Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Whats interesting to me is at 1:30 in the video (short 6 min version), I think she spots the car coming and so she jumps in the drivers seat until the car passes and then immediately gets back out after car passes.

That tells me she wanted to avoid being seen by the passing car. I think that part alone tells me she was up to no good.

Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO
This was such a great catch, Hatfield. And if you toggle back and forth, you’ll notice her feet hitting the ground and the car passing are incredibly well orchestrated.

It got me thinking that if she is this hyper vigilant about not being seen, that she may also be considering video cams. I’m watching the video extra carefully with that in mind.

Two other (more far fetched) things I pondered:
- she sort of inched up in driveway and paused. Wondered if she is using truck to shield some type of activity going on to the right of her truck.
- that car that passed when she then quickly jumped in truck momentarily, is driving very far left in the road. Could just be defensive driving if driver thinks truck appears to be about to exit driveway. But it was just something I noticed.

One thing seems clear from watching this video. She was moving very efficiently. She had purpose. She had a plan. This took some coordinating.

***My opinion only - he has a head injury (reason if we was vomiting / i.e.getting sick in the house) - told him they were going to the ER but he passes on the way? She has a blister on her hand from a shovel?
I'd think a child with severe head injury, enough to pass soon, would be unconscious and not walking on his own. My thoughts are more that there was an injury (not yet at the severe point but bad) in which he couldn't be taken to hospital or someone would get in trouble. So he was taken elsewhere. I'd guess there is a bite mark on the palm. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
This is where my thinking is landing on this. Either something accidentally happened to him in the house or they went elsewhere and it happened there. It's possible SM was scared of incriminating herself further because of alleged activity and didn't expect him to not be found? I dunno. I am not seeing a massive premeditated thing at this time. And a part of me wants Gannon to be ok still. :(

What you described her doing qualifies legally for premeditation. Moo.

MOO on her return, she backs in and ultimately parks in the driveway with enough space between the truck and the next vehicle to leave a strip of light on the cement between them. This strip backlights the area beneath the truck and beneath all doors. Feet and legs descending from any door to the ground to exit the truck would clearly be seen.[/QUOT
This what I showed my husband. He agreed!

That makes sense on why she would wear a shirt that covered her hand. I know those shirts are popular, but that would be perfect of you are trying to keep an injury covered.

Can anyone see close enough that the shirt actually did have the thumb hole or did she manually cut a thumb hole?

What evidence do you have that they missed it? And how do you know when they viewed it? They updated him from a runaway to endangered missing four days after he disappeared. It appears they believed he was a runaway at first. So no need for them to view footage that could show the home and who was going in and out.

At some point they began combing through all the video evidence. They announced that on 1-30-20. So a couple days had probably passed.

Once they did so, they would have no reason to tell the public what they found.
This was discovered 7 days after he went missing Gitana. The cctv footage belonged to the guy who lived 2 doors away. It's good footage and he was more than willing to share it, he knew Gannon and he knew the family.
It was priority footage and would have been examined very quickly because of it's location and quality. The child was missing, he had never done it before, they had met his SM, their hackles probably were up.
So, yeah, look at those ones first.
My father was a cop, I don't actually hate them. I don't know when CNN made the first interview, I believe I saw it 2 days ago but it could have been 3.

Did forensic detectives remove food from the home when they collected evidence? Read somewhere else they did. That puts suspected poisoning on the map.

Does anyone have any weird feelings about dad's behaviour?

I was thinking of the controversy regarding releasing the video. Although I understand the cons. I also see the pros.

With the public seeing this video, perhaps it will jog peoples memory of seeing this vehicle between this time period. I wonder why LE didn’t send out a press release asking people if they had seen this make and model truck, before this footage was released.

The release of this footage might also trigger her friends and family to put pressure on her for explanations. I don’t think her daughter had anything to do with this. But I do think her daughter believes in her mother. She is likely with her daughter currently and I think that after seeing this footage her daughter is probably asking her lots of questions.

MOO

Sounds like something to be used as "reasonable doubt". The problem with media releasing the video, now she knows what they have. I can just hear a defense attorney saying it at trial.

MOO I have no doubt he did not exit in the footage so far released.
A stroke of luck for Gannon that beneath the truck has backlight and a persons feet and legs exiting from any door including the passenger door would be on the video.

Just a few random thoughts -

1. I wonder if that bag she's carrying to the truck could hold one of these small shovels?
2. The time and phone's location when the internet search was made seems crucial.
3. Does the younger daughter ride the bus home? I may have missed this. I just wondered if the stepmom had to leave to go pick her up?

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this timeline of events - is this accurate?

Sunday:
  • Trip to the Garden of the Gods
  • Drop Gannon at home
  • Stepmom and little sister go pick up Burger King and bring it back home
  • Older stepsister comes home from work

Monday:
  • Little sister goes to school, Gannon stays home sick
  • 10:13 AM Gannon & Stepmom get in truck to go somewhere
  • 2:19 PM Stepmom returns home, seemingly without Gannon
  • (time??) Little sister gets home from school - rides bus or does she get picked up?
  • 3:15-4:00 PM Gannon leaves on foot to go to a friend's house
  • (time??) Sometime in the evening, Stepmom tells Dad that Gannon has not arrived home

<modsnip: SM rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this:

PURE SPECULATION:

Gannon is or isn't sick. Stepmom is home, Dad is stationed out of state, leaving her as a virtual single mother, with three kids in the house, one hers, two not. Do or don't add some marital strife, caretaker resentment, etc...

Long night with a sick kid perhaps, no sleep... next day, can't we see a sick child refusing to go to school or wanting to, a sick child wanting to go play, maybe texting his dad or not, but ultimately being frustrated with step mom's noes or yesses, and blurtng the words probably every stepchild has blurted -- "you can't tell me what to do! You're not my REAL mom!" Or "you're not my dad!" Or "you're mean, I don't like you, I'm going to run away."

IMO to an insecure, self-centered stepparent, that could strike just about every reactive nerve there.

"Oh, yeah? I've TAKEN CARE OF YOU FOR TWO YEARS! That's how you want to thank me? Get in the car, I'LL SHOW YOU running away."
This case unnerves me. They are every family, living in every fresh development, in Any City, U.S.A. How does it go from hiking and happy and normal, to this?
Let today be the day LE brings Gannon home.
JMO

I highly disagree this is an average family. As discussed in Gray’s video, SM has an extensive violent record. And slept with her friends husband. That’s only what we can talk about on WS.

I don’t see anything “average” about that.

Last edited:
Did forensic detectives remove food from the home when they collected evidence? Read somewhere else they did. That puts suspected poisoning on the map.

Does anyone have any weird feelings about dad's behaviour?
Buying a Nisan to begin with----Motown

Can anyone see close enough that the shirt actually did have the thumb hole or did she manually cut a thumb hole?
It was made that way. Not cut out. I blew up the photo with the bandage and there is nothing on the thumb hole that would be consistent with cut fabric (fraying, jagged edges). MOO

MOO I have no doubt he did not exit in the footage so far released.
A stroke of luck for Gannon that beneath the truck has backlight and a persons feet and legs exiting from any door including the passenger door would be on the video.
Yes, and coming home SM backd in then pull forward backed then pull forward back in yada yada yada. She was parked so close to that other vehicle I don't think anybody in the passenger side could have got out.

This was discovered 7 days after he went missing Gitana. The cctv footage belonged to the guy who lived 2 doors away. It's good footage and he was more than willing to share it, he knew Gannon and he knew the family.
It was priority footage and would have been examined very quickly because of it's location and quality. The child was missing, he had never done it before, they had met his SM, their hackles probably were up.
So, yeah, look at those ones first.
My father was a cop, I don't actually hate them. I don't know when CNN made the first interview, I believe I saw it 2 days ago but it could have been 3.

How do you know it was discovered 7 days later though? That’s what the neighbor said is when he saw it. But no one has shown when LE was at his house and no one has shown they weren’t aware of the footage until the neighbor alerted him.

LE hasn’t said that. Again, they would have no reason to tell the neighbor what they found on his footage.

He says they viewed 6-7 hours of footage. We don’t know what hours. We don’t know when they did so, do we? And we don’t know what they noticed at that time.

I have a bunch of shirts/sweatshirts/thermals/coats that has the design where you can put your thumb through. None of mine look like the ways hers is. The way it's bunched and just where it sits and angled doesn't look like that when I wear mine. I'm not sure if she cut it herself or if she is purposely wearing it wrong. But it does look odd to me too.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member