MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been beaten to death but I’ve been thinking about why they drove separate cars to Delmar and if they stopped anywhere and if anyone from the parties followed them to Sherrill’s. I would loooooove to see pictures from those parties.

It’s been beaten to death but I’ve been thinking about why they drove separate cars to Delmar and if they stopped anywhere and if anyone from the parties followed them to Sherrill’s. I would loooooove to see pictures from those parties.

The separate cars seems extra odd when you consider they are driving on a night cops have to be out looking for drunk kids. I question if they made it to Delmar or did they leave and go somewhere else from there?
Do you think the police have copies of the photos?

The separate cars seems extra odd when you consider they are driving on a night cops have to be out looking for drunk kids. I question if they made it to Delmar or did they leave and go somewhere else from there?
Do you think the police have copies of the photos?
I doubt they have copies if the initial impression of this was sexually motivated with Sherrill as target. They questioned party-goers but what did they learn with parents present? I doubt they spoke freely in front of high strung parents. Parents who hosted had reasons to be tight lipped-not that they were involved-but they wouldn’t have wanted their names associated with the disappearances. Reputations were obviously important to this bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they have copies if the initial impression of this was sexually motivated with Sherrill as target. They questioned party-goers but what did they learn with parents present? I doubt they spoke freely in front of high strung parents. Parents who hosted had reasons to be tight lipped-not that they were involved-but they wouldn’t have wanted their names associated with the disappearances. Reputations were obviously important to this bunch.

That is a good point. Serving alcohol to minors may not be something you want to hand over proof of to police officers. When the cops were trying to corroborate people's timelines or whereabouts wouldn't photos be helpful? Photos were different then. I have pictures from when I was in middle school and in high school. That was mid to late 90's. Film still had to be developed and there was a limited amount of pictures you could take. It's possible there weren't as many pictures as the night went on. I wonder if people carried around cameras at parties. I remember every picture counting so most people posed together. Maybe there wasn't much to look at or no one turned over pictures or video to police.

There’s a lot of reasons I can think of the cops should’ve been interested in photos-timelines and a general idea of the mood at the parties.
I think the parents-other than Janis-were at Delmar because they were nosy and be sure their kids weren’t involved in whatever was going on or say too much. They weren’t Sherrill’s friends.

There’s a lot of reasons I can think of the cops should’ve been interested in photos-timelines and a general idea of the mood at the parties.
I think the parents-other than Janis-were at Delmar because they were nosy and be sure their kids weren’t involved in whatever was going on or say too much. They weren’t Sherrill’s friends.

If you feel like people are missing from their home, it's not time act like you are at an open house or pretend concern while forgetting to call the police or to check in with the McCalls. How did the information spread that they were missing? Why would people assume Sherrill was with Suzie and Stacy? Someone pointed out that if you were trying to locate the three women you would think people would be making phone calls from their homes, not camping at the house on Delmar with a single phone line that probably should be left open.
I also wonder who invited people into the Levitt/Streeter home and how was that invite phrased.

Has anyone ever explored the theory that the person responsible for the disappearance was one of the three missing?

But how would they have left the house? Cars still there.

Just a thought. I’ve gone over all other scenarios.

The lack of evidence in the home is perplexing since all of their belongings were there, seems they were taken from the home? But no signs of a struggle, no evidence?

Who would want all three gone? It’s an odd mix of victims.

This is a tough one.

Has anyone ever explored the theory that the person responsible for the disappearance was one of the three missing?

But how would they have left the house? Cars still there.

Just a thought. I’ve gone over all other scenarios.

The lack of evidence in the home is perplexing since all of their belongings were there, seems they were taken from the home? But no signs of a struggle, no evidence?

Who would want all three gone? It’s an odd mix of victims.

This is a tough one.

I have thought the same thing. Their cars could have been returned by others. Cars, purses and clothing could have easily been part of staging a crime scene or just a scene. I have doubts about Stacy and Suzie making it to the Delmar home that night. They could have also left from there and been picked up or maybe only one girl left . If something happened to Stacy who was supposed to be at that house getting Suzie and her mom to pick her up would be one way to get all three. I think getting Sherrill out of the house if she was looking for her daughter or was worried for a reason would easier and possibly not intentional. There are no bodies, a crime scene that isn't really one just a house with three women not there.
After 27 years logic says they are dead but could one of them have escaped or something - anything is possible. I hope police investigated all angles and looked at people that maybe hung out at Stacy or Suzie's jobs or paid too much attention to them that night.

I seem to recall that there were messages on the answering machine that were accidently erased. Was there any information from the messages that may have helped investigators?

It could be something LE is holding back. Maye they they weren't all erased. There could also have been prank calls from drunk kids. I remember making prank phone calls and you were limited by what was considered local. If you used a different area code that was long distance. It would show up on a phone bill. I'm not saying those calls aren't important. I wonder if people deleted their own messages.

What questions bug me? Oh I have so many!! Where to start?

Yes, this is something I have wondered myself. It was odd enough that they would leave Janelle's in the first place, teen girls don't care where they crash after a night of partying. They weren't close, so why would they leave the house together to go to Suzie's? And iirc they were both supposed to be meeting back up at Janelle's to go to the water park in the morning so why not just take one car to Suzie's if they both were planning to come back together to Janelle's just hours later? I have wondered if there was an argument or something occurred that made Suzie and Stacy both want to not stay at Janelles and decide to take both of their cars and leave for Suzie's.

