Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was someone in this thread who said they were stopped by a young child on Colfax asking for money to get water. He said the kid looked dehydrated and young. He also asked the kid how old he was and the kid said 15. I mean what if she drove from colorado Springs to denver and just left him there sick hoping he would just succumb to his illness.

Hmm, adding my thoughts: She didn't realize she was captured on cam getting into the red truck with Gannon, so she took him somewhere, then set up the "he ran away" lie so when he is found deceased she could hide behind "but he ran away!" MOO. Her lie was exposed by the neighbor, thank goodness.

And cell phones. What kid goes anywhere without their phone? I’ve been trying to catch up and keep up, but what’s the status of their cell phones? Seems like he left his behind?

My question is the phone one with Text/Calling abilities. My kids have our old phones but they don't have a data plan. So they can only use them if connected to WiFi so they never take them when go to friends houses, etc. They don't even really use them at home either since they prefer their tablets.

When the investigation started they may not have had enough evidence to obtain a search warrant.

After, all, he was reported as a runaway and at the start they conducted the investigation as if he was a runaway.

I'm thinking this was intentional in order to throw them off or hinder the investigation.

Imo
From what I saw of the father's anguish I would guess they wouldn't need a warrant, he would have opened the house to LE.

Jmo I think when a child may be in danger the requirements for search warrants are at least reduced...some sort of emergency situation? Does anyone know for sure? Still wondering if this house search WAS the first one...why. Also trying to research re: permission to search...do all residents have to give it or just the owner...is Gitana here?

Anyway still stuck on why house was not thoroughly search right away...or at least as soon as LE said he was not seen on video...jmo
The house was also searched last week. Crime lab was there and several officers

I hadn't seen the part yet about him walking slowly. This is even worse and tells me he was reluctant, scared or injured. I agree that that would play a big part in the father's reaction. Something happened inside, is still my thought. Thank you for the link. I'm going to read it again.
My assumption is the father's reaction is because leaving with GS at 10-ish AM, and returning without him at 1 or 2 pm doesn't fit the story she has told (especially if he wouldn't have been home to leave for a friend's between 3 and 4), so he's reacting this way because he knows this means he didn't walk off to a friends and is hiding out, and it likely confirms something more sinister.

While everyone is focusing on the car and Gannon getting in/out of it. I noticed in the press conference that the detective was pretty specific that something lead them to targeted, specific searches. I'm speculating that happened prior to the video being released as they moved their operations.

So what potentially led them to move? I think that may be a bigger clue of what's going on than the video is. Is someone talking? Is that why they aren't overly concerned with the video being leaked?

I really hope they hadn't already made a deal :oops:

I hope so, too. It did seem like they are getting closer.

Thanks.
Just 51 seconds? And parents original presser footage rehashed? Was that it?

Try this one:
From what I saw of the father's anguish I would guess they wouldn't need a warrant, he would have opened the house to LE.

They may still want a search warrant. It's the gold standard since the SM is also a legal resident of the house. But, I agree that he would likely have consented.

Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for Gannon Stauch

I went back to the original article where this news team was asked not to share the video or what was on it - yet we now know the neighbor described it despite what LE asked of the news - so what gives ? The neighbor doesn’t strike me as a 15 min of fame type - did he get approval to say what he saw later and is doing so? For a strategic reason in the investigation? My guess is yes - it’s all orchestrated and timed for a reason - It’s these little inconsistencies that make me think there is way more going on ...
JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed as off topic>

I was surprised the police hadn’t already obtained video footage from any and all cameras in the vicinity. And I can’t imagine trying to investigate something like this with so many rumors flying and poi people talking on social media. They must have a full time internet crawling investigator.

They are asking now, or reiterating to check again

Search For Gannon Stauch: Investigators Ask Neighbors To Check Security Video

"Investigators in El Paso County are asking neighbors of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch to check their security camera video for possible clues. The little boy’s stepmother reported that he was last seen between 3 and 4 p.m. Jan. 27. But in a news conference on Tuesday, investigators asked neighbors to also review security footage in the days leading up to that time.

“If you live in the neighborhood and have a video camera, please look back… to see if there’s any video from before Gannon went missing,” said El Paso County Sgt. Deborah Mynatt.

Search For Gannon Stauch: Investigators Ask Neighbors To Check Security Video

Last edited:
I'm curious about the command center moving to their facility. Is this done so they are away from news and family? Or so they can examine evidence? I don't Know if I've ever seen them moving their investigative command center back to their offices, have you all?
The new IC is closer to the area where they have been searching more recently....so that might be part of it?
IMO

I did like how the Sgt stressed that the reason they were investigating it at first as a runaway was because of direct information the SM gave. I just feel like she emphasized that for a reason.

Yes. I think it's because now the timeline has changed by hours.

In regards to them living in the home, in Lucas's case, Jonathan (and then Emily when she was released from jail) was allowed to live in their home after he went missing. The time frame is one of those fuzzy things that has faded over the last 2 years, but I remember it being very soon after he went missing (possibly before she was even arrested).
Thanks for commenting here. I am sure this case stirs up some uncomfortable reminders of what your family has been going through. When I first saw this case in the news, I sent a private convo to a few of the people active in Lucas' board to say how eerily similar it feels to what you went through.

While everyone is focusing on the car and Gannon getting in/out of it. I noticed in the press conference that the detective was pretty specific that something lead them to targeted, specific searches. I'm speculating that happened prior to the video being released as they moved their operations.

So what potentially led them to move? I think that may be a bigger clue of what's going on than the video is. Is someone talking? Is that why they aren't overly concerned with the video being leaked?

I really hope they hadn't already made a deal :oops:
bbm
When a 'like' is not enough.
People who harm others (if this is what happened) should not get a 'deal'.
Think Krystal Kenney.

Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for Gannon Stauch

I went back to the original article where this news team was asked not to share the video or what was on it - yet we now know the neighbor described it despite what LE asked of the news - so what gives ? The neighbor doesn’t strike me as a 15 min of fame type - did he get approval to say what he saw later and is doing so? For a strategic reason in the investigation? My guess is yes - it’s all orchestrated and timed for a reason - It’s these little inconsistencies that make me thing there is way more going on ...
JMO
To induce panic in SM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads