Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chiming in with so many questions (as the mom of a grade 5'er who isn't quite ready to let my kid walk to places on her own.)

Did stepmom (or dad) not have a rule about 'call me when you get there' and 'call me when you are leaving?' How long (and how often) had he been going to his friends places on his own and how close by were these houses? Was he usually permitted to go to the home of another child where a parent possibly wasn't home during the day?

If he left home at around 3:30.....that is usually around the time when kids are let out from school (in my world anyhow.) Parents driving their own kids home, bus drivers, other kids...someone should have seen him walking!

His younger sibling needs to be interviewed ASAP about the days before and the day of his disappearance. Kids that age notice and hear EVERYTHING!

Who's idea was the weekend hike?

After making assumptions about the guilt of an s/o in another case I promised myself not to jump to conclusions here....so I am just sticking to questions.

JMO

I’ve thought the same thing about the schools letting out. The Jr and Sr high schools in our district let out just before 3. The elementary schools let out around 3:30. I don’t know what time the meeting school in GS’s neighborhood lets out as it’s a K-8. No matter, it seems like the neighborhood would/should be full of activity between 3 and 4.

I really hope that the step-mom had absolutely nothing to do with this boy's disappearance. Generally speaking, the last person to see a victim is almost always who LE (and all of us) have their eyes on, but sometimes the last person to see the victim is entirely innocent, and just as torn up about it as everyone else (or more, depending on the relationship). There have been a couple of recent cases where "it was obvious" who the guilty party was, except everyone who suggested that, was 100% wrong. A good reminder to sit on the fence maybe, a little while longer, unless LE makes a statement and names the POI or suspect.

Just thinking out loud. Moo & all that sort of thing.
I do as well.
He was in her care when he disappeared, she has some responsibility.
However, without HIPAA records suggesting a history of abuse of any description or any evidence at all suggesting either a motive or any suspicious behavior on her part we may be better occupied exploring other scenarios.
Is it possible he was a victim of an unreported RTA, kids run across streets a lot? Abduction by friend, neighbor, stranger? Bullying? We know so little about his life and how he liked to spend his time...
I saw a post suggesting somebody, non family, saw him Sunday morning. Can anybody verify whether this was truth or rumor?

All really good questions but the one I bolded stood out to me. I live less than a block away from a grade school and between 3:15-ish and 3:45-ish, my normally very quiet street is quite busy with cars, and moms walking (usually with younger, non-school aged kids, and sometimes dogs on leashes) in strollers or wagons, headed to the school to meet up with kids and then walk home together. My point being, it's so busy with after-school traffic that it's possible someone actually did see him and just doesn't even realize it because after school traffic is so normal, everyone just sort of blends into the crowd.
Great point! You've got my wheels spinning....

From searching online, it appears that there are 2 elementary schools that he likely could be attending. One is an 8 minute drive and the other is a 15 minute drive from Mandan Drive, where he lives. I have no confirmation that he attends either of these schools, so if there is msm confirmation, I will edit this post.

If he had a friend who lived 'down the road' (per this link) Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com and he was walking to that friend's house, I am wondering how busy Gannon's neighbourhood is at that time of day....since the school isn't right close by?

JMO

ETA - I just read that he goes to Grand Mountain School, approx. a 6 minute drive from his house.

Last edited:
I put off watching the end of the presser cause I knew it would be hard to watch. And Oh my, it was. Those poor parents. My heart was ripping out of my chest.

I saw a couple people comment on how the mom stiffened and pulled away when dad gave her a hug at the end. It it was me, I probably would have to. I know if my oldest daughter (she's the same age as GS) was with her dad and disappeared and the last person that seen her was his wife, I think I would have a hard time NOT being angry and placing blame towards my Ex. Even though he was out of town for training and obviously had nothing to do with it, we are humans and it's hard to get control of emotions in a time with you child is missing. It is normal for us to try to blame somebody and I know I would have a hard time not directing that to the person who brought her into their lives.

I am not saying that I believe the SM is guilty, I'm waiting for more info to form a complete opinion. I'm just trying to put myself in the mothers shoes and could understand maybe one reason why she did that.

Definitely all MOO

Great point! You've got my wheels spinning....

From searching online, it appears that there are 2 elementary schools that he likely could be attending. One is an 8 minute drive and the other is a 15 minute drive from Mandan Drive, where he lives. I have no confirmation that he attends either of these schools, so if there is msm confirmation, I will edit this post.

If he had a friend who lived 'down the street' (per this link) Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com and he was walking to that friend's house, I am wondering how busy Gannon's neighbourhood is at that time of day....since the school isn't right close by?

JMO

Did your search results include Grand Mountain, the new school in GS’s neighborhood that just opened this school year? I ask because I believe that would be closer than 8 minutes.

ETA: the heavy.com article says he’s a student at Grand Mountain. I thought so. I just wanted to make sure it was mentioned there before I posted it here.

I’ve thought the same thing about the schools letting out. The Jr and Sr high schools in our district let out just before 3. The elementary schools let out around 3:30. I don’t know what time the meeting school in GS’s neighborhood lets out as it’s a K-8. No matter, it seems like the neighborhood would/should be full of activity between 3 and 4.
vehicles and people bring opportunities for all kinds of things to a normally quiet street.

Did your search results include Grand Mountain, the new school in GS’s neighborhood that just opened this school year? I ask because I believe that would be closer than 8 minutes.
Thank you.

Yes....I just saw in the article I linked that he does go to that school. I edited my post - approx. a 6 minute drive from his house.

JMO

BOOM!
139.gif

There it is!

Finally, FINALLY….We can discuss the now-infamous "Sunday Hike."

Thanks, @JerseyGirl !!!!
Has the hiking area been searched?

I really hope that the step-mom had absolutely nothing to do with this boy's disappearance. Generally speaking, the last person to see a victim is almost always who LE (and all of us) have their eyes on, but sometimes the last person to see the victim is entirely innocent, and just as torn up about it as everyone else (or more, depending on the relationship). There have been a couple of recent cases where "it was obvious" who the guilty party was, except everyone who suggested that, was 100% wrong. A good reminder to sit on the fence maybe, a little while longer, unless LE makes a statement and names the POI or suspect.

Reviewing my fundamental basics.
Investigations 101: Doubt Thy Self!

BOOM!
139.gif

There it is!

Finally, FINALLY….We can discuss the now-infamous "Sunday Hike."

Thanks, @JerseyGirl !!!!

More of a pop?! If the daughter was on the hike as well, there is the witness to confirm that nothing happened on the hike.

However, the daughter was not likely at home when GS was sick on Monday.

More of a pop?! If the daughter was on the hike as well, there is the witness to confirm that nothing happened on the hike.

I’m 100% certain nothing happened to Gannon during the hike...there was a purpose for that hike IMO

Possibly scouting out dumping areas.
Kids have been made to lie for their parents before.
Thomas Valva's dad is heard on video telling his sons to say that "mommy hits me". :(
How did step mom explain Gannon's vanishing to his dad ?
Did he buy the 'runaway' theory ?
Not saying step mom is involved-- but her actions give pause, for sure.

I hope so, too.
For some reason I'm struggling with the step mom's story.
If he ran away he should have returned by now.

From what I've seen in MSM, the hiking area hasn't even been named, so, it's hard to say anything else about that. I'm sure it's being discussed on SM but we can't bring that stuff here.

That was my next question. Where did they go on this hike? How long were they there? Is this something new or do they go on hikes all the time? Is this a new place for them to hike?

Apparently I have more than just one question about said hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911