Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Since we are so close in proximity of the family, where they live, we felt like this would be a natural place to come together and just provide support for the community...this community is going to make it through this difficult time. We don't know what's going on, but our hearts hurt. We just want to be here for everyone," Lead Pastor Paul Aragon said.

Media Pastor Andy Davenport says people at the church describe Gannon as "a smiling kid, happy kid who just wants to come and hang out and have a good time." His message to the congregation: "We don't want to talk about the maybes or yeses or noes. We just want to lift him in prayer and pray that he can come home."

Volunteers were out Thursday tying blue ribbons around the neighborhood to continue showing support to Gannon's family. Blue is Gannon's favorite color.
FBI now involved in search for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch

I cant get it to play guys, please can someone summarise points of interest?

She is the victim.
She is not living in the house because Gannon's mother is there.
Speaks about Gannon in the past tense.
She wants an apology from everyone pointing the finger at her, especially her husband.
Was questioned aggressively by the police.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

PSA to any innocent person who finds themselves in the crosshairs of a missing persons investigation. All you need to say publicly is the following:

"Rumors are a distraction from the most important thing, finding X. I am giving LE all the information they need so they can move on from me and focus on bringing X home safely"

And then actually do the bolded part. You're welcome.

She is the victim.
She wants an apology from everyone pointing the finger at her, especially her husband.

Thanks Angelo. Past tense and apparently then her own husband is pointing the finger at her :(

I'm sorry, but now is NOT the time for her to get punches in on mom. I hate to say this, but she just made herself look bad. I can understand the hell she has probably been through, but MOO this was not the way to go about it.
And I'm only in like 5 mins...

Last edited:
According to the Sheriff, they were called to the house for a report of a runaway. Usually, it is a patrol officer who responds to take an initial report. Different agencies may refer to these initial reports as “incident reports” or something similar. They are forms, sometimes on paper, sometimes computerized, which require you to fill in all the preliminary information - date, dispatch time, time of incident, TYPE OF INCIDENT, address, person reporting, witnesses, phone number etc. Then there is a block to fill in the specifics of the incident/crime. This is a very important section. Police academies routinely teach courses in report writing. You are trained to answer the questions of who, what, when, where and why. You are trained to stick to the facts and to be concise.
It can be used in court if a case goes to trial. They are also public record.
In this case, the report probably read something like:
“On Monday, January 27, 2020 at approximately 6:55 pm I was dispatched to *advertiser censored* Mandan Rd on report of a runaway child. Upon arrival I was met by SM, who advised me that her stepson Gannon Stauch had run away.”
We do not know for sure what SM told the officer next. He likely asked pertinent questions: When did he leave? How do you know he ran away? Why did he run away? Etc
This is the crux of this case.
After taking this preliminary report, the responding officer makes certain decisions. He may call for a supervisor, a detective, additional officers. At any rate, until a supplementary report is written, the case will be classified as a runaway.
Meanwhile, while we might be thinking LE is doing nothing, LE immediately begins to try and verify what they have been told. For the most part, at least initially, they will take what they have been told at face value. However, LEO have hinky meters, too. Do the facts fit? Is SM’s demeanor off? Are there witnesses? Is there CCTV?
What they do know is that they have an 11 year old child who is not at home. Why?
I really do appreciate you sharing your first hand knowledge when it comes to things like this. I find it tremendously helpful. You should consider becoming verified professional in your field Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

She is the victim.

I listened to the part about her husband a couple times because I couldn’t tell if she was saying she couldn’t wait for apologies FOR her husband or FROM him. I still don’t know.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but now is NOT the time for her get punches in on mom. I hate to say this, but she just made herself look bad. I can understand the hell she has probably been through, but MOO this was not the way to go about it.
And I'm only in like 5 mins...

Right? What does she say about mom in private if she’s willing to throw her under the bus like that on TV?

Video of stepmom being interviewed... Whoa. Did not hear genuine worry, exhaustion, thoughtful answers. She bashed his mom pretty quickly, was mainly concerned with her own image and said several times she expects an apology when he's found... Noticed she spoke of him in the past tense once. Such an unpleasant self- absorbed person, thinking it's at all about her right now. At least in this interview, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member