The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

Theforeigner

Reaction score
I found this image drawn by American white nationalist Odinist/Wotanist Ron McVan.
The image is from his book Temple Of Wotan

Ron McVan - RationalWiki

The letter W in the word WOTAN is IMO very similar to the W in the belt.

My thought is that maybe the owner of the belt was an Odinist and maybe a Ron Mcvan fan ?

tumblr_m2domhW7cW1qzvthco1_1280.jpg

LISK-Belt.jpg

I found this image drawn by American white nationalist Odinist/Wotanist Ron McVan.
The image is from his book Temple Of Wotan

Ron McVan - RationalWiki

The letter W in the word WOTAN is IMO very similar to the W in the belt.

My thought is that maybe the owner of the belt was an Odinist and maybe a Ron Mcvan fan?

tumblr_m2domhW7cW1qzvthco1_1280.jpg

LISK-Belt.jpg
Wow, what a find. Looks too similar to ignore. I hope you passed that along to authorities.

If the belt did belong to to the LISK and he holds similar views( white supremacist) of Ron McVan, he would be likely be known to members of the Sex Trade. Too bad this info was not released 9 years ago, as I do not believe there are many woman in the business now in Suffolk County, who were active 10 years ago.

hmm just a though just a thought a lot of that font in the 70s - 80s could be associated with metal bands from back then. It was popular then. I was also thinking where else would that font and why would it be on a belt? What if it was made or sold at a renaissance faire?? I know they sell self made leatherworks. They are big on Norse Mythology and Viking culture there and that font goes with all that. So they could of been a ren faire enthusiast.

I just watch a podcast about Lisk. One of the sisters of the four found in burlap sacks said she believed she had met him before and Lisk owned a tugboat company.
I just googled tugboat companies in Long Island and the first tugboat I saw had burlap sacks on the boat!!!

Hi Disco1 and geomtry1
This thread is about the new LISK evidence; the HW or WH initials on the black leather belt found at on of the LISK crime scenes.
So please keep on topic.

hmm just a though just a thought a lot of that font in the 70s - 80s could be associated with metal bands from back then. It was popular then. I was also thinking where else would that font and why would it be on a belt? What if it was made or sold at a renaissance faire?? I know they sell self made leatherworks. They are big on Norse Mythology and Viking culture there and that font goes with all that. So they could of been a ren faire enthusiast.

Hi Spookyowl
Thanks for your input.
Please post examples of the font in question, if you can find any .

I have looked for several days now and have only found that one example
from Ron MvVan's book and I have looked in font databases, within posters books cover etc etc etc of all kinds of old nors mythology, Wotan/odinism, heavy metal etc, paganism, vikings. Also have looked a bit into renaissance faire posters.
All together no luck so far, hope you find som examples and if you do
plas add links to wer you find them.

I have informed police about my Ron McVan "W" finding and also provided them a link to this thread, so I hope/assume they will be following the tread.

stunning find. It was also not uncommon for 'punk' or other 'outsider' kids to utilize symbols from non-traditional groups. Usually groups their elders would find 'shocking'. Could be a version of that.

Hi Spookyowl
Thanks for your input.
Please post examples of the font in question, if you can find any .

I have looked for several days now and have only found that one example
from Ron MvVan's book and I have looked in font databases, within posters books cover etc etc etc of all kinds of old nors mythology, Wotan/odinism, heavy metal etc, paganism, vikings. Also have looked a bit into renaissance faire posters.
All together no luck so far, hope you find som examples and if you do
plas add links to wer you find them.

I have informed police about my Ron McVan "W" finding and also provided them a link to this thread, so I hope/assume they will be following the tread.

I showed the belt sample the police published to a Graphic Design/Advertising business owner who has been in the business 30+ years and owns approximately 10,000 fonts. I asked if she had ever seen a font that resembled it and she immediately said no.

Today I showed her Theforeigner's find and she as we think, incredibly similar if not the same. Her opinion was that it was hand drawn by the artist and probably not from a font, so one of a kind. Could be incorrect, sure. It's certainly doesn't seem to be a conventional font.

I googled image searched also...gothic, viking, wotan, heavy metal font and logo's and didn't see anything similar.
There is/was also a comic book named Wotan that I saw.

I also find it's interesting that both samples are white or light letters on dark background. With regard to the police sample I was wondering if they used some type of lighting to make the lettering easier to see for photographic purpose and that's why it looks blueish white. Amazing find Theforeigner!

Last edited:
I can also see someone having a tattoo of those two letters.

I can't get over this find. This belt photo should be on news channels all over the country, social media and billboards everywhere.

Last edited:
With regard to what the police described as embossed...
Tandy Corp had a leather kit to carve, tool and stamp designs into leather. It would have been simple to transfer the letters on to a new leather belt blank and use a swivel knife to outline/cut it into the leather and then bevel the cut outline with a bevel tool. This would have had to be done to the smooth side of the leather. I don't see how this could be done to the rougher back side of a belt blank. I know there are color leather dyes but I don't know how white would be achieved.

That's a good find as well. I could see the W & H being copied.
Thank you. I've been searching for the author of this font.. but on most websites that offer this font for a free download the author or maker is unknown.

WH= Woman Hater

Hopefully someone can figure out what it really means or identify the belt & letters.

I did find this font on Dafont. looks pretty similar but... its got stars all on it...
Moon Star Font | dafont.com

Great find SpookyOwl!!!
I believe that is the right font, the stars has just been let out.
I believe that that font was used both on the blt and by Ron McVan
in his drawing.

Just found this, and the note "Font has been removed by request of copyright owner." at the end of the page is really interesting IMO.
I hope the police check out who the copyright owner is and especially WHY they asked to have the font removed, and why it is still there to be used:

Free Moonstar Font Download

Moonstar Font
See preview moonstar font and download this cool font for free. The font is classified as regular fonts. This font viewed 612 times and downloaded 25 times. You can also downloads other fonts: Moonstar for Windows and Mac at FreakFonts.com. If you like this font don't forget share them with you friends! This font available for personal use.

Moonstar5643.png

Added:
2013-09-08 18:07:57
Views: 612

Downloads: 25

Size: 0 Kb

Designer:

Category: Decorative Fonts

Style: Regular Fonts

Version: Macromedia Fontographer 4.1 09.04.99

License: Personal Use

Font Family: Moonstar

Format: True Type (TTF)

File: Moonstar.ttf

Font has been removed by request of copyright owner.

I found the copyright owner:
Gophmann A.L full name Alexandra Leopoldovna Gophmann

Moonlight - fontsb.in

moonlight_font_183550.gif

File Format: TrueType Font (.ttf)
Copyright: Copyright (c) Gophmann A.L., 2006. All rights reserved.
Style: Regular
Version: Version 1.000 2006 initial release
File Size: 147 KB

Alexandra Leopoldovna Gophmann

Alexandra Leopoldovna Gophmann

Russian designer of typefaces who collaborates with Ivan Zeifert and specializes in revivals, cyrillizations and beautiful digitizations, some of them done with Anatole Gophmann. There have been complaints about her practice of borrowing fonts from type designers without asking.
...more in the link

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77