what you say, but not the grandparent theory. I dont see a move equating to excluding grandparents. To put it into context, if my children moved down to Cornwall with their kids (8 hours drive) or up to the Scottish isles (a day or so..), I would think they are pursuing their own adventures. Not excluding us as grandparents. Also, the RF have certain advantages over others in terms of practicalities. They dont need to use precious annual leave and they can afford to travel. So any gap narrows, I think. The choice they are making for Archie, which I believe to be escaping the madness of what their life was becoming, paps etc, is a good one. JMO.
I have a sibling and nephew on the other side of the world and my parents 7 hours drive away, distance isn’t the barrier- it was a personal choice not be involved in any of the Christmas celebrations (even if it had been away from the public duties). This Hello article is written in a positive manner, yet Kate and Will have met baby Archie twice and his cousins have met him once, contrast that with Kate’s children and Zara’s children being seen together.
Kate Middleton didn't take George, Charlotte or Louis to meet baby Archie for a couple of months because schedules were hard to coordinate

I think people were left really surprised by H&M’s exit. Like kids who don’t want to be talked out of a controversial decision they didn’t reveal in an above board way their plans or desires. The BRF is busy but I thought they were very accommodating and understanding over the festive period.

What made me step back and think ‘wait a minute’ was the launching of their website along with the surprise factor.

The BRF is a noble calling. No one exemplifies this better, or like Her Majesty the Queen.

So to me, after all the welcoming, and amazing gestures like Charles stepping in at the wedding, accommodation of their requests with Frogmore, households, recognizing M&H could carve out a unique role for themselves, the surprise factor of a Royal Dot Com business venture was so completely shortsighted, immature, and selfish, and self important.

Harry could have had these talks with his father anytime, and yet they chose to let it all play out in public.

That’s my beef with them. And it’s not surprising their trademark sussexroyal is coming under fire, and has opposition from the Australian doctor. People are going to find out more about why.

Does anyone think going on Ellen (if the rumor is true) dishing on royal life is going to garner sympathy? Diana had major regrets after her tell all interview.

To me, it’s a tragic loss of opportunity. One I think will impact Harry most of all. His mom, Princess Diana left a roadmap of what achieving greatness can look like. I completely respect his desire to work through his grief and fears, but I can’t help but feel to cut off his family in this way is going to be a major regret down the road.

Thankfully, I think QE, and Charles are acutely aware of M&H’s leap into a different life and the possible ramifications for them. And that’s why the doors have been left open...

Jmo.

BBM
I agree.

Hubby and I moved our family of 5 from Canada to Florida (our kids were between 1.5yrs to 6 yrs at the time). Did our move mean that we excluded the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins from our children lives because we moved as a family to another country? No.
This is the age of the cellphone, the internet with whatsup app, FaceTime, fly to see each other when we can. Our home was a revolving door of family coming to visit.

Just because a family decides to move away from other family members does not mean they are being excluded from their lives.

I know a number of families that live in the same city, within 30mins drive of each other, and are completely estranged.

Every parent makes choices for their babies before they can voice own opinion. I believe Harry is doing what he feels is best for him and his family like anyone else would.

sussexroyal
Verified

Today, on International Day of Education, we highlight the importance of access to education for all. The Duchess of Sussex has focused on this both prior to becoming a member of the Royal Family and now as patron of The Association of Commonwealth Universities (@The_ACU_Official).

Working closely with CAMA, both The Duke and Duchess recognise the benefit both personally and to society at large when a young girl has access to education. On their recent tour to Southern Africa, The Duke supported the initiatives of @Camfed on the ground in Malawi .

Over the years, The Duchess has worked in developing communities, such as in Rwanda and India , to find the hindrances to girls’ ability to go to school and furthermore to stay in school. These can include lack of access to clean water, stigma surrounding MHM, cultural taboo, and many more reasons....

As President and Vice President of The @Queens_Commonwealth_Trust, The Duke and Duchess thank all those who are working to give access to education for all.

Image © World Vision / PA / @mynamahila / SussexRoyal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member