The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

New LISK information released on LI News Radio

Fascinating interviews bout the HM/ HW belt.

January 17, 2020 Ronkonkoma, NY – New information on the Long Island Gilgo Beach serial Killer case was revealed today on LI News Radio’s morning show with host Jay Oliver.

New York Lawyer John Ray who represented the family of a murder victim found along the Ocean Parkway, near the remote beach towns of Gilgo and Oak Beach in Suffolk County, and the area of Jones Beach State Park in Nassau County.

The remains of four victims were found in December 2010, while six more sets of remains were found in March and April 2011Police believe the latest sets of remains predate the four bodies found in December 2010.

John Ray, on Long Island News radio this morning revealed some new information that may link a former disgraced Suffolk County Police Chief, James Burk to the case. Last week local police authorities posted a photograph depicting the initials HM or HW on a belt found early in the investigation but never previously released the evidence to the public. In the wake of that event numerous sources, including Attorney John Ray, have come forward to tie the belt to a former girlfriend of Burk.

This new information first made public this morning on LI News Radio with host Jay Oliver.

The audio of this interview is available here: Attorney John Ray LIVE on LI in the AM W/ Jay Oliver! 1-23-2020

Also available is an interview with LI News afternoon host Frank MacKay that previously aired with Guy Malone whose wife Heather Malone had an alleged affair with James Burk. Breaking It Down with Frank MacKay - Interview with Guy Malone

Notes on the interviews:

At 3:22 of John Ray’s interview he makes reference to a prostitute, who had the initials “H.M.”, that was running a prostitution ring by communicating through the use of a beeper.

At 5:23 of John Ray’s interview he mentions meeting with the ex-husband of the alleged “H.M.” and states that James Burke testified in the couple’s divorce.

At 1:24 of Guy Malone’s interview he speaks on finding a Suffolk County Police badge in his wife Heather’s purse, with a note attached stating that the badge was from James Burke.

At 4:47 of Guy Malone’s interview he states that he hired a private investigator to look into his phone records, and found a large amount of calls to a PageNet account.

At 8:31 of Guy Malone’s interview he states that after conducting private research into his wife and James Burke, he discovered that the pager that his wife had been using was the same pager used by Lowrita Rickenbacker, a known associate of James Burke who had been linked to prostitution in the past.

Long Island News Radio broadcasts live and local information on 103.9FM and streaming at www.linewsradio.com

A JVC Broadcasting Station.

JVC Broadcasting was formed in July 2009. The company operates over one dozen radio stations in Florida and New York. In addition the company operates Long Island Events a premier NTR facilitator and the operator of The Pennysaver Amphitheater a 7000, person outdoor concert event facility on Long Island. We broadcast and present with the mindset that if we under promise and over deliver, have integrity in all of our relationships and create an atmosphere of high energy fun and excitement ,our results will be exceptional for our clients, listeners and our families. For additional information, visit www.jvcbroadcasting.com

(This is a copy & paste from another site)

January 17, 2020 Ronkonkoma, NY – New information on the Long Island Gilgo Beach serial Killer case was revealed today on LI News Radio’s morning show with host Jay Oliver.

New York Lawyer John Ray who represented the family of a murder victim found along the Ocean Parkway, near the remote beach towns of Gilgo and Oak Beach in Suffolk County, and the area of Jones Beach State Park in Nassau County.

The remains of four victims were found in December 2010, while six more sets of remains were found in March and April 2011Police believe the latest sets of remains predate the four bodies found in December 2010.

John Ray, on Long Island News radio this morning revealed some new information that may link a former disgraced Suffolk County Police Chief, James Burk to the case. Last week local police authorities posted a photograph depicting the initials HM or HW on a belt found early in the investigation but never previously released the evidence to the public. In the wake of that event numerous sources, including Attorney John Ray, have come forward to tie the belt to a former girlfriend of Burk.

This new information first made public this morning on LI News Radio with host Jay Oliver.

