Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Tip: If you’re not sure if a site is considered MSM/allowed here, plug the domain name into the search here. If it comes back with a bunch of previous posts you should be good. NOTE: This doesn’t apply to SM sites.

I also have a hard time believing he could successfully run away on his own.

However, what if he had help? He's a gamer and may have Roblox, Snapchat, Musically, tik tok, etc. Perhaps, he met someone online that started chatting with him and he started talking about his desire to run away. Maybe an adult with nefarious intentions saw this as an opportunity? I'm just trying to think outside the box and was reminded of the Savannah Pruitt case. Surely, LE is looking into all his online activity.

I'm having a hard time not focusing on SM so I thought I'd try to open my mind a bit.
Good thinking and clever thinking. Of course.
I forced myself to work in a different direction too for the same reasons, but mostly his mother's words at the presser assuring her child the two were standing together and acknowledging it was what he most wanted.
I tried to push it aside in my thoughts but I realised that was dishonest of me.
She was telling us a story.
His dad remarried 2015, January. Exactly 5 yrs ago.
I do not know date and I think it's a wild shot too but maybe not.
But, only to add that if she felt the need to say that to him in the present circumstances, we can maybe guess that the separation is a source of pain for him. A significant pain, even though he has had 5 years to become accustomed to it.

Myheart is just gone to her, she is in absolute agony yet summoned a semblance of courage and superhuman strength to deliver that message to a son she hopes is still alive.
It is opening all kinds of chapters in my mind, places I do not wish to go or dwell as they are entirely speculative and too awful to mention.
Was she referring to a conversation that had taken place between them in the past?
He mostly wanted his parents to stand together, in some capacity or role on his behalf or for themselves or somebody else?
I'm kinda sorry I made this post now... I don't want to listen to speculation and I dont want to speculate myself further than is necessary in an attempt to locate him alive cos time may be running out for him, plans may have gone wrong or ...

He had about 5 hrs headstart.
I imagine at 11, he knew how to ride buses etc though I'm pretty sure LE would have checked all that out.
Where is the nearest train to his house and what routes does it serve?
Could he have saved lots of pocket money and taken a bus to a train depot or a long route bus depot and traveled further afield?
I wouldn't count on the bus thing. Colorado in general doesn't have a prominent bus system anywhere, especially not Colorado Springs. I would bet there are many adults in that city who have never ridden a city bus, and it would be really quite unusual to see a child on one.

Oh man. I just found this thread this afternoon and am catching up as I can. I was so afraid the presser would be bad news, so I'm able to breathe again after watching it. I don't have a good feeling. My heart really goes out to mom and dad. I made it through her part and then the daddy just broke my heart. He's so scared of what may turn out to be. Like he's just dreading something he fears. I don't feel hopeful. Right now, I'm very fearful for what's become of this sweet little guy. I want so much to be wrong.

My sister used to take the bus in Portland as a young teen, so you are correct in that regard. But it doesn’t change the fact that our bus service is subpar. I looked up the route for my husband to take the bus to work once. It would’ve taken 3+ hours with multiple changes and walking a couple miles between stops. And he was working at a local hospital at the time.
I will second this...I've lived in Portland, now in Colorado, and was born and raised in CO. You see younger people on buses in Portland (and other cities) regularly because they have a great, and reliable, system. I have never seen an unaccompanied child on a city bus in Colorado in my entire life that I can recall.

I will second this...I've lived in Portland, now in Colorado, and was born and raised in CO. You see younger people on buses in Portland (and other cities) regularly because they have a great, and reliable, system. I have never seen an unaccompanied child on a city bus in Colorado in my entire life that I can recall.
I live in Denver. My unaccompanied 12-13yrnold rides. I think urban is different than Hwy or more rural though. A bus driver would have surely alerted authorities if a child had ridden alone in the area.

I don't think he is a runaway.

Also...Hi, first post. I've been reading for a long time.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

:( o_O

Interesting. And she asked for an attorney numerous times during her interview w/ LE.

She says when he gets home, she'll be glad that all these people with terrible theories will have to apologize. Nothing about being really happy that he's home.

OT: what is with some parents naming kids after motorcycles? What's next? Toyota? Kawasaki? Honda?

Attachments

• 138FE0A3-5B2D-44CB-8CCE-385B0577C04B.jpeg
    138FE0A3-5B2D-44CB-8CCE-385B0577C04B.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics