The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
This recent discussion has just turned into a B-fest requiring major cleanups and we don't have time to moderate.

Unless there is new MSM, please move on from discussing / arguing over the recent PH & MM debacle. It's gone on far too long, so let's get back to the light-hearted thread it was intended to be.

Thank you @sillybilly!

Never knew this

The Prince of Wales visited the grave of his grandmother Princess Alice as part of a trip to Jerusalem for a number of Holocaust commemoration events. Princess Alice gave shelter to a Jewish family during the Nazi occupation of Greece in the Second World War.Her remains were buried in the Church of St Mary Magdalene above the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem.

Great article and this one my first big red flag too. Pretty sure I mentioned it way back in the wedding threads. Then they floated some BS PR story that the dog was old and couldn't make the journey which I still didn't like, but I could understand.

Here's the real story--Bogart was only 5 years old!

The first tremor of disquiet for me came when she decided to leave her rescue mutt, Bogart, behind in Canada when they got engaged. And the reason I know a little bit more about this is that Bogart has a brother named Otto, and Otto belongs to my son who lives in L.A.… I’m obsessed with the Bogart story because I think it tells a lot. Bogart is a mutt, as is Otto. They were adopted. [Otto and Bogart had one play date, during which Smith’s son said that Meghan was “perfectly nice and loved Bogart.”] Then in November of 2017, she only takes her other dog, Guy, who is a purebred beagle, with her to England. Poor Bogart, who by the way, at the time was only five—which in dog years is exactly the same age as Meghan. He was 35. So unless he was sick, which they didn’t say, he was perfectly capable of flying. He still would be today…. Now she’s back in Canada, and there was a picture of her with Guy and her black lab, and the question is where is Bogart? Why haven’t they been reunited?

Meghan and Harry’s Royal Exit: What Surprises and Concerns a Royal Expert

excellent, well thought out article. If she did indeed get rid of her dog (given away?) for no reason that’s awful.

This recent discussion has just turned into a B-fest requiring major cleanups and we don't have time to moderate.

Unless there is new MSM, please move on from discussing / arguing over the recent PH & MM debacle. It's gone on far too long, so let's get back to the light-hearted thread it was intended to be.

Never knew this

The Prince of Wales visited the grave of his grandmother Princess Alice as part of a trip to Jerusalem for a number of Holocaust commemoration events. Princess Alice gave shelter to a Jewish family during the Nazi occupation of Greece in the Second World War.Her remains were buried in the Church of St Mary Magdalene above the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem.

Imagine the headlines she'd be creating in this day and age!

Princess Alice died at Buckingham Palace on 5 December 1969. She left no possessions, having given everything away. Initially her remains were placed in the Royal Crypt in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, but before she died she had expressed her wish to be buried at the Convent of Saint Mary Magdalene in Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem (near her aunt Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna, a Russian Orthodox saint). When her daughter, Princess George of Hanover, complained that it would be too far away for them to visit her grave, Princess Alice jested, "Nonsense, there's a perfectly good bus service!". Her wish was realized on 3 August 1988 when her remains were transferred to her final resting place in a crypt below the church.

Source: Wiki

I'm American and have newly fallen in love with the Queen. Last night I watched a documentary on her. She is quite the Bad *advertiser censored**. One night wears a Tiara...next day working with her dogs. A brilliant, elegant, tomboy!

Bringing this forward because I didn’t see an answer. Saw a pic of Louis in shorts with same colored tights but not long pants.
I’ll admit that long pants on a young boy being referred to as “middle class” or “suburban” makes me
;):confused::eek:
Does anyone know why it is that Prince George had to wear short pants until recently but Louis is already wearing long pants? TIA

I'm American and have newly fallen in love with the Queen. Last night I watched a documentary on her. She is quite the Bad *advertiser censored**. One night wears a Tiara...next day working with her dogs. A brilliant, elegant, tomboy!

Please share what documentary!!! I’d love to watch it. And I have done the same thing. QE is quite a woman! I have so much admiration for her.

Meghan is the one pulling the strings! That poor man Harry she's bring him down! He needs to dump her ASAP!!
Oh I view them as totally separate.
Will and Catherine are true royalty.

Harry is our renegade. He may have help, but he’s true to himself.

He’s got a wife who supports him, and a really cute baby.

They’ll all be fine.
Imo

Sophie Wessex's more daring hats.
I honestly wouldn't be able to keep some of the hats and fascinators on my head. I'd end up poking someone's eyes out, having it fly away, maybe a bird would nest in it or attack it thinking I was another bird.

Sophie+Countess+Wessex+Dress+Hats+Decorative+d-B_KPXlx4jl.jpg

962a80a830317b0270c0d76e5db70797--english-royalty-th-birthday.jpg

sophie-wessex-order-of-the-garter-outfit-t.jpg

gldu7ceomlsa5srzucbk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics