Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I.... wow. That interview.

Earlier the one thing from the parents presser that really stuck with me was mom saying something about both mom and dad being up there together. Seems that maybe Gannon (naturally) wanted his parents reunited.

I wonder if that wasn't the cause of conflict at times between bio and step mom (and maybe even dad). Maybe the reason for the bitterness we hear in this interview from step mom. Of course she should put that aside now but ... didn't.

If he was supposedly sick enough to be home from school and needing a doctor's appointment, how does that fit with him being allowed to go and play at a friend's house? Wouldn't the friend have been at school? Wouldn't GS have been too sick to go play with a friend if he was home from school?

The stepmom's story just doesn't add up.

GS not being at school that day makes me very worried. All too often excuses are made in order to hide the true timeline, especially in abuse deaths involving children.

When was the last time a non family member saw this poor child alive?
The Heavy article described his absence as due to sickness or a doctor's appointment which suggests there are 2 versions doing the media rounds.
It is possible he may have had a consultant appointment lined up, we know he is on medicaction and has already survived a very low birth weight to thrive.
It is possible and probably provable that they attended burger King after their walk and it's likely that cctv footage exists to prove that visit.
It is possible the child she brought into the interview, when she felt herself flailing, was telling the truth, that he had returned home after the trek.
The child seemed confused about what it was she was meant to say.
From whatever time they entered the home, if they did to 6.55pm the following day is a lot of hours.
Another possibility is that she did not stay home that night.
I'm trying to grasp a slim hope that he's in hiding or being hidden by somebody for some reason, that he escaped.
I'll send him a blessing and hope he receives it.

At 02:39, SM says: "I've taken care of Gannon for the last two years, in our home, because his mother didn't want to do it."
VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out
I don't believe that for one minute, SM. There's more to the "story" than what she is saying.

In light of how incredibly hurtful this comment would be if any child heard a stepparent say it, I wonder if Gannon's stepmom felt free to do so because she feels confident that he NEVER WILL?
I also noticed that she very clearly positions herself as part of a unit with his dad (taking care of Gannon "in OUR home") which emphasizes her perspective--that THEIR (SM/bio dad) home is not HIS (Gannon's) home.

"The El Paso County Sheriff's Office announced they were taking applications for citizen volunteers in the search effort. Click here to apply or email

As of Friday afternoon, the sheriff's office had received more than 70 tips in the case.

On Thursday, 11 News learned The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) deployed a consultant from their Team Adam program to help. Team Adam is a free resource provided by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to law enforcement. Named after Adam Walsh, the abducted and murdered son of NCMEC co-founders John and Revé Walsh, Team Adam provides rapid, on-site assistance to law enforcement (LE) agencies and families in critical cases of missing children.

The National Guard has also dispatched some of its troops to help. Gannon's father is a member of the Colorado National Guard.

Civilian-led search parties have combed the area in and around the Lorson Ranch neighborhood, where Gannon's home is located.

"So far, we've had random people going out anywhere they can," said Sara Robertson, one of the volunteers searching for Gannon Wednesday. "We decided to have more of an organized community around here, so we're all meeting here and heading out in different directions. We have about 40 per group. We have it gridded out checking every neighborhood all the surrounding grassy areas and fields ... looking in holes, in culverts, in ditches, anything we can do."

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy not seen for days, stepmom speaks with 11 News and sheriff's office asks for volunteers

Last edited:
"He did not go to school on Monday, according to social media posts from family members, possibly because he was sick or had a doctor’s appointment, and his stepmom said he had gone to a friend’s house 'down the road'.”

Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Heavy.com's stated source is social media posts, which are not allowed. "Possibly had a doctor's appointment," so still speculation.

I get how everyone feels, and I saw the same video you did. It's just that I, for me, want to be very careful what I write about someone with no backing in facts given by LE. Because words have consequences, and the internet is forever.

JMO

Heavy.com's stated source is social media posts, which are not allowed. "Possibly had a doctor's appointment," so still speculation.I get how everyone feels, and I saw the same video you did. It's just that I, for me, want to be very careful what I write about someone with no backing in facts given by LE. Because words have consequences, and the internet is forever.
JMO

Social media posts are allowed if they are quoted in permitted MSM which I believe Heavy.com is.

