Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And most importantly of all, SHE had to take care of "that child" for the past two years because his mother didn't want to.

I think she had a great deal of resentment towards Gannon and I hate to think of how she treated him when his father wasn't around.

I don't know about Munchausen, but I think he may have been emotional abused and maybe it led to physical abuse.

She clearly did not come across as a loving parent concerned about her stepson in her interview. She didn't say much about him at all until the reporter asked her about him.

Imo
He's also nearing the age where he turns from cute kid into teen/man and maybe that added to tensions. A kid this age begins to voice their discontent more often (OMG believe me I am learning this right now), and she wasn't having it.

Truth in lies? She was said to have been in the basement working out when he left. What type of workout equipment is there? Free weights? Dumbbells?

Long time visitor to the site, but new member. Have read TOS but still learning the posting ropes. Here for Gannon!

I was overjoyed that AS separated himself from TS in this case. So many times, even under the specter of wrongdoing, it seems that parents stick together and the innocent parent will support the parent under suspicion. I think the safety and well-being of children has to come first and can’t imagine standing by someone thought to have injured my child. I have a few legal questions. If the 17-year-old daughter of TS is a minor, would the consent of the BF of said daughter be enough to compel her to speak with detectives or could LS, if she has primary custody, derail that effort? What would happen to the custody issue if LS were detained? I know she is nearly a legal adult but if her mom was incarcerated could she be made a ward if the court and interviewed? Just as I don’t understand why Lori Vallow Daybell hasn’t been booked in regard to her kissing children, isn’t there some charge by which TS could be arrested given the neighbor’s video or false statements to authorities, that wouldn’t hinder a more serious charge and prosecution. Getting someone in jail and in the legal process would seem to me to be a first step in demoralizing TS and perhaps sending her down the path to telling the truth.

jmho
Welcome to WS - great points. I do think they (DA) will arrest the person(s) responsible when they feel they can get a conviction and not before IMO. We wait. As far as minors -since we don't sleuth there really isn't much to say about the other child IMO. We just can't go there.
JMO

It also seems she might take him to a place that has significance with her husband just for spite. Is he a hunter? Turkey Creek is a good thought. Lake George? Lots of steep drop offs on the road up to Pikes Peak.

Hopefully there is trace dirt on the undercarriage of the truck to point to a direction.
They did say they were searching specific areas based on something. So sorry for them.

What was it that the sheriff's office just put out? This is not a crime investigation it's a missing endangered child investigation? Was it something like that?

This makes me think strongly that whatever they found inside of that house, whatever they brought it out in bags, will later be used as evidence against her. I don't think they found a death evidence in that home. I think they found previous "incidents" which can all be looked at and found with a black light ( or luminal).

Previous "incidents meaning: previous cleaned up vomit, previous cleaned up with peroxide blood possibly from vomit, previous urinating spots-- such as when a child is locked in their bedroom and they have to go to the bathroom and there's no place to go. And or previous sweat, saliva or god forbid semen.

Granted human urine is a much more of a pale yellow than let's a dog or cat. In my cleaning company I use black lights quite a bit.
I like where you're going with this. I'm just trying to figure out how they would tie this type of evidence to her.

MOO

I hope so. After learning about all the remote and isolated places in that area I'm worried they won't find him.
She was gone for a very long time. I would think she wouldn't take her phone so she couldn't be tracked.
I don't know if the truck has GPS but I would think she would have known that, too.

Imo
Maybe she took the truck because she knew HER car could be tracked.

I think just about every high profile case brings out the trolls. Thank goodness for WS.
I would imagine LE have and are continuing to question LS. I hope they were able to find evidence in the several searches so that a focused account of what happened to GS emerges.
MOO
I just signed out of 2 of those FB groups, too nasty, fake rumors, no filter whatsoever, contradictory info, average posters' age seemingly 15, and posting from study hall in middle school. Same as with the inmate watts case. I'll just wait and see what surfaces here. ( No I have nothing against 15 year olds, lol)

FOX31 Denver KDVR on Twitter

Private investigator speaks on search for missing boy Gannon Stauch

Marshburn is not involved in the case of Gannon Stauch, but says he has a strong feeling about what might have happened to the 11-year-old based on the little information he's received.

"I don't think I'm going to like the outcome. I don't think anybody's going to like the outcome," said Marshburn.

More at link above...

ETA: I see now this has already been posted, but I’ll leave it for those like me who are having trouble keeping up with the thread.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS - great points. I do think they (DA) will arrest the person(s) responsible when they feel they can get a conviction and not before IMO. We wait. As far as minors -since we don't sleuth there really isn't much to say about the other child IMO. We just can't go there.
JMO

Thanks for the welcome and info.

Last edited:
So I grew up in Colorado and putting myself in her place, I feel strongly she went into the mountains or stayed local. The east is so so flat and exposed. No trees. You can see for as long as possible and not many cars on the road. People notice you. Would she feel comfortable doing whatever she did to him just out in the open? Burying him or trying to sink him? I don't feel like she would. Not during the day at least. If she went directly west into the mountains she would have cover and be isolated and we know how hard it is to find a body in the mountains not on a trail...think of Serenity Dennard. My guess is she took 24 and found somewhere she could park out of sight. There are also reservoirs off 24 within 1 hr of her house (north and south Catamount, Crystal Creek).
BBM
I’ve been thinking about the various reservoirs throughout the area around Colorado Springs, looking at this map from the Tourism bureau...there are several.

Towns Within One Hour Drive of Colorado Springs | CO Vacation Directory

Lurking. Someone mentioned Ft. Carson, I wanted to point that out last night that maybe she went into post, but I didn't want to be judged.

Ft. Carson is right around the corner from where she lives. Children under 18 aren't usually checked for their ID and if she was chosen to do a vehicle inspection or if they were to glance at Gannon, they wouldn't question her if he seemed sick since she can easily say "We need to go to the ER" ...

Tank trails and places that say do not enter, noone really cares if you go through there. So many places that are never checked... So many spots people never go through.

Idk if they are scanning IDs now since the whole Trump-Iran incident, most of the time the guys just look at your ID instead of scanning them and let you through the gate... so if she's lucky, they'd let her through the gate and it wouldn't show any history of her coming on post unless there are cameras.

Thank you! I was just on the process of googling if that unit was on Carson. Makes sense it would be on Schriever considering where they live, way closer to Schriever than Carson. I wonder if they had taken trips to Canon City/Royal Gorge. Or if she used Carson's PX instead of AF BX. I mean, I preferred the BX than the PX, it was way nicer lol.
I wonder if she googled or was familiar with the 115.

Fort Carson’s gate 20 is fewer than 10 miles to their house. It’s why I assumed he was stationed at Carson. A lot of soldiers stationed there live in Fountain because of Gate 20. Gate 1, which is also the visitors entrance, is on Hwy 115 and a pain in the tush to use, IMO. When my husband was at Carson, we lived near gate 4. There isn’t much off post housing near gate 1, so it’s weird to me that they’ve kept the “main gate” off the beaten path considering how much the area has grown.

Lurking. Someone mentioned Ft. Carson, I wanted to point that out last night that maybe she went into post, but I didn't want to be judged.

Ft. Carson is right around the corner from where she lives. Children under 18 aren't usually checked for their ID and if she was chosen to do a vehicle inspection or if they were to glance at Gannon, they wouldn't question her if he seemed sick since she can easily say "We need to go to the ER" ...

Tank trails and places that say do not enter, noone really cares if you go through there. So many places that are never checked... So many spots people never go through.

Idk if they are scanning IDs now since the whole Trump-Iran incident, most of the time the guys just look at your ID instead of scanning them and let you through the gate... so if she's lucky, they'd let her through the gate and it wouldn't show any history of her coming on post unless there are cameras.

If the 17-year-old daughter of TS is a minor, would the consent of the BF of said daughter be enough to compel her to speak with detectives or could LS, if she has primary custody, derail that effort?

SBM

If a crime is suspected, it is my understanding that children can be questioned WITHOUT parental consent.

He's also nearing the age where he turns from cute kid into teen/man and maybe that added to tensions. A kid this age begins to voice their discontent more often (OMG believe me I am learning this right now), and she wasn't having it.

Truth in lies? She was said to have been in the basement working out when he left. What type of workout equipment is there? Free weights? Dumbbells?
Many single story homes in this area have full finished basements the size of the entire square footage of the main level. Some are fully finished living areas. Many people have full workout rooms, guest or family member bedrooms with full bathrooms, recreation/video gaming/theater, rooms, children’s play area etc. I’ll have to look on the property appraiser site again to see what the home’s layout/schematics are.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member