Last edited:
If you feel like people are missing from their home, it's not time act like you are at an open house or pretend concern while forgetting to call the police or to check in with the McCalls. How did the information spread that they were missing? Why would people assume Sherrill was with Suzie and Stacy? Someone pointed out that if you were trying to locate the three women you would think people would be making phone calls from their homes, not camping at the house on Delmar with a single phone line that probably should be left open.
I also wonder who invited people into the Levitt/Streeter home and how was that invite phrased.
Other than the McCalls I can’t imagine why other parents were there. We know it wasn’t Suzie’s usual crew. These parents weren’t friends of Sherrill’s. <modsnip: removed rumor>

I’ve been reading a lot about this case since stumbling upon it in 2014. Recently I’ve been reading angles from all over the web and I have a few theories. Only speculation! Lol

<modsnip: Post edited to remove rumors related to individuals not known to be associated with this case>

I do not know what it is about this case but I think about these women often. I pray both families, especially Sherrill’s sister, her son, and Stuart and Janice McCall. I hope they have justice someday.

What bugs me the most is the phone calls and messages. A two month old, unlisted phone number. This number was getting obscene phone calls and messages the day before and after the crime. The two callers, police said, were unrelated? If Stacy’s mom couldn’t remember the details of the message (but she does remember that it was from Friday) how did police determine this? This was before caller ID and local calls were still on a switchboard (not traceable) I think that the police set up headquarters at the house, until the 28th, to monitor the phone.

I’ve been reading a lot about this case since stumbling upon it in 2014. Recently I’ve been reading angles from all over the web and I have a few theories. Only speculation! Lol

<modsnip: Post edited to remove rumors related to individuals not known to be associated with this case>

I do not know what it is about this case but I think about these women often. I pray both families, especially Sherrill’s sister, her son, and Stuart and Janice McCall. I hope they have justice someday.

I agree. I don’t think Mrs. Kirby heard them leave. Unless she doubted Janelle’s story why say anything? It’s weird we’ve heard from Janelle but never Mike. Even if he didn’t consider Suzie and Stacy friends he knew them and along with his girlfriend he was one of the first people at Delmar. It must’ve taken effort to avoid interviews. If I remember correctly police couldn’t confirm his alibi.
On one show a detective (I think) said the department was divided on what happened. No one in the department could agree on who should be cleared which obviously hurt the case since the most vocal detectives seem as clueless as anyone else.
It’s discouraging to hear nothing short of a deathbed confession will solve this case and maybe that’s true but after all this time someone knows. This case needs fresh and unbiased eyes.

What bugs me the most is the second we bring up the grave robbers being directly or indirectly responsible...all hell breaks loose on the forums and we hit a brick wall.

Theyre legit suspects in this case and many cops have said so then and recently......

Asher states on People Magazine show that Suzie's car was used in the commissioning of the grave robbing....it's been suggested that keeping her quiet for talking to cops/potentially being cross examined in a case could be a threat to Garrison and others surrounding the fringe of the grave robbers......

the best motive for this case is suzie being shut up by someone either in the grave robbing crew or one of their criminal/drug dealer associates

What bugs me the most is the phone calls and messages. A two month old, unlisted phone number. This number was getting obscene phone calls and messages the day before and after the crime. The two callers, police said, were unrelated? If Stacy’s mom couldn’t remember the details of the message (but she does remember that it was from Friday) how did police determine this? This was before caller ID and local calls were still on a switchboard (not traceable) I think that the police set up headquarters at the house, until the 28th, to monitor the phone.
Prank calls weren’t a big deal but an unlisted number-such a new one at that-may change things. Hopefully the cops are withholding the contents of the messages and told Janis to say she forgot or erased it.

I agree. I don’t think Mrs. Kirby heard them leave. Unless she doubted Janelle’s story why say anything? It’s weird we’ve heard from Janelle but never Mike. Even if he didn’t consider Suzie and Stacy friends he knew them and along with his girlfriend he was one of the first people at Delmar. It must’ve taken effort to avoid interviews. If I remember correctly police couldn’t confirm his alibi..
Again, no offense, but this is how rumors spread

Mike's alibi/times was confirmed in the very early days by det. Worsham. it is in the newsleader

like Dusty and Joe Riedel... and even Janelle outside her usual of just saying the basics, lawyers and/or cops may have advised not to discuss with the media certain things in the house.... again it doesnt mean there's anything sinister

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread can remain open provided there is no rudeness, personalizing, trying to out other members, and general dissension. Members who continually violate TOS will be permanently banned from the thread or face being totally banned from WS.

Hint: Keep the word "you" out of your posts or at least to a bare minimum. Address the post and not the poster, otherwise it is considered personalizing and that is a violation of Websleuths TOS. Something along the lines of "you mentioned in your previous post" is fine, but the "you don't know what you're talking about" are the kinds of posts that violate TOS. Post respectfully or don't post.

On another note, do not open a new thread without asking Tricia, or Mods or Admins after the previous thread has been closed or pulled. These actions had to be taken in the past because the posting has become so contentious that WS staff do not have time to babysit them for violations of The Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member