Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would LE rely on his younger sisters recount of the events of the weekend to issue an arrest warrant? Do LEs generally take what children say with a grain of salt or could her recounting be the real clincher?
I would think she is old enough to provide some valuable information to LE, if she saw anything that would be helpful.

She may not know what happened to Gannon, though. She was likely in school when the stepmom left the house with Gannon but she would be able to describe other events that may have led up to whatever happened to him.

She could also give investigators some insight into the family dynamics and the relationship between the stepmom and the kids.

Imo

The search — which has generated at least 184 tips from the public and exceeded 2,400 man-hours by investigators — is being conducted in “very specific” areas Wednesday, sheriff’s office spokeswoman Jacqueline Kirby told The Post.

Kirby declined to elaborate on where deputies would focus those efforts.

The spokeswoman also refused to comment on reports that a neighbor said his home surveillance system caught Letecia Stauch and Gannon getting into a red truck early Monday before she returned home hours later without her stepson.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/deput...ion-in-search-for-colorado-boy-gannon-stauch/

Spokesperson confirmed the video is part of the investigation but wouldn't confirm if it was stepmother LS on the video.

The early release of the video is causing quite a mess for LE it seems. I'm not sure how important it is at this point for them to continue to sidestep some questions. OTOH I hope it doesn't impact any charges that are laid down the road.

Yes I remember that on the Mollie Tibbets case (he's trying to get out of it...ugh). But SM from everything we've been privy to see, always has a fitbit on. So even if she did not take her phone with her couldn't they still track her day?
Or if I didn't return from one of my long walks....would my hubby, without my passwords, be able to locate me?

(I know..it's unbelievably frustrating watching that play out)

I'm not sure that an individual themselves can log in to track (there are some apps that allow friends to compete in exercise challenges that *may* allow those in the group to see) but I would imagine LE could get to it.

Weirdly enough, I studied that court case in a course in college. Wild story.

There's so much data that can be pulled from those devices. A lot of people worry about privacy - I speak only for myself, but if you're not doing anything wrong...what's the worry? Shoot, if something happens to me, please tell LE to get that data asap!
Exactly! Since reading here I make sure to walk in the path of cameras, use my debit card instead of cash, keep the gps turned on in my car and on my phone, etc.

How much would LE rely on his younger sisters recount of the events of the weekend to issue an arrest warrant? Do LEs generally take what children say with a grain of salt or could her recounting be the real clincher?
They use specially trained investigators, play therapists and the like to communicate with children. It's not the same as adult interviews, they are conducted in the language of the child. Meet the child where he or she is at. It is highly specialized work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288