The audio of this interview is available here: Attorney John Ray LIVE on LI in the AM W/ Jay Oliver! 1-23-2020

Also available is an interview with LI News afternoon host Frank MacKay that previously aired with Guy Malone whose wife Heather Malone had an alleged affair with James Burk. Breaking It Down with Frank MacKay - Interview with Guy Malone

Notes on the interviews:

At 3:22 of John Ray’s interview he makes reference to a prostitute, who had the initials “H.M.”, that was running a prostitution ring by communicating through the use of a beeper.

At 5:23 of John Ray’s interview he mentions meeting with the ex-husband of the alleged “H.M.” and states that James Burke testified in the couple’s divorce.

At 1:24 of Guy Malone’s interview he speaks on finding a Suffolk County Police badge in his wife Heather’s purse, with a note attached stating that the badge was from James Burke.

At 4:47 of Guy Malone’s interview he states that he hired a private investigator to look into his phone records, and found a large amount of calls to a PageNet account.

At 8:31 of Guy Malone’s interview he states that after conducting private research into his wife and James Burke, he discovered that the pager that his wife had been using was the same pager used by Lowrita Rickenbacker, a known associate of James Burke who had been linked to prostitution in the past.

Long Island News Radio broadcasts live and local information on 103.9FM and streaming at www.linewsradio.com

JVC Broadcasting was formed in July 2009. The company operates over one dozen radio stations in Florida and New York. In addition the company operates Long Island Events a premier NTR facilitator and the operator of The Pennysaver Amphitheater a 7000, person outdoor concert event facility on Long Island. We broadcast and present with the mindset that if we under promise and over deliver, have integrity in all of our relationships and create an atmosphere of high energy fun and excitement ,our results will be exceptional for our clients, listeners and our families. For additional information, visit www.jvcbroadcasting.com

(This is a copy & paste from another site, very interesting)

Notes on the interviews:

(This is a copy & paste from another site, very interesting)

Interesting timing (Heather Malone)

I know this might be a coincidence BUT I’m on gilgonews.com and reading on the case information (Back story). Something that keeps standing out to me is how the remains found on Gilgo Beach are tied to Manorville. Specifically Halsey Manor Road, which has the H and M on the belt. Pure coincidence but it can also have some double meaning. Maybe this person lived or did the crimes on Halsey Manor Road in Manorville. Thoughts?

Case Information

Last edited:
I know this might be a coincidence BUT I’m on gilgonews.com and reading on the case information (Back story). Something that keeps standing out to me is how the remains found on Gilgo Beach are tied to Manorville. Specifically Halsey Manor Road, which has the H and M on the belt. Pure coincidence but it can also have some double meaning. Maybe this person lived or did the crimes on Halsey Manor Road in Manorville. Thoughts?

Case Information

I've never heard of anyone putting the initials of a street name on a belt. Ive seen a name & full address on clothing before.

If this belt is Heather Malone's, & Burke was dating her, then it makes sense why Burke kept the feds at Bay.

If it really is her belt, & we don't know if it truly is, then I'm wondering how the perp didn't see the initials on the belt (they're only 1/2 inch in size) but big enough I would think to be able to see.

Unless the belt happened to be left in his car by his gf & he happened to grab it in the dark & committed the crime w/o thinking it's his gfs belt.

Again, Ray the attorney says it was Heather Malone's belt, but until the feds say it was hers & it's connected to Burke, we can only speculate.

Way too many coincidences in the LISK case.......

The font that was used on the belt was traced to a Odinist/Wotan font. it's very very familiar. so i decided to read into odinist and found a part where they talk about "Heathen Magic".... HM= Heathen magic im pretty sure!! its all about sacrifice. look it up!

So i read into Odinist/Wotan.... there is this whole section about "HEATHEN MAGIC".

Could HM on the belt stand for Heathen Magic?

WHAT OF HEATHEN SACRIFICES?

It is a well-known fact that the most widespread form of communal worship practised in ancient times by pagans of every nationality was the sacrifice. Sometimes farmyard animals would be sacrificed; sometimes it would be other agricultural produce, like grain, corn or fruit; sometimes a libation would be made by pouring liquor or oil on to the earth; sometimes treasure or weaponry would be sacrificially buried or submerged. Regardless of the form it took, the sacrifice was understood as the offering of a gift to the gods, in order to win their goodwill and to be rewarded, in turn, by their bountiful favour. The essence of the sacrifice is that something of value, some item of personal wealth, is given up, given away, consumed, destroyed or immolated.

Of course, intelligent heathens always recognised that the sacrifice is symbolic: the gods are spiritual beings, and are therefore not physically fed by the food and drink offered to them; they cannot be materially enriched by our gifts of silver and gold. As with all gifts, 'it is the thought that counts'; it is the devotion shown by the worshipper, to which the gods attribute merit, and to which they respond with generosity, in accordance with the heathen maxim of 'a gift for a gift', one gift deserving another in return.

... AND OF HEATHEN MAGIC?

The heathen sacrifice can be described theologically as a 'sacrament' (a term originally borrowed from pagan usage by Christian polemicists), that is to say, it is a symbol which effects what it symbolises, and symbolises what it effects. The sacrifice plays an important role in the cosmic conflict between the forces of order and chaos, because the symbolism of ritually offering riches or life-giving sustenance to the gods actually brings what is symbolically portrayed into effect on the spiritual plane, thereby strengthening the gods' hand in their eternal struggle against the powers of chaos. Just as the sacrifices of the battle-slain heroes, the Einheriar, add to the forces of Odin in Valhalla, so too the blood spilt, physically or figuratively, in the celebration of ritual sacrifices reinforces the power of the gods to maintain the order of Nature - and thus directly benefits human society also.

In the sense that 'magic' may be defined as a means of affecting the course of events in the natural world, or the course of human lives, through the invocation of spiritual forces, pagans, persuaded that the sacrifice is an extremely effective means of bringing about positive change in the world, and of achieving desirable ends through the workings of divine power, have always held it to be a truly magical operation, as much as an act of religious devotion and duty. Magic is not, as foolish folk argue, a means of changing the world through the exercise of the human will; it is through the exercise of divine power in co-operation with human action, that magic works

The font that was used on the belt was traced to a Odinist/Wotan font. it's very very familiar. so i decided to read into odinist and found a part where they talk about "Heathen Magic".... HM= Heathen magic im pretty sure!! its all about sacrifice. look it up!
This is misleading. The belt was not traced to any odinist/wotan font. So far, we've seen one example of wotan art that uses a very similar looking font. An actual connection has not been established and it could be a coincidence.

So upon rewatching interviews and documentaries on this case ...something jumped out at me. It may be a stretch but it was during a portion of a documentary that was discussing Peter Hackett and how he called Mari Gilbert and told her he ran a home for wayward girls. ( he never really ran such a home so why did he say he did?) The person being interviewed said something along the lines of: the location that the girls were found at was his home for wayward girls.

What if the belt initials weren't for the name of a person? What if it stands for Wayward Home? The belt could be the belt of Wayward Home and used to kill the women. I know it sounds like a stretch but my gut says the initals don't stand for a persons name and I feel like everything serial killer related sounds like a stretch until it's not. Just a thought.

The letters on the Gilgo belt are WH or HM.

Not HW/WH.

If it's WH, William (Will/Bill) is the most common name on a short list. If HM, Henry or Harry.
William
Wyatt
Weston
Wesley
Waylon
Walter
Warren
Wade
Winston
Wilder
Wilson
Watson
Wells
Wayne
Westley
Westin
Wallace
Will
Whitelaw
Wes
Wylie
Warner
Wiley
Wolfgang
Willkie
Wilmer
Waylen
West
Woodrow
Wolf

Harper
Henry
Hudson
Hayden
Harrison
Holden
Hayes
Hector
Harlow
Hugo
Harvey
Hank
Henley
Hamza
Harry
Huxley
Hezekiah
Holland
Hadlee
Harlan
Houston
Henrik
Hassan
Harold
Hugh
Howard
Harris
Harlyn
Hakeem
Hartley

So upon rewatching interviews and documentaries on this case ...something jumped out at me. It may be a stretch but it was during a portion of a documentary that was discussing Peter Hackett and how he called Mari Gilbert and told her he ran a home for wayward girls. ( he never really ran such a home so why did he say he did?) The person being interviewed said something along the lines of: the location that the girls were found at was his home for wayward girls.

What if the belt initials weren't for the name of a person? What if it stands for Wayward Home? The belt could be the belt of Wayward Home and used to kill the women. I know it sounds like a stretch but my gut says the initals don't stand for a persons name and I feel like everything serial killer related sounds like a stretch until it's not. Just a thought.

"Wayward Home" rings more like a generic description than the actual name of the home... Are you saying the belt could belong to an institution of some kind?

I'd imagine certain institutions dealing with wayward girls may not even allow belts for obvious reasons.

Jimmy Bissett and James Burke were tight friends....Jimmy Bissett had a boat and he was apparently having prostitutes on his boat and James Burke apparently hung out with him...James Burke had a prior incident involving his job with prostitutes back in the 90’s....he had good reason to not want to be seen with prostitutes at this point as he was chief of SCPD and he also is responsible for keeping the fbi from joining the investigation....there could be more players involved as well...IMO....also prostitutes bodies were not just found at Gilgo....there were also body parts showing up on shorelines...indicating someone with a boat....again IMO

I have some thoughts and comments I'd like to share as I've been following case for a while now. I will just add them in numerical order below. I hope it's easy to follow/understand.

(1) Melissa's sister, the one who recvd calls said the caller referred to her sister as a *advertiser censored*.
(2)Maureen's friend, Sara claimed to have received some calls stating that Maureen was seen in a whorehouse in Queens.

(3)Bodies were found in some of the following locations: Mamaroneck, Hempstead, Gilgo, Close to Queens area...
In the suitcase of Cheeries, I believe there was a note or message tucked inside written in Spanish.

(4)Ludwig Paz, (I believe is of Hispanic background) the retired detective who was arrested for running a slew of brothels (aka WhoreHouses)...one of which was out of Queens and Long Island areas...

(5) I believe in order to get these girls to leave their personal belongings behind, i.e; purse and esp. **phone...the caller would def have to convince them he was in need of COMPLETE anonymity. He would call late at night when he knew they were high(er) & more vulnerable and perhaps emphasis only giving them the $1500.00 if they left all of their belongings behind...or else he would NOT pick them up.
He may have mentioned he was a Cop leaving them to feel safe enough to do so and to understand keeping phones away.

(6) Shannon- From what I can see she ran anytime anyone even mentioned the word "Cop" or "Police" With police scanners...any COP with a scanner could have picked up on the calls and when over there. We have no idea bc the 911 transcripts have not been made public.

Can THE 911 Operator(s) be subpoenaed? who took Shannon's calls?

I've read before that a missing victim could not testify bc she was found dead and that the 911 Operator had testified to what the victim had said during her 911 call. Again...other girls stated that they have entertained COPS - over and over...and Shannon was clearly deadly afraid of anyone mentioning COPS to her.

Is WhoreHouse the name of their Club/ Cult...etc "WH" The belt's initials do not really come off as personal initials but more of a type of Membership or an initiation of some sort? IDK I could be wrong but wanted to share.

But...In Closing...Does anyone know if Ludwig Paz has ever been investigated for Gilgo? Or any of his cronies?
Here is his story (including his wife and the other cops below)
Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!
Retired NYPD detective, wife plead guilty to running brothels, gambling ring

Last edited:
Could the lettering on the belt be what's called "freeze branding," a type of chemical branding used on livestock for identification? Here's thumbnail I've found as an example, and a link to the site where the pic lives, which is is the Missouri Dept of Agriculture's Directory of Brands.

Directory of Missouri Brands is online!

Many states have digitally accessible branding registries.

Could be someone familiar to this process--rancher?, farmhand?--a quick Google search even found a sort of underground subset of "body modifiers" who were interested in the process.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.28.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.28.00 PM.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.35.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.35.08 PM.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 21
Why did the Suffolk police wait 9 years to release new evidence of belt in the Gilgo murders?

Definitely seems likely, freeze branding is a reverse color, burning makes a black mark, it looks like it's made with only one tool, crescent shaped, or 2 small and larger.
The font is not typical of someone who makes custom belts.
Why would anyone have a belt with initials on it in the first place?
Why only have initials most branded belts have complete words?
It also seems you'd do this to a belt you tended to wear everyday, until it wore out or broke.

I imagine this belt being wrapped around one of victims necks, most likely because the news indicated the victims were strangled.
Fisherman use burlap sacs to hold fish in the hotter months, because it keeps fish cooler for some reason.
four victims found nearest each other were last seen in summer months and all of them were small enough to fit inside a burlap sac, regardless if they were in the sacs when they were located.

Not HW/WH.

If it's WH, William (Will/Bill) is the most common name on a short list. If HM, Henry or Harry.
William
Wyatt
Weston
Wesley
Waylon
Walter
Warren
Wade
Winston
Wilder
Wilson
Watson
Wells
Wayne
Westley
Westin
Wallace
Will
Whitelaw
Wes
Wylie
Warner
Wiley
Wolfgang
Willkie
Wilmer
Waylen
West
Woodrow
Wolf

Harper
Henry
Hudson
Hayden
Harrison
Holden
Hayes
Hector
Harlow
Hugo
Harvey
Hank
Henley
Hamza
Harry
Huxley
Hezekiah
Holland
Hadlee
Harlan
Houston
Henrik
Hassan
Harold
Hugh
Howard
Harris
Harlyn
Hakeem
Hartley

Not HW/WH.

William
Wyatt
Weston
Wesley
Waylon
Walter
Warren
Wade
Winston
Wilder
Wilson
Watson
Wells
Wayne
Westley
Westin
Wallace
Will
Whitelaw
Wes
Wylie
Warner
Wiley
Wolfgang
Willkie
Wilmer
Waylen
West
Woodrow
Wolf

Harper
Henry
Hudson
Hayden
Harrison
Holden
Hayes
Hector
Harlow
Hugo
Harvey
Hank
Henley
Hamza
Harry
Huxley
Hezekiah
Holland
Hadlee
Harlan
Houston
Henrik
Hassan
Harold
Hugh
Howard
Harris
Harlyn
Hakeem
Hartley

It's hard or impossible to figure out which is the correct sequence, since the letters (font) are exactly the same lengths, the middle of the M touches the bottom line, the middle of the W touches the top line and the middle line of the H only slightly changes from lower as a last name to slightly higher as a first name. For some reason William and Henry were the first names I thought of as well.

Why would anyone have a belt with initials on it in the first place? Why not your entire name? Was it a gift? Are the initials there so you don't get it confused with some other belt that looks exactly the same?
The font is not typical of belt branding styles and it looks like it was made with only 1 or 2 tools, crescent shaped, like something you would brand animals with?
What if the entire belt was handmade? probably wear it everyday, you have others, but it's just used the most, until it breaks or it's used to wrap around a woman's neck?

I opine that although the authorities appear to have a lackluster performance record in these crimes so far I believe that it is somewhat intentionally. I ask myself how would I cause the LISK to reveal themselves through mistake or otherwise? I would go the Sun Tzu route and make them feel overconfident in their false sense of security that they wont be caught. Part of that counterintelligence strategy would involve some sort of psyops by showing some evidence not before seen, in this case the belt and state only certain information about it such that its enough to spook the LISK into second guessing themselves and slip up somewhere. It would be a good strategy to have the LISK grossly underestimate investigators capabilities and utilize media/evidence as psychological tools to play down how far they are to actually capturing their target. With the advancements in CSI technology(and science in general) I would think that the LISK couldn't have the complete foresight of every single piece of future tech that they could somehow evade and/or have countermeasure to. They will be caught; it is only a matter of time until then.

Thinking about this even more it may have been a simpler strategy for data gathering based upon the assumption that the LISK might not be able to control themselves from viewing the gilgonews site due to the news of the belt being released. Without getting too technical, the idea would be to embed certain code/software in the site and record whoever visits the site regardless if they're using vpn or other http proxy based services. They may not need the actual ip of visitors just possible basic info from http browser headers to compile into a list and compare to whatever they have on file that isn't public knowledge. However that's speculation though an interesting tactic nonetheless. Unless the LISK is somewhat versed in programming and/or IT it'll take some effort for them spoof http headers. And even if the data specifically sent in the headers is generic, the information gained by the ip address(whether by vpn/proxy or not) could help investigators correlate exisiting data and rule out or in favor of certain theories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back