Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the latest post from the EPC Sheriff's Office, it specifically states that "Any information that is prematurely released and is not directly released from the El Paso County Sheriff's Department is not a credible source."

I'm going to back the Sheriff's department on this because I don't trust the media and I have a big problem with the time stamps on the video which was prematurely released. I am not saying the video isn't legitimate, but I don't trust the time stamps or the media.

JMO

So true. The point of being here is to discuss facts, but also to offer possible theories. We all have different life experiences which color our POV's. This is the beauty of coming together in a community like WS. What one doesn't think of, another will ;)
bbm
And there you have it. :D :D :D

emph. mine

Gannon is 11; so not a teen.
Still a boy.
And it appeared like he was moving very slowly almost hesitating.
Seemed frightened or ill.
Very concerning. :(
The same applies to pre-teens. Maybe more so. He looked fine to me. Not at all frightened or ill. Not concerning at all without more. jmo

ah yes I remember that
I was thinking in terms of stepmom's phone

One thing I'm wondering about now is what time Monday the purported Google search was done.

Specifically, I'm wondering if that Google search was done before SM and GS were seen leaving the house on Monday morning, after SM returned with the truck in the afternoon, or sometime in between.

Do you know what the facts are on this case?
People are allowed to discuss their ideas and give their viewpoints. Especially when it involves children. This is a extremely hard case for fellow websleuthers. We are not in a fantasy world or as you stated fantasy thinking. We just want this sweet 11 year old found and brought back to his family.

The what if this and what if that get to be a bit much. We are allowed to speculate on facts. Making up wild theories will not help find anyone. And we are not allowed to post off topic personal anecdotes.

Unless she passed him off to someone we know he’s within a two hour range of his house.
Someplace VERY familiar to SM with close to zero traffic
I’ve been thinking along similar lines. I’m absolutely directionally challenged. East west north south. It’s all the same to me. But I keep going back to this video. I don’t know how far away it is.

Hope is all a parent has. That’s why his mother said she needs people to have hope with her. My son was known to be dead right away, so there was no hope. But as a mother, I can understand that when you don’t know, you might understand realistically that your child is gone, - but for that child’s sake, you don’t give up until it’s known to be over. Because there’s nothing more unacceptable and crushing than thinking that child might need that from you, if they’re still here, and you gave up.

That, and people here making statements that they hope, is simply keeping one’s humanity, while recognizing that a tragic ending is plausible and even likely, vs strict rules and codes about merely reading and speaking facts.
Thank you for your insight and eloquent words. I am very sorry you lost your dear son.

Why would the video being easily tossed? If she did not tell LE she took Gannon somewhere that day (or even that she went somewhere that day) - it is very important circumstantial evidence. It is the last time he is seen by anyone that can be verified (assuming the date/time stamps correct). There is zero reason she could have "forgotten" about this trip that ended within a hour of when he went "missing" by her calculation. Moreover, in conjunction with no video of him walking away on anyone's security cameras (assuming they can be shown to pick that up), it is very impressive evidence. How is it meaningless?

Exactly. The video is what it is. It will not get tossed out of court.

Why would the video being easily tossed? If she did not tell LE she took Gannon somewhere that day (or even that she went somewhere that day) - it is very important circumstantial evidence. It is the last time he is seen by anyone that can be verified (assuming the date/time stamps correct). There is zero reason she could have "forgotten" about this trip that ended within a hour of when he went "missing" by her calculation. Moreover, in conjunction with no video of him walking away on anyone's security cameras (assuming they can be shown to pick that up), it is very impressive evidence. How is it meaningless?

Exactly. The video is what it is. It will not get tossed out of court.

I reckon most definitely the time and date info was scrubbed on tonight's releases. All the stills from last night from same guy's footage was dated and timed. But not necessarily relevant to what appears to have been the key evidence.
I don’t know that it was scrubbed. When the video cuts to show the truck arriving back at the house it seems to me it’s someone recording the footage playing on a tv and they zoom in on the corner where the truck is. The date and time might just be out of frame.

We have no idea, as law enforcement is keeping all of that quiet. My sense is that the video blew her timeline apart, and proved to law enforcement that she had lied to them.