I.... wow. That interview.

Earlier the one thing from the parents presser that really stuck with me was mom saying something about both mom and dad being up there together. Seems that maybe Gannon (naturally) wanted his parents reunited.

I wonder if that wasn't the cause of conflict at times between bio and step mom (and maybe even dad). Maybe the reason for the bitterness we hear in this interview from step mom. Of course she should put that aside now but ... didn't.

Parents won't be reuniting, as both are remarried with children (bio mom has two girls.) Show of solidarity in love for their child, and I think GS knows they love him dearly.

You do NOT have to be charged before you can hire an attorney to advise you. Public defender later if unable to afford to hire one if you've been charged (and she has not been, nor named as a POI).

It is a common occurence to have an attorney's help when overwhelmed by a situation of any type, which this woman obviously is.

Her rights do not disappear because people want to drag her. I'd say that it's in just such situations that one's rights need to be protected most, or we would become an actual mob instead of just an online one.

JMO
At the moment the concern is for the child's rights.
We have not discussed her.
This is the first time she has appeared.
She gave this interview herself, voluntarily to a journalist.
He could have asked better questions that might lead to finding the child.
We didn't know her, I didn't follow any social media nonsense on it and still exploring the possibility he may be alive and in hiding.
She is responsible for the interview she gave.
Most of us are anxious for the child to be found.
We are utterly gobsmacked but we don't do 'mob' here.

When she goes to get her 17 year old daughter (off camera) to verify to the reporter that Gannon was home after the hike, stepmom must’ve forgot her mic was on? Her daughter asks her what she’s supposed to say?

JMHO
Yes, starting around 6:29. And SM says to her "No, just answer the question yes, you came home from work and you can verify Gannon was at home." The daughter comes on camera and says:

"So yes, I came home later that evening, I was at work and I can verify he was there that night." SM says they hiked at Garden of the Gods.

But when the reporter starts talking about Gannon saying he was going to a friend's house the SM says she can't comment about that, not because of the ongoing investigation but because some things have been "turned and twisted." Once again she talks about people saying mean things which is why she doesn't want to answer that.

So IMO that unfortunately leaves another gaping hole in the timeline.

She told her daughter how to answer about seeing Gannon on Sunday...(around 7.00 mark)

What I got from that was that daughter wasn't expecting to be put into the interview -- "what do you want me to say?" just sounds exactly to me like a put-upon teenager, not one colluding with mom on a story.

JMO

This case is a weird one for sure. I haven’t read through all the posts, but I watched that interview & am withholding judgement. IMO, I’m wondering if she argued with the boy and he stomped out the door, or she made some sort of poor judgement decision that could have contributed to a negative outcome (“fine, just leave!) It would explain the father being mad.

My gut is that she did not hurt him, but she’s holding details back because she doesn’t want to look worse. I’m afraid this is going to be an abduction off the side of the road or an injury he befell after leaving the house. All my opinion.

I agree. I'm not necessarily sensing a murderess or even physical hurt here IMO but my intuition says that she's guilty on some level, be it simply because she doesn't truly love the boy or he left upset or whatever. Else why would she be so militant and defensive?

What I got from that was that daughter wasn't expecting to be put into the interview -- "what do you want me to say?" just sounds exactly to me like a put-upon teenager, not one colluding with mom on a story.

JMO

Another thing I noticed is throughout she kept saying something along the lines of "in front of my minor daughter" "She is still child" Something along the lines of that. But she willingly brought her 17 year old child in front of the camera in an interview that will surly be all over that state, if not further. Just seemed really contradictory to me.

MOO

Watched the interview and wow. I think she did not end up getting an attorney because they would have advised her not to do this. The shot at mom pissed me off. If I were in her shoes, I would have taken a poly. So telling that detectives were questioning her in a way she felt threatened. Because things were not adding up. I have so many questions though.
Why did detectives put her daughter in handcuffs? I didn't understand the whole walmart story and car keys.
There was a point in the video where the reporter tried to ask her about an incident that happened a month ago? Did anyone hear that? Right after her daughter leaves the picture and she says she's not going to talk about that.
The end where she pleads for GS to come home felt so fake to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain