AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Just a theory/speculation but do you think the 2nd HSBM was the one who called in the tip to crime stoppers about PH location and possibly put all the blame on FH?
I wonder about this as we never hear of this 2nd HSBM..

We haven't heard of anyone other than FH. Unless he was the one telling LE about going to the McClain street address, which I doubt, I think we know other people were involved or at least aware or FH's actions.

Normally I'd agree with you, but for the following reasons, I won't.

Paighton was with three other people that night. Quite frankly, LE should have had three identical versions of what happened that night, plus a pretty good description of the men that she supposedly was with. Instead, according to Paighton's mom, there are constantly changing stories, and more questions than answers. The person that received P's emergency text never bothered to contact her, despite the fact that Ps car was still sitting in her driveway the next morning. This girl was supposedly very close to Paighton, yet she skips the funeral for a business trip in Atlanta? Finally, the fact that she hired the most prominent defence attorney in Atlanta makes me believe that she is a lot more than a mere witness in this case.

I guess it is possible that she hired an attorney to protect her from disclosing other criminal activity, unrelated to P's death, that she partook in that night. But I have seen nothing from any of the three people that were with P that night that even remotely resembled, concern, sadness or sympathy toward the family.

Her not going to the funeral is not a fact :). I do not know if I would have gotten a lawyer or not but there were all kinds of stories being made up about this individual on social media. Her parents probably decided it was best she have a lawyer. There are innocent people in jail for 20+ years because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time or seemed suspicious and cops wanted to pin it on them. As for the text, I think it was confirmed she checked it a few hours later. We do not know if she called or text Paighton back. She said if I call pick up. She may not have thought she was in danger. If I was in her position, I would be calling my friend till I get a response. I would not necessarily call her parents right away though, not that I have any of my friends' parents' number.

I do think something fishy went down, but I don't think the intention was for Paighton to die, or it was some set up. I think they were doing drugs of some sort and they need to protect themselves. I also think there was some sort of argument between them resulting in Paighton being separating from them. Assuming the current MSM account is accurate.
The question is why would Paighton willingly leave with FH if she did not know him. People do meet up with random strangers to hook up but I just don't get that vibe. I am still not convinced about her getting drugs either, it is or so confusing.

Paighton's mom saying there is all this "confusing information" out there sounds to me like grasping at straws. I think LE is quiet because the case is mostly wrapped up and they need to close the loop on FH and toxicology to provide the final word. Just in my opinion, the mom doesn't want to admit her daughter relapsed and/or made some terrible choices. I get it, no parent wants to deal with that, and it's human nature to seek more complex explanations if the simple answer isn't appealing.

Paighton's mom saying there is all this "confusing information" out there sounds to me like grasping at straws. I think LE is quiet because the case is mostly wrapped up and they need to close the loop on FH and toxicology to provide the final word. Just in my opinion, the mom doesn't want to admit her daughter relapsed and/or made some terrible choices. I get it, no parent wants to deal with that, and it's human nature to seek more complex explanations if the simple answer isn't appealing.

I see a mother who doesn't give a darn what people think of her speaking out as a victim or her daughter, who is the only dead victim, well, only one, that we know of so far, to this day, imo. Why? Because Paighton is the victim and those who know Paighton, had nothing, but great things to remember and share about Paighton's character, even with the drug use dependencies surrounding her. I see a loving mother who will fight for justice and has the right to a bs free account, regarding the death of her daughter, no matter who feels they are special or entitled, that they do not have to tell the absolute truth, if this is the case. Hopefully, FH, is alive, to close this case with himself, and others charged as well, if crimes were committed, by more than one suspect, in this case.

To me, I’ve always thought it sent up red flags when someone hired a defense attorney right out of the gate. If there was some time between being interviewed by police and being looked at as a poi, then yeh, hire a criminal attorney cuz LE is giving you the stink eye. But in the very beginning? Naw. Why a defense attorney and a top one of defending the dregs of society? JMO

To me, I’ve always thought it sent up red flags when someone hired a defense attorney right out of the gate. If there was some time between being interviewed by police and being looked at as a poi, then yeh, hire a criminal attorney cuz LE is giving you the stink eye. But in the very beginning? Naw. Why a defense attorney and a top one of defending the dregs of society? JMO

The timing of the attorney's public statement in this instance suggests that he was not hired "right out of the gate," but instead was hired after rampant social media accusations and speculation regarding the coworker/friend.

The timing of the attorney's public statement in this instance suggests that he was not hired "right out of the gate," but instead was hired after rampant social media accusations and speculation regarding the coworker/friend.
i don’t follow any of these cases on social media so to that, I cannot speak. A criminal attorney isn’t going to stop anything on social media though. Any attorney can’t. Social media is its own animal.
But for argument sake, let’s say she needs an attorney because people in social media were being mean and saying bad things about her, making unfounded and untrue claims about her involvement. Still what can an attorney do about that and why would a criminal attorney be involved in that? Just wondering and this is MOO!

i don’t follow any of these cases on social media so to that, I cannot speak. A criminal attorney isn’t going to stop anything on social media though. Any attorney can’t. Social media is its own animal.
But for argument sake, let’s say she needs an attorney because people in social media were being mean and saying bad things about her, making unfounded and untrue claims about her involvement. Still what can an attorney do about that and why would a criminal attorney be involved in that? Just wondering and this is MOO!
Good question, really. I'm not sure what an attorney can do about the rumors flying on SM but I do think he would be able to legally counsel the client on how to respond, what to say, what not to say, etc. And, maybe criminal attorneys are better experience in that kind of defense? I'm just guessing here.

It sends red flags to hire one at any point in the game, imo. Imo, if Amber in Scott Peterson's case had shut up behind a Criminal Defense attorney, she may have been standing directly beside him, by the grasps of merely guilt by association or circumstantial evidence. She did hire a women's right lawyer, however, to handle 'social buzz,' and media.

Because he was ASSURED by LE, they had not one 'scintilla,' of proof against his client. He, then oddly attacked, I suppose people, I did not see or look at, on SM, of those who knew these people personally, and had suspicions of one or more Co workers.

I do wonder how many times this attorney budded into a still on going investigation, preoperatively, if she\he could prove a one second witness testimony and then bed.

He, also made certain for the bashers to take notice, he is not a civil court attorney, and stated the fact, "I was 'solely,' hired to facilitate all communication between my client and Law Enforcement."

The lawyer stated the sole reason he was hired and it was not to defend his client from social media accusers or trolls.

If a person is wishing to establish a good patient-doc relationship with their doctor (LE), I would not suggest to that person to hire a state's top medical Malpractice Attorney, and bring him to facilitate all communication between them and the physician! moo

Stop the bickering over the hiring of an attorney.

Bickering or inciting conflict in a thread can result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

State your opinion, scroll and roll or Ignore, but move on from that discussion.

Thank you.

CAPTURED:):):)

Fredrick Hampton, a 50-year-old man charged with abuse of corpse after Paighton Houston’s body was found in a shallow Hueytown grave, was taken into custody Wednesday night in Cleveland, Ohio.

The U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force has been searching for the Brighton man since shortly after the warrant against him was issued earlier this month. The U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force captured Hampton. He was taken into custody at 7:30 p.m.., said Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Cliff LaBarge.

CAPTURED:):):)

Fredrick Hampton, a 50-year-old man charged with abuse of corpse after Paighton Houston’s body was found in a shallow Hueytown grave, was taken into custody Wednesday night in Cleveland, Ohio.

The U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force has been searching for the Brighton man since shortly after the warrant against him was issued earlier this month. The U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force captured Hampton. He was taken into custody at 7:30 p.m.., said Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Cliff LaBarge.

Wonderful news! Thank you DTPeke!

Paighton Houston Update: Suspect charged with abuse of corpse captured in Ohio by U.S. Marshals

Jan 29, 2020

Hampton, a convicted sex offender, is not charged in Houston’s death, only with actions authorities say he took following her death, which in this case would be burying her. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 16 announced the felony warrant against Hampton and, along with U.S. Marshals, have been searching for him since the warrant was obtained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back