Just because she was gone for 4 hours, doesn’t mean she was driving for 4 hours. We do know that searches seem to be focused within miles of the home, and there has to be a reason for that.

RBBM

Indeed. If Gannon has come to harm by her premeditated actions, those four hours would fly like minutes. She would be scrambling to cover her tracks.

Which she didn't do very well, if the neighbor's video is authentic.

JMVHO.

At the Q&A, the LE spokesperson referenced the folly of investigative info being leaked because of future legal proceedings. We don’t know how successful a defense atty would be in getting that video out of the way.

It does to me too although the still shots are blurry. Now my question is, "was there any footage that shows her bringing that "item", whatever it was, back? I haven't seen any.

One more question for anyone that may know, is the truck AS's vehicle? If so, why would she need a truck to take him to the hospital? Or, Petco or wherever? Needing 4-wheel drive for some rough terrain? The other vehicle in the driveway does not appear to be the daughter's Jetta unless I'm not seeing clearly. Isn't her car white or did I dream that? TIA

I am curious about this too.
''is the truck AS's vehicle? If so, why would she need a truck to take him to the hospital? Or, Petco or wherever?''

I doubt she would have disposed of him any where nearby. Too risky. And wherever her phone pinged, that might've just been a stop along the way to where she was actually headed (she probably left the phone somewhere and then continued on).

What wilderness or remote places has she been to around there before? Did she camp, hike, hunt, or fish? Places that are within say 1 1/2 hr drive of the house? Mountains would be best, and might avoid the need to dig a grave. Wouldn't be far from the road. But she would've had to find a place with no witnesses, so not any scenic or popular routes. Heavily wooded areas a possibility, but not as likely IMO..

Might be video cams on some of the routes up into the mountains or out into remote areas though. And I assume they've checked GPS /on star on the truck (maybe they're awaiting results), and gas station cc receipts.

Perhaps they can also test the soil on the truck tires, her shoes, and on any implements in the bag. They could also test those same items for Gannon's DNA. Also, check the house for antifreeze (incl trace amounts on glasses). But they've probably done all that, and again, it's just more circumstantial evidence without finding Gannon. Wish we could bring him home

emph. mine

Gannon is 11; so not a teen.
Still a boy.
And it appeared like he was moving very slowly almost hesitating.
Seemed frightened or ill.
Very concerning. :(
I was thinking about what we can see of G's affect and posture in the video; speaking of alternative scenarios, I wonder if it could be explained by his emotional state rather than a physical issue like illness or injury.
Maybe, being a tween boy (who lives in a blended family with some complicated parental factors), he and his stepmother had a disagreement about something in the house. I can think of a million things an 11-year-old and a stepmother who presented the way this one did in the Cousin It interview could disagree about. Maybe she was irritated that he was home instead of at school. Maybe he just missed his dad (or mom). Maybe he was just being obnoxious the way 11-year-old boys can be (I say that with great love for 11-year-old boys).
So maybe she wanted him to get in the car to go somewhere and he just didn't want to go, like he didn't want to be in the same space with her or he really just wanted to lay around and play video games. So he was moving reluctantly and refusing to close the car door, etc.

I'm not saying this means there definitely was no injury or other risk to his life (and it doesn't really explain anything about whatever evidence LE collected in the house). He certainly could have been hurt or sick, I'm just not sure we know that from what we've seen on the limited video we've got so far.

Following this alternative theory along, I think this would point toward some accidental terrible thing happening to G wherever they went in the hours before SM returned alone (and her covering it up), or toward her snapping and reacting to his attitude violently.

FOX31 and Channel 2 were the first to obtain a copy of the video, which came from a surveillance camera at a home in the neighborhood where Stauch was last seen. After discussing the video with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, FOX31 and Channel 2 have decided to share it.

On Monday, investigators were seen removing evidence from the house.

Drayton says the video shows Stauch and his stepmother leaving the home in a pickup truck about 10:13 a.m. on Jan. 27.

"I saw him come out of the house, get into the truck. Something's not right," Drayton said, adding that Stauch looked sluggish and as though he may have been "drugged."

Video shows the truck returning at 2:19 p.m. However, Stauch is not seen.

"[He] never got out of the truck," Drayton said.
Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288