Found Deceased AZ - Corey Bailey, 31, remote area near Castle Hot Springs, 29 Dec 2019

The drone company got back with me. Attached are images of the email correspondence.
Let's say they go on Sunday and get aerial images and video sent to me. I know I can upload images here, but now how would video work in these forums? Did anyone know of a file size or format limit?

I started looking through old photos. Here's some examples of his physical fitness. (The rock formation push ups image was posted by him in that perspective on purpose so I kept it that way.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-204641_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-204641_Facebook.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20200124-204605_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-204605_Facebook.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 96
Let's say they go on Sunday and get aerial images and video sent to me. I know I can upload images here, but now how would video work in these forums? Did anyone know of a file size or format limit?
The easiest way would probably be to upload them to YouTube and link the YouTube here. The problem with that though is that you will need to seek approval from a moderator since your personal YouTube account isn't MSM. MOO

The easiest way would probably be to upload them to YouTube and link the YouTube here. The problem with that though is that you will need to seek approval from a moderator since your personal YouTube account isn't MSM. MOO

Question. I believe @Billi@m is waiting to be verified. Once verified could the YouTube be posted? I should know the answer but don’t. I’d love to see aerial photos.

Question. I believe @Billi@m is waiting to be verified. Once verified could the YouTube be posted? I should know the answer but don’t. I’d love to see aerial photos.
I think the same rule applies to links whether one is verified or not. When verified, she can provide information without links, though.

In the Mollie Tibbetts case, we had a local who used a GoPro to film the area and uploaded to YouTube in order to share with us. It's just a matter of sending a PM requesting permission so I think this would be the easiest way to go about it.

I think the same rule applies to links whether one is verified or not. When verified, she can provide information without links, though.

In the Mollie Tibbetts case, we had a local who used a GoPro to film the area and uploaded to YouTube in order to share with us. It's just a matter of sending a PM requesting permission so I think this would be the easiest way to go about it.
Definitely worth setting up a YouTube channel for if any aerial footage is taken. Thanks!

Yes, I can recall other places where a personal youtube channel or photo album on a hosting service was allowed. All you have to do is talk to the moderators first.

Matthew Weaver's family is doing something similar. CA - CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018 They might be able to offer some advice.

Paul Miller's family used Wings of Mercy: Utah drone searchers may have solved missing hiker’s disappearance at California national park
Funny you should mention wings of mercy. I just heard from fly fisch aerial imagery that they and wings of mercy are working together this morning to go over "key points" of the search area. Everyone, cross your fingers that something new comes of this.

Funny you should mention wings of mercy. I just heard from fly fisch aerial imagery that they and wings of mercy are working together this morning to go over "key points" of the search area. Everyone, cross your fingers that something new comes of this.
Wings of Mercy has been involved in many missing person cases, especially when missing in remote areas. They often ask for assistance viewing whatever aerial images they've gathered as there can be many, and I imagine it's an overwhelming task to look though images searching for a person.

In another case here on WS, Paul Miller was lost in Joshua Tree for 18 months. After drone footage and volunteers image viewers became involved, he was recently found and identified.

It's good if they are involved. JMO

That's great news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. MOO

Recent email. Now we wait for photo sifting.

"Afternoon Bill,

It went ok, terrain wasn’t what I expected. Drone flights had limitations but I did the best I could. There’s a program that Wings of Mercy uses, I’m testing the program out myself, that searches each photo for a certain color pixel range. The colors are chosen from the photo that you guys gave to me of Corey. I’m running the program now and I will be sending the photos to Wings of Mercy as well to see what they can do. Couldn’t take a lot of photos (roughly around 600) due to the high mountains. I re searched and took aerial photos of where the SAR team searched and I also added an additional 600-800 meters to their search patter. I will update with any info I receive.

-Cory Fischer
Fly_Fisch Aerial Imagery"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708