AR AR - April Andrews, 15, Pea Ridge, 18 Nov 2006

I have personally always found it odd that the first investigator went missing as well. IMO it sounds like she got too close to an answer.

Seems like an awful big coincidence.

Where did you here this at? Just wondering since I'm not sure if I missed any information about this case.

http://wreg.com/2015/11/21/benton-county-sheriff-opens-cold-case-of-missing-girl/

BENTON COUNTY, Ark. — New efforts hope to bring closure to a 9-year-old missing person’s case in Benton County.

The sheriff’s office there has put together a special task force to investigate the disappearance of April Andrews.

She was last seen in 2006. Andrews, who was 15 at the time, was walking from her house to a nearby church when she stopped to talk to a person driving an older-model truck.

The sheriff’s office said the task force will bring a new perspective and fresh eyes to the investigation.

Woman Searches For Missing Sister in a 12-Year-Old Cold Case
By:
Updated: May 27, 2018
"There had to been something or someone that done something to her or convinced her that they were gong to do something or her for her to go. There's no way that April would have just left like that," Washburn said.

Lt. Bret Hagan isn't in charge of Andrews' case, but he leads his team in Washington County whenever a person goes missing.

"It's a multi-agency and a multi-collaborative effort," Hagan said.

Hagan says there are two missing persons cases in Washington County.

That's only a fraction of the 500 active cases in the entire state, many which law enforcement have simply run out of options.

"It does not mean the case file hits the shelf and gets stored away. What that means is that we get a fresh set of eyes on it," Hagan said.

While police keep working, Washburn will continue staring into a photograph of a missing girl, who for now, can only stare right back.

"If she's not alive, I want to think she's with my dad. If she is alive, i just want to know that she's ok," Washburn said."
Story_2209903_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I have personally always found it odd that the first investigator went missing as well. IMO it sounds like she got too close to an answer.

Seems like an awful big coincidence.
Your suspicion may be right. She was no longer a police officer but she may have still been looking into this case. Notice where she was found. Only about a ten minute drive from the address of a more famous unsolved abduction. Now the coincidence looks even bigger. The officer came up missing in 2008 and was found may 20, 2018. Even if she died of natural causes, what made her go to that other state? What put her so close to the address of that other unsolved abduction? She didn't know anyone in that other state. Was it just an odd coincidence or did she find a link between two unsolved abductions?

Woman Searches For Missing Sister in a 12-Year-Old Cold Case
By:
Updated: May 27, 2018
"There had to been something or someone that done something to her or convinced her that they were gong to do something or her for her to go. There's no way that April would have just left like that," Washburn said.

Lt. Bret Hagan isn't in charge of Andrews' case, but he leads his team in Washington County whenever a person goes missing.

"It's a multi-agency and a multi-collaborative effort," Hagan said.

Hagan says there are two missing persons cases in Washington County.

That's only a fraction of the 500 active cases in the entire state, many which law enforcement have simply run out of options.

"It does not mean the case file hits the shelf and gets stored away. What that means is that we get a fresh set of eyes on it," Hagan said.

While police keep working, Washburn will continue staring into a photograph of a missing girl, who for now, can only stare right back.

"If she's not alive, I want to think she's with my dad. If she is alive, i just want to know that she's ok," Washburn said."
Story_2209903_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
I googled to see if there were any other child abductions in Arkansas in 2006 or 2007. For some reason, I couldn't find anything.

I googled to see if there were any other child abductions in Arkansas in 2006 or 2007. For some reason, I couldn't find anything.
This makes me think of the Conroy case of 1993. Especially since it mentions the victims getting into a truck. In both cases, everyone permanently disappeared.

Your suspicion may be right. She was no longer a police officer but she may have still been looking into this case. Notice where she was found. Only about a ten minute drive from the address of a more famous unsolved abduction. Now the coincidence looks even bigger. The officer came up missing in 2008 and was found may 20, 2018. Even if she died of natural causes, what made her go to that other state? What put her so close to the address of that other unsolved abduction? She didn't know anyone in that other state. Was it just an odd coincidence or did she find a link between two unsolved abductions?

What can you tell me about this other abduction case in Iowa near where she was found ?

I can't discuss both cases on one thread. Look at this though. What had Cerilla Doyle been working on? Where was Cerilla Doyle found? How far from Jodi abduction site was Cerilla found? Google maps shows this. If she killed herself, which is possible, why did she choose that spot? Did she find out something about April Andrews that lead her to Mason City? Could committing suicide at that exact spot be some kind of clue?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back