IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to the thread 5 post #9 and viewed the La Camay video. About the 3:25 mark it shows Chloe walking fast past the splash pad towards the windows. SA must have stopped her, because she doesn't move past the column he then leaned against, and he was watching a man in the window that was looking out. When the man left, you now see Chloe going towards the windows again, SA stands up and follows. If you watch further, he does appear to stick his hand out straight (not in a knock knock move) more like feeling the open air. They repeat the video and stop it several times but at the 6:27 mark it shows him leaning forward with her, she seems to be reaching and close to the opening. She then falls forward and out of his arm. I have seen other video of him from the side that looks like he has his right elbow pulled back, left arm extended and he is slightly turned as if to get her closer to the opening. I don't know how to bring the entire post over.

The railing and window are too far apart for a toddler to reach forward to touch the glass.
Standing or sitting on railing, being held by grandpa, that baby couldn't reach that far.

This is my opinion base on the 2 investigative photos.

First post here but have been somewhat following on other forums/sites, but I have taken the time to read all six threads. Some of my private thoughts have already been expressed well by other posters.

These. Are. Only. My. Thoughts....

1) Assuming one believes SA’s statements regarding touching/banging on the glass:
a) What in SA’s background allows him informed/expert knowledge of the safety and the integrity of window glass vs the plexiglass such as in a hockey arena?
b) SA is not a new addition to KW’s immediate family. No one in the family has ever noticed any visual deficits?

2) If I were a lawyer representing RCCL, I would utterly hate myself but would depose Chloe’s brother. Does the family not realize that insisting on continuing with the “it’s all the boat’s fault” lawsuit that this is a real possibility?

<modsnip >

Once again, many of my private thoughts already addressed by other posters here. However, everything about this but especially SA sends my hinky meter off the charts.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just started going through the last legal documents uploaded. And what the!?!?’ That’s the sketchiest use of a measuring tape I’ve ever seen. Sixth grade science projects are held to higher standards. Do they really expect anyone to take their measurements and photos seriously?

Family attorneys say cruise line's story of toddler's death is 'physically impossible'

JUSTIN L. MACK | INDIANAPOLIS STAR
Updated 12:10 p.m. EST Jan. 24, 2020

A Royal Caribbean cruise ship investigation was conducted on Jan. 10 by attorneys representing the family of Chloe Wiegand.
According to court documents, the ship inspection was a one-day investigation conducted by Winkleman and his team.

a0110835-4552-4c67-bf57-53a59d99500f-hwh5h.JPG

(snip...)

Just look at how this guy's hand is easily out the window. If he put his other hand in roughly the same place and pulled himself forward, would his eyes go past the window sill so that he can look directly down? It sure looks to me like he could do that.

Furthermore, I only just noticed that the angle of the windows works in favor of performing such a feat. We have seen how it is precisely 17" from the back of the railing to the window at the height of the top of the railing. But the glass is angled back toward the viewer, so the distance you need to extend would be shorter, because the window sill is closer.

Speaking generally some people do not react well to a child with any medical or physical imperfections.
So they over compensate by declaring the baby a 'foodie', 'sports fan', and a 'fashionista'.
What imperfections did she have?
Maybe because she overcame so many challenges due to being premature she was appreciated and cherished even more.
I don't see the obituary as overcompensating at all. To me it helps to understand what kind of child she was and it was written by her family who loved and knew her best and wanted to honor her memory.
I have no reason to believe that Chloe was not a "foodie", a "sportsfan", or a "fashionista." In fact that seems pretty clear in the pictures I have seen.

Imo

Here's another view down from at the railing. Note how this view is from just past the railing. It looks to me that if you move out much further your view will be blocked by the window sill. Your view would at least be hampered by the extreme angle of the glass. It's very clear from the video that SA leaned out further than just past the railing. So unless he was checking out the window sill, we must conclude he leaned out far enough that his head did extend outside. Which is exactly how it looks to me in the rear view video anyway.

Attachments

• chloe_down_view.jpg
    chloe_down_view.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 39
And it just turns my stomach every time I hear/read the excuse that “she loved to bang on the glass at her brother’s hockey games”. Omg her poor brother :(
The reasoning really annoys me. Plexiglass at a hockey rink is meant to take blows. That’s its purpose.

Banging on windows is an entirely different matter. They smudge, meaning that they must be cleaned, and the banging is annoying to people who are just trying to relax.

If true, it goes to the entitled mindset of the grandfather (I don’t care about anyone else).

Personally, I think it’s BS. It just annoys me either way.

Not to mention he’s got that measuring tape on quite an angle there doesn’t he?? It def doesn’t look like it’s being measured straight across. Ugh

Just look at how this guy's hand is easily out the window. If he put his other hand in roughly the same place and pulled himself forward, would his eyes go past the window sill so that he can look directly down? It sure looks to me like he could do that.

Furthermore, I only just noticed that the angle of the windows works in favor of performing such a feat. We have seen how it is precisely 17" from the back of the railing to the window at the height of the top of the railing. But the glass is angled back toward the viewer, so the distance you need to extend would be shorter, because the window sill is closer.

It is a thing from my limited hockey experience

Also (because it’s been mentioned a bit ) I see almost daily small children being allowed to bang on a glass divider wall and playing with and around automatic doors and elevators at my workplace. (Both extremely dangerous imo). People just don’t think sometimes Moo

Eta there was a pic posted recently of a toddler standing with another child in a round window -on the sill or frame (on a ship). I was shocked that it didn’t cause more of a reaction here tbh
I'm not a hockey person, so is banging on the glass at hockey games a thing? Or was she doing it because she could see her brother on the other side and she was trying to get his attention?

I'm not a hockey person, so is banging on the glass at hockey games a thing? Or was she doing it because she could see her brother on the other side and she was trying to get his attention?
Maybe both.
And yes, apparently banging on the glass at hockey games is a thing.
In the beginning of the case I googled it and was surprised how many hockey fans actually discuss this.
If I remember correctly the most common reasons for doing this is when a fight breaks out, a player is sent to the penalty box, or your team scores.
Even though it is against the rules and there are signs prohibiting it there are all kinds of people on line discussing when it's appropriate and when it's not.

I'm guessing Chloe did it because she saw others doing it and also because she got excited when she saw her brother.

Imo

No, he looks out the window before picking Chloe up, then he looks out the window a second time after setting her on the railing beside him. Both times were before he dropped her. So why would he be looking down for Chloe when she is sitting on the railing beside him?
I was actually referring to the two times he looked down before he bent down to lift Chloe over the railing. If you look at the La Comay video, he goes to the window, bends over from the waist and looks down for a few seconds. He then lifts his body slightly and proceeds to look down again. Almost as if he’s getting more leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73