Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
FST-FA17-5016797-S - DULOS,JENNIFER v. DULOS,FOTIS
544.00 01/31/2020 D NOTICE
newred.gif

SUGGESTION OF DEATH

I don’t think he meant to kill himself. At 9:38 he was calling new bonding company. No one told him new bonding co. in the works. NP wasn’t picking up calls bc flying to DC. So at 10:00 he’s all rigged up with his latest stall tactic. He was counting on new friend to find him when she left for the store. Which would have been a little bit later. Or to get back from store earlier. And find him. Or monitoring company to come get him. By 10:20? or so when bond guy called back, he was already sucking in CO. 10:30 was target. For monitoring company to realize he wasn’t en route. It takes about 1.5 hrs travel time. New girlfriend didn’t go into garage as expected at 10:30. Must have parked his car outside.
If there is a note? Maybe he meant it.
If he really wanted to kill himself, he would have pulled a trigger. This was a cry for help. Like pills.
We will never know. I don’t care. He deserved to be snuffed out for his crimes. At least we know he won’t get acquitted. And cannot kill another person.

I disagree. Not everyone chooses a gun, who wants to off themselves. What FD did was pretty effective. He knew he had at least an hour in that garage (he had to hurry to block the ventilation and he probably already had the hose ready).

Thing is, most successful suicides contemplate which plan is best for them and which plan they are most likely to be able to complete. Many a person finds they can't actually pull the trigger. Some imagine the noise of it (or the disfigurement of their faces) and simply can't do it. So they choose another way. Every psychiatrist knows this and knows that the successful method chosen is rarely discussed honestly with the therapist.

People who are less determined to kill themselves often choose methods and make plans that, by their very nature, make it way less likely that they'll even try.

Successful suicides are sometimes the same method, but on multiple attempts. Jumping off a bridge would be more certain, but FD (whose guns had been taken away, his homes searched, etc) was afraid he'd trigger a response with his ankle bracelet. It had to be something he could do "at home." He was staying in that house so that he could work himself up to do it, as he knew it would be necessary to avoid prison (at some point). He rightfully thought that he would have gone to jail this week and probably never gotten out again...

Just because pills and gas are less successful than guns (which, btw, are not always successful - and those are sad cases indeed), does not mean that thousands do not use those methods successfully. Gas from an automobile might actually have way more appeal for a certain kind of methodical person than a shotgun blast or the uncertainty of using a pistol.

If this was relatively impulsive, then where would he have gotten a gun?

Will be interesting (and telling) to see if he'll put in a claim as a creditor.

I think NP collected in advance (took a retainer from FD) and will now be asked by the estate to account for his billed hours. Then, if the Estate is smart, they'll ask a judge whether NP's charges are "reasonable." I suspect that a judge will ban any hours billed after Tuesday and that NP is devastated by that. Plus he's already spent the money that FD gave him and...might have to pay some of it back.

MOO. But I'd make a modest wager that this is true.

Bonus Round: I am guessing AC is the Executor, so...we shall see. I could be wrong about all of this.

My son’s wife left him for his best friend who was a wealthy owner of a business that was married with a little girl. When that happened his wife sued him for divorce and child support. They also owned a 1000 acre farm here in SC. On paper he broke his company to almost broke and also used the equity line at farm and milked it for over a million. The courts granted her a divorce based on adultery with her receiving family home and 40%, 6 years of alimony plus child support. Trouble is 40% of zero is zero. While this was all going on, my son’s then ex-wife changed her legal address to another neighboring state where it is believed the boyfriend put money siphoned from estate/farm in a bank. Fotis probably did the same thing.

If Pattis was being paid by the State of CT for Dulos' defense as "assigned counsel", there wouldn't have been a retainer agreement, and NP would have no worries about his fees or expenses.

You are only assigned counsel if you are indigent and unable to fund your own defense. Was there a declaration of that for FD? I have a hard time believing the state is going to foot the bill for someone who makes $500,000 bail?

I don’t think the power was off in that house-I just think they hadn’t been paid. I am not sure about CT, but in a lot of places you can’t easily shut off the power, esp. in the winter. If anybody knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.

Some paperwork said that he had gotten shut off notices. We don't know if it was shut off. Apparently, you have to apply for hardship cases to not get power shut off (Winter Protection / Winter Moratorium - United Way of Connecticut - 211 and eLibrary - Energy Assistance/Utilities) so he would have had to contact the CT Dept. of Public Utilities.

Who Is Eligible? (any ONE of the following situations)

Customers who lack the resources to pay the bill and who receive city, state or federal financial assistance, and/or Medicaid.
Customers whose sole source of income is Social Security, Veterans Administration, OR Unemployment Comp.
Customers who are head of household and unemployed if the household income during the preceding 12 months was less than 300% FPL (children’s income is not counted, nor is the income of anyone in the house who has been there less than 6 months.)
Customers who are seriously ill or who have a household member who is seriously ill
Customers whose income is below 60% of state median income.
Customers whose circumstances threaten deprivation of food and necessities of life if payment of a delinquent bill is required.
Some companies will code customer “hardship” if they receive any energy assistance payment (private or public.)

I disagree. Not everyone chooses a gun, who wants to off themselves. What FD did was pretty effective. He knew he had at least an hour in that garage (he had to hurry to block the ventilation and he probably already had the hose ready).

Thing is, most successful suicides contemplate which plan is best for them and which plan they are most likely to be able to complete. Many a person finds they can't actually pull the trigger. Some imagine the noise of it (or the disfigurement of their faces) and simply can't do it. So they choose another way. Every psychiatrist knows this and knows that the successful method chosen is rarely discussed honestly with the therapist.

People who are less determined to kill themselves often choose methods and make plans that, by their very nature, make it way less likely that they'll even try.

Successful suicides are sometimes the same method, but on multiple attempts. Jumping off a bridge would be more certain, but FD (whose guns had been taken away, his homes searched, etc) was afraid he'd trigger a response with his ankle bracelet. It had to be something he could do "at home." He was staying in that house so that he could work himself up to do it, as he knew it would be necessary to avoid prison (at some point). He rightfully thought that he would have gone to jail this week and probably never gotten out again...

Just because pills and gas are less successful than guns (which, btw, are not always successful - and those are sad cases indeed), does not mean that thousands do not use those methods successfully. Gas from an automobile might actually have way more appeal for a certain kind of methodical person than a shotgun blast or the uncertainty of using a pistol.

If this was relatively impulsive, then where would he have gotten a gun?

Thank you for saying this! My mother's overdose worked quite effectively and efficiently. The method used does not matter or make one suicide more legit than another. My mom used what was available to her not because she was faking it...

IMO FD must have been possessed of the sociopathic charm that a small, but real, handful of these malignant narcissists possess. The lovebombing phase is a powerful drug. Undoubtedly AC was still experiencing the lovebombing bc FD needed her money. ...and even intelligent, successful, well-adjusted person can fall for the narcissist in this phase—like JD. This honeymoon is followed by hot-cold hot-cold where the victim keeps waiting for things to go back to ‘normal’ — a normal that never existed. JD wrote about this in her journal entries and MT even admitted to LE that she and FD fought all the time. Then the discard phase — the phase where your narcissist, say, spends most of his time away from home waterskiing and cheating and when he’s home he’s exploding about small things. No doubt FD was lovebombing the hell out of his mark AC, and yet did not give her even a moment's thought when he implemented his suicide plan. He must have known AC would find him dead in his car. A monster, through and through. MT and AC have their own respective culpability for their parts, of course, but FD is the classic abuser and he just happens to be very very good at the lovebombing part. MOO MOO
100% on the money. It's easy to blame the victim/survivor but if you have not personally experienced it, most people have no clue. Nobody can say anything bad about Jennifer and yet, she fell for it. She trusted. FD is 100% at fault. WARNING: If anybody thinks it would never happen to them, think again. IME.

Some paperwork said that he had gotten shut off notices. We don't know if it was shut off. Apparently, you have to apply for hardship cases to not get power shut off (Winter Protection / Winter Moratorium - United Way of Connecticut - 211 and eLibrary - Energy Assistance/Utilities) so he would have had to contact the CT Dept. of Public Utilities.

Who Is Eligible? (any ONE of the following situations)

Customers who lack the resources to pay the bill and who receive city, state or federal financial assistance, and/or Medicaid.
Customers whose sole source of income is Social Security, Veterans Administration, OR Unemployment Comp.
Customers who are head of household and unemployed if the household income during the preceding 12 months was less than 300% FPL (children’s income is not counted, nor is the income of anyone in the house who has been there less than 6 months.)
Customers who are seriously ill or who have a household member who is seriously ill
Customers whose income is below 60% of state median income.
Customers whose circumstances threaten deprivation of food and necessities of life if payment of a delinquent bill is required.
Some companies will code customer “hardship” if they receive any energy assistance payment (private or public.)
From my past social services positions, most companies will not shut off if there is payment arrangements . If ppl do not honor those arrangements, service could be shut off. I seriously doubt he even tried to arrange a payment plan with the utility companies. What a windfall of bills FD probably had... JMO

State Sen. Alex Bergstein unveiled her proposal Friday for the Child Safety First Bill – the same week that the Jennifer Dulos case made headlines across the nation.
Before Jennifer Dulos disappeared on May 24, she was in the middle of a contentious and drawn out divorce case with Fotis Dulos. Hundreds of motions were filed over two years, including ones where she told the court she feared for her life.
“Such cases are often labeled ‘high conflict,’ but that's a misnomer,” says Bergstein. “These cases are often the results of abusers weaponizing the legal system to harass, intimidate and destroy the person who dared to leave.”
Bergstein says there are many failures in the system that need to be addressed. Her proposed legislation focuses on one of them – child custody.
Currently, the Connecticut statute requires courts to look at domestic abuse among the 16 factors when determining what's in a child's best interest. Bergstein believes abuse is the most important factor and should be determined first.
“We stand here today seeking justice for Jennifer and for all the women and children whose lives have been lost,” Bergstein said Friday, surrounded by advocates. “Though we can't bring any of them back, we can work to ensure the safety of those who are still alive and suffering from abuse.”
Carrie Luft, a close friend of Jennifer Dulos, was also in attendance to hear the proposal. She's acted as spokesperson for the family for more than seven months but did not wish to speak to News 12 on camera.
Child Safety First Bill would put abuse as priority in child custody cases

It's nothing interesting and its sealed It just states hes dead. Read the civil ones they're copy pasted

From the other case:

lile.gif
HHD-CV18-6088971-S FARBER, GLORIA, EXECUTOR OF THE ESTATE OF HILLIARD v. DULOS, FOTIS Et Al

DOCKET NO: HHD-CV-18-6088970-S : SUPERIOR COURT GLORIA FARBER, as Executor of the : J.D. OF HARTFORD Estate of HILLIARD FARBER, V. : AT HARTFORD FORE GROUP, INC. and FOTIS DULOS : JANUARY 31, 2020 ________________________________________________________________________ DOCKET NO.: HHD-CV-18-6088971-S : SUPERIOR COURT GLORIA FARBER, as Executor of the : J.D. OF HARTFORD Estate of HILLIARD FARBER V. : AT HARTFORD FOTIS DULOS : JANUARY 31, 2020 SUGGESTION OF DEATH The plaintiff in the above-entitled matter hereby gives notice of the death of the defendant Fotis Dulos on January 30, 2020 from carbon monoxide poisoning. PLAINTIFF, By______/s/____________ Richard P. Weinstein, Esquire of

IMO FD must have been possessed of the sociopathic charm that a small, but real, handful of these malignant narcissists possess. The lovebombing phase is a powerful drug. Undoubtedly AC was still experiencing the lovebombing bc FD needed her money. ...and even intelligent, successful, well-adjusted person can fall for the narcissist in this phase—like JD. This honeymoon is followed by hot-cold hot-cold where the victim keeps waiting for things to go back to ‘normal’ — a normal that never existed. JD wrote about this in her journal entries and MT even admitted to LE that she and FD fought all the time. Then the discard phase — the phase where your narcissist, say, spends most of his time away from home waterskiing and cheating and when he’s home he’s exploding about small things. No doubt FD was lovebombing the hell out of his mark AC, and yet did not give her even a moment's thought when he implemented his suicide plan. He must have known AC would find him dead in his car. A monster, through and through. MT and AC have their own respective culpability for their parts, of course, but FD is the classic abuser and he just happens to be very very good at the lovebombing part. MOO MOO
Yes. I was thinking he must've still had her in the 'lovebombing phase' and had not shown her the hot-cold yet? But would he have been able to hold it together when she was staying at 4JC? I wonder if she had started to see his temper, etc.

Psychopaths are capable of great charm. Hypomania is contagious. A person can feel quite safe around a psychopath, if he decides to beguile them. Many people who suffer from anxiety are attracted to antisocial/narcissistic (cluster B) types because those people have an almost magical power to influence others' emotions (and inside mental hospitals, they are quite difficult to manage and often get all the other patients on their side, then split into warring groups, all for the amusement and promotion of the Leader Psychopath). Most psychiatrists and psychologists either will not accept these types into their practices OR they will only have 1-2 at a time.

Other people's strong emotions are certainly transmissible, especially to empathic people. So an anxious, empathic woman would fall under his spell. There are a lot of anxious, empathic women.
BBM:
I never felt more safe in my life than with the Malignant N/Sociopath. I literally believed he would take a bullet for me. He was my hero and protector. Little did I know I was in so much danger. I have strong empathic traits.

10ofRods wrote- Bonus Round: I am guessing AC is the Executor, so...we shall see. I could be wrong about all of this.
-----------------------------------------
So maybe the promise that she could confiscate
his personal belongings to pay back her loss of
bail money?
Wonder if he had a will? Must have if he named
someone executor.
Wonder if there was talk of suicide with him?

Yeah, then what was it? It can’t be just sex-a pretty girl with money wouldn’t have any trouble at all finding that. And if she is wealthy in her own right, what did she need his money for? I still don’t think Fd would have ever been classified as “loaded”, even when Jennifer was with him, from everything I’ve seen. Smoke and mirrors is more like it. The loans he got for properties in which he had no collateral are puzzling, too. Did they look at him as a good risk by rolling the dice and hoping he stayed married to “Liz Claiborne’s” niece or something?

I don’t know. It’s weird. She clearly has money and he clearly doesn’t or he wouldn’t need her help. It’s mysterious. Why such a bond with him? I mean we’ve heard that people found him to be “a great guy” because of his charming veneer and fancy house selling company, but I don’t get it. Maybe he was a good enough actor that people he kept at somewhat arms length thought he was wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn