Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
The van photo??? That isn't tape. It's just black shorts/skirt she was wearing. To be honest I think she is just sitting on her hands.

I have to agree, those are shorts, not tape. Most of us 80s girls in Junior high/middle school, wore this style with the side split. In fact, our school issued gym shorts were this style.
adidas-shorts-80s-running-shorts-high

I've inserted a link to a similar pair
Adidas Shorts 80s Running Shorts High Waisted Retro Striped Jogging Shorts Gym Racing Baby Blue Navy Blue Athletic Joggers Small Medium

I have to agree, those are shorts, not tape. Most of us 80s girls in Junior high/middle school, wore this style with the side split. In fact, our school issued gym shorts were this style.
adidas-shorts-80s-running-shorts-high

I've inserted a link to a similar pair
Adidas Shorts 80s Running Shorts High Waisted Retro Striped Jogging Shorts Gym Racing Baby Blue Navy Blue Athletic Joggers Smaldl Medium
Thanks! But I still have a problem with that part under her thigh. It goes all the way to her other leg without going inward. Only explanation is that it's way too big.

Last edited:
Thanks! But I still have a problem with that part under her thigh. It goes all the way to her other leg without going inward. Only explanation is that it's way too big.
They definitely look like they're too big! But it doesn't surprise me too much as my friends and I would get ones a size up as we were self conscious about our bodies and thought tighter ones would makes look "fat".

Yeah to be honest whoever these two kids were I don't think they were ever officially announced as missing.

Anyone interested in the photo I encourage you listen to the episode dedicated to it on Melinda Esquibel‘s pod cast
VANISHED: The Tara Calico Investigation / Episode 2: Who are the two kids in this photo?

It covers lots of the questions raised here. Also mentions the witness who saw the two kids at the store where the photo was found; the girl in the store and the boy playing around in the front of the van.

Has she made any more recent videos about the port st joe photo? I listened to the one you linked to back in the day and she said at that time she was done talking about the photo because there just wasn't enough info about the situation to continue to make podcasts about it. Is that still true or has she made anymore recent episodes regarding the port st. joe situation?

Hi Sony12, No there’s nothing new regarding the photo. The last info was that she believed that she had a lead but was throwing up more questions than answers.

The investigation into Tara’s disappearance is all pointing to her been killed where she vanished in New Mexico and hence is distancing itself from links to the Florida photo

The pod casts have stopped as it sounds like there is some activity with LE / FBI around the case. Hopefully if that case did break it might give some publicity to this photo too and get it to a wider audience

Hi
Hi Sony12, No there’s nothing new regarding the photo. The last info was that she believed that she had a lead but was throwing up more questions than answers.

The investigation into Tara’s disappearance is all pointing to her been killed where she vanished in New Mexico and hence is distancing itself from links to the Florida photo

The pod casts have stopped as it sounds like there is some activity with LE / FBI around the case. Hopefully if that case did break it might give some publicity to this photo too and get it to a wider audience
hi guys I am new here and wanted to know what you think of Karen and Michael reinert possibly being the kids in the polaroid. Both the cases have fascinated me for years but the timelines are a little off . The children went missing in 1979 and were 11 and 10 years old at the time but Karen especially bares a striking resemblance to the Polaroid picture.

Hi

hi guys I am new here and wanted to know what you think of Karen and Michael reinert possibly being the kids in the polaroid. Both the cases have fascinated me for years but the timelines are a little off . The children went missing in 1979 and were 11 and 10 years old at the time but Karen especially bares a striking resemblance to the Polaroid picture.
Welcome to WsCassie14, thanks for the suggestion!
This is the Ws thread for them..
Deceased/Not Found - PA - Karen, 11, & Michael Reinert, 10, Ardmore, 22 June 1979 *W. Bradfield guilty*

You're welcome. Good question about the thumb and the apparent backpack. I'm spent many hours trying to find a match. No luck yet. As for the girls t shirt? I've read posts where it was supposedly identified too but I can't disagree more. I don't think it's an egg head shirt at all. However, I can't positively identify what it is - so I haven't challenged that determination before now.

Hello All.

I am responding to my own post to correct myself.

After searching for a match to the girls shirt and after reviewing just about every scanned image I could find, I can now say that I am convinced that her tee shirt was an "egghead" printed tee shirt.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who might have been mislead by my posts to the contrary.

I hope to post some photos and other (I think unique) observations soon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello All.

I am responding to my own post to correct myself.

After searching for a match to the girls shirt and after reviewing just about every scanned image I could find, I can now say that I am convinced that her tee shirt was an "egghead" printed tee shirt.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who might have been mislead by my posts to the contrary.

I hope to post some photos and other (I think unique) observations soon.

Thanks.

Yeah we were talking about that earlier in this thread (couldn't tell you what page it was on as it was probably a year or two ago) and people figured out it said egghead.

I just read that the FBI has a $20K reward for info that leads to the location of Tara's remains. It does seem Tara was killed in that area and the crime has been well hidden. One would think that after decades someone would come forward with helpful info. Then I remember Jacob Wetterling, whose perpetrator was right there in his community, and had actually been on the police's radar. Instead the police zeroed in on an innocent man, and adamantly refused to focus on other suspects. I cannot believe there wasn't anyone else in that community who didn't know about Heinrich's proclivities. But no one was talking and to this day I don't understand why. I was just re-reading Tara's case and saw the other pictures of the little boy that were mailed years later to the police. The article said the police have file folders full of letters and clues. Are these pictures meant to be a distraction from the real culprits of this crime? It's been thirty years and this case appears cold. Maybe it's time to have someone else examine the clues, before all local suspects leave the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305